REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 12-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #4126
I bringith the lowerballerith

Yeah, I really like the idea of an electric cutout. I just got brand new stock cat-back too, so not in a real rush to just to replace it again. Plus having a loud exhaust all the time would just annoy me I think, the only reason I wuold want bigger is because of performance gains.
I'm gonna crawl my lazy ass under the car and bleed my clutch tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I think I may have to replace the master cylinder in the near future. I might change the oil as well, I'll probably be temporarily insuring it for the holidays and driving back up island for christmas. I was thinking of maybe comin to Victoria one of the days between 15-20th if money and other things permit. Possibly could meet up with some of you. After that I will be on the north island for Christmas break, and the car will come back and be off the road again until I find a job, or win the lottery. But it would be cool to meet up with some other supra guys from the island for sure! I met up with Allan from SM a while ago while he was here, it was cool - his car is so damn clean!
Advertisement
islandsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:28 AM   #4127
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

a full 3 inc cat back will do the same as cut out

as in get 3inc turbo elbow down i cna get it done down here for 230 buck's you choice on muffer

way better then cut out but you chould not pass smog

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:29 AM   #4128

Quote:
Originally posted by islandsupra
Yeah, I really like the idea of an electric cutout. I just got brand new stock cat-back too, so not in a real rush to just to replace it again. Plus having a loud exhaust all the time would just annoy me I think, the only reason I wuold want bigger is because of performance gains.
I'm gonna crawl my lazy ass under the car and bleed my clutch tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I think I may have to replace the master cylinder in the near future. I might change the oil as well, I'll probably be temporarily insuring it for the holidays and driving back up island for christmas. I was thinking of maybe comin to Victoria one of the days between 15-20th if money and other things permit. Possibly could meet up with some of you. After that I will be on the north island for Christmas break, and the car will come back and be off the road again until I find a job, or win the lottery. But it would be cool to meet up with some other supra guys from the island for sure! I met up with Allan from SM a while ago while he was here, it was cool - his car is so damn clean!
well i am leaving here for the holidays on the 22 to 28 so yae that whould be cool

so dude how old are yae

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 12-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #4129

I'm 20. It doesn't really look like I will be coming to Victoria now though. I might still, my gf my flying in for christmas on the 18th, but staying with her sister until the 21st in victoria, she has some lifeguard courses to take in Vancouver until then. Then we are gonna go back up island for the holidays 21st or 22nd. If she's not in Vancouver, I might come down there for a visit if things aren't busy, but otherwise I'll probably just end up stayign here. A friend who is in Ontario now is also gonna be in Nanaimo from 18th-21st so if the woman is busy, I'll just stay here.
I'm not sure if I have to go to victoria to pick her up on the 21st, or if she is gonna catch the ferry to Nanaimo instead if Vic when she is finished the last course. If I do end up coming down there, I'll make sure to post first.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:23 PM   #4130

na man just replace from enige hass there no point on takeing apart your hole harness to replace 6 wires that can be doen easyer just at the harness

plsu you will have to re rap your harness again and i in less you don't by the proper tape it just will fall apart fast

Old 12-11-2003, 05:40 PM   #4131
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

lets see some pics of your car islandsupra. if your in nanaimo maybe i'll recognize it

Quote:
Originally posted by Hickman
are women suck.......i dont understand....why would she hure me so bad
Quote:
Originally posted by Graeme S
/b/ is that way.
Lageno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #4132
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

pizza delivery is easy! $9/hr + tips hehe

now i need to save $$ for a clutch...
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #4133

Hey, yeah I will look into the knock senor rewire. My last exam is tomorrow morning so after that I will have some free time to play with the car. I think I need to rebuild the clutch master cylinder. I have absolutely no clutch pressure now. It's happened before, I just bled the line and it was good for a long time. Took the slave off, took it apart and it was fine. I don't loose any fluid, no fluid in the interior, none is lost since like 5 months ago when I last filled it. But it is pretty dirty. I have taken the reservior off the master and cleaned it out before, and blew compressed air into everything to get all the shit out, but it's all brown and gross again. I need to drive the car to go back up island for Christmas too. Hopefully the clutch won't crap out on me during the drive. Should figure it out by then anyhow I hope.
Anyhow, should go get studying now for a bit before bed. God I hate political science!

Oh yeah - there's pics of my car at http://www3.telus.net/joseph99/supra/
Old 12-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #4134

JESUS CHRIST that thing has low kms on it! nice supra man. i want another one myself so badly

Quote:
Quote:
/b/ is that way.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #4135

Well, it might be for sale soon if I don't start making some money pretty soon!
BTW - The car is from Texas, so that's miles. The pictures are from spring, it's almost at 68,000 now, about 108,000 km
Old 12-11-2003, 09:05 PM   #4136
HELP ME PLS!!!

62,000 miles (still pretty low) .. did you buy it from the states or something?

car looks kinda like tobys, i remember see'ing it on SM or SF, cant remember now, looks good atleast

oo.. and a sunroof, too. nice!
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:38 PM   #4137

humm on the qestion about you slave and master

you should never take the seal out and clean them they will just not seat liek they did befor once they leak there is nothign you cna do but buy new one rebuilding them some time is good but most of the tiem they just leak again

tell tail singh that you master is leaking is look at you cluthc pepl where it connects to the the master pushing arm if there is clutch fulid semll or really mosit down there or sings of leak age then the piston ring is blown

for the slave if it blow replace it fast as in our clutch are pull desigh so the slave will get fulid all over your clutch and that is bad cause most liyl have ot buy new clutch and wreak the one you got now caus eyou will ahve to take it out to clean it

any wya hope this helps pry that it is not the slave good luck

it is good idea if you ever replace clutch replace the slave as well there not to much money if i remmber right

Old 12-11-2003, 10:43 PM   #4138

nice lookin supra! low miles is always nice.

hey ryan, when we do my clutch do you think i should just get a new master and slave as well? im not sure yet, but if i can get the money together, ill probably build a hardline for it too.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:44 AM   #4139
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Pretty car i want one
legally blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #4140

Quote:
Originally posted by legally blonde
Pretty car i want one
me to!

Quote:
Quote:
/b/ is that way.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:38 AM   #4141

Thanks for the comments guys. I absolutely love the car! If money is not too much of a problem going through university, then I am pretty sure I will have the car for a long time to come.

Hey Nashman, to answer your questions about my clutch system, there is no leaks. I didn't take the master cylinder off and take it apart, I just emptied the fluid, took off the reservior and cleaned it out, there was a bunch of shit built up at the bottom that I wiped out and blew air into. Got under the car, took the slave off and checked it out, it seemed to be functioning just fine. I am not losing any fluid at all! It's strange.
What happened was I went to the states to see my gf in october, car was parked for 5 days. I get home, and hop in the car, no pressure for the clutch pedal, it's just stuck to the floor. This used to happen last year often, and I just got under the car and bled the line then it would be fine. Ever since I cleaned out the master cylinder reservoir I have not had any problems, probably 5 or 6 months. Yesterday I went out to look at it, the reservoir is still absolutely full, I am not losing any fluid, last time I filled it was well before the summer time, and I drove it everyday.
The fluid IS dirty again though, brown almost like the brake fluid gets.
SO I don't know where the problem is, but I am pretty certain that it is NOT the slave. IT functioned just fine when I took it off to look. There is no leaking anywhere in the system, and I did not pull any of the plungers out. Just looked at it to see if it was working. I have a feeling that it's just something simple though, and I think the problem is between the master cyliner and the clutch pedal somehwere. Last time I looked the clutchfork and slave and everything down there was all working good. I don't know what's up, I didn't get to bleed the line yesterday cuz my roommate was gone, and I needed her to pump the clutch for me. Then I realized I didn't have my little bleeder thing with me, or even a hose or wrenches or anything. I thought I brought that stuff with me when I moved, but I guess not (that's what happens when you pack at 5 am just before you move and not put stuff in boxes, just throw everything on the back seats - and have a hangover)
Landlord is a mechanic, so I am sure he has tools, but he wasn't home either. Maybe I'll try again today, and see how long it lasts this time, but I have a sneaking suspicsion that it's a problem with the master cylinder. Let me know what you think, because I really don't have much experience working on cars at all - this is my first one and I have never had any problems with it before, just changed the oil every 3 months, that's pretty much it.
Any opinions I can get wold help, before I start spending money on parts, and I need it fixed before the 21st so I can go home!
Thanks for any help!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:56 PM   #4142

Quote:
Originally posted by islandsupra
Thanks for the comments guys. I absolutely love the car! If money is not too much of a problem going through university, then I am pretty sure I will have the car for a long time to come.

