REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

View Poll Results: Sexiest of the AGLY guys?
TigerSY 20 7.63%
SBassBOI 10 3.82%
CivicBlues 54 20.61%
Monster Hui 70 26.72%
CKMack 24 9.16%
Ronin 84 32.06%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2002, 02:45 AM   #1026
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerSY

I wanna be scared shitless, I need some really haunting tales!
hmm..come on people...we have to get these stories going~! we'll need a lot to scare Mr. Tiger boi here
Advertisement
Ichigo_Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 12:03 PM   #1027

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportAngel
Oh..here's a legend i heard from a friend

In Japanese tradition, some aristocratic people owned the traditional children's doll (the dolls were usually dolls of girls with black hair and in the kimono) Anyways, a long time ago, they became a collector's item. The better condition they were in, the moe good luck you were suppose to get so many masters and people of nobility would take care of them so well that eventually, they develop a spiritual bond with their dolls. When the masters die, their spirits are so bonded with the dolls that they possess the dolls. As a result, their soul continues to live on INSIDE the dolls. Some people have reported owning these dolls when they notice that their dolls' hair started growing longer every year...
Oh...in relation to the Japanese doll story:

When my friend was young, he had lived in Japan for all his life. One day, his parents took him to a local restaurant in which the whole restaurant was decorated with those traditional japanese dolls. All the shelves were lined with them. My friend felt kind of uncomfortable seeing all those dolls there but his parents just said to forget about it. Reluctantly, my friend just sat quietly and ate his dinner. Later on during the night, he starts to feel quite sick. The doctor prescribed some modern medicine to him but it didn't work that well so he visited a family friend, who was a priestess or doctor that practiced ancient medicine (sorry..i forgot the name of them). The priestess observed my friend for a while and she finally concluded that the spirit of the dolls were making him sick. She said that she saw "dolls that clung to his back", which were making him sick. After performing a ritual, he suddenly felt much better because "she had made the dolls let go".

weird....
Old 01-10-2002, 01:11 PM   #1028
RS Veteran

i went to strathcona elementary for preschool i think.. eeks >.< good thing i quit early on!
Old 01-10-2002, 01:21 PM   #1029
RS Veteran

Quote:

hmm..come on people...we have to get these stories going~! we'll need a lot to scare Mr. Tiger boi here
vls scary places tour night?
cdnav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 03:26 PM   #1030
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

yeah..but some of them actually look quite nice too
have u ppl seen those figures made out of paper? and they use em at chinese funerals?

shit now THOSE ARE SCARY
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:02 PM   #1031
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally posted by digito-X
ooh scary stories hehehe my fave

i have one.. true one from my childhood. when i was about 3 or 4, my family moved to this apartment on Dundas rd in east van. we didn't live their for long because we soon found out that we weren't the only ones living there. on many nights i would wake up to someone pinching me, trying to get me to play with him/her. being really young and a heavy sleeper i always thought it was just my older sister. i never told my parents, but i did complain to my grandma and when she told my parents, my mom and dad told her that my older sister never woke up in the middle of the night. she's a heavy sleeper too. also on several mornings the TV would be turned on even though my parents distinctly remember turning it off before going to bed. of course by now they started to suspect something. so my dad went out and got one of those protection papers to stick over the doorway (chinese: "fu"). the day after he put it up, it was found to be taken down. soon after my parents decided to just get the heck outta there.
eekz that's freaky!
so does that mean those "Fu's" don't work? they're just superstition?
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:07 PM   #1032

Re: oh yeah~!

Quote:
Here's a story that i heard from my friend

He says it's a chinese myth:

You're suppose to go into a very dark room (pitch black) and stand in front a mirror. You must place a single candle in front of the mirror. So now, you have the candle in front of you and the mirror behind it. You take an apple and peel it with your fingernail while looking at the reflection in the mirror. (You have to make sure that you're peeling just away the skin and not any part of the apple itself). If you could peel one strip around the apple without ripping the thin skin, you would have your wish come true. If not, you will be lucky and just have bad luck for a while..but if you're not lucky..something will jump out of the mirror...
I heard of this before.
now WHO's gonna do that? that's just TOO scary. who'd do that JUST to prove it wrong and that it's not true?
Old 01-10-2002, 04:10 PM   #1033
HELP ME PLS!!!

Re: Re: oh yeah~!

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer

I heard of this before.
now WHO's gonna do that? that's just TOO scary. who'd do that JUST to prove it wrong and that it's not true?
Hmm heh never done it with an apple.. but I was eating other stuff during a black out we had a few months ago.. holding a candle to the mirror by accident.. and nobody else was home..

Nothing happened Except my reflection was kinda weird
Old 01-10-2002, 04:14 PM   #1034
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

anybody heard any scary stories about Van Tech?
Dynamite-Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:20 PM   #1035

Quote:
does anybody know stories of Burnaby mountain or SFU? i heard there were some good ones...
My friends have told me this story about Bby Mtn before. I'm not sure if it's true 'cuz I wasn't with them when it happened. 3 years ago or so, my friend had a bday party so he and his friends went up to Bby Mtn. They were all high + drunk...so i dunno if they actually saw it. They went up to find the "cabin". He said that they saw the cabin and ran back to their cars. There's actually a story that goes with it, but I dunno how the story goes. It's only supposed to appear at night.

So one day in the summer of gr12 (yr 2000), my friends 'n I went up to Bby Mtn for the hell of it...in the daytime (haha). We wanted to see if we could see the cabin. We got to this part where there was yellow police tape taped around trees. That's where my friend said that they went through. We didn't go that way so we went a diff way. What would've happened if we went that way? I dunno. But in the end, we didn't see it. We didn't wanna keep on going to prove the story wrong...
Old 01-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #1036

Re: Re: Re: oh yeah~!

Quote:
Nothing happened Except my reflection was kinda weird
naaaawww...it's all in your head...
Old 01-10-2002, 04:24 PM   #1037

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch 28 DuDe
those dolls are freaky looking
YUCK! those dolls freak me out! heck, any of those "real life" dolls are all scary! y'know, those ones with a porceline (sp?) face and stuff? >_<
Old 01-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #1038
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

YUCK! those dolls freak me out! heck, any of those "real life" dolls are all scary! y'know, those ones with a porceline (sp?) face and stuff? >_<
Heh.. we all know what to get you for your birfday now.. massive amounts of these dolls.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:16 PM   #1039

Quote:
Heh.. we all know what to get you for your birfday now.. massive amounts of these dolls.

no dolls!
Old 01-10-2002, 06:11 PM   #1040
i like gifs

Quote:

oh yeah those porceline dolls!!!

omg, those are fcuken freaky, cuz all der faces are da same and iono da ghost movies out der make em look scary..
Old 01-10-2002, 06:12 PM   #1041
i like gifs

Quote:

My friends have told me this story about Bby Mtn before. I'm not sure if it's true 'cuz I wasn't with them when it happened. 3 years ago or so, my friend had a bday party so he and his friends went up to Bby Mtn. They were all high + drunk...so i dunno if they actually saw it. They went up to find the "cabin". He said that they saw the cabin and ran back to their cars. There's actually a story that goes with it, but I dunno how the story goes. It's only supposed to appear at night.

So one day in the summer of gr12 (yr 2000), my friends 'n I went up to Bby Mtn for the hell of it...in the daytime (haha). We wanted to see if we could see the cabin. We got to this part where there was yellow police tape taped around trees. That's where my friend said that they went through. We didn't go that way so we went a diff way. What would've happened if we went that way? I dunno. But in the end, we didn't see it. We didn't wanna keep on going to prove the story wrong...
u didn't mention wuts so special about dis 'cabin'....

wow a cabin
Old 01-11-2002, 12:03 AM   #1042
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:08 AM   #1043

Quote:

wow a cabin
yeah...but i dont' understand why there would be a cabin up on burnaby mountain i would love to see that~!

n e wayz..i heard that there was this one part of SFU that's built over an Indian graveyard (sorry~! I forgot which part). Once every year during a full moon, the Indians would practice a ritual in which they would sacrifice an animal (a coyote, bear, etc) and throw it into a bonfire. After that, the burnt animals and the remains would be burried along with the Indian people in this graveyard. Now, some part of SFU is built over this graveyard. If you happen to be in that part of the building during a full moon, you can see hallucinations of the ritual being performed in your head. And if you're lucky..you may even have an encounter....
Old 01-11-2002, 02:25 AM   #1044
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

yeah...but i dont' understand why there would be a cabin up on burnaby mountain i would love to see that~!

n e wayz..i heard that there was this one part of SFU that's built over an Indian graveyard (sorry~! I forgot which part). Once every year during a full moon, the Indians would practice a ritual in which they would sacrifice an animal (a coyote, bear, etc) and throw it into a bonfire. After that, the burnt animals and the remains would be burried along with the Indian people in this graveyard. Now, some part of SFU is built over this graveyard. If you happen to be in that part of the building during a full moon, you can see hallucinations of the ritual being performed in your head. And if you're lucky..you may even have an encounter....
Yes! Free freak show, how much better can it get?
Old 01-11-2002, 03:34 AM   #1045
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Okay, my video thread wasn't really working, so... I'll just post up video links here...

To-Ya Conversing at a Conference Table and Impromptu Photoshoot

{InvisibleSoul}
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 03:36 AM   #1046
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Gah (Go) Informal Music Video

{InvisibleSoul}
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 03:39 PM   #1047
i like gifs

Quote:

Yes! Free freak show, how much better can it get?

hahahaha
yeah it can't get any better then that lol

OR just eat sum shrooms and den walk along downtown at nite, now DAS a freak show lol
Old 01-11-2002, 08:57 PM   #1048
i like gifs

TTT

comon ppl, share ur stories!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:04 PM   #1049

Quote:
wow a cabin
*shrugs* I still don't know the story that goes behind it yet! Someday, I will... -__- It must be freaky tho (?)
Old 01-11-2002, 10:48 PM   #1050
i like gifs

TTT