REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Good Pool Halls (https://www.revscene.net/forums/28966-good-pool-halls.html)

CKMack 02-19-2002 07:25 AM

Good Pool Halls

ok can anyone tell me where some new pool halls are? I'm tired of going to the same places. Let's say in Vancouver, Burnaby and Richmond since I normally don't drive that far to shoot pool :D

Eclypz 02-19-2002 09:35 AM

for richmond i usually go to oscars...i live close by...and they have nice tables....not to mention it avoids damn 3 road.

CKMack 02-19-2002 12:35 PM

Where is it in RIchmond?

Quote:

Originally posted by Eclypz
for richmond i usually go to oscars...i live close by...and they have nice tables....not to mention it avoids damn 3 road.

digito-X 02-19-2002 12:44 PM

oscar's is on steveston and no.4 rd

CivicBlues 02-19-2002 12:49 PM

i've only been to oscar's once like 2 years ago when it just opened..it was:rolleyes:

i used to be a harsh hotshots rat back in the day but know i just go to places closer to where i live and less outlandish... mostly cue, poolyard

Eclypz 02-19-2002 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digito-X
oscar's is on steveston and no.4 rd
in the same lot as the Red Hot XXX...there, now u won't miss it:D

pinkbuggy 02-19-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CivicBlues
i've only been to oscar's once like 2 years ago when it just opened..it was:rolleyes:

i used to be a harsh hotshots rat back in the day but know i just go to places closer to where i live and less outlandish... mostly cue, poolyard

hotshotz.. yea..! ^_^

Chooman 02-19-2002 07:39 PM

Top Ten on hastings in North Burnaby. After their recent renovations it looks awesome there.

giCe 02-19-2002 07:58 PM

hotshot is and will always be the best place to play... for 8/9 balls anywayz

gramser57 02-19-2002 10:55 PM

robs billiard downtown, starlight, commodore

InvisibleSoul 02-20-2002 04:37 AM

I used to play pool quite a bit... a few times a week... but now, hardly ever. Haven't gone in months now... I guess pretty much ever since my GF quit working at Hot Shots...

{InvisibleSoul}

!Mpower 02-20-2002 06:48 AM

how is Starlite nowadays? back a few summers, I remember it's as well lit as a supermarket and tables were half decent. it just feels like some shady character is going to blow a gun across the whole place -but that's just stereotyping it :p j/k

CKMack 02-20-2002 07:07 AM

hahahaha thanks for the directions!

Quote:

Originally posted by Eclypz

in the same lot as the Red Hot XXX...there, now u won't miss it:D

CKMack 02-20-2002 07:09 AM

I was there a few weeks ago and it's still very ghetto hahaha Cheap though. :)

Quote:

Originally posted by Mpower
how is Starlite nowadays? back a few summers, I remember it's as well lit as a supermarket and tables were half decent. it just feels like some shady character is going to blow a gun across the whole place -but that's just stereotyping it :p j/k

CKMack 02-20-2002 07:09 AM

hmmmm so no one knows of a good place in downtown or yaletown?

ferragamo8055 02-20-2002 09:36 AM

Oscars Billiards is ok. the tables are JUST A BIT to high for regulation. but the owner is cool. Oscars Billiards was picked to be one of the top billiards in North America in 2000, along with my home billiards... Barley's Billiards Downtown (Atlanta, GA). :D

HotShots is not bad either. the tables are i bit too close, and most of the tables have rolls (unlevel) here and there.

Cues in Vancouver, off Broadway and Oak? (i think)... is a nice place.

i didn't like Poolyard too much. the smell of the place was kinda wierd.... like it was a REALLY old building. i really didn't like the setup of the place. and the tables are really crappy there. also... i think the tables there are only 8 footers.

hmmm... i haven't been to one in downtown yet. to me... i'd play at Hot Shots (cause the owner suckered me into getting a membership) or Oscars.

G_Man604 02-20-2002 10:02 AM

ferragamo! ur a cheater! hahaha :D

SweetKisses 02-20-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CKMack
I was there a few weeks ago and it's still very ghetto hahaha Cheap though. :)
ya..i think that starlite and top ten are pretty ghetto places to play pool

CivicBlues 02-20-2002 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ferragamo8055

i didn't like Poolyard too much. the smell of the place was kinda wierd.... like it was a REALLY old building. i really didn't like the setup of the place. and the tables are really crappy there. also... i think the tables there are only 8 footers.

actually if you go back there now they have new balls and cues and refelted the tables
its pretty nice now

Obsideon 02-20-2002 10:06 PM

Where's ah Robb?!

Good ole' Shots, back then it was just hanging out there like 24/7 .. haven't been there in months now... hrm... I wonder if my membership expired yet or anything..

Azn Lude Boi 02-21-2002 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSiR
Where's ah Robb?!

Good ole' Shots, back then it was just hanging out there like 24/7 .. haven't been there in months now... hrm... I wonder if my membership expired yet or anything..

i've seen u at hot shots a lot

i luv that place.

CKMack 02-22-2002 06:41 AM

Well I think I'm going to be checking some of these new to me places soon.

Anyone in a billiards club? I'm looking at joining in a club and playing once a week or whatever. :)

Nintensity 01-02-2009 09:15 PM

I just wanted to bump this up because I didn't want to use a search function.

I'm trying to find Hotshots now, but I think that It might've closed down.
I did a Google Map search on this place. Nada. nothing.

Oscars Billiards, they're still around, but its so damn far from my house as its in the far south side of Richmond just off of No. 4.

Has anybody had any experience with Star Lite Billiards?

Also, I remember going to Cues on Broadway and Oak. Is that place still around, or are they closed for good?

And how much do they usually charge on average per game? My sis said that for 2 games, its usually pretty pricyyy =(

blacK20 01-02-2009 11:06 PM

Cue is gone. Hotshots has changed owners long time ago. It's called something else now.

Obsideon 01-02-2009 11:32 PM

Holy 6 year old thread Batman!

Cue is long gone.

Hot Shots changed names like twice already. Called High Break now? Drove by a few weeks ago.