REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #51
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

both is good .
Advertisement
NaVBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
I bought a 600 (05 RR) as my first bike, went through my first full season without dropping it once...as well, you could easily be in your third season with a nicer bike, rush a parking job or pulling out and drop your bike...although I agree that it is more likely to occur in your first season!

what I would urge you is to NOT GO CHEAP on lessons, I attended pacific and it was great ($600 + tax from what I recall).

I would argue that most ppl who purchase bikes want to look good amongst other reasons...anyone who sais otherwise is not being honest, so in that respect it is hard to try to convince someone to buy a used/old 250 or whatever...it was for me anyways...+ I'm not big on buying and selling to only re-buy what I originally wanted.

The key is to ride safe, not jump lanes, not ride in the bike lane or cut between cars, use what you learn such as lane position and defensive riding, not try the sea to sky following your first month, and practicing everyday, ride within ur means and so on...

check out bcsporbikes.com under the new riders forum for helpful tips.

For practice I recommend taking W. 4th to the UBC highway starting in May and back to experiment with comfort in relation to speed in your first few weeks, not much traffic as school is out except for summer classes, and nice long and open roads with little or no traffic (that is if you live on the W. side).

GSX-Rs are sexy, my buddy and I swap once in a while!!!
I went to Pacific too. It was totally worth it. Take a look at Luce's pi avatar... it means alot when you're riding.
s13_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Why are you asking when your name clearly says R6.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Better yet, why would a 4 yr old thread get bumped?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Better yet, why would a 4 yr old thread get bumped?
That's how bored I was.. haha!
s13_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #56
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I wonder if buddy ended up buying a bike.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
Must be funny when he sees his psychiatrist for treatment of his delusions of grandeur.

Hyde: "See my black Ferrari parked in the handicapped spot outside your office"
Doctor: "Where? All I see is a Yaris."
Hyde: "It's a Ferrari dammit! LoL! Yaris!?"
Doctor: " I'd appreciate if you didn't park in the handicap spots."
Hyde: "LOL! The ticket is only like $500 bucks. In fact, my dad's factory makes the handicapped street signs. If you look closely at vegetable in the wheelchair, it's really a picture of me when I was born."
Doctor: "Here, come a little closer you won't feel this at all."<Injects 20cc of Haloperidol>
Hyde: "I feel woozy...hey, what did you do to my Ferrari? That's a real piece of shit parked in my spot."
Doctor: "Welcome to reality."
Guy_LikeWhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #57
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

iv rode both and like them both.600s are all good ,for most riders our skills arent good enough to wring out every drop of what they have to offer.try and ride both if possible b4 u buy.but either is a wicked first bike.
gsxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #58
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i would say the same thing as most others already have

take a ride on each one if you have your license. i personally (biased) like CBR's because of the undertail exhaust

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #59
I STILL don't get it

honda's more forgiving imo... for street i'd choose the honda, for track i'd prolly take the R6...

u gotta hit redline to reach your max HP on the yammy..... which is not that often at all on the roads......
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #60
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

both are good for sure! i'd take my RR over any yammy though. All comes down to personal preference. Im not a big guy and can throw the new style 600rr around no problem, its significantly lighter than any other 600 in its class. The 600rr was made for the track, not comfort like the R6......
d00zie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #61
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
^ r6s feel more uncomfortable than RRs imo. the seating position feels awkward as hell when you're not tucked in. i find that gixxers are by far the most comfy.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #62
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
^ r6s feel more uncomfortable than RRs imo. the seating position feels awkward as hell when you're not tucked in. i find that gixxers are by far the most comfy.
^this charlie, but the 6 is nimbler than the rr, rr's are very good for all around every day stuff though if i was just going here to there i'd have an rr or the gixxer for the comfort...its hard for any one thats not a track racer to come to the limit of any of the bikes any way though
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote