REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

wow thats hardcore shit unless you want to Hulk up. too much to focus on.

This is my schedule

Sunday Tuesday Thursday Saturday work out days.

Sunday, wake up, eat whatever. 3 pm, work out, after that Whey Protein

Tuesday, go to work at 7am, eat as much as I can, 2pm, Drink 500 Calories of Mass Weight gain, 3 pm, eat a Banana. 4pm get home work for 1 hour 30 minutes. AFter that drink Whey Protein, then eat dinner, then i go sleep.

Been doing this for around 8 months, I added somewhere between 15 to 20 pounds of pure muscle. was 130 pounds in june 07, was 155 in Jan 08, 2 weeks ago I went down to 151. This is comming from someone who does not eat meat . Plays ice hockey etc etc.

gonna add more muscle for the hockey season Pich VIHL
Advertisement
rippinkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #27
I am Hook'd on RS

I've worked at GNC for a few years in the past and you know what worked for me? Carbs in the morning and lots of chiken and rice. Make your meals liek a backwards pyramid. Eat like a king at breakfast and eat very little at night, dont eat past 5 and no snacking. Obeying these rules will make you start t oloose some weight fast.
As for protien and what not a scoop or two a day works for me, i dont take any isolates anymore, jus make sure to eat well and take a multivitamine and some greens. I box 3 times a week and go to ju jitsu 2 days a week which is good cardio. I hit the gym at lunch maybe 3 days a week. I dont over train i just keep it simple and stick to what i know and keep it up and its workin great.
If your thinking about taking diretics like hydroxycut and what not id say not too. The reason for this is its basically like a bunch of caffine in your diet which in the end restrics blood flow to the brain. Try having a crazy workout while taking these pills! UNLESS you buy them from the states... They have Yohimbe in them which almost works kind of like ephadrin which was banned a few years back. This attacks fat tissues that are hard to get at and works very well in conjunction with caffine, just dont over do it. With these pills also comes a harsh diretic which will almost "prune" you out. Make sure you drink LOTS of fluids. I hope this helps out some people!
kick_boxur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

this is some good reading thx
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

nice thread..

i'm super duper lazy in the morning, so i usually just drink 1 scoop of protein shakes.. is that even any good? And when exactly should i drink weight gainer?
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #30
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
protein shake is good when u wake up, but i will want to get some food in you also , oats cerial
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #31
Tech Team Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
nice thread..

i'm super duper lazy in the morning, so i usually just drink 1 scoop of protein shakes.. is that even any good? And when exactly should i drink weight gainer?
Whey proteins in the morning and post workout, cassein protein before bed. What kind of protein is in your weight gainer? What else is in it? Loaded up on carbs? If it's one of those crazy 150 grams of carbs (usually sugar, too) per serving types I wouldn't have it within 5 hours of bed at least.

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR

Last edited by dubzz24; 05-30-2008 at 04:58 PM.
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

Care to sticky some tips or info on popular supplements?
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."
Gachinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #33
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

What in the world is dex?

And do people actually sacrifice around 10 yolks of egg a day just to eat egg-whites? -- And need to invest in so many eggs?

Last edited by hear-it-first; 10-01-2008 at 03:19 PM.
hear-it-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #34
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post

And do people actually sacrifice around 10 yolks of egg a day just to eat egg-whites? -- And need to invest in so many eggs?
just buy egg-whites iff you are really into egg whites also there is plain egg white powder for cheap
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #35
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post

I think he means DEXTROSE. It's a good carb for post-workout.. but it may taste too sweet if you take over 40g of it.
86er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

i have a question.. you guys dont eat the chicken breast or lean beef just by itself.. so what kind of spices or w/e do you put on it to make it tastey?? and also what do you mix in the rice to make it taste good? i dont think it will taste good with just vegetables mixed in it
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
i have a question.. you guys dont eat the chicken breast or lean beef just by itself.. so what kind of spices or w/e do you put on it to make it tastey?? and also what do you mix in the rice to make it taste good? i dont think it will taste good with just vegetables mixed in it
ull prob get a better answer here

http://www.revscene.net/forums/food-...ining-f33.html
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #38
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Best way to eat is something called the Fit 4 You 5. It worked for me. I find reading article and stuff helps to actually understand the why's of what to eat.
van-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

In the original post it says steak sauce as a condiment but i have never found any steak ssauce that wasnt loaded with sugar.. the top 2 healthiest condiments are mustard and salsa. I put this spicey mustard inside my steak wraps. Tastes pretty good.
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #40
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van-city View Post
Best way to eat is something called the Fit 4 You 5. It worked for me. I find reading article and stuff helps to actually understand the why's of what to eat.
I second this. Great site, great info. Be sure to read their post on carbs.

Also, make sure to check out their food pyramid.

IMO, we should completely rewrite the OP based on info from this site.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #41
I don't get it

Great site with lots of info.

Just wondering about some stuff. It says that you should not take a protein shake in the morning because of the insulin spike. It also says you should not take more than 1 shake a day.

But you also find conflicting info where trainers suggest a morning shake is beneficial because your body craves it after fasting for 8 hours. Many people also take 2-3 shakes a day to meet their protein intake requirements.

Which is right?
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #42

Where does it say that about morning shakes?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #43
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXQBLGH View Post
Great site with lots of info.

Just wondering about some stuff. It says that you should not take a protein shake in the morning because of the insulin spike. It also says you should not take more than 1 shake a day.

But you also find conflicting info where trainers suggest a morning shake is beneficial because your body craves it after fasting for 8 hours. Many people also take 2-3 shakes a day to meet their protein intake requirements.

Which is right?
You should not be getting the majority of your protein from shakes. Have one shake whether morning, lunch or at dinner and then encorporate protein in your meals; if you can get some at every meal then even better. I know I am a girl but I find a great source is those mini tins of tuna, just throw it on top of a salad or anything else you can think of and there's some protein right there. Chicken is a great source too and tastes really good.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
You should not be getting the majority of your protein from shakes. Have one shake whether morning, lunch or at dinner and then encorporate protein in your meals; if you can get some at every meal then even better. I know I am a girl but I find a great source is those mini tins of tuna, just throw it on top of a salad or anything else you can think of and there's some protein right there. Chicken is a great source too and tastes really good.
I don't see any real reasoning behind this: protein shakes are more cost efficient and convenient and more readily bioavailable
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #45
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Where does it say that about morning shakes?
Quote:
Avoid having protein shakes first thing in the morning (as they produce an insulin spike), best time for them is post workout when an insulin spike could actually be beneficial. Have no more than one protein shake a day. And don’t forget to chew your shakes as you would solid food. This action is necessary to fully stimulate the digestive process. Moreover, adding sources of fibre such as avocado or physillium husk will help stabilize insulin levels.
http://www.fit4younutrition.com/article6.html

and saucywoman, I understand. It's just hard for me to get go without more than 1 shake a day. That plus laziness + still living at home + still a student means I end up using shakes more often than other people. I go minimum 2 a day, sometimes 3 (morning and PWO, the 3rd will be sometime during the day). As mentioned, it's more cost effective.

With that said, I'm still able to get 200 or more grams a day so yeah good stuff (I'm 5'8'' 174)
Old 09-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
RS Operative (G)

how do u chew a liquid
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #47
I don't get it

some of the advice on there kinda ticks me off lol

After reading through most of the stuff, I feel like 99% of the food in my fridge should be thrown out.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #48
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
I don't see any real reasoning behind this: protein shakes are more cost efficient and convenient and more readily bioavailable
I'm not sure on the reasoning, I mean it could be totally incorrect information, I was just talking to my trainer and this is what she said... I will try and remember to ask why at my appointment tomorrow.
Quote:

and saucywoman, I understand. It's just hard for me to get go without more than 1 shake a day. That plus laziness + still living at home + still a student means I end up using shakes more often than other people. I go minimum 2 a day, sometimes 3 (morning and PWO, the 3rd will be sometime during the day). As mentioned, it's more cost effective.

With that said, I'm still able to get 200 or more grams a day so yeah good stuff (I'm 5'8'' 174)
yeah I can understand the laziness and being busy just trying to give some suggestions
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #49
VLS Head Mod

okay so I asked the trainer/co-owner about what the other trainer/co-owner said and getting most of your protein from shakes aren't bad to do, the more beneficial way is through food because food makes your body work to digest it.
So I apologize, I should've asked the 1st trainer to elaborate more on that comment.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 09-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #50

Quote:
some of the advice on there kinda ticks me off lol

After reading through most of the stuff, I feel like 99% of the food in my fridge should be thrown out.
Probably more like 90%, but yeah