REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #3326
Fanboy

Who's going in June for EDC?
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #3327
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

had a go at exotics racing this time, and like the others said the laps go by very fast. call in before hand and ask for a discount they usually give it. they had a promotion of spend $500 and get $100 off, booked the aventador but total came to $499 so they didn't apply discount. called them and the girl gave me a $500 gift card so the discount could be applied with $1 left over lol. also we got a free shuttle ride there and back which they just started offering a month back or so. it drops/picksup at aria and another location.

overall awesome experience, just chat with the instructor a bit before starting and let him know your experience etc and it'll be a good time. cameras start soon as the instructor sits inside with you. highly recommended
reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #3328
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Any activities suitable for a teenager and some older folks? They are all female. Chippendales is out of the question.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:56 PM   #3329
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts

Depends on what the occasion is, there are many places for a few nice dinners.
If they like shopping there's Fashion Show mall, or inside Grand Canal @ Venetian and Forum @ Caesar's.
Clubs are easy to get in with a bunch of girls regardless.

Last edited by Obsideon; 01-26-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #3330
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reza View Post
had a go at exotics racing this time, and like the others said the laps go by very fast. call in before hand and ask for a discount they usually give it. they had a promotion of spend $500 and get $100 off, booked the aventador but total came to $499 so they didn't apply discount. called them and the girl gave me a $500 gift card so the discount could be applied with $1 left over lol. also we got a free shuttle ride there and back which they just started offering a month back or so. it drops/picksup at aria and another location.

overall awesome experience, just chat with the instructor a bit before starting and let him know your experience etc and it'll be a good time. cameras start soon as the instructor sits inside with you. highly recommended
Huh. I wonder if its only during low season they do discounts. At the advice of someone earlier in the thread, I asked for them for the dvd or at least a discount on the dvd and the guy there was being a total dick about it
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:33 PM   #3331
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Pretty sure the staff at the tracks tell everyone they're great for beginners just to get them back lol

I know a guy who spun the Aventador out and they pumped his tires so hard he can't wait to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #3332
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Huh. I wonder if its only during low season they do discounts. At the advice of someone earlier in the thread, I asked for them for the dvd or at least a discount on the dvd and the guy there was being a total dick about it
we did go in mid december so yea it was low season. they have quite a few staff, all the ones we dealt with were young males so it was a pleasant experience joking around and such.
reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #3333
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
If stupid how exotics racing charges so much for a video.. Barely anyone buys those.. I'm sure everyone would purchase it if it was only $10-20/disc.. at $30+ that's not even reasonable..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #3334
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Paid $420 canadian for 3 nights at Planet Hollywood and round trip flights for this August.

Any places you guys recommend to check out for food, shows and attractions?

I will not be attending any clubbing/dj events or pool parties.

thx

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #3335
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

August is HOT LIKE HELL in LV
stay in door during daytime.
Rent a car.

BU
Old 05-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #3336
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
Paid $420 canadian for 3 nights at Planet Hollywood and round trip flights for this August.

Any places you guys recommend to check out for food, shows and attractions?

I will not be attending any clubbing/dj events or pool parties.

thx
prepare to die at 40 degrees celcius in august....

my favorite restaurant Milos in cosmopolitan hotel , order the Lobster Linguine

my favorite dish / restaurant ever.....

https://www.google.ca/search?q=milos...M9D7sQ_AUIBigB

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #3337
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Yellowfin tuna sashimi with jalapeno at Nobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #3338
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
prepare to die at 40 degrees celcius in august....

my favorite restaurant Milos in cosmopolitan hotel , order the Lobster Linguine

my favorite dish / restaurant ever.....

https://www.google.ca/search?q=milos...M9D7sQ_AUIBigB
Hah! I had that during their famous 3 course lunch. Had to pay an upcharge for it but it was well worth it!

I highly recommend their 3 course lunch. Nice restaurant that serves great food at decent prices (during lunch lol)

http://milos.ca/system/pdfs/106/orig...egas_lunch.pdf
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #3339
Ebisu Boss

Renting a car was a no-brainer in Vegas with all the free self-parking everywhere... now?...
Ouch
Say goodbye to free parking at Aria, Bellagio and 10 other Las Vegas hotels

Quote:
The cost for a visit to Sin City is about to climb for guests at MGM Resorts' 12 properties along the Strip. Within a few months, free parking will disappear — and it’s unclear whether other Las Vegas hotels will follow suit.
Though hefty charges for self parking and valet are commonplace in most big cities, free-wheeling Las Vegas has been the notable exception, with countless millions of motorists having grown accustomed to the freebie.

No more.

MGM Resorts officials announced on Friday that, starting this spring, guests will have to ante up to park.

"The pricing is going to be modest. It will not exceed $10 a night for self parking," Clark Dumont, a senior vice president, said. He wouldn't say how much people can expect to pay for valet parking.

New York-New York
Las Vegas visitors have enjoyed free valet and self parking for decades. But that freebie will disappear within months at 12 MGM Resorts properties, including New York-New York. (Las Vegas News Bureau)
The charges will impact guests at Aria, Bellagio, Circus Circus, Delano, Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, the Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York and Vdara.

The big unknown is whether other big players along the Strip will begin charging for parking now that MGM Resorts has opened the door.
The good news: The Venetian and the Palazzo “have no plans to charge for parking,” according to Keith Salwoski, executive director of public relations.
The murkier news: Spokespersons for Caesars Entertainment — which has 10 Vegas properties — and Wynn-Encore declined to comment on the possibility of charging for parking.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #3340

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Having been in Vegas during a 'heat advisory' in the summer, August will test your tolerance.

I found going to the pool first thing in the morning was the only bearable time to go, not to mention less people. After that we avoided going outside as much as possible lol. It just gets really tough just to walk a block or so when it's that hot.

Even walking outside at 3am was a shock. The pavement and buildings still radiating heat like the sun was out. A bit cooler... maybe? But we're talking from like 44 degrees to like 38 lol.

Either way, it's an expierence! Have fun, I'm jealous lol
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 AM   #3341
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I went a few years back in july for my birthday and a bus stopped where i was walking and it blew its hot air at me and i swear i almost melted. We had to walk down to strip from inside the hotel to avoid the heat. 34 degrees first thing in the morning the it was like 42 mid day
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #3342

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
Having been in Vegas during a 'heat advisory' in the summer, August will test your tolerance.

I found going to the pool first thing in the morning was the only bearable time to go, not to mention less people. After that we avoided going outside as much as possible lol. It just gets really tough just to walk a block or so when it's that hot.

Even walking outside at 3am was a shock. The pavement and buildings still radiating heat like the sun was out. A bit cooler... maybe? But we're talking from like 44 degrees to like 38 lol.

Either way, it's an expierence! Have fun, I'm jealous lol
Damnit.....

Thanks for the warning everyone. Think we will probably rent a car now.

Any other good places to check out for shows/food etc?

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #3343
I came, I saw, I conquered.

I really enjoyed the MJ show at the Stratosphere and Zarkana at Aria. The KA show at MGM was shit though.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:03 AM   #3344
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
Damnit.....

Thanks for the warning everyone. Think we will probably rent a car now.

Any other good places to check out for shows/food etc?
I think renting a car is pointless unless you're going to places that are off strip i.e. hoover dam

Traffic can be a pain in the ass.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #3345

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Agreed. Unless you have plans to do some exploring outside of Vegas itself, it's a waste of time/money. Even a lot of the places like Exotics Racing, and the many gun ranges have shuttles that pick you up from certain hotels throughout the day.

Way less stress to just cab from the airport to your hotel, or one of the many shuttles. Once on the strip, if you're feeling super lazy and don't want to walk, you can just jump on the bus that goes up and sown the strip. There is also the monorail/trams to can use.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #3346
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Not when you can rent a car for under 60USD for 4 days.
I just booked a car for june 10th and it costs me 57 USD all in.
As long you have a designated driver in your party, i'll take a rental over shuttle bus which is super slow and always full
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #3347
Ebisu Boss

I agree renting a car is super convenient and really cheap compared most cities, you can get a sedan for $12/day compared to $65/day in Hawaii. There's plenty of self-parking in every hotel and even though each hotel seems close at a glance, it's not. Especially walking 20min in the scorching desert heat... ehhh no thanks.
Even power walking across the sky bridge to Fashion Show mall, the upper part of my feet were starting to hurt from the sun. 40+ degrees is no joke. Can literally fry an egg on the railing lol.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #3348
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
seems like more of a hassle to deal with the car/parking/driving than walking anywhere regardless of the heat.

Realistically you can walk from NY NY to Cesars in under half an hour.. doubt you save much time driving
Old 05-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #3349
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
You can take the tram from Monte Carlo to Bellagio and walk to Cesars. I went in Sept and it was hot but still ok. Walking helps burn off all the buffets.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #3350
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I prefer renting a car as well, I find it more convenient to get from one side of the strip to the other and allows you to easily get around and locations off the strip as well.

A cab to and from the airport is probably more then half the rental car fees for 4 days.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote