REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #1201
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by civic chick
uber
i miss that word. me and the boys used to say that all the time, and then out of no where, it just dyed.
Advertisement
clutch5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:35 AM   #1202
OK Head Mod

yeah my westside road somewhat rip the other night was sllooww ass took me 45 mins to do it... so many damn tourists driving slowly and not enough passing zones... i hadto drop my left side into the dirt to pass a motorhome cuz the driver tried to block me by pulling into the wrong side of the road @ 80k (jackass alberta rental motorhome drivers)
Old 06-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #1203
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

saw a funny sight thismorn(145am), 2 ppl, one a member one here, busted on highway in westbank, presumably for street racing hahaha. unless anyone else can think of why a cop car would pull over these 2 cars togethor, then get another cop to come in, and they were there for probably close to 20mins, it was dam funny ahhaah.

yeaaaah Buddy

-Marshall
'08 civic lx-sr- 15.90@87.5mph

Last edited by proshoraca; 06-30-2003 at 07:59 AM.
proshoraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:46 AM   #1204
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally posted by onetirefire
i hadto drop my left side into the dirt to pass a motorhome cuz the driver tried to block me by pulling into the wrong side of the road @ 80k (jackass alberta rental motorhome drivers)
hope you fingered that asshole.. fuck albertans!
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #1205
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by proshoraca
saw a funny sight thismorn(145am), 2 ppl, one a member one here, busted on highway in westbank, presumably for street racing hahaha. unless anyone else can think of why a cop car would pull over these 2 cars togethor, then get another cop to come in, and they were there for probably close to 20mins, it was dam funny ahhaah.

yeaaaah Buddy

-Marshall
haha WHO!?
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:35 AM   #1206
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Marshall..is that who i think you mean...that guy has no luck..im not sayin nothin else..ill talk to ya aboot it..and Jamie i seen you in Thumper the Rabbit..it just bounces along the road..haha..i dont know kelowna roads..but the one by city park..dont know if you noticed the rustang with the Mustang banner then you mighta had another rustang in front of you and we turned left..
Old 06-30-2003, 12:30 PM   #1207
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by netfreak
hope you fingered that asshole.. fuck albertans!
fricken no.. i couldn't finger him.. i was fightin the steering wheel with both hands so i didn't get pulled right into the ditch.. the bastard was doing about 30k up a hill too... it was pathetic
*edit* i did give him a 5500 rpm rip for his audible enjoyment

Last edited by fourtirefire; 06-30-2003 at 12:31 PM.
fourtirefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #1208
OK Head Mod

ahh fack.. i haveto work tonite... i'm too tired to be bothered to work, oh well.. i need the money
Old 06-30-2003, 01:59 PM   #1209

"Marshall..is that who i think you mean..."
-youuuuu betcha

not sure what was goin on, coulda bin nothin i guess, were just there for like....15-20mins, 2 units and them. Will find out soon enough i guess...

haha ya man, one time we were ripping westside road in this injected tempo and this full size van was just givin'er. it was dam funny he was almost keepin up to us in the corners, and up hills, everywhere. one of those camperized van things, was insane.

-Marshall
Old 06-30-2003, 09:54 PM   #1210
OK Head Mod

haha well those vans do have v10's, turbo diesels and rather high powered engines compared to a tempo haha
Old 06-30-2003, 10:17 PM   #1211

Quote:
Originally posted by onetirefire
yeah my westside road somewhat rip the other night was sllooww ass took me 45 mins to do it... so many damn tourists driving slowly and not enough passing zones... i hadto drop my left side into the dirt to pass a motorhome cuz the driver tried to block me by pulling into the wrong side of the road @ 80k (jackass alberta rental motorhome drivers)
i had an old albertin toweing a 5th wheel almost side swipe me the week i got my stang. he just decided to change into my lane with no signal or anything when he was beside me. i had to slam on my brakes. after that i folowed him, and he kept on going into big parking lots and doing u turns think i wouldent be able to keep up to him, then when he was on the high way, a cupple times i got infront of him, and slammed on my brakes, and made him go slow as fuck. it was kinda funny cause he had a cupple slow big riggs pass him when i was doing that. he prolly had a hell of a time trying to pass them.

i know it was dangerous, i geuss i let the best of road rage get to me. after all i had just gotten the car. it was a cool way to test it out.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:45 AM   #1212
Banned for being an idiot

i have had that happen to me soo much... trucks that don't see me just about back into me and i have had trucks and vans decide to change lanes and i gotta slam on the brakes then i bust out in front of them and slower down to 10km... yep they don;t dare pass cause they'll know i'm fuckin choked... taxi's cut me off while i'm cruisin down the highway they just pull out in front... hmm lets see had this one car once of kids like all 16 i was drivin down the highway late at night with ashley and they throw a fuckin icecream cone at my car cause i would'nt race them.. and it hit the passenger door, oh wow i don't think there has been so much swerving between 3 lanes of traffic in one night... i busted in front of them and went slow they went to pass (civic) so i get on it and block em again oh wow was i pissed.. ashley was scared and i was so pissed i went straight to the cop department downtown and reported them.. some of the shit i have happen is rediculous i get the worst road rage.. oh and bridge traffic coming back into kelowna down that hill and ppl rip to the bottom and want in... yep i go just the right speed so they can't get in... fuckin hate ppl
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:50 AM   #1213

i was ready to beat the shit out of a tourist in teh middle of teh highway. the dude slammed on his brakes doing 70 mph on the highwy to see a fucking sun set, and he almost cause a 5 car pile up. i wanted to turn around, but i had this killer hot chick with me who didnt like to see ppl fight. and i didnt want her to see my ugly side.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:05 AM   #1214

hahahaaahaahaaa this is some funny shit, everyone should post their best road-rage incidents on here, are dam funny.

I don't really have any, hmmm, some dam rabbit cut me off, so I ran its ass over...it didn't really cause any road-rage, as it was now part of the road....

-Marshall
Old 07-01-2003, 02:41 AM   #1215

i got the special treatment tonite... lol driving down the road at about 1145 tonite.... cops are everywhere.... a cop van comes down the road, stops, pulls over waits for me to go by *the other way* then continuses on its way......lol i tell yeah.... them pigs be actin funny! lol

road rage you say?? pfff who has road rage anyways?! haha riiight not me... ^_^
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #1216
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i am soooo hungover.....
Old 07-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #1217
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
i have had that happen to me soo much... trucks that don't see me just about back into me and i have had trucks and vans decide to change lanes and i gotta slam on the brakes then i bust out in front of them and slower down to 10km... yep they don;t dare pass cause they'll know i'm fuckin choked... taxi's cut me off while i'm cruisin down the highway they just pull out in front... hmm lets see had this one car once of kids like all 16 i was drivin down the highway late at night with ashley and they throw a fuckin icecream cone at my car cause i would'nt race them.. and it hit the passenger door, oh wow i don't think there has been so much swerving between 3 lanes of traffic in one night... i busted in front of them and went slow they went to pass (civic) so i get on it and block em again oh wow was i pissed.. ashley was scared and i was so pissed i went straight to the cop department downtown and reported them.. some of the shit i have happen is rediculous i get the worst road rage.. oh and bridge traffic coming back into kelowna down that hill and ppl rip to the bottom and want in... yep i go just the right speed so they can't get in... fuckin hate ppl
yup...when i truck wants to move it can..the dad usda do it all the time..cause he knows the ppl will move or be mangled...i havent really had any road rage..as for the bridge..sposda "merge alternately" so meanin everyone lets someone in..ppl that dont do it are the ones who screw it up and cause the damn slowness..it pisses me off..i go like 20 and leave like a space large enuf to park a damn kenworth in and ppl will drive by..thats what pisses me off goin to kelowna
Old 07-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #1218

I've been in a couple similar situations.

First, when I had my last car, and old lady changed lanes right into me. When we pulled over she starting spazzing on me saying it was all my fault, and she was saying "oh look what you did to my car! look what you did!". The car was like an 86 tempo or something... dont remember exacty what it was, as I didn't really know much about cars back then, and at the time, wasn't really looking to see what kind of car she had. It was pretty funny, how she comes running over to me... she's maybe 5'1'' and about 70 years old. I was I think 17-18 at the time, and about 6'1, 220lb. Pretty funny. Haha, oh also, she locked her keys in her car, and i climbed under her car for her and found her spare key, all the while getting a rip in my shirt in the process. Anyways, she ended up calling me back later in the night, and apologized and said she would call ICBC in the morning and make a claim saying it was entirely her fault. So, it ended up fine in the end.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #1219

And Second, as far as road rage goes... I had a little incident about a month ago or so. I'm pulling out of a mall (the one with staples/boston pizza/rogers video) onto the highway. I have to pull out a little slow because of my car, but not that slow... and I look, see a new cherokee i think it was coming, but I had tons of room to go. I glanced, saw I had time to go, and pulled out... but this cherokee was going probably 80-90, so to him, it looked like i cut him off. Maybe I shouldn't have gone... but if he were doing the speed limit, I would have done nothing wrong.

