REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:43 AM   #9976
Banned for being an idiot

Here is the Merritt track... i got what i could in the shot from last year.

Advertisement
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:45 AM   #9977
OK Head Mod

i've got a video clip of the merritt track if anyone has a host for me to upload it to
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 AM   #9978
Rs has made me the man i am today!

https://upload.video.google.com/

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:22 AM   #9979
Banned (BBM)

that's awesome...they had ONE parking lot auto-x venue here (right next to the cop shop) and the fucking ignorant ppl of this city complained about it so they shut it down. Because hey...why have ppl get the adrenaline rush and the want to push themselves and their cars to their limits out of their system in a safe, controled, sanctioned event under the eyes of local police when you can just shut it down and make them do the same thing on the streets in traffic...makes PERFECT sense....

Anyways... what city is the Grand 10 in? And how far is Merrit from Kamloops?
2.5FearFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #9980

merritt is real close to kamloops... only an hour i believe! you should definately come and race the s10.. not like it has'nt been done before
Old 04-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #9981

Also the grand 10 is in kelowna. That happens once a week, the other ones happen a little less often.

www.autocrossracer.com for info.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #9982
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
merritt is real close to kamloops... only an hour i believe! you should definately come and race the s10.. not like it has'nt been done before
haha thanks should be fun...the S10 ain't gonna be taking home any trophies, but it's a blast nonetheless how much do they usually cost? Definitely gonna hit those venues up Gonna go check out that link now

EDIT: saw that it's 30 bucks unless you have a CCCC membership...what's that?

Last edited by 2.5FearFactory; 04-29-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #9983

you can buy a membership at the beginning that covers your ass in terms of race insurance and all that. They give you a break on your race fee's if you do have the membership, otherwise you have to pay for race insurance each time you participate. it's only a little cheaper if you but it at the beginning. if your not going to race every event i would'nt buy the membership. And honestly you may do not that bad, if your a good driver and the truck handles well no reason why you could'nt
Old 04-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #9984
Banned (BBM)

I'll probably come out to a couple of events The truck handles decently (though there's no performance suspension for these things...still wanna get a few things...matching shocks and a thicker front sway bar), and I'm a decent driver (no Schumacher here, but I'm not horrible). the only thing I'm REALLY lacking is experience. Due to being chronically broke I've only ever raced in ONE auto-x event. Done a ton of twisties and stuff, but it's just not the same....hopefully if I can save up some $$$ I can get some more auto-x time under my belt...I loved every second of it when I did it last year
Old 04-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #9985

well come on out to ours... the most welcoming people you will ever meet! the guys with the corvette club are awesome. don't drink do drugs on site and don't drive like an asshole in and around the pits... you will be FINE... i'm stoked to see you out!
Old 04-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #9986
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by WSODgirlracer
[B] got a violation ticket question, went to the rcmp forum and it was confusing and intimidating, lol, so i'm asking it here. My brother got a ticket, and in the shaded area this is what is NOT filled in:
-did not circle whether he was female or male, lol
-did not put in the expiry date of his licence
-did not put in his postal code
[B]
Shitty. I got pulled over just outside Little Fort coming back on the Yellowhead from Edmonton for doing 117km/h in a 100 zone. I just batted my eyelashes at the cop and said "I'm sorry officer, I'm just trying to get home because I work at 5 a.m." (this was at 8p.m.) He came back to the car after review my license & registration, and said "this is a warning, make sure you don't speed I want u to get home safely" and sent me on my way His partner got out of the car as well and was looking inside the passenger side door, but luckily he didn't see my pipe sitting inside the front dash console that mike had stuck in there, or mike's new bong he got from the pipe shop in west ed that was sitting on the floor in front of his feet, lol.
Quote:
Originally posted by 2.5FearFactory
And how far is Merrit from Kamloops?
Merritt is 45 mins if doing the speed limit. When WSODgirlracer, Blaupuntk, zx3freeq and I went to van I think they did it in like 20 mins (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:33 PM   #9987
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
well come on out to ours... the most welcoming people you will ever meet! the guys with the corvette club are awesome. don't drink do drugs on site and don't drive like an asshole in and around the pits... you will be FINE... i'm stoked to see you out!
thanks dude you guys are making this move sooooo much easier Nice to hear the Vette club is nice...the one here is kinda snotty lol...there are some nice guys but by and large they have a better-than-thou attitude. I'd love to come out...and don't worry...I"ll behave can't wait to meet you in person check out the random pics thread...I"ll throw up some pics of my truck at auto-x
Old 04-30-2005, 08:59 AM   #9988
Banned (BBM)

w00t!!!! My g/f's dad is buying her an '88 Civic 4dr. automatic...'cuz she had some major shoulder injury and can't drive the '88 VW Fox 4speed she has right now (my old car). We're giving her dad the Fox in exchange for the Civic. She only needs a car for her job in the summer and she'll probably sell it in the fall. sooooo....I'm buying it. And since she bought the Fox off of me for 1500 I'm giving her 1500 for the Civic Not bad considering it apparently has UNDER 120 000 kms on it I'll have a winter beater/new project
Old 04-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #9989
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

drunk as fuck and shit, crack and shit man... this is downhilldog btw... wahooo stoked to see all you boys on the 7th... drunk doiost in effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:24 PM   #9990
Banned (BBM)

boo...the Civic turns out to be an '87...so it's not an EF...D15A1 motor definitely dropping my plans of tossing a B or a D-VTEC motor in it...oh well....the thing is in gorgeous shape, though...106 000 kms my g/f and I might share it...she'll have it in the summer and I"ll have it in the winter oh...manual choke and manual valve body auto trans...what a dumb car
Old 05-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #9991
Okanagan Mod Team

Well 3 of the trucks that came camping with us, we had to randomly leave in the forest cuz they were so stuck.

All that matters to me is that i sleep in tomorrow

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #9992
Banned (BBM)

I don't start my new job at 8am....*sigh* gonna be my first job that I'm not excited about...but the money should be decent
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #9993

wtf man I did not write that shit above... or at least i really don't remember. Man I really do need to drink less.

Autocross today was a huge success! I did not expect to do so well at all on my bone stock car. if only i did'nt take out that end cone the teggy would have been 2nd fastest in stock. 90 teg gs, lots of km's and completely stock. Bringing the true meaning to stock class!!!! woop
Old 05-02-2005, 06:26 AM   #9994
Banned (BBM)

congrats dude...that's awesome

ugh...off to work I go....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:33 AM   #9995
Need to Seek Professional Help

awesome job craig, your my hero! hehe, any sweet pics?
bmwwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #9996

lawren has pics, when he sends them to me i will upoload and post. And i'm sorry guys i just remembered that on my fastest run i did touch the end cone in the stop box. so that automatically dropped my time by 5 seconds. I would have had 2nd fastest if that would'nt have happened. Good times anyways.. next time more sleep the night before, i woke up sunday morning still drunk lol
Old 05-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #9997
Need to Seek Professional Help

hahaha i thought you said you werent gunna drink! cant say no to alcohol, sounds like me...
bmwwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #9998
Larger Than Life Mod

Shiiiiit, congratulations everybody.

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #9999
Larger Than Life Mod

It's time

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #10000