REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Vancouver Island Employment Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/372767-vancouver-island-employment-thread.html)

Victoria SiR 02-22-2006 08:01 AM

Vancouver Island Employment Thread

With the growing number of work/help wanted threads in Off Topic, it was brought to our attention that having a stickied thread for this subject would be helpful.

So here it is :p

Put all you work available, looking for work addy's here! :D

woot n' shit.

HCR32 02-22-2006 10:43 AM

Like to drive? Like to make some cash on the side?

Apply @ Pizza Hut in Parksville. We are now Hiring Delivery drivers.
-Very flexable hours
-Paid @ the end of your shift
-$3.50/Deliver + Tips
-Great 2nd income and a great way to meet new people (especially in the summer :p:)

Apply @ Pizza Hut in Parksville and Ask for Ben or Dave.

Thanks
-Ben

hogdogz 02-26-2006 07:09 PM

I've been hired elsewhere but I know Galaxy Cinemas in Nanaimo is hiring asap.

abinga 02-28-2006 12:57 PM

Customer Service Representative - Sales
Customer Care Department
Nanaimo, BC

Shaw Cablesystems G.P., the leading entertainment and communications company, has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative - Sales in our Nanaimo office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Care, the successful candidate will be accountable for achieving predetermined customer service and sales standards for the call centre.

Accountabilities:

• Answer telephones and provide pleasant, professional, knowledgeable service and deliver exceptional customer experience
• Process new services and moves, changes in services, special services, purchases of equipment and disconnects via our Cable Base Computer System
• Achieve telephone performance goals to meet customer standards
• Provide billing explanations to our external customers
• Assist customers in choosing cable and Internet products by promoting the features, advantages and benefits of our services
• Work as a team to ensure department and individual goals are met on a daily basis
• Various other duties as needed

Required Skills and Qualifications:

• General computer experience
• Pleasant personality with superior communications skills both written and verbal
• Team player with excellent customer service and sales skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
• A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity

Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by March 6, 2006 to:

Supervisor, Customer Care
4316 Boban Dr
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6A7
Fax: (250) 760-1991
Email: nanaimo.jobs@sjrb.ca

Please quote the job title in the subject line of the email.

TeamMootRacer 03-06-2006 10:10 PM

Now Hiring Parksville Pizza Hut

If your a high school student in the Parksville/Qualicum area, and are seeking part time emloyement, please bring your resume into Pizza Hut 164 Bagshaw St, Parksville
Postions available are:

Production Team Members
Delivery Drivers
Customer Service Representatives

Please make your applications attention Dave Coulter

Thanx, Dave

Skip 03-07-2006 07:10 PM

I wanna deliver pizza! that would be a sweet way to make coin. pad up my wages with delivering pizza at night...

Anyone know anything about it in victoria?

Rikter 03-07-2006 08:32 PM

Spotted: "Now Hiring" sign at Staples here in Victoria.

No additonal info available ( I have a job, didn't require finding out any info )
-Rik

type-rh 03-07-2006 10:52 PM

looking for a job $9.50 plus an hour and 32+ ours a week in victoria

anyone know anything??

FlaK 03-08-2006 03:09 PM

Looking for work, got expierence in construction (framing, concrete, general labour), and I also kitchen expierence. looking for full or part-time work, preferably full-time, thing is i dont drive at the moment so anything in and around the mill bay/cobble hill/duncan area is a must.

Thanks

Alex

Tango 03-08-2006 03:44 PM

Canadian Tire Royal Oak

Position: Automotive Parts Sales staff
Hours: Full-time -STARTING IMMEDIATLY
Hours: Most likely Thurs / Fri off... ability to work weekends a must
Starting Wage:$8 but ability to get raises fairly quick

If you already have knowledge of auto parts in general, that is a huge asset for the position.

IF you are interested please send me an email, lylewarren@gmail.com or come see me at Canadian Tire Royal Oak with a copy of your resume. My name is Lyle, I'm the auto parts manager there. I have Wed/Thursday off, so you can come see me any other day.

projectcivic 03-09-2006 07:06 AM

Hiring: Honda City Part shipper/ Receiver

Honda City parts department is hiring a full time mon-friday shipper/ receiver. Wage is around $9/hr I assume plus benefits after 3months. Good place to work with lots of people that are cool. If you have any questions talk to Rikter on here since he knows more about it then I do or drop off a resume to Honda City parts and talk to Greg Cook the manager.

type-rh 03-09-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by projectcivic

Honda City parts department is hiring a full time mon-friday shipper/ receiver. Wage is around $9/hr I assume plus benefits after 3months. Good place to work with lots of people that are cool. If you have any questions talk to Rikter on here since he knows more about it then I do or drop off a resume to Honda City parts and talk to Greg Cook the manager.

possibly interested in that ill pm rikter!

projectcivic 03-13-2006 10:21 AM

Hiring: Honda City Service Washer

Honda City Service is now looking for a new washer. Its a full time Monday-Friday Day time hours job. Pay is usually around $9/hour plus after 3 months you get benifits,etc. Good place to work. Our old washer guy has moved positions to lot boy so this his old job. Conact either me at jkersten@hondacity or chygh@hondacity.com. Please don't stop by with resume, just email.

UPDATE: POSITION FILLED

type-rh 03-21-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by projectcivic

sorry got tied up in a few thign is the job still open?
thanks

abinga 03-21-2006 12:08 PM

Network Technician
Technical Operations Department
Victoria, British Columbia

Shaw Cablesystems G.P., the leading entertainment and communications company, has an exciting opportunity for a Network Technician in our Victoria office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining our telecom services and IP networks.

Accountabilities:

• Implement and maintain Shaw Internet and BIGPIPE Networks (IP Networks, DWDM, Routers, Modems, Hub Sites etc.)
• Install and maintain telephone equipment and LAN systems within the office
• Troubleshoot network equipment and software problems
• Plan, coordinate, and implement projects in conjunction with Corporate Engineering to ensure they align with our regional initiatives
• Assist with technical training and providing support to technical staff and Customer Care department
• Provide assistance to the Head End and Plant Operation teams in maintaining our new and existing HFC Networks
• Manage our network services to ensure a high standard of customer care and service
• Participating in twenty-four hour technical coverage of the Headend and Hub site systems
• Promoting the features, advantages and benefits of Shaw products and services
• Various other duties as needed

Required Skills and Qualifications:

• A degree/diploma in computer or telecommunication technology complemented by three to five years related experience
• Operational and troubleshooting experience with UNIX, DOS/Windows, TCP/IP, SNMP, LAN/WAN, Ethernet and ATM environments is considered an asset
• Experience with network planning and installation of fiber optic, CAT5 wiring and associated hardware and equipment
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Goal oriented with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability in preparing and conducting training as needed
• Ability to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity

Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by March 29, 2006 to:

Supervisor, Technical Operations
861 Cloverdale Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia V8X 4S7
Fax: 250.475.7289
Email: victoria.jobs@sjrb.ca

Please quote the job title in the subject line of the email.

projectcivic 03-22-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by type-rh
sorry got tied up in a few thign is the job still open?
thanks

I think they hired someone yesterday.

Rikter 03-22-2006 08:02 AM

Position at honda city is filled. I asked for a blonde.... should have specificed FEMALE blonde. Sheesh
-Rik

Decepticons 03-22-2006 04:34 PM

well im looking to get into the plumbing field as a career, just wondering if anyone out here knows of any plumbers looking for somebody, because i really want to get into the plumbing trade, so if anyone knows shoot me a pm or gimme a call 744-0055

thanx guys!

V.I.Guy 03-25-2006 02:06 PM

Im working 5 days a week presently, 8-5. Im looking for an evening job in victoria, just for some extra cash flow. No delivery jobs! :P

Demosthenes X 03-25-2006 02:11 PM

Noticed Canadian Tire on Shelbourne was looking for a full time autoparts person when I was in there today...

Thought it might cater to some people's passions here.

ness_71 03-27-2006 08:11 PM

Anyone know of any shops looking for a 3rd/4th year apprentice tech?

Enraged 03-28-2006 11:16 AM

anyone know of any businesses taking 2nd year mechanical engineering co-op students? or possibly a part time job that is related to mechanical engineering? ive got a work term from now until the end of june, then a 6 month starting in september.

Black Orpheus 03-31-2006 01:57 PM

This is a bit of a long shot for RS but I'll put myself up.

I'm graduating from UVic this spring with a BA in History and a Political Science minor. I've had extensive experience in retail/customer service in the private sector as well as service in the public sector with the Government of Alberta. I also have a lot of experience in Canadian federal politics, particulairly in the areas of policy research and creation as well as organization and leadership.

Really, I'm looking for just about anything in an office setting aside from being a secretary or really low-level clerical work (did that in Alberta, easy but not rewarding at all). Research assistants, communications, policy analysis, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for but really I'll take just about anything that's not Starbucks right now. If you have a lead on something of this kind please post it up or send me a PM.

V.I.Guy 04-02-2006 12:19 PM

Need part-time job in the evenings: No delivery job! I can start anytime after 5:30. Maybe pizza cook or something like that.

Scandalous Whore 04-03-2006 04:54 AM

Looking for work in the Victoria area, preferably $9/hr+

Experience working in kitchens, some waitressing. Have worked on car lots/auction lots, and have tons of experience in retail. Also have about 8 years experience working on ranches, although I doubt anyone on here will know of any ranch jobs :p

No delivery jobs!! I don't know Vic that well yet, and my car isnt really a delivery type of car (2 seater)