REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Breitling watches (https://www.revscene.net/forums/393652-breitling-watches.html)

Hondaracer 05-29-2006 06:16 PM

Breitling watches

anyone know what the LOWEST price a used breitling would go for that is authentic?

just looking on ebay, and i'm pretty sure some are fake, but some are used and look very authentic but end up going for like 380?

flameboy54 05-30-2006 08:13 AM

go to sales corner at www.timezone.com. lots of reputable sellers there and a good variety of used authentic watches

Iceman_2K 05-30-2006 05:12 PM

that low of a price is a fake.

Hondaracer 05-30-2006 05:37 PM

so what would be lowest that isnt?

like some woman is selling a very very authentic looking on her husband owned, but she doesnt know where the papers are etc. but i've compared pics and things to the real one and it's pretty much identicle, and it's going for like 280 atm

imagohp 05-31-2006 04:51 PM

Re: Breitling watches

Quote:

Originally posted by Hondaracer
anyone know what the LOWEST price a used breitling would go for that is authentic?

just looking on ebay, and i'm pretty sure some are fake, but some are used and look very authentic but end up going for like 380?

Which model are you interested at>

pbmax 06-04-2006 08:12 PM

you could get a colt for about 1k. Thats about as cheap as they get. I like the B-1

madddskillz 06-05-2006 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by flameboy54
go to sales corner at www.timezone.com. lots of reputable sellers there and a good variety of used authentic watches
timezone is probably the best place for a used high end watch

imagohp 06-05-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pbmax
you could get a colt for about 1k. Thats about as cheap as they get. I like the B-1
Whoa , tht cheap? I thought it's like 2500cdn.

bossxx 06-05-2006 05:09 PM

Some sellers on eBay raise their prices to show that they are authentic. Try to con ppl like you.. Just be careful. Even if the price seems realistic for an authentic watch, it still may not be.

imagohp 06-05-2006 05:56 PM

IMO, I dont think ebay is a best place to buy an expensive items such as a watch. Sometimes it's not that easy to differentiate between fake and real.

babyshortie 06-05-2006 05:57 PM

^ exactly

Iceman_2K 06-08-2006 10:52 AM

if you know what you're looking for and what the differences are, its not that bad. I'd stay away from Rolex's tho in general, since those replica ones are as good as those from a Rolex factory. A Breitling is different. Its a very high end flight watch that not a lot of people make duplicates of, but they are out there. You should really do your homework about watches like these if you're thinking about buying one. You should know the mechanism, the number of jewels accuracy, styles available and other production information about the watch, since these are things that you should be asking before you purchase anyway.

EvoAris 06-22-2006 12:29 AM

99% of the time. they try to say stupid shit to sell fake stuff..

on ebay. if there is *any* doubt about it being fake. then assume its fake. i've seen users with 100% feedback and 8 or 900 feedback with stuff that i don't even need to see in real life to know that its fake.

and that lady whos husband lost the papers... doesn't it remind you of those people selling their car who say their car is "garage kept, lady driven" lol. right buddy.

big jeep'n 06-22-2006 03:13 PM

where do they sell breitling watches locally and the best price too....

Hondaracer 06-22-2006 06:04 PM

i ended up buying it from a local place anyways, at least i know i got quality

Marco911 06-22-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iceman_2K
if you know what you're looking for and what the differences are, its not that bad. I'd stay away from Rolex's tho in general, since those replica ones are as good as those from a Rolex factory. A Breitling is different. Its a very high end flight watch that not a lot of people make duplicates of, but they are out there. You should really do your homework about watches like these if you're thinking about buying one. You should know the mechanism, the number of jewels accuracy, styles available and other production information about the watch, since these are things that you should be asking before you purchase anyway.

There are fake Breitlings around. But it's easy to tell what's a fake.

imagohp 06-24-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

i ended up buying it from a local place anyways, at least i know i got quality
Which model did you get?

Hondaracer 06-25-2006 09:55 AM

Navitimer

big jeep'n 06-26-2006 12:18 PM

where did u get it and roughly how much did u pay?

Hondaracer 06-28-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by big jeep'n
where did u get it and roughly how much did u pay?
actually ended up buying it 2nd hand off a buddy who bought it from the place in PC there [the name escapes me but we brought it there to be authenticated again]

sold it to me for 1800, bought it originally for 4600

Marco911 06-28-2006 11:01 PM

La Swiss is the name. They're a rip-off.

I have a limited edition "Old Navitimer." What does yours look like?

imagohp 06-29-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Navitimer
Congrat, it's a good piece. Enjoy.

Hondaracer 06-29-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Marco911
La Swiss is the name. They're a rip-off.

I have a limited edition "Old Navitimer." What does yours look like?

http://www.eugenevanbaal.nl/material...itimer-wor.jpg

pretty much the same as this one ^

but the brietling logo is in the middle just under the 12, not to the side like that

big jeep'n 06-29-2006 04:32 PM

yeah i checked out la swiss...any other places?

Hondaracer 06-29-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by big jeep'n
yeah i checked out la swiss...any other places?
there is a place on georgia...again i forgot the name but they advertised they they carry breitling