REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #11501
Banned (BBM)

fucking horseshit...TRU might go on strike in support of the fucking teachers....I worked my ASS off to get into school...costing me about 30 bucks a day...for some fucktards to walk off work. I agree w/ what they're trying to do, but life is tough...suck it up, don't take it out on me...I paid for my school so fucking let me go!!!
Advertisement
2.5FearFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #11502
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2.5FearFactory
fucking horseshit...TRU might go on strike in support of the fucking teachers....I worked my ASS off to get into school...costing me about 30 bucks a day...for some fucktards to walk off work. I agree w/ what they're trying to do, but life is tough...suck it up, don't take it out on me...I paid for my school so fucking let me go!!!
Woah Honest to god I think this is the first of your almost 20,000 annoying posts that I have ever seen you not put a smiley in. You must really be pissed.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #11503
Larger Than Life Mod

so yeah, went to upload all the shots I took at the car show (including one of my in a brand new 350Z convertable), middle of the upload, my laptop dies, lost all the pictures . I was not pleased.

Here's the website to the show: http://carsguide.news.com.au/aims/

edit: got distracted and never finished...

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer

Last edited by Big Daddy; 10-18-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #11504
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennings
Woah Honest to god I think this is the first of your almost 20,000 annoying posts that I have ever seen you not put a smiley in. You must really be pissed.
sorry...didn't know all 18 000 posts of mine were annoying...don't mean them to be annoying...I'm just usually happy....

yeah I'm pissed off...I"ve sacrificed so much to get to where I am. and I'm just having an all-around shitty day...but fuck it all
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #11505
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2.5FearFactory
And it's not even the teachers that are protesting, it's the support workers and the teachers are just not crossing the picket line in support. Our teachers contract comes up in November, so they may strike then as well. I would be interested in looking into contractual law on this issue becuase essentially you are entering into a contract of service when you pay to be educated by an institution and when they do not extend the semester to compensate for the days lost or they do not credit the students for the time lost it is a breach of that contract because they are not providing the service that we are essentially paying for (despite how small that amount may be when divided by the amount paid and the days in the semester)

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
WSODgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #11506
Banned (BBM)

hahahaha that's EXACTLY what I've been working on...I've worked out how much I pay for school per day and I'm getting my money back for days lost....fuck them up the ass I've had it with this shit
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 PM   #11507
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

soo because of my terrible procrastination i cant get into the course i want till next september. talk about wasted time.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #11508
TC-13*

True story. If you ask the university for the money, they may actually give it to you...seeing as they're not paying the profs that don't show up. But if they don't, are you really gonna sue them for the $30 or whatever your loss is? The Candian Taxpayers Federation has filed a class action lawsuit against the BCTF for the costs incurred from the teachers not being in class for the last 2 weeks. That includes daycare, missed work, and that sort of thing. Any parent of a student in the public education system can sign up and be a part of it. They estimated the costs of the illegal strike to be $12.5 million/day and I hope they get every cent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:21 AM   #11509
Banned (BBM)

werd!!! I wholeheartedly support the teachers' cause...HOWEVER....that's no reason to fuck so many innocent people over. I have my classmates bringing their kids to school 'cuz they can't afford daycare...I feel so bad for them. It's stress and expenses no parent needs. Not to mention the bus people who raped everyone up the ass by going on strike at TWO IN THE AFTERNOON...meaning people could get to work/university...but had no way of getting home. I think a more passive approach would have won them more widespread support.

And yeah...I'll sue them for my 30 if I have to....it's a matter of principle. I gave up my life to be here. I moved to a little town in the middle of a desert and left everyone I loved behind so I could study....and they're taking that away from me...I'm not letting that one go without a fight.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:31 AM   #11510
RS controls my life!

$30 may not be much, but what about when this happens when/if they strike in November when their contract comes up? Are we only able to seek compensation because it is an illegal strike/protest or in general when classes are not in because of a strike are we able to be reimbursed? Oh, and the other thing I was wondering was, is it really an unlawful protest/strike if it was an unfairly imposed legislation?

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer

Last edited by WSODgirlracer; 10-19-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #11511
Banned (BBM)

if they go on strike in November it wouldn't be an illegal strike. They do not fall under the same legistlation as K-12 teachers.
Yes...it's STILL illegal for them to strike. They could have challenged the legislation and repealed it and made it legal again. As it stands, it's the law and they are breaking it.

If I was BCTF I would have challenged the legislation BEFORE going on strike (they still haven't) to at least make myself look good that I'm trying to do EVERYTHING I can. Right now they're simply breaking the law.

Which is not to say the law is fair. Because it's not...it's unfair and stupid and Campbell is an asshole...I just don't think the teachers should fuck tens of thousands of people over. The people that are hit hardest are the low-income families who are going broke trying to pay for daycare and the single mothers....it's pathetic.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:32 AM   #11512
Banned (BBM)

on a side note...anyone listen to MSI? A coworker of mine sent this shit to me and goddammit I'm getting addicted to it hahaha....I keep describing it as Marilyn Manson on speed haha...good shit.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #11513
TC-13*

If the government legislates a contract on the university profs like they did the public school teachers, any job action would thereafter be illegal. Even if there is a legal strike, you can sue the university for damages, as that is who you have a contract with. You contract with them for education services and they contract the the profs as their employees.
And yes, even if the legislation is considered unfair, it is still law. It is no different from somebody disagreeing with the illegality of marijuana...they are still bound by the laws.
Quote:
Old 10-19-2005, 06:17 PM   #11514
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My art history prof will be there teaching on thursday...hes awesome.. kind of a space cadet, but he said "its not my strike.. im going to be here.. i cant tell you to come thats your call however class will be in session" .. which is nice since if he wasn't gonna be there we would never finish our 2nd text therefore screwing us for the year
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:29 PM   #11515
Total victory requires total destruction

hey, are the oc or ubco teachers strikeing tomorrow?

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2009 Subaru Forester (Obsidian Black Pearl)
2017 Sierra Elevation Z71 (Dark Slate Metallic)
SaviorSelf_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:41 PM   #11516
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by RMS13
hey, are the oc or ubco teachers strikeing tomorrow?
Various unions in Kamloops, Kelowna, Penticton, and other places are striking in support of the teachers tomorrow. I don't think the university unions are actually taking part, but most profs won't cross the picket lines set up by CUPE (support staff). So it depends on the individual teachers as to whether or not classes will be in session.
Quote:
Old 10-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #11517
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
If the government legislates a contract on the university profs like they did the public school teachers, any job action would thereafter be illegal. Even if there is a legal strike, you can sue the university for damages, as that is who you have a contract with. You contract with them for education services and they contract the the profs as their employees.
And yes, even if the legislation is considered unfair, it is still law. It is no different from somebody disagreeing with the illegality of marijuana...they are still bound by the laws.
Thanx, makes more sense to me now. For whatever reason I was getting the protest (what they're not allowed to do due to the unfairly imposed contract) mixed up with their right to contest certain legislature. Good point by the way Tamas, they didn't make an effort to contest the legislation before taking job action.

Tamas: just to clarify, I have no idea what my source was thinking about saying that their contract would come up in November, because it's been up since April according to my profs, lol. But yes, I knew this action would not be illegal, therefore it would be different, so I was wondering about reimbursement in that situation (thanx for the answer Troy). If you think about it, it's a little silly that the teachers are getting so involved in this protest and not worrying about their own contracts that they still haven't negotiated (point made by my prof tonight). And that worries me more, because if they do go on strike and are on strike for a certain period of time then the course/semester is cancelled and those courses must be repeated the next semester, in that case I would be very interested in a case of breach of contract claiming damages because that would also push my/anyone else's graduation date back.

I'm done my rant now, lol.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #11518
TC-13*

Our teachers aren't directly getting involved in the strike, just respecting the picket lines of other unions. And they must not have any major issues with their current working conditions or pay, or they would likely be striking. And if the semester was lost and graduation was pushed back, you could sue for the tuition as well as any opportunity cost that results(lost wages between expected grad date and actual grad date, etc.)
Quote:
Old 10-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #11519
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i got a speeding ticket tonight. when he came back, he handed me my license, insurance and the ticket, then walked away.... so it didnt get signed by me.

is that a good thing?
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #11520
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

that means nothing unfortunatly
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #11521
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chandler
i got a speeding ticket tonight. when he came back, he handed me my license, insurance and the ticket, then walked away.... so it didnt get signed by me.

is that a good thing?

Nothing.... on the back of his copy is a certificate of service which makes no signature needed.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #11522
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chandler

is that a good thing?
means nothing at all. if it did, nobody would sign it Also, basic misspellings and the sort are no grounds for dispute anymore either
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #11523
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anyone read this thread about Veilside celica?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...51#post3894551

Haha what a shithead, ive seen his car around locally but have never met the guy, anyone know him?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:14 PM   #11524
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by darnold
Anyone read this thread about Veilside celica?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...51#post3894551

Haha what a shithead, ive seen his car around locally but have never met the guy, anyone know him?
theres more in fight club

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=336650

Quote:
"Originally posted by Veilside Celica

harassment while im trying to sell my car, and wish to not have rst's comments to be posted as they r in no way positive to my sell. if no action is taken i will take this responisve to the highest athorities, and take them to court from there, all i want is too sell my car, but if this message of any other insutls that ive recieveed isnt taken care of in the next two days i will have my fathers laywers make sure that this will never happen again and revscene will be terminated for harassment and discrimination towards people who use this web site for personal use to sell their vehical!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not try and take this chance, im sick of this websites horse shit, this is been recieved and is copied under the personal humans acts, im done screwing around, next isnt a verbal warning but an infrigment on revscene itself, and is recorded as an act of infrigment of human right, and as far as im concerned i'm sick of this websites games, now do ur job's, or ill do my jobs and make sure this forum slowly exsists, sorry, but someone has to take a stop to these assholes"

Last edited by RRxtar; 10-19-2005 at 11:16 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #11525
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

pics of his hot ryde anybody? wide body fwds are always gold
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote