REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #14926
OK Head Mod

wayne gretzky and elton john are both buying houses in kelowna now. What a big little city we have
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #14927
Banned for being an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by HyperREV
im sorry craig but take another look, did i say anything to derek? or did he turn around and flip out on me and clark for no reason? what would you say if i called your car a 16 second 1/4 POS that couldnt turn to save its life? would you agree with me? or would you correct me on the fact of the matter? my training is something i have been very much into for awhile now but not once have i felt the need to talk about it to a bunch of skinny car guys because just like you said there is little point. its not my fault that by defending myself you guys turn around and think im now bragging about it. call me fat and i'll tell you im not, call me weak and i'll tell you im not. call me an asshole and i'll probably agree with you.

as for the whole i'll kill you downtown for fun bit... my circle of friends doesnt take kindly to people talking like that. i live in a completely different world than you guys do, a world where respect is huge and without it people get hurt in a real hurry. as cheesey as that may sound when you're face to face with 265+ lbs of steroid filled tattoo covered evil snapshows you tend to think before you say and things always go smoothly. this all started with me saying if a person were to call my girl friends hookers to their face while i was there i would more than likely do something about it. darnold didnt need to post what he did and it almost landed him in a LOT more trouble than he realized he was getting himself into with a group of people he wants nothing to do with. im not about to pick fights for no reason or even silly ones or i would have picked one with you a LONG time ago craig, so dont try and twist this like im going around looking for a scrap.
It was'nt even really direct at you dude, only place I ever see you on here is buy and sell and photo forums. As for the forums YOU started bit... If you don't like direction they are headed, then turn a blind eye. Because unfortunately majority rules.

On another note, you should bring your car out one time and giver a go on the autocross course. It seems well set-up, i'd like to see it do what it was meant to do. I guarantee you'd grin like a little child, VERY few people don't. Power to weight to handling, I have a feeling if you could keep the driving under wraps you'd be FAST.

Next one is this sunday in Vernon

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 06-09-2007 at 07:20 AM.
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #14928
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
too late. hes got a bike now. hes my bitch on the track now!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #14929
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog

On another note, you should bring your car out one time and giver a go on the autocross course. It seems well set-up, i'd like to see it do what it was meant to do. I guarantee you'd grin like a little child, VERY few people don't. Power to weight to handling, I have a feeling if you could keep the driving under wraps you'd be FAST.

Next one is this sunday in Vernon

i probably would but my front shocks are pretty much done. i'll be replacing my coilovers one of these days but really my car is pretty low on my list of priorities lately... i'd actually rather hit up mission and drag my car. guys in the states are hitting low 13's with my setup and its got me curious.
HyperREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #14930

Last year the Miata was running a 10.5 hub center to fender height. For a Miata thats LOW, on the bumpstops low. And autocross was still a great time.

I think 13's are realistic for that car.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #14931
RS Veteran

ya no im not worried about being too low, im pretty much just bouncing along on the springs. front right shock is bone dry and the left is on its way fucking bilsteins... either teins or ksports next and then maybe just sell the thing...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #14932
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
ya no im not worried about being too low, im pretty much just bouncing along on the springs. front right shock is bone dry and the left is on its way fucking bilsteins... either teins or ksports next and then maybe just sell the thing...
if your not satisfied with bilsteins why downgrade to teins or k sports? buy some real dampers like koni or advance design
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #14933
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffh
if your not satisfied with bilsteins why downgrade to teins or k sports? buy some real dampers like koni or advance design
my bilsteins are OLLLLLLD and used. they're done like dinner. tein basics are more than good enough for what i want. k-sports offer adjustable stroke and solid upper mounts at a damn good price. im going full coilover not shock/spring combo. and to be honest i truly dont care anymore, i'll probably jus replace the coilovers and sell the car. no point having a fast car when i have a bike that makes the car look slow.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #14934

i've heard nothing but garbage reviews on the ksports actually. bang for the buck, i'd just get the bilsteins rebuilt.

it's hard having a fast car nowadays. it's impossible to use it's full potential on the street and legal racing venues are becoming farther and fewer between. then should you choose to giver on the street a couple times, police show up at your door
Old 06-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #14935

Quote:
no point having a fast car when i have a bike that makes the car look slow.
another one has converted to the dark side
Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #14936
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
no point having a fast car when i have a bike that makes the car look slow. [/B]
i like knowing i'm not going to die when some old senile person runs a red and into me, and still being quick enough to have fun

i'd love to ride a bike, just not in kelowna
1990 Mercedes 300TE. Future daily
2000 Subaru Impreza. Broken, lady's daily
Delerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #14937
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
i've heard nothing but garbage reviews on the ksports actually. bang for the buck, i'd just get the bilsteins rebuilt.

it's hard having a fast car nowadays. it's impossible to use it's full potential on the street and legal racing venues are becoming farther and fewer between. then should you choose to giver on the street a couple times, police show up at your door
rebuilding my suspension isnt really an option, dont have anything to use in the meantime while they're getting rebuilt. i've heard mixed reviews on k-sports. some people hate them some people love them. we'll see... like i said its one of the last things on my mind right now.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #14938
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
another one has converted to the dark side
...for the second time.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #14939
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
rebuilding my suspension isnt really an option, dont have anything to use in the meantime while they're getting rebuilt. i've heard mixed reviews on k-sports. some people hate them some people love them. we'll see... like i said its one of the last things on my mind right now.
haha...like exchanging punches and kicks?...haha...its on bitch :P i'll see u next monday
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #14940

Quote:
Originally posted by Delerious
i like knowing i'm not going to die when some old senile person runs a red and into me, and still being quick enough to have fun

who said anything about riding a bike in kelowna? its all the back roads and highways where riding really happens. think highway #6 is fun in a car? try it on a bike
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #14941
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by racer__X__33
haha...like exchanging punches and kicks?...haha...its on bitch :P i'll see u next monday
fuckin rites! i got some anger that needs letting out
Old 06-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #14942
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Delerious

sadly once you've experienced a bike, "quick enough" in a car soon becomes "much too slow".

rather than try and explain how much radder bikes are, i'll use an excerpt from one of the greatest books ever written. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maitenance.

Quote:
You see things vacationing on a motorcycle in a way that is completely different from any other. In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming. That concrete whizzing by five inches below your foot is the real thing, the same stuff you walk on, it's right there, so blurred you can't focus on it, yet you can put your foot down and touch it anytime, and the whole thing, the whole experience, is never removed from immediate consciousness.
and i would never commute on a bike, its purely a recreational vehicle. a second vehicle is a must have. letting the fear of crashing or being hit keep you from experiencing a motorcycle is a shame. not riding for financial reasons is completely understandable however, these things are fucking money pits!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #14943

it's not from the fear of crashing, it's about knowing the people who have died as a result of other driver's error, on a road trip
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #14944
RS Veteran

shit happens, nobody lives forever. my good friend died and came back to life after t-boning an old lady. another good friend had his brake lever fall off going into a hairpin on the track at 200+. 2 years later he still isnt walking. theres also hundreds of thousands of safe riders out there that never get killed by old people.

theres also millions of people that die in car accidents...
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #14945
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

fair enough, but you can't argue that a car isn't way safer than a bike for many reasons.

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #14946

Quote:
Originally posted by ckrieg
fair enough, but you can't argue that a car isn't way safer than a bike for many reasons.
that's where i'm coming from...

but i do see both sides of it... it would be a hell of a lot of fun to go ripping around the backroads on something that quick and nimble, but that's where the problem for me is...

i'd be afraid of enjoying it too much i'd just drop all my current projects that i've worked on so hard and for so long just to get a better bike...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 AM   #14947
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

you cant have sex in a bike.

thats why cars are better
KyleMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #14948
My homepage has been set to RS

Mabye not "in" a bike... but the bars gives the hun an awesome spot to lay back
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #14949

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleMR2
you cant have sex in a bike.

thats why cars are better
grown ups have sex in beds, on couches, tables and other places around the house. sex in cars is for teenagers.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #14950
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
grown ups have sex in beds, on couches, tables and other places around the house. sex in cars is for teenagers.
counter-tops and showers as well. car sex sucks
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote