REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > Buyer/Seller Ratings Archive

Buyer/Seller Ratings Archive 2014 Buy/Sell Community Head Moderator: Alatar
Reports/Feedback on particular members you should/shouldn't buy from..

Old 03-02-2003, 11:02 PM   #1
Founder, RS Veteran

Don't be so naive.. Tips on safer transactions

THE FEEDBACK FORUM IS IN USE INDEFINITELY. THE NEW iTRADER SYSTEM WILL BE IN EFFECT IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
This forum will still be available to search in though. Thansk for your understanding!

This is the internet. This is the real world.

Beware of who you deal with on this forum. Use your own judgement. REVscene.net is not responsible for your transactions. We try to help as much as we can, but there's only so much we can do. THE REST IS UP TO YOU.

Here's some tips:

Reliability?
Check their post count. The higher the number, means they've posted a fair amount. However this is NOT an indicator of how reliable the seller is. They could just have a history of posting nonsense to boost their post count. USE YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Trustworthy?
Ask other veterans of this board, if they've dealt with the seller you are about to purchase from. Are they friends of the seller? Is the guy who's recommending to buy from the seller, the seller's best friend? USE YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Illegal Items
Ask for a receipt. If there's none, or he makes some excuse that he lost it.. chances it could be that it was stolen. Watch out. Because if the police find out, they can seize the illegal items and give you nothing despite you being innocent.

NEW ACCOUNTS
This is the RS admins' way of telling you.. BE CAREFUL! WATCHOUT!

FLAKERS?
Backing out at last minute? To prevent this, give them a deadline like: "I will hold it for you until Monday. After that, I will give it to someone else next in line." If they insist, then ask for a deposit on your item to hold it.

Methods of Payment?
Cheques? Don't accept them. Only use guaranteed money orders or drafts. To obtain these you go to any local bank like (Royal Bank, CIBC, TD, etc.) They usually cost about $5/each... pricey, but the funds are as good as cash, guaranteed.
Now if they insist with cheques? They are not guaranteed, so it takes 5 business days for a bank to clear it.
Cash? Watchout for counterfeit cash, especially when dealing at night. Usually you can tell right away from the texture of the bill.

I'm not saying to treat everyone like a thief but just be careful and prepared. Better safe than sorry.

jACE

p.s. Feel free to add some of your tips and ideas
Advertisement

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Founder, RS Veteran

Multiple Accounts - are sellers playing you?!

Of course they are.. its really easy
Here's how they do it..

You somehow have several accounts (they could be new, they could be old, but whatever).

-Lowballing - When you are selling your personal product, the Scam artist uses his different accounts to throw several lowball offers (or emails) at you. This drives down your price of the goods. That's why if you feel its a reasonable price you are asking for, then stay firm. Eventually, someone who knows what you're selling is a good buy, they'll contact you either way. 80% of the time people interested don't reply to your post on RS, but contact you through email, pm, or phone. So don't worry.

-False market - When you are interested in buying a product, the Scam artist will use his different accounts and post differents ads but having the same product.

Eg.
ScamAB sells springs for $200 Eibach prokits for Civic 00
ScamBC sells springs for $210 Eibach prokits for Civic 00
ScamCD sells springs for $205 Eibach prokits for Civic 00

Guess what?
ScamAB=ScamBC=ScamCD
ScamAB, ScamBC, and ScamCD are the same people! It's just one guy trying manipulate you into buying his product. Creating his own market price.

-The reverse is exactly as deceitful.
Say that you are the seller and the scammer is the buyer. You are selling an IBM computer model Ex303 for $500. The scammer will post another ad with the same model IBM computer model Ex303 but significantly cheaper. Then the scammer contacts you, the seller, he will negotiate with you saying that he saw some other ads for the same product.. but for a cheaper price! In fact he is the one who created the false ads.

jACE

Old 03-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
Founder, RS Veteran

we know that multiple accounts happen a lot. We can spot duplicate accounts easily. So its funny how certain people insist they are two different people.

If one guy has a significant amount of posts, then you can conclude 2 things:

1) He post whores a lot or tries to build up his post count.

or

2) He is really an long time veteran user of REVscene.net and chances are he will not decieve you.

So this is in a way a BUY RECOMMENDATION for senior Veteran RS members and a strong CAUTION PURCHASE for newbie NEW ACCOUNT!! members.

Old 03-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #4
Founder, RS Veteran

Duplicate account holders beware

The Classified Patrollers reserve the right to publicly expose duplicate accounts active on the Buy and Sell forums now.

Hopefully this means that if you have a duplicate account, you will stop using them and stick to one.

Secondly, when you stick to one account, you will sell honestly and fairly.

Patrollers will regularly post devious multiple account holders.. so to you dup account holders.. prepare to be exposed.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
REVscene Classifieds Patrollers also reserve the right to edit/remove fraudulent evaluations and violators will have the smack laid down on them.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #6
...in the world.

*****HOW to USE the FORUM*****

It's quite simple. If you just completed a transaction, post in that person's thread and leave feedback.

If that person doesn't have a thread, please start one with their user name as the title.

I will maintain this forum as much as possible...and we'll have hockey-like records next to the user name like...

