REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #401
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
le summer wheels!

Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #402
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
what kinda wheels are those and how much were they?

they look pretty nice
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #403
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
similar to these

corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #404
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

FINALLY.

dual cases. 2.28 x 2.56 so i've got 5.8:1 in double low. i'll install them in the spring. 10 degrees clocked and a custom cross member that i have to fab frame mounts for so i'm going to try to tuck it up as far as i can without cutting up my floor or doing a body lift. woooohooooooooo
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #405
Survivor MOD

^ naice

sas'd with portal axles would be sick to go with the dual t-case setup
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #406
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

portal axles have the reduction in the portal boxes, so you'll already have an insanely low crawl ratio without duals. i know that because my friend picked up clark hurst industrial axles (portals). they have the weirdest 6 bolt lug pattern you'll ever see
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #407
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

phone camera lens was dirty

el cheapo rota's 16x8 6x139.7 +10

they clear!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #408
Survivor MOD

looks great man
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #409
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

are those TE37X?

piiiimp...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #410
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

naaa, el cheap rota's. i couldnt find a set of te37s in north america for a good price. most likely backordered japan.

hey narfy, the cars in awesome condition. finally had a good look under the car, a couple spots of rust, but was expecting far worse for its age. you took good care of her, ill keep the same up.

i put the toyo's on the rotas, and got a set of bridgestone winters for the oems

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #411

AWESOME! i like it when people take good care of cars i did teh same with.
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #412
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #413
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

oem depo headlights, retrofit hidsource bixenon projectors w/ e46 shrouds.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #414

Nice...
Posted via RS Mobile
PinoyDrifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #415
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

lights warning up

the cut off

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #416
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Looking to pick up a new SUV this year or early next year and I feel as I am not "fully exposed" to all the big cars out there aside from Chevrolet (been driving chevy for years). With this being said, do you guys mind suggesting me some of YOUR favorite SUV models (preferably new models) and a reason why!
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #417

All depends on what you are planning on using SUV for.
Posted via RS Mobile
PinoyDrifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #418
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss6o4 View Post
Looking to pick up a new SUV this year or early next year and I feel as I am not "fully exposed" to all the big cars out there aside from Chevrolet (been driving chevy for years). With this being said, do you guys mind suggesting me some of YOUR favorite SUV models (preferably new models) and a reason why!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyDrifta View Post
All depends on what you are planning on using SUV for.
Posted via RS Mobile
^hes got a point, depends on what you're looking for.

gonna be biased and throw it out there, for a new suv, 4runner.

the xterra hasnt been updated in a long while and i personally am not a fan of the looks.

4runners got a rear locking diff, rear solid axle, body on frame, skid plates, decent ground clearance, proper transfer case with 4lo and 4hi and other features were designed for off roading like the high air intake (i've driven mine with water to the bottom of the headlights numerous times). the fj cruiser has similar characteristics but i personally never really like the blindspots and the suicide door to get into the rear.

alot of hardcore off roaders will knock the front IFS but honestly if you're looking for something to cruise fsr's and do easy trails with its a good choice to go with.

pathfinder has gone unibody and independent suspension as has the explorer so i would rule those out.

if you're wanting to go american i'd get the jeep wrangler in rubicon trim. electronic sway bar disconnect with front and rear lockers. whats not to like? decent ground clearance and a retarded amount of aftermarket accessories to mod to your hearts content.

bottom line:

if you're going for a family vehicle to have fun in the outdoor i would opt for a 4runner, preferably in trail edition trim.

if you're looking to build up a crawler able to handle all that the trails can throw at you then go with the jeep wrangler.

my 4runner as it currently stands:

planned future mods:
heavy duty armor
sliders
dual battery setup
lights
suspension lift
front winch bumper
rear winch bumper with swing out spare tire carrier
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #419
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
The fact that you haven't torn your running boards off yet is a sure sign you're not wheeling it hard enough.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #420
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
The fact that you haven't torn your running boards off yet is a sure sign you're not wheeling it hard enough.
actually this is my second set

edit:

i destroyed the entire front passenger side and my running boards with about $3000 worth of damage

let's just say the next time i need to cross a 12 foot wide washout with a make shift log bridge i'm gonna get someone else to go across first
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #421
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanks for the insight as the 4runner is the only non-american car I have been doing research on - and so far i'm liking it! The second car I am looking at is the 2013 Chevy Avalanche...heard good things about it and with $9500 off tagged price (2013 is its last year for the Avalanche) it's quite an offer.
I don't necessarily have a "use" for it other than driving around town and that occasional "offroading" in my back ally way haha. I'm more interested in just overall craftsmanship of the vehicle (ie. safety, reliability, comfort, torque....etc). Price wise, defiantly nothing over 50K. Thanks guys.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #422
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss6o4 View Post
Thanks for the insight as the 4runner is the only non-american car I have been doing research on - and so far i'm liking it! The second car I am looking at is the 2013 Chevy Avalanche...heard good things about it and with $9500 off tagged price (2013 is its last year for the Avalanche) it's quite an offer.
I don't necessarily have a "use" for it other than driving around town and that occasional "offroading" in my back ally way haha. I'm more interested in just overall craftsmanship of the vehicle (ie. safety, reliability, comfort, torque....etc). Price wise, defiantly nothing over 50K. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
just picked me up a 99 4runner ltd grocery getter!

the only offroad action this baby will see is the crappy unpaved rear alley way of our home! watch her articulate thru a 4inch deep pothole!

sounds like the avalanche will do just what you need it to as well, although isnt the avalanche more of a truck than an suv?

whatever you decide on make sure you go test drive it more than once

see if you can find a dealer willing to let you take it on a bit of dirt
Old 05-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #423
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Picked up a 97 4Runner last night. It has no offroad damage to speak of, only Richmond damage. A-ok with me because I consider cars and light standards to be good practice for hitting rocks and trees.

Fully loaded including locker and only 188,000 km's.

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #424
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
Was that you this morning on Fraser and 12th. I was in my red corolla.
Posted via RS Mobile
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #425
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

company car. i just like showing off the background. has xenons, intake, remote starter, front tint, bunch of emergency supplies, laptop holder, etc.

love the V6 power
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20130319-00216.jpg (88.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Autorice; 05-18-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: didn't upload photo...
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote