REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #326
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Hey Deon,

It's Jassie from Hamber (if you remember!). I took my sisters to your restaurant as we were downtown for lunch today and I had heard great things about the restaurant already.

2 of us had the Tiger Prawn meal, and one had Noodle Box A.

We really enjoyed the meals (esp. the Tiger Prawn in the Garlic Butter sauce.. the flavour was exceptional!), and the service was really good, the staff was really friendly to us and the drink selection was awesome.

Only hiccup was, the Noodle Box A, which my sister thought came with Chicken in the Udon soup, but there was no chicken in the meal? Not sure if she just read it wrong, or if something was messed up when she asked for Veg. Tempura instead of the Prawn tempura.

For the price, downtown near Robson, I think it was very reasonable (under 40 for the 3 of us, with 1 Lychee slush drink ordered)... and I'm definitely coming back again!

The only other suggestion my sisters had, was that during lunch time (especially with it being quieter) for the music to be different. I didn't mind it, but they aren't fans of the rap :P.
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #327
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

hey jass... glad you enjoyed yourself... we shoudl go back as a group in week or so.. i haven;t seen ya in ages..

ducky.. EVERYONE LOVES YOU ! lol =) good seeing ya !
Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #328
RS controls my life!

Thanks again Deon. Went today with my friend. Food was good as usual but too bad I couldn't order liquor haha It was so tempting seeing everyone drinking especially with the cheap prices.. LOL

Just a thought but the Chicken Karaage seemed a bit dry this time around. Also you seemed to be quite busy with some of the waitreses bro haha
SlayerS_`BoxeR` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #329
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by hamsup
hey jass... glad you enjoyed yourself... we shoudl go back as a group in week or so.. i haven;t seen ya in ages..

ducky.. EVERYONE LOVES YOU ! lol =) good seeing ya !
aww thanks, everyone loves you move though. lol
CAB #7
Lucky Ducky
Ebisu Vip #17
05 Mazda3 GT 2.3
94 GSR
95 Civic Si
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #330
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
LOL yeah I hired a bunch of new girls since we opened Lunch and I had to train'em all, sorry didn't have time to talk to you!

I'll check on the chicken for ya!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #331
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Hmm, I went here with my gf the other day cuz I heard all the good stuff about it. I'm not a drinker and nor it my gf, so needless to say I don't have any comments about your drink menu, although it did look very exhaustive (good thing!). However, the food wasn't as spectacular as everyone said. The tastes weren't anything special the sashimi was okay. I started off with the agedashi tofu w/ the calamari...that was fucking awsome. I expected the rest of the dishes to be as kick ass...but nah, they were just regular tasting, sometimes a bit too much of the saucy stuff.

For the price I paid...it's somewhat expensive but considering it was downtown, it's okay but the quality and tastiness of the food should have been up there. I probably won't come back just becuase I don't think the taste justifies the cost but you do have some things on your menu that people may want to try out, since no one else offers it.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #332
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
thanx again deon for fitting me in last weekend =)

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #333

yah.. the agadashi tofu with calamari really is delicious !!! =)
Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #334
Ebisu Boss

Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah a lot of people like the Calamari Tofu, if you could recall even some of the other dishes that you ate I could work to improve on them, but sometimes its hard to satisfy every single individuals preferences and tastes.

I guess you don't eat out much in Downtown. I firmly believe our prices are very competitive say compared to Hapa and Shirubay, quantity and quality. Our drinks prices are comparable to that little hole-in-the-wall Greek Taverna close to Denman ($9.99 pitchers), but we provide a great, spacious ambiance for you to enjoy it in along with good food, the rent ain't cheap! Every dish cant be 'awesome' as it's impossible to achieve perfection, every restaurant will have their hiccups, positives and negatives.

~ D

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 06-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #335
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Oh yeah, that's for sure, and im not saying your resturant is bad or anything, I want people to go and try it out, I just think maybe my standards were too high when I gathered all the feed back from this forum. I guess I expected to taste some godly food..lol. Everyone's palate is different so don't worry too much about mine :P As long as there are (a large number of) people who do enjoy your food.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #336
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Made reservations for my bday dinner this Friday.

Time to try the agadashi tofu with calamari and more thunder fries + oysters
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #337
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Alphamale
Oh yeah, that's for sure, and im not saying your resturant is bad or anything, I want people to go and try it out, I just think maybe my standards were too high when I gathered all the feed back from this forum. I guess I expected to taste some godly food..lol. Everyone's palate is different so don't worry too much about mine :P As long as there are (a large number of) people who do enjoy your food.
This thread is just a giant ebisu circle jerk, a few people I know (from clubRSX) went and foudn the liqour nice and cheap but the food to be kinda mediocre.

Personally it's not my kinda cuisine.

I've also heard the atmosphere is pretty good.
RbSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #338

haha RBSX !!! thanks for your three cents =P lol !! I'll go with you and johnny sometime ! lol !
Old 06-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #339
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by hamsup
haha RBSX !!! thanks for your three cents =P lol !! I'll go with you and johnny sometime ! lol !
I heart you too buddy.

Ambrose said the good was kinda meh, John said the atmosphere was good, the booze was cheep but the food was meh.

Personally I'm reserving judgement until I go, and probably even then because it's not my niche.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #340

Yah i guess... well you know my number when you wanna head down on a weekend ... for a few drinks and some food =P
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #341
Banned (ABWS)

I don't have ur number budday!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #342
Director of RS Cares

deon, went with 2 of my girls on wednesday night. wanted to introduce myself as a rs member but i didn't

i use to go with the boyfriend a lot too but never got a chance to say hello.

anyways, good job on the restaurant so far. it was my friends first time going there and they loved it!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #343
Munchin' Michelle

Some of the food is just mediocre, but some of the items I love getting are the Tuna Tacos (wicked deal, especially compared to places like Joey's offering pretty much the same thing for a higher price and less tasty), thunder fries (great mayo, and good to keep for dipping other food items in lol), and calamari tofu is a must (I don't even like tofu!).
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #344
Founder, RS Veteran

someone on here raved about the taco rice, so I tried it for myself today. It was DAMN good! Oysters were a killer deal as always.

Thanks Deon!

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:10 AM   #345
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally posted by AznSiR
Thanks for your feedback!
Our drinks prices are comparable to that little hole-in-the-wall Greek Taverna close to Denman ($9.99 pitchers),
~ D
a pitcher of domestic is around 10-15 at ebisu? if so, i think i found a nice new place to go!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #346
Banned (BBM)

went there yesterday, place was packed~

good to see the business is booming , u guys have come a long way...now u just have to be patient with ur lunch menu~

great food as always~, satisified...

the deep fried shirmp is the bomb!!!

Thx D
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #347
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by AznSiR
LOL yeah I hired a bunch of new girls since we opened Lunch and I had to train'em all, sorry didn't have time to talk to you!

I'll check on the chicken for ya!
haha nice opened for lunch now too? Sweet.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 AM   #348
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Lunch on a warm day on the patio...awesome.

I think I'm gonna start to go for lunch more often. It's not as lively as the dinner crowd, but it's definately more peaceful which I like. Smoooooth atmosphere.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #349
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Went there for my birthday last week and everything was smooth as usual. I booked it for 9 people but had an extra person show up. The older Japanese man brought us to our booth and I knew right away it wasn't going to be enough for my group. I told him and he found us a table right by the end of the bar. Great service

Thanks for the blowjob Deon
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #350
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch28
Thanks for the blowjob Deon
Dude I thought we agreed that was only suppose to be between me & you!

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718