REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #17226
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yeah that is really nice, but ive heard that KTMs are shitty reliability wise which kind of steered me away from them? Any truth to this or just hearsay?
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #17227
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Yeah that is really nice, but ive heard that KTMs are shitty reliability wise which kind of steered me away from them? Any truth to this or just hearsay?
i've heard the opposite.

ktm's are generally more maintenance, they have tighter specs, higher compression engines and just need more maintenance to keep in tip top shape.

so i guess the reliability issue comes down to whether or not the person services the bike the way it should be.

that new supermoto i just got, requires a valve check/adjustment after 10 hours of use, or after every race.

no other Japanese bike will be able to touch that thing stock vs stock.
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #17228
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I have a few friends up north with ktm quads and dbikes, i think their reliablity is horrible. My buddy has replaced everything bushing and tie rod a couple times in the 2 yrs he has had his quad. My zuki probably doesnt have the hrs his has but I havent done any bearing bushings or tie rods on mine and I have seen several track days on mine. My yammy raptor had way more hours than his and I did some bushings.

His quad makes some wicked power tho. Will eat my 450 but he is also a big bore 570 now with a fairly big cam and minor head clean up. Where mine is fairly stock. I use to beat him when he had a hi comp piston and cam but then it blew up and he had to go big bore.

I think ktm bikes are like high maintence women: look good, pricey, require lots of attention, when shit happens it a castatrophe and did I mention expensive.

I rode the zuki for the first time since May 3 on sat, felt good day of but sunday I felt like a bag of smashed assholes. Sore stiff and frickin lazy. The girl needs a real tune, is there a dyno shop in town for bikes? I heard ducati has one but the roller is really narrow, is this true? Ill try and call them later this week. Leaving a few poines on the table with this tune.
'89 gixxer 750- parts possible future bike
'88 katana- black, missing guages fairing and a passenger seat, sexy
zumvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #17229
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Edit to my last post. KTM isnt that pricey if you are hardcore. But for a weekend warrior it expensive. Their race ready motto is true but usually; not always, requires a few thousand dollars more initally to get a bike. Some of yammy shit is crazy expensive now.

BTW the Im not jealous at all of the tard. If i wasnt so fricken short Id rock a tard for sure.
'89 gixxer 750- parts possible future bike
'88 katana- black, missing guages fairing and a passenger seat, sexy
zumvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #17230
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

#$^*&#$^*#&$

son of a bitch, i hate low life peices of shit... i live in the nicest neighborhood in town.. and my shit gets broken into.. fucked the inside of my Ford up real good.. all they got was a shity cd player, some dirt bike pants (i was going riding tonight) and my drop hitch/sway bar mount(explensive).. just wrecked the rest of the interio.. had "the club" on the wheel.. they cut the wheel and got that outa there right quick(like i knew they could, but better to have it then nothing right) , fucked the ignition.. GRRRRRRR

here i am today
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #17231
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Rider View Post
#$^*&#$^*#&$

son of a bitch, i hate low life peices of shit... i live in the nicest neighborhood in town.. and my shit gets broken into.. fucked the inside of my Ford up real good.. all they got was a shity cd player, some dirt bike pants (i was going riding tonight) and my drop hitch/sway bar mount(explensive).. just wrecked the rest of the interio.. had "the club" on the wheel.. they cut the wheel and got that outa there right quick(like i knew they could, but better to have it then nothing right) , fucked the ignition.. GRRRRRRR
shitty man, that sucks.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #17232
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

t4ts beat down crew?

that sucks ash i loathe thieves
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #17233

haha ya Jeff we need to look into that.. vigilante justice in full effect thats for sure.. im lookin at every scuzzy lookin bastard in town every time i go for a drive now.. grr..

here i am today
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #17234

just dropped some big dough on some supermoto boots and a alpinestar jacket.

so i get one of my biggest cheques of the year tomorrow (but i get paid the night before). and ALL the money is accounted for already, its already spent!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #17235

nice, i need some new Moto pants, not sure whats "good" anymore.. back when i was really into it.. SMP , LBZ or Shift were the "go to" pants of choice.. now i gotta see whats good for the dollar...

here i am today
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #17236
Banned for being an idiot

smp! hahahah i still have an smp jersey. thats kind of funny....

