REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:25 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Bad Neighbores

alright...
right now i can't listen to music with bass AT ALL in my OWN HOUSE and when i watch movies...i have home theatre system....spent tons of money on it.....and when i watch movies....i cant even turn the sub on!!!!!!!!! that thing was expensive...the stupid neighbores wrote a letter to city hall and they sent me a warning....for creating too much noise??
soooo.....i read in other threads that i hafto turn off exessive noise after 11PM?
but when i listen to music or nething its usually around the day time....like 12pm to 8pm?
well now that i got that warning....the neighbores get mad about any little noise i make....
i was working on my car today and had to disconnect the battery
so when i reconnected the battery....the alarm went off....and the neighbores came over and said if they hear that alarm 1 more time they are gonna call the cops....what the hell is that? can the cops do anything? this was during 1pm-3pm...not in the middle of the night when everybody is sleeping......
what do you guys think about this?

pretty much all the money i spent on audio has gone DOWN THE DRAIN
also i got car audio because i can leave her....but when im coming home....when im parking....they are already there telling me to turn it down when i just came home!!!
Advertisement
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Retired Traffic Cop

The criminal code offence of mischief applies at any time of the day or night. If you prevent someone from enjoying their private property by making too much noise for whatever reason, you could be in trouble here.

Not all people sleep from 11 pm to 7 am. When I worked night shift I had to sleep during the day and would not have appreciated a blaring stereo at noon.

Bylaws may have times of effect in them, or they may not. You would have to read the noise bylaw that governs the area you are in.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #3

what about the car alarm going off?
Old 08-22-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

if they are getting mad at you cause your call alarm went off for like 5 secodns, i would have told the neighbour to go to hell. sounds like your neighbours are just harrassing you because they can.
Iceman_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:12 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

if i can hear the sub coming from your HOUSE, that's too loud dude...i dont care what time of the day it is

and i guess im more mature now but playing your system loud in your car in a residential neighborhood is not cool

Last edited by skidmark; 08-22-2003 at 11:29 AM.
[ jay ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by freakyshortguy
if i can hear the sub coming from your HOUSE, that's too loud dude...i dont care what time of the day it is

and i guess im more mature now but playing your system loud in your car in a residential neighborhood is not cool
its not even THAT loud...its because the stupid neighbores dont have insulation in their walls...but that shouldnt be my problem....
its not my fault that their house is 100+ years old....

Last edited by skidmark; 08-22-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,805 Times in 8,184 Posts
Umm
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
bass doesnt have to be "loud" to be heard.. but its also something that wouldnt keep you up from sleeping since the tone is very low.. its not like youre blasting the vocals to your music... theyre just fucken stupid. car alarms go off everyday and ppl deal with it. its not like you were doing it on and off like some idiots do when they are testing their alarms. if i were you id tell them to fuck off. if they do call the cops, im pretty sure the cops would pretty much do NOTHING.. u should just be an ass to them everytime the make some type of noise. retaliate. thats what i would do... how long have you moved in to the house you are in. unless they are the new home owners. honestly i would be the type of prick that would make their life so much hell that they move out.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

how close together are the houses?

----------------------------
!SG on typing in caps:
"do you go around screaming and talking really loud in real life too then?"
EuroTRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

ok i dont know the exact situation, maybe they are picking on u, i can understand since i got picked on when i rented in Kerrisdale

but ur house should have insulation, i mean, seriously, someone in their own house should not have to hear bass coming from inside ANOTHER house, that's ridiculous, i mean maybe from a passing car or if it was an apartment building, think about man

blueG2, cops will do something, if they drive by and actually hear noise, they will write him up a ticket for noise violation

Last edited by skidmark; 08-22-2003 at 06:50 PM.
[ jay ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #11
SFICC-04*

unless they showed up at your door when your alarm went off in their Pjs

I would have told them to go to hell
OpeningGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueG2
bass doesnt have to be "loud" to be heard.. but its also something that wouldnt keep you up from sleeping since the tone is very low.. its not like youre blasting the vocals to your music... theyre just fucken stupid. car alarms go off everyday and ppl deal with it. its not like you were doing it on and off like some idiots do when they are testing their alarms. if i were you id tell them to fuck off. if they do call the cops, im pretty sure the cops would pretty much do NOTHING.. u should just be an ass to them everytime the make some type of noise. retaliate. thats what i would do... how long have you moved in to the house you are in. unless they are the new home owners. honestly i would be the type of prick that would make their life so much hell that they move out.
yeah i should......everytime i come home late at night i should honk a couple times or something....haha just to piss them off....ill jus say i accidently pressed it...=)
w/e...they moved in.....and i cant listen to music anymore pretty much....except when its really really low......=/
Old 08-22-2003, 10:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by freakyshortguy
ok i dont know the exact situation, maybe they are picking on u, i can understand since i got picked on when i rented in Kerrisdale

but ur house should have insulation, i mean, seriously, someone in their own house should not have to hear bass coming from inside ANOTHER house, that's ridiculous, i mean maybe from a passing car or if it was an apartment building, think about man

blueG2, cops will do something, if they drive by and actually hear noise, they will write him up a ticket for noise violation
they live next door...my house has insulation but theirs doesnt..if a cop was driving by.....he wouldnt hear it...cause i went outside myself....and i hear nothing much at all....its like a little hum noise...a fucken fly is louder then that....
Old 08-22-2003, 10:53 PM   #14
village idiot

go next door and kick their car tires till their alarm goes off then start yelling at them
Scott 89t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #15

i should throw some garbage at their car and set off the alarm and yell at them....or when i hear them talking(which i ALWAYS do) i should stick my head out the window be go...SHUT THE FUCK UP...OR IM GONNA CALL THE COPS....hahaha
cause they always have ppl over and they eat outside and its real loud....
Old 08-22-2003, 11:13 PM   #16
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

alright i got it, everyone on the board with a loud muffler meet up and cruise past the house.

----------------------------
!SG on typing in caps:
"do you go around screaming and talking really loud in real life too then?"
EuroTRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:15 PM   #17
The "You'd Know" Moderator

When they can hear it, then it's too loud.

If you had spent tons of money on the system, why didn't you spend more to carpet the walls, floor and ceiling? It's your responsibility to keep the noise down, not your neighbors' responsibility to insulate their houses more to keep themselves from the noise you produce.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Last edited by impactX; 08-22-2003 at 11:16 PM.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:34 PM   #18

[QUOTE]Originally posted by impactX
When they can hear it, then it's too loud.

If you had spent tons of money on the system, why didn't you spend more to carpet the walls, floor and ceiling? It's your responsibility to keep the noise down, not your neighbors' responsibility to insulate their houses more to keep themselves from the noise you produce.
[

you can only hear it when its COMPLETELY silent....
its not my responsibility to insulate my house...
because nobody else complained about it before until these stupid neighbores moved in....
my house is insulated....and the home theatre...its closer the the neighbores on the other side of my house...but they dont seem to be bothered at all....
Old 08-23-2003, 08:37 AM   #19
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
if its the neighbours that moved in , you should really bitch at them and be like " shut the fuck up, youve been here ___ months, who are you to say im too loud". seriously, make these ppls lives a living hell.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 07:11 PM   #20
User Number 7

well one of my neighbours came over @ 11:30pm kicking on my front door very hard to yell at me because they thought my dog was barking, threatened to call the cops, call citycall and have us fined.. i swore at them like crazy, told them to get off my property or I would call the police, called them morons, and they went away and never complained in person again, they left 1 letter at our door...

and it wasn't my dog barking.. it was my neighbours..

we've had our dog for like 5 years withour complaints.. these renters come into a neighbourhood where every 2nd house has 1-3 dogs and complain about barking.. go figure
Volitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Volitaire
well one of my neighbours came over @ 11:30pm kicking on my front door very hard to yell at me because they thought my dog was barking, threatened to call the cops, call citycall and have us fined.. i swore at them like crazy, told them to get off my property or I would call the police, called them morons, and they went away and never complained in person again, they left 1 letter at our door...

and it wasn't my dog barking.. it was my neighbours..

we've had our dog for like 5 years withour complaints.. these renters come into a neighbourhood where every 2nd house has 1-3 dogs and complain about barking.. go figure

thats pretty much the exact same situation with me....except its music...its fine usually....i hear subs pounding like everyday....a few cars drive by....it doesnt bother me at all.....these damn neighbores.....it was fine b4 too....
Old 01-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #22
RS controls my life!

I cant imagine it being that loud. I have a decent home theater in my house, and my neighbours would really have to strain to hear it even when it is turned up pretty loud.

Play your music how u want, within reason, and when they come knock on your door to tell you to turn it down, remind them they are trespassing and that you are gonna call the cops.

Problem solved.

Last edited by skidmark; 01-17-2004 at 07:32 PM.
2k1Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by 2k1Rice
I cant imagine it being that loud. I have a decent home theater in my house, and my neighbours would really have to strain to hear it even when it is turned up pretty loud.

Play your music how u want, within reason, and when they come knock on your door to tell you to turn it down, remind them they are trespassing and that you are gonna call the cops.

Problem solved.
they wrote a letter to city hall already and city hall sent me a letter saying if they get 1 more complaint....i will be charged for excessive noise
and its not very excessive either.....
Old 01-18-2004, 01:26 AM   #24
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Can't u apply for an appeal for the letter city hall sent you based on ur other neighbours' opinion and not just them?
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:15 AM   #25
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally posted by Druggie
they wrote a letter to city hall already and city hall sent me a letter saying if they get 1 more complaint....i will be charged for excessive noise
and its not very excessive either.....
Don't think they can actually charge you just becoz of some complaint without any investgation at all...
but if that's the case, write a dozen letters to cityhall and complain the same thing, saying they make excessive noise...!

A more constructive thing to do is just to talk to the ppl at city hall, say you did not do that, and just say your neighbor complain becoz they didn't like you...
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote