REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 03-20-2004, 06:38 PM   #4601
Okanagan Mod Team

Long posts should be broken into paragraphs....so people actually read them
Advertisement

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:56 PM   #4602
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i dont even read the posts. i look at who the poster was and keep moving.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #4603
Banned for being an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
We're not telling you this because we don't like your car, we are simply trying to help you. Your car is eventually going to break down to the point that it is useless(all cars do)...and being an older car, yours is likely to break down sooner than a newer car. All we're saying is that when it does happen, you will really be kicking yourself for dumping $11,000 into it when you could have just bought a newer, more reliable car. For all I care, you can dump $100,000 into your car. We are only trying to help. As for the suggestions on mods...they are just that...suggestions. Feel free to do whatever you want. If you don't want our opinions, then why did you even join the site?
Oh, and for the record, I have never used or recommended pioneer products.
I have to disagree, if i drove my car like the rest of you drive your cars it would be 110% every bit as reliable and break-down-less as your cars are. My car is a 1986 one of the older imports on this site and i can tell you right now, i can drive my car just as hard as any of you, for the same amount of time and it will be just as reliable. people will always have their reasons for doing certain things, thats their preferences, please don't question their preferebces because thats just asking for a fight
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:14 PM   #4604
Need to Seek Professional Help

Fuck this is a good thread to read while at work fags!
skinneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #4605
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Any of you car fellas know a site which is a home made CAI intake site by chance? I've looked around a bit here and at h-t, but didn't find nothing. Google's given nothing but advertisments.

Just wondering, thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:21 PM   #4606
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by clutch302
what about an 89 mustang, camaro, firebird, corvet, bronco, low rider truck, supra or rx7. there are lot you can do to an 89 car or truck. i know 87-93 mustangs that are sold for around 13,000.
Sorry, I didn't make my point clear... I meant '89 cars that aren't worth anyway to start with (like Camry's) shouldn't have $11g's put into them.

mustangs, corvettes, supras, rx7s are a different situation.

Last edited by Gunn; 03-20-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:50 PM   #4607
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
Or... if all you want to do is be original, buy a Tempo, paint it pink and draw huge dicks all over the car. I guarantee you no one will be like you, and you'd definitely be showing your individuality.
Man, that's money. New sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #4608

Quote:
Originally posted by skinneh
Fuck this is a good thread to read while at work fags!
Who are you?! lol i cant seem to figure out why you're on my buddy list... did u have another nick b4? and if so what was it?
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:56 PM   #4609

Quote:
Man, that's money. New sig.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:26 PM   #4610
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Putting 12,000 into an '89 car (and one that has a very low value anyways) is not the smartest thing to do. Like RedCeli said, it's an older car and isn't going to last as long as a newer car or hold it's value as well.
No because you are wrong here my car holds it's value at 16yrs old its worth $4500 US in the blue book, and $5500 in the Canadian Black Book(think thats what it's called). Now seeing as i bought the car for $4000 i think i did pretty damn good.

As for breaking down LOL HAHAHAHAH ROFL LMFAO.......NO and here's why that car was owned by an old couple prior to me they changed the oil every 5000 km and never drove it hard in 16 yrs they only put 175000km on that car. Since i've had it i change the oil just as regularly and when i last had the block inspected they said it looked new not to mention the fact that anyone can tell you Toyota engine will run till they hit around 600000km a poitn at which all your cars wil be either a) sold, b) in some wreck, c) being used as parts, d) got boring so you bought a diff car.

Quote:
We're not telling you this because we don't like your car, we are simply trying to help you. Your car is eventually going to break down to the point that it is useless(all cars do)...and being an older car, yours is likely to break down sooner than a newer car. All we're saying is that when it does happen, you will really be kicking yourself for dumping $11,000 into it when you could have just bought a newer, more reliable car. For all I care, you can dump $100,000 into your car. We are only trying to help. As for the suggestions on mods...they are just that...suggestions. Feel free to do whatever you want. If you don't want our opinions, then why did you even join the site?
Oh, and for the record, I have never used or recommended pioneer products.
Because your opinions only seem to favor new popular cars nothing unique or unheard of. As for reliable yeah dountful there Troy my car will be going long after you bend the rims and bottom out that car of yours, i've said it before i'll say it again don't insult a mans car i don't car who you are it just ain't cool.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't make my point clear... I meant '89 cars that aren't worth anyway to start with (like Camry's) shouldn't have $11g's put into them.

mustangs, corvettes, supras, rx7s are a different situation.
Why is my car not worth it Gunn? Because you said so? That's a pretty dumb reason. Now this is the last time im gonna say it I like what i like and you like what you like i don't rightly care if you like my car or not but don't say it's not worth the time or money to mod. If you ask me i would say Probes are a POS car made by a POS company but i never tell you your car isn't worth it because you know why? You like your car and you are happy with it and that's cool man, power to you just don't dump on others peoples rides is all i'm saying and that goes out to alot of peeps on here, you know who you are cause you have done nothing but dump on my car since day one and i haven't said anythign about your cars. Now lets move on to the next useless piece of crud in this thread shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumvette View Post
Why do women fake orgasms??

They think we care, hahahhahahaha
ToyotaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 10:35 PM   #4611

heres a thought:
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:05 PM   #4612
I don't get it

Quote:
Putting 12,000 into an '89 car (and one that has a very low value anyways) is not the smartest thing to do. Like RedCeli said, it's an older car and isn't going to last as long as a newer car or hold it's value as well.
Now, I wouldn't spend money modding a Camry either *BUT* just b/c a car is older doesn't mean it won't hold its value as well. Some quick numbers @ kbb.com revealed that an 89 Camry (4-cyl LE) only rated a value of $350 less than a 94 Probe GT.

Camry's are strong cars that are reliable AND hold their value. My parents have an 86 with well over 300k km on it and its still running well (w/o any major work having been done).
Teraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:38 PM   #4613

Is that tough man competition still going on? I seriously would love to go one on one with you t-dub.

fuck you piss me off... oh well, i'll get to see you next weekend......
Old 03-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #4614
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Festus351
heres a thought:
i know i sure don't
Old 03-21-2004, 12:35 AM   #4615
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

he's probably too pussy to come next weekend
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:55 AM   #4616
Larger Than Life Mod

Festus: Skinneh = NiwTobrut = Travis

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 04:20 AM   #4617
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Is that tough man competition still going on? I seriously would love to go one on one with you t-dub.

fuck you piss me off... oh well, i'll get to see you next weekend......
get a fucking life man. you are the biggest tool ever for that post, i just lost a lot of respect for you. like all the other k-town guys said before when rexm called out jayme, its the fucking internet. dont get worked up over it. he never even did anything wrong, he was sticking up for his car when you were putting it down. you were proven wrong and no one agreed with your opnions. SUCK IT UP AND LIVE WITH IT!!! be a man and admit you were wrong, and go on with your life. its not a big deal. dont try and get things physical cause of it.

and as a friend of his, i strongly recomend that he will be physicaly left alone, and unharmed. and so do a whole lot of other ppl. and ill just leave it at that.

fuck i was looking forward to going to this meet, but now im glad im not going cause you and canadian rider are starting to make it look like a big joke. ppl are taking time off work, and going to a lot of trouble for that meet. grow up, and dont make it a fudge fest. try having a good time instead. who knows, you may like the guy in person.

anyway, im off to sask. i hope that EVERYONE who goes has a good time. ill talk to you all in a week or so.
clutch5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:22 AM   #4618
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by Danch
Any of you car fellas know a site which is a home made CAI intake site by chance? I've looked around a bit here and at h-t, but didn't find nothing. Google's given nothing but advertisments.
most homemade CAIs end up losing power. what you need is a nice Comptech Icebox (but just the icebox cuz stock intake tubing = stealth).

however, team-integra has a homemade CAI article.
hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #4619
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaWolf
not to mention the fact that anyone can tell you Toyota engine will run till they hit around 600000km
so will most Hondas

you tout Toyotas as reliable but then say it'll outlast RedCeli's car. RedCeli drives a Toyota. no, i'm not making a point... just ironic is all.
hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #4620
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
he's probably too pussy to come next weekend
Uh no not really already got the time booked off and everything like Colt said so i'll be there and that is just a statement of fact about me being there and that is all.

Quote:
Originally posted by hampton
so will most Hondas

you tout Toyotas as reliable but then say it'll outlast RedCeli's car. RedCeli drives a Toyota. no, i'm not making a point... just ironic is all.
Yeah....lol...I realized that too hampton i was just waiting till someone pointed it out lol also i was kind of saying that with his being a newer care and stuff if he drives it hard it may not last as long the body that is for sure i mean hell mines made of steel(which is good and sucks at the same time). I was just hoping no one would notice the slip up hehe you got me hampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumvette View Post
Why do women fake orgasms??

They think we care, hahahhahahaha
ToyotaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #4621
Okanagan Mod Team

calm down the flaming please everyone.

Points issued.

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:06 AM   #4622

Quote:
Originally posted by Festus351
Who are you?! lol i cant seem to figure out why you're on my buddy list... did u have another nick b4? and if so what was it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Festus: Skinneh = NiwTobrut = Travis
told ya!!
Old 03-21-2004, 10:10 AM   #4623

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaWolf
Uh no not really already got the time booked off and everything like Colt said so i'll be there and that is just a statement of fact about me being there and that is all.
good, that was just my "nice" way of making sure you're still coming
Old 03-21-2004, 12:39 PM   #4624

Quote:
Originally posted by clutch302
i just lost a lot of respect for you.
Having respect from a guy like you means absolutely nothing to me.

Anyways... moving on.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #4625

like all you guys won't be making out in the back corner of the parking lot anyways..

so be nice.

jamie is offline   Reply With Quote