10 years ago?
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #17237

hell ya 10 years ago.. thats about right.. id actualy call it about 5-6 since i last purchased any of the above stated brands.. Ebay has everything, and i couldnt find a new pair of LBZ pants out there in size fatty

here i am today
Old 08-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #17238

gotta love free money.

on sept 1st my company gives me another 500 shares, valued at around $19/share right now. i get a total of 2000 in 4 years, 500/yr and this will put me at 1500 shares (3yrs so far)
Old 08-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #17239
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hmm, I know some of you guys are older, I'm younger, 19, how can I convince my parents about me getting a bike? A friend took me on his GSXR 600 and I was hooked, and want one badder then ever. Although I've wanted one since I was 12 and watched Moto GP on Speed. I was bringing up the defensive driving course and stuff, but they're still worried about other people on the road, not me..
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #17240
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Your parents are right to be worried but up in the interior its not as bad as down in Van for traffic. However I will tell you right now... your young and you will do stupid shit on a bike. No matter how much you think you won't... you will and it could end badly. Bikes are fun I rode for a long time when I was younger but now it's just not worth the chance of getting hurt and fucking up not only my health but my career as well.

Berz out.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #17241

Ya its def. not as bad up here as it is in the lower mainland.. I sold my last bike because of the same reason Berzerker just said.. found myself too many times goin WAY too fast.. Bikes are great, such a rush and you may be a great rider, but when it comes down to it.. you take a chance every time u get on.. and it probably wont be your fault when u crash, theres millions of other blind idiots out there who wont see you !

all that being said, will i ever buy another bike... hell yes i will..
but your parents have every right to be worried, and frankly i would too.. i worried for myself every ride.. but it never stopped me from riding till we had our baby.. priorities changed and im takin a break from it.. but i'l be back

here i am today
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #17242
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Brandon are you still on your N? if so it's worth waiting for your class 5 cause that makes it easier to get your bike license
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #17243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice80 View Post
Hmm, I know some of you guys are older, I'm younger, 19, how can I convince my parents about me getting a bike? A friend took me on his GSXR 600 and I was hooked, and want one badder then ever. Although I've wanted one since I was 12 and watched Moto GP on Speed. I was bringing up the defensive driving course and stuff, but they're still worried about other people on the road, not me..
get started on an old school 400-500cc cruiser. that will show them your not into the "crotch rockets/ death machines".

you need to start off at the bottom, and work your way up.

if you love to ride, you wont care what you ride, its just fun. but if all your after is a sportbike, all your after is the speed.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #17244
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
^ 250cc Kawi, brand new they're under $5000 I think, hard to die on your own, other people can still kill you tho.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #17245
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Yeah I understand my parents reasoning, I just really wanna ride.
I want a sportbike, not necessarily because its faster, I just love the looks/sounds/handling and everything about them.
And yeah Jordan I have my N for another month I think then I can go for my full.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #17246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice80 View Post
I want a sportbike, not necessarily because its faster, I just love the looks/sounds/handling and everything about them.

this means to me one thing, junior squid in the making. make sure your parents get a nice life insurance policy on you, it will be small consolation, but at least they get something out of it
Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #17247
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
do you speed, drift, do burnouts, weave in and out of traffic, or have lapses in your attention while driving? if you answered yes to any of these, riding a bike is not a good thing for you right now. maybe in a few years
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #17248
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Because I like the looks of a bike, means I"ll be all over the road? Lol Jeff..

No I don't do any of those, I like to think of myself as a "mature young driver" (even though those don't really exist), but thanks for the judgement calls priest
Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #17249

dont get snotty, but most people start off riding on something more cruiser-esq and rider friendly, not a 600cc rocket ive got alot of friendy that ride and that seems to be the standard. you can get dead alot faster on a bike and you really need to have that respect for it before you start. thats what ash was getting at about the fear i think
Old 08-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #17250
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
dont get snotty, but most people start off riding on something more cruiser-esq and rider friendly, not a 600cc rocket ive got alot of friendy that ride and that seems to be the standard. you can get dead alot faster on a bike and you really need to have that respect for it before you start. thats what ash was getting at about the fear i think
I'm just not a big fan of cruiser style bikes so I don't really put down a bunch of money then just turn around and resell it, I've been looking into good starter bikes that I will like for a while, and I've heard good things about the SV650 for being a good learner bike.