REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #4576
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

11,000 dollars is a good down payment for a new car, and you say you have no cash?
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #4577
Need to Seek Professional Help

Holy crap. Save your money man. My car cost 14,995 off the lot. And its a 2001. Buy a different car. You could even pick upa a kick ass car for like 7000 and dump 4000 into it and you'l be pimpin. Its honestly not worth doing up the camry due to the resale.

-Travis-
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:35 AM   #4578
Banned for being an idiot

mission raceway advanced drivers training course... i want to this summer so bad, i think waylon should aswell
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:48 AM   #4579
RS controls my life!

I hate getting dressed up and going to work...i can't stand looking like a piece of meat for wealthy perverted old men!! YUk!!

Last edited by ThunderKat; 03-19-2004 at 10:50 AM.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:38 AM   #4580
Okanagan Mod Team

But you can stand looking like a piece of meat for poor horney younger guys right

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:53 AM   #4581
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
But you can stand looking like a piece of meat for poor horney younger guys right
Haha!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #4582

IT'S FUCKING SNOWING OUTSIDE!! Wtf is going on?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #4583
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
Its nice here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #4584

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
Its nice here.
It's really nice outside here too... it was weird, all the sudden it started hailing. It stopped after like 15 minutes... but i dunno... weird
Old 03-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #4585
OK Head Mod

Quote:
yeah it's called hail... snow.. no longer.. although i saw a bunch of it on the roads today falling off semis... ugh
Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 PM   #4586
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
That's roughly $12,000 in total to spend on your '89 Camry. You say you don't have money... you could get a damn pimp car for that much money.

After doing all that to your Camry, you probably wouldn't be able to sell it for a penny more than $5,000 at best.

Seriously dude... sellyour car, and use that money to buy something worth while
Here's the thing and no offence to anyone but i don't want a car like the rest of you why wouold i honestly wants a civic or a teg or a lude all of you have one not one person on this site has a Camry so that makes mine unique yeah go ahead laugh at that comment like i care but here's the thing, i am showing my individuality i don't want to be like the rest of the pack and when it's done it isn't going to look that bad and i'll be proud of it because it's what i wanted, not what YOU wanted and i'll be able to say yeah that car is mine it's all me and my personality and not, well da_teg said i should get a teg and spoo said i should put momo's on it and red celi said i should put pioneer's in it and Canadian rider said i should paint it black and danch said i shouldn't put lights on it. Because in the end i'll say I chose this i chose that and "I" like the way it looks, if you don't sorry i'm not here to impress you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumvette View Post
Why do women fake orgasms??

They think we care, hahahhahahaha

Last edited by ToyotaWolf; 03-19-2004 at 07:18 PM.
ToyotaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #4587
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

haha..someones a little testy tonight....manb...settle down...everyone has their own taste and opinion on here...mad ricey shit isnt everyones style...neither is the whole jdm clean action..some like to go fast with a sleeper...some like to take corners at liek 120...some do all of the above...but they have too much time and money :P hahah...jsut settle down...fuck...and dont fucking spazz on everyone...
Old 03-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #4588

dont watch this video. im worning you, its x rated gross

http://movies.flabber.nl/diva.milkshake/
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #4589
Banned for being an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaWolf
Here's the thing and no offence to anyone but i don't want a car like the rest of you why wouold i honestly wants a civic or a teg or a lude all of you have one not one person on this site has a Camry so that makes mine unique yeah go ahead laugh at that comment like i care but here's the thing, i am showing my individuality i don't want to be like the rest of the pack and when it's done it isn't going to look that bad and i'll be proud of it because it's what i wanted, not what YOU wanted and i'll be able to say yeah that car is mine it's all me and my personality and not, well da_teg said i should get a teg and spoo said i should put momo's on it and red celi said i should put pioneer's in it and Canadian rider said i should paint it black and danch said i shouldn't put lights on it. Because in the end i'll say I chose this i chose that and "I" like the way it looks, if you don't sorry i'm not here to impress you.
hey dude i agree with you on this one... point well made...
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #4590

who cares what you drive.

as long as its on two wheels, it's all good in my books
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #4591
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by racer__X__33
haha..someones a little testy tonight....manb...settle down...everyone has their own taste and opinion on here...mad ricey shit isnt everyones style...neither is the whole jdm clean action..some like to go fast with a sleeper...some like to take corners at liek 120...some do all of the above...but they have too much time and money :P hahah...jsut settle down...fuck...and dont fucking spazz on everyone...
dude, u must have read it wrong. he wasnt spazzing at anyone. he was just saying he aing going with the flow of how everyone wants and looks at a car. the man just likes his ride the way he wants it. and i have to agree with him.
clutch5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #4592
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaWolf
not one person on this site has a Camry
there's a reason for that.

(just giving you a hard time )
hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:37 PM   #4593
TC-13*

We're not telling you this because we don't like your car, we are simply trying to help you. Your car is eventually going to break down to the point that it is useless(all cars do)...and being an older car, yours is likely to break down sooner than a newer car. All we're saying is that when it does happen, you will really be kicking yourself for dumping $11,000 into it when you could have just bought a newer, more reliable car. For all I care, you can dump $100,000 into your car. We are only trying to help. As for the suggestions on mods...they are just that...suggestions. Feel free to do whatever you want. If you don't want our opinions, then why did you even join the site?
Oh, and for the record, I have never used or recommended pioneer products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #4594
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
hahaha only for you spoo
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:05 PM   #4595
Okanagan Mod Team

Spoos thoughts:
Just because a billion people drive a civic doesnt mean there arent a selection of Nice ones that stand outside of the ordinary which are amazing cars. Ill agree not everyone should have the same car, but look around, none of us here( i think i can safely say) drive the same car. Sure there are a few civics but they are far from similar, there are a buncha ludes( that have completely different mods) Just because some of us choose to drive more common models of cars(integras, civics, preludes etc) doesnt AT ALL mean we are driving the same car.

-People often over look the above.

-Amanda you rule

-Did my battery terminals today Progress continues with wafer fuse install tomorrrow.

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #4596

Anyone know where i can host a video clip? I've got one that you guys might like to see. haha. A Turboed Saturn destroying 1 eclipse(3rd gen maybe video is a bit shakey) and 2, count it, 2 Honda S2000's, one of which is a 2004 model. all on 10psi with the stock crank and rods. Alot more mods though like cams, port/polish, forged pistons, etc. But definately a good watch.

-Travis-
Old 03-20-2004, 03:52 AM   #4597

i have a few my self, like of a mustang kicking a camaros ass on its back 2 tires. he kept the front up for at least 2/3 of the 1/4 mile. i have a cupple other sweet videos too.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #4598

AHHA! I found the link that I got the vid from...
ftp://69.93.11.19/onemeansaturn/Samsvid.mpg

just right click and "save as"
the first race is an S2000, second is an eclipse... its shakey and hard to make it out, and the last is a brand new 04 S2000

-Travis-
Old 03-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #4599

T-dub... we're not telling you to be like us, we're trying to give you suggestions and opinions based on our past experiences or things we've come across.

Putting 12,000 into an '89 car (and one that has a very low value anyways) is not the smartest thing to do. Like RedCeli said, it's an older car and isn't going to last as long as a newer car or hold it's value as well.

All I was suggesting is that you buy a newer car that will last you longer and save you more in the long run... plus it'll most likely be nicer to look at as well... and you can do that for the same amount of money.

Or... if all you want to do is be original, buy a Tempo, paint it pink and draw huge dicks all over the car. I guarantee you no one will be like you, and you'd definitely be showing your individuality.

Last edited by Gunn; 03-20-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:17 PM   #4600

Quote:
Putting 12,000 into an '89 car (and one that has a very low value anyways) is not the smartest thing to do. Like RedCeli said, it's an older car and isn't going to last as long as a newer car or hold it's value as well.
what about an 89 mustang, camaro, firebird, corvet, bronco, low rider truck, supra or rx7. there are lot you can do to an 89 car or truck. i know 87-93 mustangs that are sold for around 13,000. it all depends on the eye of the beholder. to each his own. thast the point he has trying to get accross through like 4 posts. and just cause teh car is newer, dosent mean its going to last long. i know there have abeen a few predictions that the newer cars arent going to last as long as the 80's ones. my car is 16 years old, and could prolly chew you up on the strip, do you think your car will be able to run that good when it is 16 years old. ok so you new car has a warinty. what do you do when the warinty is gone, and you just dumped a whole lot of money into moding it. you could buy a newer car, but then you are loosing a lot of money. and have to start from scratch again. the problem with the new cars is that they are using lighter weight material that isnt as strong. also the new engins are based off the nascar engins. yeah they have a lot of power at first, and have a high rpm, but they dont last long at all. they are always having to replace engins. one of the reasons why it is like that is because the stroke of the piston in the block is veary short. so when you take it to the higher rpm's there is a lot more movement which in turn creats more friction, which creats heat. hot spots are not a good thing. it causes things to bend and brake. so have fun with your newer cars now, cause chances are there going to be a real bitch in the future. like when they are 16 years old