REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 07-29-2002, 07:06 PM   #926
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

aaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuurrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggg *crack* <- the sound i made when i sat down)

was workin on that alarm..... heres a suggestion. if your 6'4" and over 200 lbs, DO NOT try to cram yourself under the dash to get at ignition wires..... im about halfway done on the alarm install. its goin well, just have to hook up one more wire, then the sirens, install the trunk pop soleniod, and the sensors... hopefully be done tomorow...

so murray and ryan up for the autox on thursday? rental, you up for a cruise? me and you can hang back and let them race, so if they get pulled over again, we can cruise by laughing and waving

cold air box is on hold until i finish the alarm. if im not finished the box by thursday, ill bring what i have done for you guys to see.
Advertisement
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #927
HELP ME PLS!!!

yeah, get the airbox done! i wanna see i bet you could make some extra cash if you do infact sell them to people on supraforums, how much would materials be? i doubt very much.. and you could make 40bux USD for each one sold easy..

make that subbox too! i want one.. hah

im most likely up for duncan, christ that reminds me, i'll have to see if my AFPR is in yet, my cars stalling like all the time now and i swear theres less power.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:19 PM   #928

ya, ill have to pic up some aluminum tomorrow....

where can i run a 4 gauge power cable through the firewall? or do i have to drill a new hole ( i dont want to do that....).
Old 07-29-2002, 09:22 PM   #929
HELP ME PLS!!!

on the passenger side theres some holes big enough, isnt there?

ive got a pretty big hole in my car on the drivers side, i have the boost gauge going through there, some random wires and a bigass (not sure of gauge) power cable for my amp..

thats a stock hole as far as i know, is yours full? its like right below the power steering

Last edited by Paradox; 07-29-2002 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:28 PM   #930
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

(so murray and ryan up for the autox on thursday? rental, you up (for a cruise? me and you can hang back and let them race, so if (they get pulled over again, we can cruise by laughing and) (waving)

hahah very funny

next tiem i get pull ove i tell em to go after you becaue'syou are coke dealer and have broken speedo gauage hehehe j/k

but yae sighn up for the supra meet to duncan

don't care how you get there maybe even one of us will pic you up if you car is down or borrow momies or daddies car and beat the shit out of it hehehe

and bring pad and paper so we can all give our idea's to the web site and stuff

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:45 PM   #931
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I'm going to look at a Supra Turbo for sale... it's an 89

what are some things I should look out for? I hear head casket is a mojor one, anything else?

thanks
Old 07-30-2002, 12:08 AM   #932
HELP ME PLS!!!

that greame kellow or wutevers supra? yeah it sounds like a good deal if its in good condition... if i had a little bit more money id check it out myself, but 10K is just too much to spend on another car.

uhmm.. the stock BOV is usually toast by now, no big deal like a 50 dollar fix, check the brakes, check for rust, check for all the usual stuff, but definetaly check for coolant in the oil, yank the dip stick and take a look. look around the oil cap, is there white looking crusty stuff there? does the coolant light come on inside the car (its the furthest left dummy light, left of the tach and rpm gauge)

if you can, check the car out first thing in the morning, or when it hasnt been started yet. listen for a knock in the engine.

also if the engines been changed, make sure its a 89+ engine, im not really sure how to tell the differences by just looking at it, but its unlikely it wouldnt be since the engine mounts are different in 89+ supras.

hrmm, thats about all i can think of, theres a tip on www.supras.com under "SOGi" about buying a new supra. you might want to check that out.

g'luck man
Old 07-30-2002, 12:58 AM   #933
Sick motherfucker mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
aaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuurrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggg *crack* <- the sound i made when i sat down)

was workin on that alarm..... heres a suggestion. if your 6'4" and over 200 lbs, DO NOT try to cram yourself under the dash to get at ignition wires..... im about halfway done on the alarm install. its goin well, just have to hook up one more wire, then the sirens, install the trunk pop soleniod, and the sensors... hopefully be done tomorow...

