REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 07-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #701
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

i may have bend that might get rid of ruber house as to the ic but i whould need ot see your car i have the bend of meatle right here it may work i think it has good eghu bend to it but i am not sure caues your car is not here but i gest amet on it and stuff

paint my white and such that is one clour i have bean thinking of

oh and do you think you cna make my mirrows blac as well
Advertisement

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha

Last edited by NashMan; 07-07-2002 at 03:25 PM.
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:36 PM   #702

your lucky the bend i got will most likly work you can like drop by one day or some crap like that and do the fianly cheak if it will work but i really think it will

ps i paint that pipe black look nicer so far but ti not in my car it drying right now and stuff

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 07-07-2002, 05:52 PM   #703
HELP ME PLS!!!

ahh too bad, i liked it shiney

any of you guys drive in the rain today? it was fucking crazy... i didnt think my crappy burned out Ct26 could push much CFM anymore even at 13-15 psi, but holy shit. i punched it on this road to see how the traction would be... second gear at like 80kph, soon as the turbo spooled i was red lining the tach. and the back tires were spinning like mad !

freaky shite.. im getting new tires tommorow, finally

Last edited by Paradox; 07-07-2002 at 05:55 PM.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 06:27 PM   #704

humm i waighting for my pipe to dry fully eheh i think it looks better back i take pic of it when it is in and such

so do you wan tot se if that piep will work whit your car such

hehee i want to go driven in the rain it so much fun

ps what type of tres did you get and such

Old 07-07-2002, 09:08 PM   #705
HELP ME PLS!!!

you mean the pipe down to the I/C right? what bend is it? and what width?

i got the BF T/A G-KDW 17/40/235's... got a good price on em too.

driving in the rain is scary man! specially with totally bald tires, i was just spinning em today cuz i got the new ones
Old 07-07-2002, 09:57 PM   #706

aaaa bfg are for mustages and stuff but that is just what i think

as for pipe size it is all good same think ness and all that junk and will go all the way down to the ic

ps do you have mixed matched rubber

Last edited by NashMan; 07-07-2002 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:27 AM   #707
all work and no play

I took my BOV off yesterday, and I can't blow through it... but it still flutters, so I'm sure it's busted.

For shits and giggles I'm venting it to atmosphere now... stalls out every once and a while, but eh, sounds a lot cooler ) Most of the time while the turbo is spooling up I can hear the BOV pushing tons of air... Definately leaking.

My Porsche 911t Bosche valve comes in on Wednesday, we'll see if that makes a difference.

I'm also going to do the ghetto PVC hardpipes, a la JBLMK3. We'll see how that goes, I'll give everyone an unbiased review
fuzebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #708
HELP ME PLS!!!

haha i always wondered how a 7M would perform with the stock BOV right off of there. ive seen DSM guys do it with no probs..

anyways, cool FuzeBox, get some pics of the ghetto pipes!

keep in mind that NashMan's setup probably cost around the same using steel? cost him like 20 bux for pipes.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:25 PM   #709
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

i go away for a few days, and you guys post alot! nashman, that pipe looks sweet! just a suggestion, make sure you put a lip on the ends, or the hoses can blow off. know what i mean?

anyways.... my adventure...

1.) Friday. we head out, theres a crash on the malahat, we manage to escape the carnage, and say screw it, we'll go tomorrow.
2.) Saturday. we get goin, but my GF lost a contact, so we head to her house to get her new ones. doen and done, start the car, start to roll down the driveway.. cough cough cough pfffttttt....... engine dies.... the same thing happened awhile back, and the car was REALLY hot (extra 2 people and packed full hatch with heavy campign shit), so i figure maybe a vapor lock or maybe i somehow flooded it... i ended up doin the same thing i did last time... we drove to crappy tire, bought new plugs and a $15 socket set, i changed all the plugs and put a few drops of oil to regain compression... BAM she starts RIGHT UP with TONS of blue smoke haha and idles BETTER with some Bosch Platinum plugs! no more little misfires at idle, more power throughout the revs... horray! so instead of headin back to my house we say go for it, we boot it to parksville! set up camp, walk on the beach, have a huge fire back at the campsite and get shitfaced
3.) Sunday. wake up, buddy is hung, pukes behind the tent haha so we leave him in the tent, go for food. after food (smittys in parksville... stay away....) we go pick him up, and go to MINIGOLF! i won, $0.10 per point, i won $0.50!!!! horray! after that, we get food, more liquor, more wood, go back to the campsite, hang out get shitfaced and have a HUGE fire.
4.) Monday, well sorta. 3am it starts POURING rain... and the tarp over the tent is leaking everywhere.... GF flips out, knees me in the back... ouch... anyways, morning comes, we dry everything out, head back home. WRXs are FAST! i had a hard time keepin up with him... i liek those...

and thats my adventure. no to go put stuff away....
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:28 PM   #710

oh ya, and GOOD choice on tires! those are the ones i want. how much did you pay? you got all 4? how to they grip
Old 07-08-2002, 03:11 PM   #711

paradox, was that you that mentioned a heat soak issue on supraforums? im thinking maybe thats why my car died, it was REALLY hot (normal on the temp gauge though).
Old 07-08-2002, 03:20 PM   #712

oh ya.... RAYBESTOS BRAKES CAN LICK MY LEFT FUCKIN NUT! THEY SUCK!

gonna have to buy some stock toyota pads this week....
Old 07-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #713
HELP ME PLS!!!

hehe sounds like a pretty good trip man.. too bad the supra didnt hold up

why'd you go with bosch plat's? i just yanked those outta my car! hehe NGK lasers work way nicer....

also dont get toyota brake pads, get carbon pads ... the hotter they get the better braking power you have. compared to vice versa on the stock pads. well thats what ive heard atleast..

as for heat soaking posting i dunno, i think that was Ryan? ive never had any heating probs, even back when i had the BHG it only ran a tiny bit hotter than usual. ask Ryan he knows that sorta stuff.. hehe

the tires i got are pretty cool as for performance, i dunno if i like the appereance of them as much as the yokohamas, i wasnt sure what the height of them would be like, so i went 235/45/17 same as the yoko's

turns out the Goodrich 235/45 are a decent amount higher.. sorta looks like i have slicks or something on the back now hehe. they dont look too bad, i'll post pics later. i was just expecting the same profile as the yoko's. as for performance umm.. they squeel more when i do a burn out. hahaha. i havent really had a chance to hit any corners at speed yet

i only got the back 2 tires replaced, my fronts are fine, and to break the mystery of whether or not the BF's are a harder compound than the yokohama decibels, i would say that the BF's are way harder compound. i can just feel it.

im gonna miss having decibels all around tho.. i loved those tires.. they just wear out WAY too fast

anyways, i think im done with my 5 page post.. enjoy
Old 07-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #714

hehehhe well frist of all i chould not lip emm and if i did i whould have to use hammer and that is kinda not pretty whe you start banginf stuff as for blow off i think i am in the clear caue si not pushign that much psi

as for you not useing bov heheh that funny you not doing any harm but may get crap in your thottle body but eh what ever what ever

as for you car dieing not starting up as change the plugs and such hummm i don't think that is the pron in any way i think it is some were esle

cheak these things

1 plug wire's stock boots over tiem seam to separt akak bost plus and fall's apart plus just don't die (hint add spark plug greash to your plugs to get better conntion and stop carowtion

2heat soak is this when you have air in you system and you have air pocket right then the heat has no ware to go so it goe sinot your block baskilg

how you know you have heat soak is after you shut off your car got to try to start it again and it will not start

now if this was ever to happen to you what you have to is pop the rad cap off as fast as you can (watch that you don't burn you self use big towle, grab house stock inot you rad and turnnt he sucher over it should start and let it cool down

caues if you let it stay hot like that you hg will turn into bhg in no time or just weaken it

aka toby you should really fix you temp gauge

there are lots of things that cna go wroung when you car doe snot start liek that

aka just look for these 3 thihgs when it doe sit again and yoy fidn the prob area (fule/spark/air)

any way hope you had fun on your camping trip i knwo whould have

as for pads get teht nosie speakle junk on put em on you pads and stuff

teh best pads i ever ran are the trd ones there the bomb but cost a bit but one good thing thou is you will have one thing made by trd on your car

Last edited by NashMan; 07-08-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:10 PM   #715
HELP ME PLS!!!

BF pics.... not too sure how much you can tell from the pics, but the profile definetaly isnt the same as the yokohamas, check my post on supraforums .....

http://www.supraforums.com/showthrea...727#post500648
Old 07-08-2002, 09:13 PM   #716
HELP ME PLS!!!

ohh and the price was $508, Enraged. just for the back two
im guessing the 16" price for you would be dramatically cheaper.
ive heard some great things about these tires ....

my car oversteers easier now.. gonna take some gettin' used to

Last edited by Paradox; 07-08-2002 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:44 PM   #717

cool... thats the "old"style, i like the look of new 2nd generation KDWs:
Old 07-08-2002, 09:54 PM   #718
HELP ME PLS!!!

theres generations of tires?

geezus christ.. ahh well, im happy with the tires cept for the profile.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:56 PM   #719
HELP ME PLS!!!

hehe sweet, i just hit "senior member" didnt know that happened at 500 whore posts....
Old 07-08-2002, 09:59 PM   #720

check this out, this is what i am thinkin for a cheap FMIC....

http://mkiv.virtual.net.nz/articles/kevinter.htm

add some fiberglass ducting maybe...

as for the brake pads.... its not the skweel or anything, they are CRAP! goin down the highway at 90/110 around there, and put on the brakes for a stoplight, and i get a vibration/weird feeling. its really hard to describe, but im pretty sure its the pads glazing over.... im goin to take the wheels off and check the pad life with the new slotted rotors. stock toyota pads are $81, in stock. so ill look for a different alternative.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:00 PM   #721
HELP ME PLS!!!

carbon carbon carbon!

stockers are garbage

3 MKIV stockers welded together.. ghetto sweetness

bet it'd flow nice

Last edited by Paradox; 07-08-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:12 PM   #722

im thinkin 2..... at US$100 each, plus $100-$200 or so for making endtanks, and having them welded....

i want porterfield pads.... but they are soooo expensive.... hey paradox, you goin to get in on that brake group buy on supraforums, the sticky at the top?
Old 07-08-2002, 10:34 PM   #723
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
im thinkin 2..... at US$100 each, plus $100-$200 or so for making endtanks, and having them welded....

i want porterfield pads.... but they are soooo expensive.... hey paradox, you goin to get in on that brake group buy on supraforums, the sticky at the top?
yeah two would be sweet, way better than a stocker MK3 I/C.... mounting would be a bitch tho.. have to custom mount ALL of it. i had enough probs with the spearco which was built for the damn MK3

the brake group buy is too pricey man.... i wish

i gotta stop spending money on my engine/drivetrain/brakes/wheels/etc and get the interior done!
Old 07-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #724

i might buy boost conrtoler today but don't know

but as for that getto inter cooler i wounder if ti whould flow that good

lower half ic i gona start to make to day an di got suprize for you all comeing up muahhahahahhahahha toby you going to hate me hehehe

any way i got seat blet pads up for sale if any onf you guys want em i get rid of em cheap or free or pack of smokes cough cough hork got t quit smokeing

Old 07-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #725
HELP ME PLS!!!

what color are the seat belt pads?