REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 12-19-2004, 01:29 AM   #8701
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
Wow. Gay site. If they don't want to work, quit. That's life. That's also why they get stat pay. And damn the greedy mall for trying to earn a profit. They must think we live in a capitalist society.
I'm sorry, you must have mistaken us for people who can just quit their jobs on a whim. Mall retailers typically pay shit and we're all struggling to pay bills. THAT's life.

Stat pay? I won't get paid stat. My company pays wage/overtime OR commission.
Advertisement
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #8702
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by netfreak
www.orchardparkmallsucks.com
wow.. i think u need to get out of the domain name buying, there really is no point for some of them
Old 12-19-2004, 01:43 AM   #8703
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by netfreak
Mall retailers typically pay shit and we're all struggling to pay bills.
Then you should be happy for the extra hours. I don't understand people that complain about having to work and then complain about being broke in the next breath. If the job is so horrible, find something else. I've worked many holidays and yes, it does suck... but THAT'S LIFE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:05 AM   #8704
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

i agree with red celi.

IF you have a full time job, and are scraping to get by. than its your OWN DAMN FAULT. thats right. YOU OWN DAMN FAULT.

it all depends on your life style. buying useless shit you dont need, driving a car you cant afford. having credit cards and loans comming out of your ass.

and the biggest and most retard thing i see young people doing is moving out of there house as soon as they graduate. on average fresh outa high school you make say $8-10/hr.. if you work full time that needs you say $1000 - $1200 or so a month. and now you have to pay rent, and that shit aint cheap.

i am a decent example. i make shit for money, i just got a raise and i make 8.55/hr... on average i take home $500 a cheque. thats ONLY $1000 a month. ontop of that i have a loan i am paying off, $400 a month. a $450 bill on damages on a bike i crashed, a $1000 engagement ring not to mention all the mantenance required on a bike.

and i still have alot of money left to my name, its all about how you manage your money. i dont waste my money drinking, if i drank every weekend.. thats 80-100$ gone for nothing.. if i had a cell phone, which 1 in 3 people do. thats 30-50$ if not more gone. etc etc.

you make and create you own wealth and destiny. unless your parents kicked your ass and shuved drugs down your throat and were kicked onto the street. you got nothing to complain about
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:10 AM   #8705

i almost forgot. and goto school if you wanna become anybody. unless you are very intelligent and intelectual, which is about as common as pigeon shitting on your head. your going to get stuck with a shitty job, with shitty pay, and shitt benefits.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:16 AM   #8706

fuck, speaking of shit pay. dont get me started on shitty pay. when i was in the army i got paid $70 a day.. and i worked, minimum 18hrs a day. that works out to under $4/hr. and beleive me, i never had so much money in my life because i was to damn tired to buy anything
Old 12-19-2004, 02:18 AM   #8707
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

jon you post too much
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #8708
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyTheBandit
fuck, speaking of shit pay. dont get me started on shitty pay. when i was in the army i got paid $70 a day.. and i worked, minimum 18hrs a day. that works out to under $4/hr. and beleive me, i never had so much money in my life because i was to damn tired to buy anything
You need to remember dirt cheap mess fees, and cheap living fees unless you decided to live off base.

In the end you profit more than a civilian would.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #8709
RS controls my life!

my dad told me to join the army, lol, no joke. And if you have a college education, you get a higher rank immediately and decent pay as far as i know. I considered it, was thinking about being a nurse on base, then we went to war, lol.

and just to put my 2cents in, i save and work for 4 months out of the school year, so i am jobless for 10 months, yet, because of incredible money management skills, i have more money in the bank than most people i know......and as far as complaining about min. wage jobs, it's called pay equity, you are being payed based on the work you do and the skills and education it takes to do that job, there is no way that someone working in the service/retail industry should be payed anymore than min wage, and i've worked service since i was 14.$8 is quite a bit for min. wage, considering some provinces are still only paying $5...anyways, many people survive off of wages like that (ie. students), it's money management skills.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it

Last edited by WSODgirlracer; 12-19-2004 at 12:43 PM.
WSODgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #8710
My homepage has been set to RS

on a lighter note, i poked a big whole in my fingertip while removing uber-tight cap on the gearbox of the YZ.. bled lots. cool.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #8711

Quote:
Originally posted by WSODgirlracer
my dad told me to join the army, lol, no joke. And if you have a college education, you get a higher rank immediately and decent pay as far as i know. I considered it, was thinking about being a nurse on base, then we went to war, lol.

Depends what you've done in school/civilian experience and what your job would entail.

I've considered it..... Know tonnes of people in and know a few recruiters. All in all I think I'll just join the malitia.

Last edited by honduhman; 12-19-2004 at 06:26 PM.
honduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #8712

in the army. if you can join as an officer, but you have to be enrolled in a degree program. you start like 5 or so rank higher.

the one great thing about the army is the benefits. practically full coverage on anything and everything. plus they help pay for school
Old 12-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #8713
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
hahaha can you see tasha carrying a 120lb ruck sack doing pushups
Old 12-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #8714

thats why you dont see very many girls in training with the army. there were a few girls, and they were definatly not your regular girl.

nonetheless, they ALWAYS slowed us down. and we had to pay for it. they took there sweet time getting ready in the morning, and it was us outside in the pushup position on a nice winter morning at 5:30 am.

and as lame as it is.. they actually go alot easier on the girls in the beginning, its just retarded. they get special treatment because they cant do the job a guy can
Old 12-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #8715
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

lol. i bet my gf would own you in anything endurance related. she qualified for the para course through army cadets. as far as i know the standards are the same as in the reg force. not all women are useless winers. but ill agree with them all being slow and having to wait out in the cold forever to go do pt
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:20 PM   #8716

there is always exceptions, and that goes for guys to. some of the girls owned the guys physically.. im generalizing here.

when i was in training, i was in the best shape ever. beat me in endurance. id have to say fuck that. i could run between 8- 9 mph pace and hold that for 1hr at least.. not to mention i could pullup over 100 lbs + my body weight.

i know in basic training.. they go easier on the girls, but slowly they face the same yelling and shit etc.

i'll never forget the day i forgot to put my helmet away and i couldnt find it.... uh oh
Old 12-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #8717

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyTheBandit

i'll never forget the day i forgot to put my helmet away and i couldnt find it.... uh oh

$400 later
Old 12-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #8718
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by honduhman
$400 later
pwned
one man one kit
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 PM   #8719

Good thread. Keep up the good work!

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #8720

yeah no shit, the most expensive part of your kit. but somehow i forgot it and left my helmet by my bunk or in my locker. but it wasnt locked.. and when we are gone doing our training, they ran sacked our rooms. the flipped over the lockers, beds everything. and whatever fell out or wasnt secured, they took.

so when we got back it was like "wtf happend".. after about 16 hrs, you want to relax.. but your bunk is rolled over onto your locker and all your shit is everywhere.. and i when everything was back together it was like... "uh, anyone seen my helmet".. shit, they took it *gulp*

so i had to go down 1/2 between the 2 sections where the officers and mc's are and knock on there door.. and lucky me, i had a chat with the nastiest one lol

it wasnt as bad as the guy who lost one of his magazines lol
Old 12-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #8721

Few random pics. Here is a few hrs in and me finally getting fed up with this damn car.
Overall shot.

The engine that wont come out. I finally split the engine from the tranny, have all 3 motor mounts off and there is still something holding the tranny on at the back of the engine. Looks like a motor-mount is in the way.

The hole in #1 piston

And the parts motor.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #8722

and on Saturday afternoon, the bike managed to get stuck for about 20mins in some soft mud

Old 12-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #8723

that pic reminds me.. i've been thinking about ripping my camaro apart and building it up from the ground up. learn everything along the way.. do all the body work, re carpet, re do everything.. re paint it etc

trouble is.. i really dont know where i could do such a thing.. the garage is full with a boat and bikes..
hmmmmm

Last edited by SmokeyTheBandit; 12-19-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #8724
My homepage has been set to RS

where do you usually go riding adam?
i got out today for a little bit and it was really nice up in the hills here.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #8725

I quite like Shannon lake. Lots of good hills and you almost never take the same trail twice.

But where I am, I just get on the bike and ride up Bell mtn, and out in the new golf course. There is constant construction there and alot of property to rip on. Its mostly mud which is what I like. Than there is a section in the shade which is all snow... great fun to rip on. But yea... mud.... I fucking love it except when I get stuck.

On sat the bike was firmly stuck. Mud just over the top of the rear sprocket. I ended up redlining the engine and dropping the clutch... all it did was stall

edit: Black mountain and area. Bell mtn which is located at the top of toovey, to black mtn(towers) out down gallaghers rd to the pits, and anywhere in-between. Street riding I go out to McCullah station pub and sometimes take a rip down the greenway.

Last edited by girlcrazy_4; 12-19-2004 at 10:22 PM.