so murray and ryan up for the autox on thursday? rental, you up for a cruise? me and you can hang back and let them race, so if they get pulled over again, we can cruise by laughing and waving

cold air box is on hold until i finish the alarm. if im not finished the box by thursday, ill bring what i have done for you guys to see.

sounds good to me ( i rarely check this thread so just pm me if ya wanna meet up or cruise )
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:01 AM   #934
Sick motherfucker mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradox
that greame kellow or wutevers supra? yeah it sounds like a good deal if its in good condition... if i had a little bit more money id check it out myself, but 10K is just too much to spend on another car.

uhmm.. the stock BOV is usually toast by now, no big deal like a 50 dollar fix, check the brakes, check for rust, check for all the usual stuff, but definetaly check for coolant in the oil, yank the dip stick and take a look. look around the oil cap, is there white looking crusty stuff there? does the coolant light come on inside the car (its the furthest left dummy light, left of the tach and rpm gauge)

if you can, check the car out first thing in the morning, or when it hasnt been started yet. listen for a knock in the engine.

also if the engines been changed, make sure its a 89+ engine, im not really sure how to tell the differences by just looking at it, but its unlikely it wouldnt be since the engine mounts are different in 89+ supras.

hrmm, thats about all i can think of, theres a tip on www.supras.com under "SOGi" about buying a new supra. you might want to check that out.

g'luck man
hey that light comes on for me
Old 07-30-2002, 02:04 AM   #935
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rental_metard

hey that light comes on for me
do you have coolant in your oil?

if not, just make sure your coolant is topped off
Old 07-30-2002, 07:07 AM   #936

i told him about that befor peruge it and if it still comes on you have leak out you fait full mec did mistake or cooling systme is not working right

one other thing if you ever buy supra

espli if it turbo is get there befor they start it get friend to hang out around the tail pipe and shee if she push bule for sec if it does they you turbo seals are getting old not saying ti bad but it will shwo sighns

one othe thign is cheak the turbo it self fins and play in it

one other thig to cheack for comp is to get comp teast done same and pesure test the cooling system

other then that is like buying any other car

and don't go by the oil cap it self it is nice moist around here and it will most likly be whihte under there caue so consation

cheak if it leaks oil and all that crap

but thing to lookfor is hows the turbo and if there is an play and the bhg thing

ways to find out if it is gone

cooling systme will just blow cold air no heat

after drive air bubbles come from the over flow tank or fome

griggling under the dash (this can all so be that the cooling system was not pergued fully) or crappy termsate

temp agauge spikes up and down (this can be the same one that i list about not pergued proporly and bad thermastae

milky oil cracked head ick

gas like film in water in over flow bhg

pushing whihte like mofo from tail pipe can be seal's on turbo or bhg

pull plug and there fi there all the same coulor that is good if to are difent shade then you have bhg

take cap off and if look of bubles keep comeing up bhg

if it does old fait full they she is really gone

was to find out if threme state is going

take cap off when it is cold and see if the coolent is moveing

if house sandwiches then it has low coolent and air in systme

thing to look at for turbo

shaft play so not tuch the wall of the houseing

if there is oil in there on the ic house way to cheak

is losen one hose bit like pash the plastic peac and if there oil in you eninge bay you seal's are going not bad but just showing sighns

if you push blue from start up

the trubo is craked in any way

ic house are big too cheak em to see if there not cracked

the fins is there chip and stuff

and the bov is all ways gone pon them

other then that there great car hope you get one then you cna be one of us muahahhahahhahhaa

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 07-30-2002, 09:01 AM   #937
Sick motherfucker mod

i'll right it down on my fridge
purge system when off work
gotcha
Old 07-30-2002, 09:21 AM   #938
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanks guys... I'll let you know how it goes
Old 07-30-2002, 12:23 PM   #939

Repeating again there is supra meet coming up this tursday for auto x at shell staion whiht the subway in it in langford going to wards duncan it on the highway it is at 6 sharp

Old 07-30-2002, 01:27 PM   #940

now im not sure if i can go on thursday.... might be the 2 year anniversary. but we're goin to parksville on sat, so it mightbe ok.... ill let you guys know, ill talk to the woman tonight...
Old 07-30-2002, 01:56 PM   #941

wip wip crack that wip hehehheheheh

if you keep em happy your happy

2 thingys you must know very much

i am sorry and yes dear

Old 07-30-2002, 04:35 PM   #942
HELP ME PLS!!!

you already said you'd go! we need to see the airbox, get on it now!

hahha, just kiddin' man ... we all know that if ya got a woman shes gotta come first, no matter what. because if you dont, you'll end up being the next john bobbit

ohh and btw, no AFPR for me until next week, unless i can swing a bit of a miracle. goddamnit!
Old 07-30-2002, 04:55 PM   #943

money talk ehhee and speeds things up

hey bring here along i control mury from not hitting on her hehehehe j/k or am i hehehehhe

hum doing that one peac will be har di but i got cool idea mury that you might like for your ic hose and cold air intake

all sare it when you when we meet up you may find my ide kinda cool and diffent hehehe

and dame you are right my air box does make it narrow just looke dat it to day makeing ti bigger is going to be changing but i am up for it i gotten this far havent i

hey muray desigh mini cards for our web site and supra group and i cna get em made but need good well made gfx and you good at that it has to be black and whiht thou

remmber the name is van iland supra acsation

or how ever the last part is spellt

Old 07-30-2002, 05:33 PM   #944
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan

remmber the name is van iland supra acsation
or how ever the last part is spellt
or VISA for short? hrmm.. i dunno man.. haha
Old 07-30-2002, 05:55 PM   #945

visa hehehehe

i know you cna make it work out good you good at that tyoe of stuff

Old 07-30-2002, 08:20 PM   #946
Sick motherfucker mod

enraged and paradox!?!?!
do you guys have to read nashman's post over and over to understand them

quick question nash: does your keyboard have a delete key at all ? lol
Old 07-30-2002, 08:32 PM   #947

you get used to it. he explained why he types liek that while ago, its not like hes an idiot or anything.

another day installing the alarm..... have to do: door wire, parking light flash, trunk, and sensors.... sirens are in... a pain since there is NO room in the engine compartment.... but i made it fit...

my hands are black, and i stink, so im goin to go shower and sleep...
Old 07-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #948
HELP ME PLS!!!

if you drink enough beer, all his posts sorta come together..

he doesnt get much respect because of that. altho he does know his shit, so i wouldnt trash him for not being able to type out sentences properly. we all have our flaws.

anyways, toby you still got your car ripped apart? steal your parents van or what? hope you can get it back together soon man, i know thats a pain in the ass job to do, i did it in my Rx7.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:49 PM   #949
HELP ME PLS!!!

ohh forgot to tell you guys too, i was in sidney today and saw this old couple in their 40's or so with a supra, i didnt know it was a supra at first, i just saw this nose that kept creeping up beside me on the left side of my car.

i looked over to see a white supra and these two old folks, the hatch was so crammed full of stuff it was left open and tied down. i talked to them a bit, asked them about the car and such. it was a 87 NA, they bought it originally in 94 and been loving it ever since, the guy driving the car was like drooling at my car.. haha i guess they'd been travelling all summer in that thing

nice folks, and decent condition supra... i just thought it was cool that the guy was so enthusiastic about the car, usually them old folks dont even give me a second look, im not even sure half the 40+ year old supra drivers know theres a "supra" tag on the back of the car
Old 07-30-2002, 08:51 PM   #950
Need to Seek Professional Help

He does have the ability to type somewhat properly, but he's just too damn lazy to take his time, which if you ask me is worse then just not being able to type.

...and he wonders why people don't respect what he has to say.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.
EightTrack is offline   Reply With Quote