Ronin (10-0-1) POSITIVE-NEGATIVE-NEUTRAL

Positive - Great transaction. Everyone is on time, products are as they should be and everyone communicated well.

Negative - Poor transaction...for some reason like product was broken, person ripped you off, etc.

Neutral - You got what you wanted but there is something about the transaction that you didn't like...such as the person was 3 hours late. If you feel that there is a problem too big for you to give a positive feedback but not big enough for a negative feedback...give a neutral.

FLAKE RATING - people have asked for this...we won't have one. HOWEVER...if someone flaked on you DURING the deal, like you were supposed to meet up but he never showed and then says later that he doesn't want it/want to sell it anymore, then you should leave a negative. That's just not good etiquette.

Remember...we don't want to hear your life story. Keep it to a few sentences.

EDIT: ** Do not start your own feedback thread or it will get deleted** - OD

Last edited by orgasm_donor; 02-13-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
...in the world.

Sample Evaluations

=============================================

jACE

POSITIVE

Arrived on time. Product was as advertised. Good communcation before meeting up. Recommended.

kcying

NEGATIVE

Product was promised to have a receipt. One was not provided and the serial has been scratched off. User is very likely to be selling stolen/hot goods. BEWARE.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:14 PM   #8
RS Veteran

quick question.... are we not allowed to thank the people that gave us feedback? cause I did and my post quickly got deleted

frostedLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 12:22 AM   #9
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by That_Audio_Guy
quick question.... are we not allowed to thank the people that gave us feedback? cause I did and my post quickly got deleted

It's pretty much understood, isn't it? I want to keep this as clean as possible for counting purposes and so people can read easier. This isn't a discussion forum.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:42 AM   #10
...in the world.

***HOW to RESPOND to FEEDBACK!***

Don't say "Thanks for the feedback!" in the threads please. If you must, PM the person(s). It's pretty much understood amongst us that we're grateful for the positive comments.

ALSO...

If someone gives you negative feedback and you have a good explaination, let me or Supersport know about it. We will either 1.) do a post edit where we put your rebuttal in bold letters under that person's negative comment or 2.) if the comment was made in retaliation or for no reason other than the person hates you...we'll remove it. We won't do that often but if it's just stupid we will.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 PM   #11
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Supersport
u shuddup, we dont like hearing comments from VW owners over here. hehee.. j/k

we're thinking about doing that rite now.
...don't YOU drive a VW?

Yeah, we're working on it.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

one user name per thread?

say ronin thread
so I just keep add ronin there?
valent|n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:26 PM   #13
...in the world.

One thread per user, yes. Just do a search and you should be able to find that user.

We're working on making it alphabetic
Old 04-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #14
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

put the person with negative feedback on top (STICKY)

just a suggestion
valent|n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #15
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

BTW if you repeatedly do deald with certain people, do you have to add feedback again, as in a new post or edit previous replies?
Old 04-09-2003, 08:32 PM   #16
...in the world.

Add. It shows that a person is a good dealer when someone deals with them more than once or regularly.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:57 PM   #17
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I used to be on here, what happened? I searched for my name but it looks like it was erased.
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 06:02 PM   #18
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Just an update on who to see regarding negative feedback.

89Legend, myself (Alatar) and Turbo E are going to be updating threads as necessary, so if you receive negative feedback or have any questions regarding feedback on yourself or someone else, PM one of us or contact us by the means we've supplied in our profiles.

ALSO, regarding feedback, AS RONIN STATED:

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO FEEDBACK WITHIN YOUR THREAD.This is INCREDIBLY messy for us to sift through trying to tally the count properly and is entirely unnecessary.

If you wish to respond to someone's positive feedback on you, PM them or contact them directly to thank them. We don't need pats on the back going back and forth in a user's feedback thread.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:58 AM   #19
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronin
We're working on making it alphabetic
this would be great. its kinda hard to find someone its like you gotta look all 14 pages
Old 02-05-2004, 02:32 PM   #20
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Addition:

PM the MODS if you notice your thread is way off in rating (not 1 or 2, but like 5 or more)

we'll try our best to keep things updated.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #21
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Any progress on alphabetizing this forum? I'm not trying to create more work for you but I just read all 26 pages only to find this guy doesn't have any feedback. I did do a search but as you know, not all the thread starters write usernames the right way. I kinow mine was made up as Flip Tuner and you can't search it. Other people have several threads on them, all with the same username spelled in a different way.

If there's anything I can do to assist, don't hesitate to PM and let me know how I can help.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #22
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

You can try in the search tab in the bottom right corner.

Last edited by sputskee; 01-27-2005 at 08:24 PM.
sputskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:01 PM   #23
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Just a question

If you had a name change then people won't be able to find your new name so they start a new thread instead of adding on the old thread??
MrDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #24
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Quote:
Originally posted by MrDevil
Just a question

If you had a name change then people won't be able to find your new name so they start a new thread instead of adding on the old thread??
If this is the case, and you have had a name change, inform orgasm_donor, pizzaMR2, or myself with your old name and your new name, and we'll edit the thread title to your new name. RCJS has had a name change, for example, from haha21, but his thread does display his current name.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #25
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Alatar, I PM'd you awhile ago, just wondering if you can update my Buysell thread.

The thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=145409

The name-change thread:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=319974
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote