REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The O.C. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/143932-o-c.html)

Cupcake 08-07-2003 09:12 PM

The O.C.

Anyone else seen this show? Comments?

Fox had an encore presentation tonight. I thought it had a great start. :)

Synopsis: It is about a troubled youth played by (Benjamin McKenzie) whose lawyer (Peter Gallagher) takes him into his own home in the middle-class suburbs of Orange County near Los Angeles.

RacePace 08-07-2003 09:22 PM

I dunno, I didn't really see anything special about it, there wasn't really anything there that made me care about the guy

F1 4ever 08-07-2003 09:26 PM

not bad.....typical storyline

SeanJohn 08-07-2003 09:51 PM

it was a good show.
i never watched dawsons creek, 7th heaven, and similar shows but maybe this ranks up there

RFlush 08-07-2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cupcake
takes him into his own home in the middle-class suburbs of Orange County near Los Angeles.
That's middle class? Then I must be in the poor class.
It was alright, but I hope the main guy doesn't get too cocky like how he seemed in the first show. Nothing can stand in his way, he's a tough guy.

Cupcake 08-07-2003 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HKS
That's middle class? Then I must be in the poor class.
It was alright, but I hope the main guy doesn't get too cocky like how he seemed in the first show. Nothing can stand in his way, he's a tough guy.

Sorry, I just copied and pasted from one of the O.C.'s websites. I should've caught that mistake. The lawyer is far from middle-class. ;)

liquid_trippin 08-11-2003 07:14 PM

gez, spending one hour a week watching a show about stuck-up snobby rich kids from Orange County! WOW WHAT A CONCEPT!
[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, did the executive producers just base the show off their own kids? Still surprised the show adovcates underage drinking, coke,pot, while glorifing cigarettes. GO FOX!

It'll be lucky if it gets two seasons. BTW, the chicks aren't that hot

RiceIntegraRS 08-11-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KillerRex
\
Seriously though, did the executive producers just base the show off their own kids? Still surprised the show adovcates underage drinking, coke,pot, while glorifing cigarettes. GO FOX!

well who hasnt drank, smoked pot, smoke cigs.
back in highschool, that happened all the time. Even the nerds got drunk. So watching that just brings me back to the old days, which was a year ago.

and i liked the show

liquid_trippin 08-11-2003 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RiIntegraRS
well who hasnt drank, smoked pot, smoke cigs.
back in highschool, that happened all the time. Even the nerds got drunk. So watching that just brings me back to the old days, which was a year ago.

and i liked the show

i was just saying that because you always hear those bitchy-ass- middle-america-middle-aged-women complain about that type of content on TV.

Maybe I'm just "one of those kids who get mad cuz [I] can't get get a new BMW every year" <--- quote from the show

RiceIntegraRS 08-11-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KillerRex
i was just saying that because you always hear those bitchy-ass- middle-america-middle-aged-women complain about that type of content on TV.

Maybe I'm just "one of those kids who get mad cuz [I] can't get get a new BMW every year" <--- quote from the show

hahaha, i do hate those kids, but i cant help it watch those shows.

Ronin 08-11-2003 11:19 PM

I like the show quite a bit but I can't help but feel there isn't anything too special about it. Maybe when we see a few more episodes, it will carve out it's own little niche.

And that girl...MMMmmmm...she starred in an episode of Fastlane before.

RiceIntegraRS 08-12-2003 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronin

And that girl...MMMmmmm...she starred in an episode of Fastlane before.

wasnt that the girl where they had to chase her and shit, cuz i remember her in fastlane as well, and yes mmmmmmmmmm

2 n r 08-12-2003 06:05 PM

yeah looks like the same chick
*droolz*

RiceIntegraRS 08-12-2003 09:00 PM

i dont know about u guys, but i already like this show alot.

Kontessa 08-12-2003 10:26 PM

i like this show a lot too. i like how it shows teenage kids + their parents interacting. and that girl, marisa, is so pretty! and she wears the nicest clothes :) the male lead is ok looking, but i like his character a lot.

Delish 08-12-2003 10:58 PM

What does the O.C. stand for anyways?
Orange County?

...... I think I answered my own question :D

RiceIntegraRS 08-13-2003 07:37 AM

hahah yep u did lol

RFlush 08-13-2003 11:06 AM

My Aunt lives in Orange County in California. Doesn't really seem like what it shows on T.V.

Kontessa 08-17-2003 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HKS
My Aunt lives in Orange County in California. Doesn't really seem like what it shows on T.V.
i heard O.C. is set specifically in newport beach. maybe thats the snooty, expensive area to live in?

anyways, i just found out tonight that the actress who plays marisa is actually the girl who was in sixth sense - the girl-ghost throwing up because she died when her mom was poisoning her.
whoa! what a difference a few years (and make-up?) makes!

rsx 08-17-2003 12:24 PM

that main girl is nasty.. gross looks like that dawson's creek girl..joey potter was it?

i rather watch fastlane than this show.. but what are you gonna do..

i liked the first episode...thats about it..i mean staying in an unfurnished mansion like a bum? hah what's up with that..

RacePace 08-18-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rsx
that main girl is nasty.. gross looks like that dawson's creek girl..joey potter was it?

i rather watch fastlane than this show.. but what are you gonna do..

i liked the first episode...thats about it..i mean staying in an unfurnished mansion like a bum? hah what's up with that..

I think the girl is alright, she's definately got potential ;)

fastlane was very quickly becoming my favourite show, until they cancelled it

RiceIntegraRS 08-18-2003 10:37 PM

they cancelled fastlane???

they had that show on the worst day, no wonder it didnt do ne good. i liked the show alot

RacePace 08-19-2003 09:00 PM

the 3rd episode was really good, it really made me think about a lot of issues in life, and it had a lot of emotion

Cupcake 08-19-2003 09:14 PM

I really liked tonight's episode. I'm finding the relationship between Marissa and her boyfriend a bit boring. I'd rather watch the issues between the parents instead.

My favourite scene tonight was at the end when Ryan wakes up and sees his mom leaving and they share a wave instead of a good bye.

lilgurl 08-19-2003 09:16 PM

i think this show is pretty good
ryans (i think thats his name) mom is pretty screwed up