REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #5726
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

what you want male? female? full band? twangy country? horse shit gun powder country? i lost my dog and my girl got ran over by a car country? need to be more specific.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumvette View Post
Why do women fake orgasms??

They think we care, hahahhahahaha
ToyotaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #5727
OK Head Mod

derek.. i was just meaning it as a joke, as we all have missed the icy hot stunnaz lol
Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #5728
My homepage has been set to RS

trucks kick ass. if only they could handle like a car. and spinners are the shit. saw a dude with 26 inch spinners a while ago. couldent halp but stare.
clutch5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:25 PM   #5729
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaWolf
what you want male? female? full band? twangy country? horse shit gun powder country? i lost my dog and my girl got ran over by a car country? need to be more specific.

dude any country.. except maybe not female ... but other then that it's all good... i need some good "pumping up" country too... like party stuff... but like i said anything's all good
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:13 PM   #5730
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
dude any country.. except maybe not female ... but other then that it's all good... i need some good "pumping up" country too... like party stuff... but like i said anything's all good
Perfect circle and deftones are THE BEST COUNTRY bands ever..
skinneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #5731
Okanagan Mod Team

I just threw Drinkin bone, When the sun goes down, cuz the chicks dig it, and redneck woman on a cd so far

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 AM   #5732
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderKat
i would never bother with canadian idol....its a trailer park version if you ask me....
what is "trailer park" about canadian idol?

canadian idol is a smaller market and of course you will receive much less exposure than you would on american idol and i believe everyone who auditioned knew this. many see canadian idol as a stepping stone to something bigger. its just one of the many ways to get to a goal in the music business whatever that may be. to belittle the show, belittles over 100,000 people who waited in line including those who know a canadian idol career won't amount to much on its own on the grand scale of the music industry. when you say trailer park version, most people will equate that to be something of low-class, low-income, low-taste, low-intelligence, and un-educated.

if canadian idol is a trailer park version of american idol, the people who watch and the people who try out could also be equated with this trailer park term. that would include WSODgirlracer and myself (i went to keep her company). when it comes to WSODgirlracer, there is nothing about her that would make her "trailer park" nor have i met anyone who has called her that or any terms derived from it. she is one of the most beautiful, kind, focused, intellegent, classy, fashion-sensed, compassionate people i have ever had the pleasure of knowing - trailer park indeed. she even balled her eyes out when i killed a large owl after it struck the windshield of our rental car on the way home from the auditions. 140kph Grand Am vs possibly-endangered owl - GO Pontiac. anyway, to get away from that and back to the trailer park term, I have been known for a lack of taste because of my penchant for tasteless humour call me whatever you want i don't care, but i will say something when a negative reference can insinuate something negative in someone like WSODgirlracer that i know should not be done.

you might not have intended for the comment to insult other members of RS, participants of idol, or its viewers, and thats fine. a more careful choice of words for next time i suggest if thats the case. i don't even watch or agree with certain aspects of the show myself, but i know someone who planned a whole trip to vancouver, waited 13 hours in line for an audition, met serveral nice people, got to be on national television, and shouldn't be expecting negative comments from somone she's never met nor has ever auditioned for the show.

if you were considering american idol because its not a trailer park version, i hope you have US citizenship ready or else you will be turned away at the doors.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:38 AM   #5733
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupunkt69
[B]what is "trailer park"

when i killed a large owl after it struck the windshield of our rental car on the way home from the auditions. 140kph Grand Am vs possibly-endangered owl - GO Pontiac. B]
While we are on the topic of trailer park and country music, Did you eat it?
PRE-LUDACRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM   #5734
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

wow, someone's hardcore about canadian idol.

I don't think it's that bad... it's a stepping stone, if anything. Trying out and making the show is definitely better than not going out at all... but in comparisons to American Idol, the show is like comparing a multi-million dollar mansion to a trailer park.

Anyone ever heard of Ryan Malcolm? Yeah, didn't think so.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 AM   #5735
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn

I don't think it's that bad... it's a stepping stone, if anything. Trying out and making the show is definitely better than not going out at all... but in comparisons to American Idol, the show is like comparing a multi-million dollar mansion to a trailer park.

Anyone ever heard of Ryan Malcolm? Yeah, didn't think so.
Is he the guy that won Canadian Idol last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumvette View Post
Why do women fake orgasms??

They think we care, hahahhahahaha
ToyotaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:48 AM   #5736
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I went to school with a Ryan Malcolm. I think so, could be wrong.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #5737
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
i think it's more that your gf offended his gf

but yea i agree with you that canadian idol is a stepping stone and just that... it is a lot harder to get publicity in canada because well... we're in canada.. but as for a guy like ryan malcom im guessing he will get reconized sooner or later by america and his career should take off..... though it is 8:50am and im totally just rambling so im just gunna go back to dozing off in class now

Last edited by Canadian Rider; 04-28-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:07 AM   #5738
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Is he the guy that won Canadian Idol last year?
Yeah, he was.

BTW, Blaupunkt... how did your girlfriend do?
Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 AM   #5739
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
though it is 8:50am and im totally just rambling so im just gunna go back to dozing off in class now
Is that GD&T? hows that going? Is the welding course fun?

Last edited by bigs_Teg; 04-28-2004 at 10:53 AM.
bigs_Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #5740
RS controls my life!

Honestly Blaupunkt...you must have issues...cause what i believe i said...was its a trailer park version....meaning THE SHOW...not the people...or the singers...or the talents..blah blah blah...
Your friend may be a great person..funny...cute...have fashion cents...good for her...still doesn't mean the show isn't trailer park...you even said "i don't even watch or agree with certain aspects of the show myself"

*whisper* and next time...if you're going to defend something... don't agree with other person!

Last edited by ThunderKat; 04-28-2004 at 10:56 AM.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #5741
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupunkt69
what is "trailer park" about canadian idol?

canadian idol is a smaller market and of course you will receive much less exposure than you would on american idol and i believe everyone who auditioned knew this. many see canadian idol as a stepping stone to something bigger. its just one of the many ways to get to a goal in the music business whatever that may be. to belittle the show, belittles over 100,000 people who waited in line including those who know a canadian idol career won't amount to much on its own on the grand scale of the music industry. when you say trailer park version, most people will equate that to be something of low-class, low-income, low-taste, low-intelligence, and un-educated.

if canadian idol is a trailer park version of american idol, the people who watch and the people who try out could also be equated with this trailer park term. that would include WSODgirlracer and myself (i went to keep her company). when it comes to WSODgirlracer, there is nothing about her that would make her "trailer park" nor have i met anyone who has called her that or any terms derived from it. she is one of the most beautiful, kind, focused, intellegent, classy, fashion-sensed, compassionate people i have ever had the pleasure of knowing - trailer park indeed. she even balled her eyes out when i killed a large owl after it struck the windshield of our rental car on the way home from the auditions. 140kph Grand Am vs possibly-endangered owl - GO Pontiac. anyway, to get away from that and back to the trailer park term, I have been known for a lack of taste because of my penchant for tasteless humour call me whatever you want i don't care, but i will say something when a negative reference can insinuate something negative in someone like WSODgirlracer that i know should not be done.

you might not have intended for the comment to insult other members of RS, participants of idol, or its viewers, and thats fine. a more careful choice of words for next time i suggest if thats the case. i don't even watch or agree with certain aspects of the show myself, but i know someone who planned a whole trip to vancouver, waited 13 hours in line for an audition, met serveral nice people, got to be on national television, and shouldn't be expecting negative comments from somone she's never met nor has ever auditioned for the show.

if you were considering american idol because its not a trailer park version, i hope you have US citizenship ready or else you will be turned away at the doors.
Canadian Idol is gay....... I hope all that at least got you laid though.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:54 AM   #5742
RS controls my life!

umm, i think considering i was the one who auditioned i should respond to this, no, i did not get through to get that out of the way but it was alot of fun and there were alot of really great people there that we met. I just want to say that i did read that comment prior to my bf reading it and thought very little of it because i knew that despite her opinion I was the one who had the balls to try out and I was the one who experienced the show firsthand therefore i knew her comment had very little merit other than the fact that it was her opinion which she is entitled to. In other words, i didn't take it seriously. But, I just think everyone should keep in mind that a revscene member who reads this board tried out, which takes alot of guts to do, and i expected considering i have been very respectful to other people on this board that the comments would have been slightly more tasteful, i understand everyone has their own opinion and that the comments weren't directly focused on me as a person, but i would have hoped that the comments that were made that were negative could have been more considerate, because obviously i thought enough of the show to try to get on it. That's just my opinion which i thought needed to be said considering the conflict, but i don't take these comments totally to heart, and i hope that this conflict can now be resolved.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
WSODgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #5743
Okanagan Mod Team

yeah. so.....Clay Aiken Eh

Old 04-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #5744
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
post up some new country songs all you hicks... i need a new cd
redneck woman is sweet, brooks and dunn- my lil miss honky tonk, red dirt road, toby kieth- whiskey girl, tracy byrd- truth about men, im from the country, o and for old times sake, u should throw in sum aint going down and tearin it up by garth

Quote:
go fuck urself with a rusty nail, please

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
I just threw Drinkin bone, When the sun goes down, cuz the chicks dig it, and redneck woman on a cd so far
good tunes stew

and good luck to all the canadian idol contestants, my cousins in that, hope she does good

Last edited by big_sexy_chevy; 04-28-2004 at 03:07 PM.
big_sexy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #5745
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by hampton
is he really banned, or were you just gracing us with another picture? i think the "theoden son of thengel thinks this thread fucking sucks" was still the funniest.

1996 Probe GT: Boosted JSpec money pit
1982 Seca 750: Cheap as hell, fast as $%#@
1977 Rabbit: Lawn ornament

Quote:
turbo pr-owned
TurboProbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:58 AM   #5746
My homepage has been set to RS

whats with you and cat pics?
clutch5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM   #5747
I bringith the lowerballerith

1996 Probe GT: Boosted JSpec money pit
1982 Seca 750: Cheap as hell, fast as $%#@
1977 Rabbit: Lawn ornament

Quote:
turbo pr-owned
TurboProbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:33 AM   #5748
Okanagan Mod Team

Heh, TurboProbe Pics are hilarious.

So Hung........and i have to go mow the bloody lawn.

Big, calm down, points issued.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #5749
Jen
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

What the hell was goin on at the Max last night? The lineup was ridiculous... and it wasn't even moving. The VIP lineup was even long, so we just left... that was insanity. Ended up going to Rivers, that place is... weird. Although Red Bull + Jager shots 0wn3d me and this hangover I'm going to work with.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #5750
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Red Bull and Jager shots own...

and im gone tomorrow....off to Van to get me an ejucasien