REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated B View Post
It is amazing how big LuLulemon has become now. Myself and others did a marketing work for the owner months and months before he opened up the company. To say the least, he did use some of our ideas. At the time, I was giving the owner sugesstions on improving his website. While, others were focusing on how to market his products as well, give ideas as to what he could expand and capture in.

What are you doing on RS? Shouldn't you be helping Mr. W expand to USA + UK + Asia ?
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I think alot of their stuff is overpriced. However I do own multiple articles of clothing from them...
shorts, pants, shirts, jackets...

It seems alot of their products are hit and miss.

Shorts are cut really weird...
Hoodies are very comfortable and will last for years...
Sweats.. they are a bit long
shirts... standard.. but i love UA more...
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
lulu has great stuff for men and women.. I bless them everytime I see clients and girls walk in in their pants... droool.. Their mens stuff is pretty nice too, but as much as I like their stuff, I don't think I could ever justify spending that much money on their clothes.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I have a couple of shirts, and one short, and one pant. Really comfortable; however, with their increase push into other areas such as outdoor jackets, I find their quality isn't as great as it used to be.

They should just stick to what they know best (yoga/workout), but of course, in this day and age they have to expand so I don't blame them. However, the stuff I have is over 5 years old and I still wear it today and the quality is still great. But of course, they don't have that shirt that I bought over 5 years ago anymore. It's mostly cotton mixed with stretch lycra of some sort. I don't know exactly which one I have, but it's unfortunate as is definitely a nice material.

Pricing wise, it is way more expensive than some other stuff (even back then).
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
I have a few things from LL, and agree their pricing is too high for most stuff. I would never buy shirts and shorts from LL, as UA is about 1/2 the price when ordered from EastBay.com.

I have 2 LL jackets, both were < $150, which I thought was a bargain as comparable jackets from NorthFace are much more.

I have a pair of the LL smash pants, most comfortable and stylish athletic I've ever owned. Plus women compliment them all the time. Sucks they are $100, otherwise I would have bought 3 pairs.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
I have several pieces of LL clothing. Their styling has gone a little awry over the past couple of seasons, but their stuff still fits well. The outlet is always a crapshoot (especially if you aren't XXL), but sometimes you get lucky and find a one-of-a-kind sample in M/L.

The only company that comes close to making anything remotely stylish and functional is Nike (at least when it comes to running gear.) For example, Nike still charges 80+ for a zip-up running shirt; at that price, you might as well get LL.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Shorts are cut really weird...
They have more than one pair of shorts to choose from. Most shorts are designed to fit "hockey butt" aka big glutes. Most active people will have large glutes because it is such a large muscle group in the legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Sweats.. they are a bit long
lululemon offers complimentary hemming at all of their store locations.

UNDER ARMOUR:
To each his own, but Under Armour and lululemon's main fabric "luon" are completely different. lululemon's luon has a much less lycra content and thus doesn't provide as much muscle support.

If you guys are a fan of UA's signature fabric, try lululemon's luxtreme a try. It is a little closer than luon.

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #33
RS Veteran

ya the problem with UA is that it is strictly aimed at performance and sports.. with lulu lemon, I like a lot of their casual wear which can be worn while grocery shopping, or going for a run or even hitting the gym. With UA, when you wear it, it looks like you are ready for "GAME TIME" lol.

Nike is a good in between, moreseo for girls than guys though.

For hockey and sports, I will stick to UA.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #34
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ haha totally agree w/ the UA comment.
I was just at sportchek today and a quick browse nothing from UA seems to be casual wear at all
Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #35
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
^ haha totally agree w/ the UA comment.
I was just at sportchek today and a quick browse nothing from UA seems to be casual wear at all
they do have some plain ts and long sleeves etc... the ones that come in the box. but the logo just throws the apparel off when trying to wear it with jeans.

On a side note.. their underwear looks super comfy.. but I am not going to spend 30 bucks a pop on ginches...

ok back on topic with lulu...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #36
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
Ive worn Lululemon once but have never been called "gay". The clothes may be expensive and rarely go on sale but it lasts like forever.

and the last time i checked.. sequins and tin foil were gayer than a yoga logo.. and its 3 times more expensive.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Honestly the best sweats ever, I have four hoodies and three pairs of sweat pants.

Oh and the boxers are worth it, have a pair for every day of the week.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

I got a lulu jacket.. its so comfy haha but its a little expensive.. (i bought a gift card and got like 20 or 30 bucks off )

but no I am not gay and yes I have a gf to prove otherwise..

On another note.. Iv actually had 3 random strangers come up to me on seperate occasions complement me on my jacket (they like my lime green zipper)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #39
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I own 4 pairs of Lululemon pants, and 1 long sleeve. By far the comfiest pants I own. Never had a problem with being called gay when wearing it.
BWAHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #40
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
Honestly the best sweats ever, I have four hoodies and three pairs of sweat pants.

Oh and the boxers are worth it, have a pair for every day of the week.
are we still on the topic of lulu here or UA?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #41
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
I got a lulu jacket.. its so comfy haha but its a little expensive.. (i bought a gift card and got like 20 or 30 bucks off )

but no I am not gay and yes I have a gf to prove otherwise..

On another note.. Iv actually had 3 random strangers come up to me on seperate occasions complement me on my jacket (they like my lime green zipper)
Shiettt I've been seeing a couple of chicks wear like a lime green/grey hoodie! Anyone know if they have anything with those colours for guys cuz i really want to get a green coloured one!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #42
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

from a girl's point of view..
some guys in lululemon actually look decent

but depends on your age lol....

you should show pix of the pants and the cap!
yarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Best sweat pants by far.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
are we still on the topic of lulu here or UA?
Lulu

But I own UA boxer briefs too, I wear those for sport (running and conditioning) when I don't need compression shorts w/ jock. Lulu boxers are great for everyday.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #45
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Word to the wise, DONT go into the change room while waiting for a friend/girlfriend/wife. I made the mistake while going with my wife.

There are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many girls that shouldn't be wearing those pants. For the 1 or 2 that it looked good on, the other 8 just burned in my eyes.. I felt sick after. NOT worth it.

On another note, these things shouldn't even be worn out in public unless you're doing yoga/exercising.
abdulclamwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #46
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker View Post
Word to the wise, DONT go into the change room while waiting for a friend/girlfriend/wife. I made the mistake while going with my wife.

There are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many girls that shouldn't be wearing those pants. For the 1 or 2 that it looked good on, the other 8 just burned in my eyes.. I felt sick after. NOT worth it.

On another note, these things shouldn't even be worn out in public unless you're doing yoga/exercising.
tell that to the 10000000000000 girls that wear it grocery shopping etc.. thing is.. I can understand why people do wear it while doing errands etc.. It looks good and they are damn comfy... IMO, I don't see anythign wrong with them.. they are no different than wearing sweats and a t shirt (what used to be the staple of workout gear), but just look better too. But you are right, 80% of girls should not wear form fitting clothing.

The guys that look good wearing lulu are athletic guys.. beach volleyball player builds... if you are too buff, itll make you look kind of .. err.. homo... if you are lanky as whit... no matter how small a size you get, it will be hanging off of you.

oh ya, and if you ugly, don't bother... Have any of you ever seen the same shirt on 2 different people? A good looking guy/girl can make anything look good. lol