So he continues driving as close to the back of my car as possible, until we hit the light right by car tunes. He stops like 2 inches behind me. I didn't really think much of it... until I go to pull into the strip mall where Joey tomatoes/visions is, and it's not a great entrance, so I slow down to go in... but when ever I have to slow down for an entrance, I always turn my signal on way in advance, and slow down before the turn, so that the car behind me gets the clue that I'm going to go slow into the entrance. Well, this idiot, starts coming up pretty close and doesn't seem like he's going to slow down, so i take the entrance even slower than I would normally. I tried to give him the best warning I could, but I guess he was too dumb to notice. So, as I'm pulling in nails on his brakes behind me and starts honking and shit... so I finger him.

This is where I learned you got to be careful who you finger. You never know who might be in that car.

So, the guy pulls in and follows me. I pull into a parking spot and he pulls in beside me. Well, I'm about to start yellin' at him until I look in the car. In the passanger seat is a guy about 400 pounds, and although he was sitting down, I could tell he was probably atleast 6'2 or so, probably more. In the driver seat is some high strung tense looking guy... but he's pretty big as well... tough looking guy... the type you try not to mess with.

The driver starts spazzing (the passanger didnt say anything the whole time, he seemed like a cool enough guy, but him just being there is enough intimidation). The driver saying shit like I need to learn how to drive, how i'm fucking stupid cause i stop in the middle of the highway, how I purposely cut him off. I started bitching back at him... I didn't want to look like a pussy, and for some reason I wasn't scared of this guy at all. Then he says "step out of the car... step out right now". This crazy dude wants to fight me.

Well, no way am I getting out of the car. I'm a pretty big guy myself, but I'm not stupid. I know I'd get my ass kicked by these two. I was with a friend, but he's quite a bit smaller than I am, so there's no way it'd be a fair fight.

I just told the guy something like "I'm not stepping out the car. would beating me up make you feel better." and then just basically said there's nothing I can do about it now... if it's sorry he's want to hear, then i'm sorry.

they then took off. Needless to say, me and my buddy were pretty relieved... I didn't think we were get out of it without some sort of confrontation with these guys.

So... there's my way longer than I planned on version of my road rage story
Old 07-01-2003, 11:42 AM   #1220

ahh idunno it just makes me so mad instead of driving down the hill nicely then finding a place in line somewhere they'll go right to the wood blocking poleand put on their blinker... i don;t think theyre gettin in when i'm there... ooh and when i'm havin a bad day the road gets fertilized too when i'm drivin.. I live in black mountain and instead of following the gay tourists to town down the highway i'll take all the backroads thru garner and stuff. There are quail everywhere and theyre soo stupid they'll run on the side of the road beside you and then suddenly dart right infront of you, well my cars low enough i chop their heads off... so now in my books they have been named as one of the dumbest domestic animals/mongrels whatever so when i see em ON THE ROAD, don't be surprised if you see me drop a gear, or two depending on my day....
Old 07-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #1221

sounds like a story of the other guys road rage towards you man... haha
Old 07-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #1222

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
sounds like a story of the other guys road rage towards you man... haha
Haha which one?
Old 07-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #1223
OK Head Mod

hmm so what's everyone doing tonite? i still havent decided what to do, or where to go, but def wanna catch the fireworks
Old 07-01-2003, 03:27 PM   #1224
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i'm thinking fireworks would be pimp to go see....but all my friends work tonight so i'll have 2 go by myself

i cut my hair! haha
Old 07-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #1225
I bringith the lowerballerith

im thinkin maybe fireworks, and my bf is having a buncha ppl over to beat the shit out of eachother... aka boxing, and gonna have a campfire weenie roast.
accent_gal is offline   Reply With Quote