REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #12076
Okanagan Mod Team
 
SpooSports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 8,438
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howd u brake it gunner? K.O someone mike style?
Advertisement
__________________
2007 Mitsu Eclipse

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #12077
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 2,761
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
haha nope, took a slapshot to the blocker in hockey last week. man, that shot was a rocket (i'm a goalie). cracked my blocker in half and broke my hand.
__________________
My 1994 Ford Probe GT
Gunn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #12078
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,722 Times in 1,586 Posts
holy shit! where in your hand?
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #12079
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
bmwwheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 1,046
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
damn man, sounds hardcore, you saved the shot rite?
bmwwheelman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 PM   #12080
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
saloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: O.k. Centre
Posts: 692
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
haha nope, took a slapshot to the blocker in hockey last week. man, that shot was a rocket (i'm a goalie). cracked my blocker in half and broke my hand.
Could you imagine if it had hit you in the groin, OMG that would have fing killed. If it was going that fast man you would be picking your balls up of the ice and probaly never having kids!

hope it wasn't your main hand!(i dont mean that in some sick way you pervs,) I broke the thumb on my main hand and that bloody well sucked, couldn't do anything.
__________________
'01 GSR
saloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #12081
I STILL don't get it
 
foxy_DA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 459
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fat bitches want to eat me....
foxy_DA9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:04 PM   #12082
RS Veteran
 
Tchleung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Penticton
Posts: 7,760
Thanked 426 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9
fat bitches want to eat me....
Lol wtf
__________________
Formally Known as G2Teggin

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM   #12083
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: kelowna
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 470 Times in 165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9
fat bitches want to eat me....
ahahahahhaa. its only funny cus its true, and theyd go to mcDonalds afterwards to fill up some more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.
jeffh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #12084
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,374
Thanked 1,590 Times in 483 Posts
random thought for the day:

though i do end up watching a lot of programs on Discovery Channel, its been bugging me fore some time that the channel has made a slow progression towards shows about military weapons and machinery of all sorts. I see less and less programming to do with nature, the environment, travel, or archieological history. i don't really see anything resembling the line from that bloodhound gang song "do it like they do on the discovery channel..." the rare, decreasing exceptions are things like major disasters (ancient volcanoes killing people) or animals at their most violent (ie sharks attacking humans). I realise the Discovery Channel and other networks are just going with what makes them a profit and what people seem to want, but i believe its unfortunate. the current programing seems to be all about testosterone and irresponsibility. programs about nature, the environment, world or ancient cultures gives viewers the chance to make a connection between their actions and lifestyle, and the outside world. like, for example, watching a show on a fast ship and then remembering a show on humpback whales from the same area the ship operates and questioning if that ship could harm those whales. i'm not saying technology is bad, machines are bad, etc - i'm saying there needs to be some responsibility instilled with it and what discovery channel was all about was one form of instilling that responsibility. fortunately, i have heard that because the Discovery channel didn't do as well in its ratings in moving towards testosterone-filled irresponsibility compared to other networks that did the same, it will be moving back to more nature and science orientated programming (i won't get my hopes up though).

and whats with the History Channel? why not call it the War Channel? i know there's more to history than war but that seems to be all there is except for shows about shiprecks (more death).
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #12085
Okanagan Mod Team
 
SpooSports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 8,438
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a bottle of chocolate milk today, when i opened it, it mooooo'd at me, i win something, theres a one in five chance it could be 10g.

DIdnt get any milk outof it tho
__________________
2007 Mitsu Eclipse

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #12086
RS Veteran
 
HyperREV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: kelowna
Posts: 7,303
Thanked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupunkt69
random thought for the day:

though i do end up watching a lot of programs on Discovery Channel, its been bugging me fore some time that the channel has made a slow progression towards shows about military weapons and machinery of all sorts. I see less and less programming to do with nature, the environment, travel, or archieological history. i don't really see anything resembling the line from that bloodhound gang song "do it like they do on the discovery channel..." the rare, decreasing exceptions are things like major disasters (ancient volcanoes killing people) or animals at their most violent (ie sharks attacking humans). I realise the Discovery Channel and other networks are just going with what makes them a profit and what people seem to want, but i believe its unfortunate. the current programing seems to be all about testosterone and irresponsibility. programs about nature, the environment, world or ancient cultures gives viewers the chance to make a connection between their actions and lifestyle, and the outside world. like, for example, watching a show on a fast ship and then remembering a show on humpback whales from the same area the ship operates and questioning if that ship could harm those whales. i'm not saying technology is bad, machines are bad, etc - i'm saying there needs to be some responsibility instilled with it and what discovery channel was all about was one form of instilling that responsibility. fortunately, i have heard that because the Discovery channel didn't do as well in its ratings in moving towards testosterone-filled irresponsibility compared to other networks that did the same, it will be moving back to more nature and science orientated programming (i won't get my hopes up though).

and whats with the History Channel? why not call it the War Channel? i know there's more to history than war but that seems to be all there is except for shows about shiprecks (more death).
i've noticed the same thing... tv is turning into military propaganda everywhere you look. nothing but pro war/fear brainwashing. look a CNN for example...


ps- its oriented, not orientated
HyperREV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM   #12087
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
bmwwheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 1,046
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9
fat bitches want to eat me....
someone had a lil too much to drink...
bmwwheelman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #12088
I STILL don't get it
 
foxy_DA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 459
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^haha its true though
they seem to like my pretty lil' blonde hair.
foxy_DA9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #12089
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
bmwwheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 1,046
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9
^haha its true though
they seem to like my pretty lil' blonde hair.
lmao... suuuuuuure barb! :P (haha that is your name rite? lmao)
bmwwheelman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #12090
OK Head Mod
 
fourtirefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 6,963
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
hmm.. to do an ls-vtec build or not to do it...hmm
__________________
'05 F150 FX4
fourtirefire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:39 PM   #12091
I STILL don't get it
 
foxy_DA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 459
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yup my name is barb...you pay attention! yay

Quote:
Originally posted by fourtirefire
hmm.. to do an ls-vtec build or not to do it...hmm
no danny!:P
foxy_DA9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #12092
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
honduhman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3,223
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9



no danny!:P
Reverse Psychology?
__________________
'01 Honda CBR 600 f4i
honduhman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:53 PM   #12093
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,374
Thanked 1,590 Times in 483 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HyperREV
ps- its oriented, not orientated
only used the word once so i'll claim it as a typo
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #12094
OK Head Mod
 
fourtirefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 6,963
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_DA9

no danny!:P
must mean yes?
fourtirefire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #12095
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
bmwwheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 1,046
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dooooooooooooooooo it!
bmwwheelman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:31 PM   #12096
Total victory requires total destruction
 
SaviorSelf_666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,653
Thanked 242 Times in 57 Posts
why would you do that, what are your intentions
__________________
Hardparker

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2011 Subaru WRX STI (Satin White Pearl)
SaviorSelf_666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #12097
I STILL don't get it
 
foxy_DA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 459
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by honduhman
Reverse Psychology?
definately not!....think about it...sold the DSM to save money did you not Danny?
foxy_DA9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #12098
My homepage has been set to RS
 
AzN_ignite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 2,215
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by RMS13
why would you do that, what are your intentions
he doesnt know!
AzN_ignite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:36 AM   #12099
OK Head Mod
 
fourtirefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 6,963
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AzN_ignite
he doesnt know!
exactly.. i don't

the only reason it's tempting me is because, I always enjoy challenging myself to a project, especially something crafted all by myself.

Chances are I won't do it just because I can't afford the down time to do it (although it would only take a day to throw everything togetehr)

I just wish I had room and the financial resources right now to have a 2nd project car just so I can make something cool out of it.

Oh well, I can wait a few years for that option to arise.
fourtirefire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #12100
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
saloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: O.k. Centre
Posts: 692
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Danny I dont know what condition your engine is in but do it man! the Ls/Vtec is an awesome motor, when and only when the proper care and time is taken. It aint the throw it together or weekend warrior porject that people seem to think it is. To get the full potential out of that engine you would also have to swap trannies, it is pointless with the stock Ls tranny you got to switch to a si or something else to get the potential unleashed.

I know that you know what you are doing better than me under the hood of a car but I have seen a few people attempt and fail at this. Honestly if I were you I would just turbo it.
__________________
'01 GSR
saloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net