Hey Nashman, to answer your questions about my clutch system, there is no leaks. I didn't take the master cylinder off and take it apart, I just emptied the fluid, took off the reservior and cleaned it out, there was a bunch of shit built up at the bottom that I wiped out and blew air into. Got under the car, took the slave off and checked it out, it seemed to be functioning just fine. I am not losing any fluid at all! It's strange.
What happened was I went to the states to see my gf in october, car was parked for 5 days. I get home, and hop in the car, no pressure for the clutch pedal, it's just stuck to the floor. This used to happen last year often, and I just got under the car and bled the line then it would be fine. Ever since I cleaned out the master cylinder reservoir I have not had any problems, probably 5 or 6 months. Yesterday I went out to look at it, the reservoir is still absolutely full, I am not losing any fluid, last time I filled it was well before the summer time, and I drove it everyday.
The fluid IS dirty again though, brown almost like the brake fluid gets.
SO I don't know where the problem is, but I am pretty certain that it is NOT the slave. IT functioned just fine when I took it off to look. There is no leaking anywhere in the system, and I did not pull any of the plungers out. Just looked at it to see if it was working. I have a feeling that it's just something simple though, and I think the problem is between the master cyliner and the clutch pedal somehwere. Last time I looked the clutchfork and slave and everything down there was all working good. I don't know what's up, I didn't get to bleed the line yesterday cuz my roommate was gone, and I needed her to pump the clutch for me. Then I realized I didn't have my little bleeder thing with me, or even a hose or wrenches or anything. I thought I brought that stuff with me when I moved, but I guess not (that's what happens when you pack at 5 am just before you move and not put stuff in boxes, just throw everything on the back seats - and have a hangover)
Landlord is a mechanic, so I am sure he has tools, but he wasn't home either. Maybe I'll try again today, and see how long it lasts this time, but I have a sneaking suspicsion that it's a problem with the master cylinder. Let me know what you think, because I really don't have much experience working on cars at all - this is my first one and I have never had any problems with it before, just changed the oil every 3 months, that's pretty much it.
Any opinions I can get wold help, before I start spending money on parts, and I need it fixed before the 21st so I can go home!
Thanks for any help!

if you pedal turn to mush or stick to the floor means 2 things

your rod on the clutch pedal need's to be ajusted so it pops back out again

i bet whe flushing you system your not gettign rid of all the old fulid instead it just mixes and turns black again

bleeding can take some time some times i use system liek steps of 3 liek 1 2 3 and ont eh 3rd one hold the pedal down and and you qucikly beed the persure make sure that you slam it into the lock place and when he pumps and gais you will suck in air ont he re turn storke

and if still have porbs then use steps of 4

but i bet your master si leaking you cna only see it by the rod it self by the peadls on the fire wall the rod will be connected tot he peadl it sef

Old 12-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #4143

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
nice lookin supra! low miles is always nice.

hey ryan, when we do my clutch do you think i should just get a new master and slave as well? im not sure yet, but if i can get the money together, ill probably build a hardline for it too.

well your has no sings of leaking then humm tough call if it was me whould i replace it yea i guess i whould but if i was hard on cash the i whoulent but i whould chage mine i just save longer

it's just one of thou extra insureacen things

Old 12-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #4144

ya, i was considering it becuase some people with the Spec stage 2 and 3 end up killing the original master. ill see if i can find a deal on one, might be easier just to do it all at once.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:39 AM   #4145

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
ya, i was considering it becuase some people with the Spec stage 2 and 3 end up killing the original master. ill see if i can find a deal on one, might be easier just to do it all at once.
yup wiht upgraded clutchs it must i think

but why not get nice act clutch i am pretty happy with mine

i just bean hearing alot latly that the kev clutch that they sell have bean ripping them selfs a apart

out of 6 people i knwo that have them 4 of them have died

off all street none kev clutch never hear a thing that and spec don't warrty they cltcuh as good as act that is one other reson why i whent wiht act

Old 12-13-2003, 04:48 PM   #4146

well my speedo is fixed now tj car is gone out of my gagre all projects have bean done now i am bord gime me some thign to wrok on or i will go crazy

Old 12-13-2003, 07:09 PM   #4147

lol, you can work on my car if you want!
Old 12-13-2003, 07:51 PM   #4148

ryan! what are you doing tomorrow? wanna fix my timing?
Old 12-13-2003, 10:47 PM   #4149

just a thought, what do you guys think about recovering the interior in tweed? its cheap, it can look nice if done right....

this guy did his in grey, id go dark grey or black: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/312596

Last edited by Enraged; 12-13-2003 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #4150
HELP ME PLS!!!

did that in my buds cutlass, looked kinda funny.. but then again it was a blue'ish color that didnt match his exterior

ive thought about doing my dash and console in suede.. that'd be kinda cool
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote