REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 09-30-2004, 06:20 PM   #301
RS Veteran

Decided to put my bumper on. No bulb in the driver side lense yet so that's why tehre is no reflection...

Advertisement

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally posted by Average Al
droped the motor in my car this week
shit doesnt seem right......

What is wrong??? I might be able to help??
Old 09-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #303
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Did a compression test. 95lbs Also put teflon tape under the brake/master cylinder clamps and checked for cleanliness of the air filter. Inspected the plug, checked rad fluid and toped off the gearcase.

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #304
Banned for being an idiot

ate chode on my way home from school as the headgasket went again. piece of shit..
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #305
Need to Seek Professional Help

Ouch man.... turn down the boost. haha
Judgin by your sig your getting rid of it, why man??

-Travis-
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:43 PM   #306

boost is backed all the way off.... and i'm not necessarily getting rid of it, but if someone wanted to buy it and they met the price of what i have into it i'd sell it. It's not a car i can work on myself when somthing goes wrong.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:03 PM   #307
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
ate chode on my way home from school as the headgasket went again. piece of shit..
That doesn't sound right... Faulty install maybe? Who installed it?

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged

Last edited by Tchleung; 10-01-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #308
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by G2Teggin
That doesn't sound right... Faulty install maybe? Who installed it?
Jacques I think..
Old 10-01-2004, 05:04 PM   #309

yeah... Cody is a good guy, i totally trust him to do anything on my vehicles, but maybe this once he messed up? I called a whole bunch of shops today and they said that even if the boost was turned up it should have no problem. The car has a factory boost cut at 14.2 psi or 14.7 psi which is'nt nearly enough to blow a headgasket. The least guarantee I got when I made my calls today was 3 months. For $100 more i could have gotten the work done at isuzu and they guarantee their work for 1 year or 20,000 km's. So i have no clue what i'm going to do.. this fucking car is going to kill me just to get it runing
Old 10-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #310
RS Veteran

jsut get it done at the dealership to get warentee.

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
Old 10-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #311

that'll end up being a 3-4 week wait until the gasket comes in from japan and then all of a sudden it turns into a 1500$ headgasket job. seeing as how i have paid cody for his labour once already
Old 10-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #312
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
What is wrong??? I might be able to help??
I got it to idle finally after a valve adjustment and everything seems pretty good. I am still breaking in the clutch.
But when ever i bring it up to vtec its smokes like a mofo. I going to do a compression check sometime this week. THe valve cover and PCV vavle hose looks clean of blow by.

2006 WRX STi Aspen White

1992 Hatch Si B16a2 * sold *

1992 Hatch DX d15b7 boosted 14.4@101 mph 2.3 60ft RIP

1992 Hatch DX GSR stock *sold*
14.6 @ 94 mph 2.3 60 fts

Buyer / Seller feedback

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=164635
Average Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #313

The valve seals might be weak, is the pcv good ( does it rattle when you shake it ) if not go and buy a new one because that would make it smoke under vtec.

just so I know, it is blue smoke not black smoke right????

what ecu are you running??

you used a b series fuel line right??

are you using syn. oil or just regular oil??? 5w30??

if you are using syn it might account for some or most of the oil burning as DOHC hondas like to burn syn. ( at least all dohc ones I have encountered )

lemme know, good to hear the motor is finally in.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #314
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

thats for the help

i put a new PCV valve in before the motor went in
its for sure blue smoke
i am running p28 chiped for DOHC
i used a stock z6 fuel lines
i am using regualr oil 5w30 i was thinking maybe switching to 10w30
me and tom tryed to hook a catch can up where teh PCV vavle line and didnt do much of anything

2006 WRX STi Aspen White

1992 Hatch Si B16a2 * sold *

1992 Hatch DX d15b7 boosted 14.4@101 mph 2.3 60ft RIP

1992 Hatch DX GSR stock *sold*
14.6 @ 94 mph 2.3 60 fts

Buyer / Seller feedback

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=164635
Average Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:12 PM   #315
RS Veteran

Yeah upon inspection both PCV vacuum hose and the valve cover breather hose are nice and clean without the catchcan so it's not like he's got serious blowby. Al, explain about the oil problem in that one cylinder. Check it tomrorow morning before you goto work tos ee if the plug is still oily...

Caus elast time al took out his spark plugs. one of the plugs was covered in oil. He used diff plugs now and hasn't checked it yet. But as I todl him. maybe soemhow his ehadgasket is seeping and there is a opening from an oil passage directly to taht cylinder therefore oil blowing into the cyilinder and burning on combustion.

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged

Last edited by Tchleung; 10-01-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #316
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

man how can you blow a head gasket again. the only reason that could happen would be a warped head(i assume you got it machined as you ALWAYS do this with head gasket job), possibly warped deck(of block, but highly unlikely), or inproper torqueing. only other thing would be if ya overheated but i'm sure you'd notice that, or constantly running lean(but your gangster lighted up guage would let you know, and that would just yield the above mentioned overheating problem). that sucks man, what the hell. maybe wrong gasket was sent/used. should Not happen, have never seen/heard of it before, is some simple stuff too.
'08 civic lx-sr- 15.90@87.5mph
proshoraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:57 PM   #317

you CAN NOT use the d-series fuel line from the filter to the rail, the internals on the d line are about 1/2 the size and you will wreck you motor due to lack of flow.

I have extra b-series lines if you dont.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #318

Quote:
Originally posted by proshoraca
man how can you blow a head gasket again. the only reason that could happen would be a warped head(i assume you got it machined as you ALWAYS do this with head gasket job), possibly warped deck(of block, but highly unlikely), or inproper torqueing. only other thing would be if ya overheated but i'm sure you'd notice that, or constantly running lean(but your gangster lighted up guage would let you know, and that would just yield the above mentioned overheating problem). that sucks man, what the hell. maybe wrong gasket was sent/used. should Not happen, have never seen/heard of it before, is some simple stuff too.
The head was NOT milled, I torqued it proporly using the two step method and cleaned all threads ( block and bolts ) put oil on the bolts so I would get a proper torque # ( the head bolts were also reused ??? ) The gasket was the right one as I compared it to the old one before install. The previous owner had overheated the car and that is why the gasket went the first time. This motor uses a iron block and a aluminum head so I would assume that if any warpage were to happen it would be the head not the block.

Those gangster guages you talk about are about as good as you walking up to your tail pipe and taking a sniff and saying that it is ok " it smells ok so it must be " that basically is what the guage is doing. for any accurate o2 readings you must have a wideband..............
Old 10-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally posted by G2Teggin

Caus elast time al took out his spark plugs. one of the plugs was covered in oil. He used diff plugs now and hasn't checked it yet. But as I todl him. maybe soemhow his ehadgasket is seeping and there is a opening from an oil passage directly to taht cylinder therefore oil blowing into the cyilinder and burning on combustion.
I have a new honda b16 headgasket if it comes to that.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #320
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally posted by jaques
The head was NOT milled, I torqued it proporly using the two step method and cleaned all threads ( block and bolts ) put oil on the bolts so I would get a proper torque # ( the head bolts were also reused ??? ) The gasket was the right one as I compared it to the old one before install. The previous owner had overheated the car and that is why the gasket went the first time. This motor uses a iron block and a aluminum head so I would assume that if any warpage were to happen it would be the head not the block.

Those gangster guages you talk about are about as good as you walking up to your tail pipe and taking a sniff and saying that it is ok " it smells ok so it must be " that basically is what the guage is doing. for any accurate o2 readings you must have a wideband..............
Ahhh k, icic. i'd say that the lack of milling is your reason for another blowjob(and no, not the good kind). . especially if you used the 2, or 3, or 45 however many step torque sequence, as well as the correct bolt sequence, I'd say theres absolutely no way of blowing again, unless of course the head is warped, which i'd bet cash money that it is, ESPECIALLY AFTER OVERHEATING. I'd bet 100% that if the head was machined....we would not be having this discussion, oh well. ya live and ya learn right

edit- Yeah i completely agree with you on the alum. head warping before anything happening to the block. too bad, i'd have for sure spent the 30bux tops milling head, save you another head job.

edit-Yeah i thought those guages were simply using the signal off of teh o2 and transverting the Voltage signal(wanting a fluctuating .1V-.9V) into a lighting of the appropriate light on guage.
'08 civic lx-sr- 15.90@87.5mph

Last edited by proshoraca; 10-02-2004 at 03:44 PM.
proshoraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally posted by proshoraca
Ahhh k, icic. i'd say that the lack of milling is your reason for another blowjob(and no, not the good kind). . especially if you used the 2, or 3, or 45 however many step torque sequence, as well as the correct bolt sequence, I'd say theres absolutely no way of blowing again, unless of course the head is warped, which i'd bet cash money that it is, ESPECIALLY AFTER OVERHEATING. I'd bet 100% that if the head was machined....we would not be having this discussion, oh well. ya live and ya learn right

edit- Yeah i completely agree with you on the alum. head warping before anything happening to the block. too bad, i'd have for sure spent the 30bux tops milling head, save you another head job.

edit-Yeah i thought those guages were simply using the signal off of teh o2 and transverting the Voltage signal(wanting a fluctuating .1V-.9V) into a lighting of the appropriate light on guage.
Oh all is understood and i know this is probably the reason why is blew again... I don't knwo why we did'nt mill the head? We both knew i wanted to get the headgasket done right the first time. But whatever it's in the past, I don't blame Cody at all for any of the work done. He did what he did well... This time it'll be done better. New headbolts, Factory Isuzu headgasket and we're going to get he head machined. There are guys running 20+ psi of boost in this motor with the factory HG, headbolts and a freshly machined head. So it should be all good when done
Old 10-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #322
OK Head Mod

yeah marshall.. OEM O2 sensors can only read so much..wideband is neeeded to do any sort of proper tuning.. my A/F gauge gives me a vauge idea of what's going on, but not exactly accurate.

mods of the day...
set of new used tires put on(i figured the time had come as all 4 of my old ones had tread separating after smoking them off today)

de-installed my ractive plug wires.. the pieces of shit don't fit right and the spark was just randomly jumping around from the molded plastic boots being too long and loose, cleaned up my old ones and runs as good as new.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:06 PM   #323
RS Veteran

well I find een the narrowband A/F guages are good to tell you if you are running RICH or LEAN. if it's deep intot eh red.. It's prolly right.lol. Just not sure how much ha

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
Old 10-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #324
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by onetirefire
de-installed my ractive plug wires.. the pieces of shit don't fit right and the spark was just randomly jumping around from the molded plastic boots being too long and loose, cleaned up my old ones and runs as good as new.
why would you buy ractive anything?

threw in some Silvania Silverstar bulbs today. fuck of alot brighter than the old ones. Comming out of the bush last nite I had my high beams on and I still couldnt see the trail. could have been the beer goggles.... but Im sure the new bulbs will help.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:52 PM   #325
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
why would you buy ractive anything?
I didn't buy them.. a buddy of mine has a parts business, someone ordered them but didn't like the color.. so I borrowed them for the hell of it, but they are going right back to him.