REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 08-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #3851
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally posted by fourtirefire
The only reason I'm bringing it up is that after Geby's finally got his car to the finished stages and where he wants it to be, he's thinking of selling it soon after. Why not drive it for a year and enjoy all of the $ and effort he has into it before flipping it? Especially after not being able to enjoy it for the majority of the last year while it was being built.
man...at worst i'd get some shit beater and have that thing as a little show piece or a sunday cruiser...why put money into something and then sell it? u lose all of the money that goes into it pretty much
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #3852
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by G2Teggin
As jeff said, after all the hard earned dollars spent on it, long days and nights, and the sacrifices, NOTHING, and I mean. NOTHING will put a smile on my face the same way as driving my car does that I built.
hard days at work end the moment i turn the key.
but the people that get it, get it. and the people that dont, never will.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #3853
Okanagan Mod Team

Honestly, the smart people buy not build. The rest of us are idiots, but having a hell of a time throwing our hard earned cash down that bottomless pit that never seems to fill up.
92 240sx - 11.583 @ 120.72 mph - Ashcroft
05 Scion xB
Slo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #3854
RS Veteran

Lol no doubt, and I love throwing every penny down it hehe.

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #3855
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

on that note..time for a new turbo
13bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #3856
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Slo40
Honestly, the smart people buy not build. The rest of us are idiots, but having a hell of a time throwing our hard earned cash down that bottomless pit that never seems to fill up.
i agree with that to an extent. I love my s14. i purchased it with the sweet stereo that was in it. I would never throw that kinda cash at a stereo like this, so i bought the car with it thinkin hey, 2 birds, one stone.

However, i would never buy your 240sx. Not because it isnt a nice one, but because all the speed and power was put in by someone else, not me. Yeah it would be a fun ride, but in the end it wouldnt be the same because it wasnt me who did it.

Quote:
Originally posted by E N D L E S S

Yeah and if you fill up half tank v-power and then go fill the rest with chevron techron you got mad vtech power yo
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Therin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #3857
Banned for being an idiot

buying a pre built car is cool. You get all the mods for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. downside is, your learning the hard way all what was actually done to the car.. And sometimes you havr to go back and re-do things that were'nt done favorably the first time.

either way, no matter what I put into my car it dosent matter.. Because i want to be that guy that is 50 years old with his first "nice" car still in the garage. I do REALLY want a truck, but i'd never SELL my car to buy one.
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #3858
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

cars are an investment.....the people who lose money are just bad investors. If you choose to try and make a race car for the street then you arent that smart.....saying that most young guys are idiots.....Bikes are the smart way to go fast PERIOD....Mod of the day 02 750 motor swap and starting to fab rear subframe.
whitetalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #3859
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by whitetalon
cars are an investment.....the people who lose money are just bad investors.
I can't agree with that at all. Cars are a depreciating asset. If you make money, then you did great. But if you buy a car and hold onto it for a couple of years (like most people do) it is very unlikely that you will make money on it.

Cars are not an investment, they are a tool that depreciates.

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #3860

buy right and sell right......knowing the market and knowing which cars will hold value very well as well as being able to source a really good deal makes a smart investor. Buying new you will 99.9% of the time lose money but not always.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #3861
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

whitetalon, you seem like a smart person saying the wrong bullshit. If your buying a car to make money from it, then your not buying the car because you like it. All cars depreciate no matter what, the only time they are a REAL investment is when they are for business use.

Quote:
Originally posted by E N D L E S S

Yeah and if you fill up half tank v-power and then go fill the rest with chevron techron you got mad vtech power yo
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Therin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #3862
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

modded a busted rearend to the s10. having a diff shipped tomo.

Quote:
buy right and sell right......knowing the market and knowing which cars will hold value very well as well as being able to source a really good deal makes a smart investor. Buying new you will 99.9% of the time lose money but not always.
you drive a talon, not seeing how that is a "buy right" idea, how much do you have into your car? lol
'89 gixxer 750- parts possible future bike
'88 katana- black, missing guages fairing and a passenger seat, sexy
zumvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #3863
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
that's just flipping cars tho, not buying them to drive them and love them, of course you're going to make money, especially if you buy stuff from vancouver and sell it here
1990 Mercedes 300TE. Future daily
2000 Subaru Impreza. Broken, lady's daily
Delerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #3864
RS Veteran

Lol ya, we're talking about buying cars to actually enjoy and keep for a while. Not buy a car for it's selling potential

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #3865

Quote:
arent you still trying to sell that pos with paddle shifters and what not?
cmon now....

my "mod of the day" was a new huge aluminum rad.... no really its huuuge
Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #3866
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

got a new windshield put in

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #3867
My homepage has been set to RS

k&N filter, cut the carb springs, advanced the timing, modified the air-box some more and removed a few un-needed vacuum lines.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #3868

No I sold that and made money. You think your fwd ls integra is better than turbo awd? Some people dont mind losing money....If you think buying an integra and spending all your little bit of money on it and then losing it is smart, then keep up the good work. Ill see you in 15 yrs trying to sell honda/acura parts out of your integra which you will be sleeping in. I dont need to waste my time trying to fight with a dork. You may think Talon/eclipses are POS because you dont know how to maintain them or work on them. all cars need maintenance, the key is doing it right. or driving properly which I doubt you do. DATEG is smart and bought a bike....he will most likely have money when hes older ....you on the other hand wont. You will have a wicked cool integra which will pick up highschool chicks. Oh wait you arent worried about girls they are probably a waste of time to you.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffh
arent you still trying to sell that pos with paddle shifters and what not?
cmon now....

my "mod of the day" was a new huge aluminum rad.... no really its huuuge
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 AM   #3869
RS controls my life!

uh oh
2009 Honda Ruckus
007WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #3870

do you wake up in the mornings and make it your goal to look like a dummy on the internet. if you are really so much better, than why are you here talking with us.. us who "like picking up highschool chicks" and "wasting our time on integras".

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 08-30-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #3871

Quote:
No I sold that and made money. You think your fwd ls integra is better than turbo awd? Some people dont mind losing money....If you think buying an integra and spending all your little bit of money on it and then losing it is smart, then keep up the good work. Ill see you in 15 yrs trying to sell honda/acura parts out of your integra which you will be sleeping in. I dont need to waste my time trying to fight with a dork. You may think Talon/eclipses are POS because you dont know how to maintain them or work on them. all cars need maintenance, the key is doing it right. or driving properly which I doubt you do. DATEG is smart and bought a bike....he will most likely have money when hes older ....you on the other hand wont. You will have a wicked cool integra which will pick up highschool chicks. Oh wait you arent worried about girls they are probably a waste of time to you.
yes, i do think my integra is better than a talon. one week i can drag race, the next i will autoX and the next ill throw my entire DH mountain bike in the hatch. all the while i have had next to zero problems (yes i popped a rad drag racing) in a strait line its almost as fast as a decent talon would be, and you couldnt hope to touch me on an autoX course. all in a car that i built with my brains and the money i earned.
i cant see me sleeping in my car unless im at the track out of town, i think the condo i OWN is good for sleeping in, so dont talk to me about wise investments.
but yes, im not super wicked cool like yourself, so i may end up losing a couple grand if i decide to sell the integra. but once again, it is getting more and more a dedicated competition car, so selling it wont be such a high prority. as for my driving? c'mon now, your being stupid again. this is jeffh your talking to here.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #3872

I dont see many integras running 7.5seconds in the 1/4 and still being driven to work and back. do you not think they make awesome suspension for DSM's? try keeping up with a 450hp talon with eibach toyo t1s and stock brakes with hawk pads? it wont happen in autox 1/4 or track. you call my car a POS? its worth double your car so Im guessing your car would be a bigger POS.

Mod of the day Polished my frame on my 03 gsxr 750

mod of the day to the talon- welded on my flange to my 3" exhaust for my new 57 trim.

mod of the day for the audi - new tires

Im sure lots of the guys on here are nice but everytime I see a post that pisses me off I have to speak my mind. Maybe I am a dick but thats mostly because I have a different opinion and Im not afraid to express it.

ask anyone what they would rather own

95 talon
19" 235/35 toyo t1s
eibach with kyb agx
awd
black with no door dings!
99 eclipse conversion
3" turbo back
680cc injectors
57 trim turbo
huge! FMIC
2.5" aluminum piping
fuel management
tan leather
alpine stereo
extra set of 18" wheels + 17" wheels for winter
tubular exhaust manifold
45 mm external wastegate
etc etc etc

or your
supercharged Ls Integra
Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #3873

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
do you wake up in the mornings and make it your goal to look like a dummy on the internet. if you are really so much better, than why are you here talking with us.. us who "like picking up highschool chicks" and "wasting our time on integras".
I am different then you and maybe Im stubborn because I think alot of the shit you say is stupid and annoying to read! just because I act like an ass to people I dont like on the internet
doesnt mean I act this way to everyone. quite the opposite.

I respect people who respect me and I always start off by respecting the other person till they give me a reason not to.

I am definetly not an dummy and couldnt care less what you think of me as I think very little of you. you drive a girls car and you think your rims make it nice. thats your opinion and I dont respect you for it.

I put you and jeff H on the same level as impulse RS
Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #3874

Quote:
I dont see many integras running 7.5seconds in the 1/4 and still being driven to work and back. do you not think they make awesome suspension for DSM's? try keeping up with a 450hp talon with eibach toyo t1s and stock brakes with hawk pads? it wont happen in autox 1/4 or track. you call my car a POS? its worth double your car so Im guessing your car would be a bigger POS.
thats funny, theres a 7 second civic or 2 out there. and why waste my time chasing a 450hp plow machine when this weekend im after a 500 whp v710 shod 240sx ? eiback springs with kyb agx? holy shit !! id better be scared. really tho, your car is camber deficient, proven to be not competetive in anything but drag racing and its ugly and unreliable.
i wont bother posting my suspension setup, but i assure you it is far far superior to any spring strut combo. and for toyo t1s? i really hope you are joking, either that or you have no clue what makes a good tire.
and your shopping list of mods? who cares, i have times and results to back my car up.
keep flapping off, because no one cares
Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #3875

oh man AGX Eibach AND T1-S's!!! it's all over. you win

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 08-30-2007 at 12:05 PM.