REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #1126
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
^LOL
Advertisement
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #1127
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Deon,

For my first time there, quite impressed.
Decor was above expectation.
Food was all around solid, staff was friendly, but I guess was a bit busy.
Maybe could have used just a tiny bump in attentiveness, but they were warm and friendly.

I know that kamei has something like a 3 items combo for $.$$ price.
You might consider something like this as well. It'd make like a good way to sell snack food with drinking. Kind of like the combo, probably a little less food and obviously without the beer for close to $20ish, that'd be pretty sweet.

The tuna was good.
I'll definitely be back again.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #1128
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Thanks for dropping by Culverin, as always your words of wisdom are taken to heart
I will see what I can do in the near future!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #1129
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Selling an extra Dining Pass if anyone missed out:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65848...ml#post7706111

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #1130
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Went there tonight and our table had 3 of the dining passes and were completely stuffed!

The dining pass was an absolute steal because the food was awesome. Our steak sliders had very minimal meat in it but the overall taste was still good.

Deon - Thanks for the promo!
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #1131
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
will there be a 2 hour limit for NYE? planning to go there for countdown. if we go there at 8pm can we stay after 12?
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #1132
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
will there be a 2 hour limit for NYE? planning to go there for countdown. if we go there at 8pm can we stay after 12?
2 hour limit will only apply if you book before 9:00pm, so if you can book it for 9pm or later you can stay the whole night! (we'll be open till at least 2am that night)

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #1133
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
here right now..any rsers here?
Posted via RS Mobile
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #1134
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hey Deon, the Canucks draw card for your restaurant says "no purchase necessary" but you do have to buy a pitcher of beer in order to draw a card, correct? Just a little confusion there, you might want to clarify with customers.. Cuz your server didn't do a really good job of explaining it..
Posted via RS Mobile
.darlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1135
Ebisu Boss

^ I think the servers didn't explain it very well because it is complicated in that it involves some government policies and codes, the contest is actually run by Granville Island Brewery, we just promote it. Nobody has ever asked us that question or paid attention to the fine print hehe... even I'm not entirely sure about the reasoning.
Do you notice that all those Labatt Coors Light and other beer commercials on TV that have prize giveaways (Budweiser Camp with dozens of hot chicks running around half naked comes to mind hehe) always end with "No Purchase Necessary" in their advertisements even though you technically need to buy a case of their beer to win?

Here's a reference for you to you take a browse through (I just googled it lol):

Why do contests say "no purchase required"?
March 21, 2006
Dear Straight Dope:

I've always wondered, why do so many contests have "no purchase necessary" in their rules? It seems like every contest I've ever seen on candy wrappers and fast food joints and whatever else, always specifies that you can enter the contest by contacting them with a post card or going through their website rather than buying their product. Is there some sort of tax loophole here where they save money if they allow people to enter without buying the product? Is it just a publicity stunt (although I don't know of anyone who has actually taken advantage of it)? Or is it just tradition? What are they up to?

— Eric Hanson, Little Rock, Arkansas

Eric, you've obviously given this a lot of thought--you've named three excellent possibilities. Unfortunately, they're all wrong, so it's up to me to give you the straight dope.

The explanation has to do with U.S. broadcasting laws. The Federal Communications Commission has a section in its rules called the "lottery" law. Under federal law, lotteries are illegal. Some lotteries, anyway. Not state or multi-state lotteries--those are OK under the lottery law. What's verboten are what the average person thinks of as contests. Confused? Just wait.

If a broadcaster wants to promote a contest, whether in a paid commercial or as a station promotion, he or she has to answer the three lottery law questions:

1.Is a prize being offered?
2.Is there chance involved in the selection of the winner (i.e., drawing a ticket)?
3.Does the consumer have to buy something to enter the contest? (This is called "consideration" by the FCC.)
If the answer to all three is "yes," then the promotion is a "lottery" and can't be broadcast. One "no" and the lottery law doesn't apply and can be broadcast.

Let's imagine you're a promotion director in charge of a contest. Which question would be the easiest to say "no" to?

1.If there's no prize there's not going to be much excitement, is there?
2.How will we select the winner? Not much choice there, is there?
3.There's your answer! Provide a way for those who don't wish to buy anything to enter the contest (postage stamps and a reasonable length of time driving to a location are exempt from this).

Back in my radio days, we gave away a trip to Hawaii provided by a new sponsor. We met with the sponsor's representatives and decided to do a "scavenger hunt" type of contest. One of the items required was an empty box of the sponsor's product. To avoid the "lottery designation" that would produce, the day we announced that particular item on the air, we also announced that anyone wishing to could pick up a free box of the sponsor's product at the radio station, or simply write the sponsor's name on a 3x5 card, and include that as part of the final hunt loot. See how that worked?

Note that this applies only to broadcast media, not print media. However, if a contest campaign in print also is being broadcast somewhere, then it must also contain the "no purchase required to enter" disclaimer.

Canadian law is a little different and applies to all media, both print and broadcast. They allow the "consideration" angle as long as the "chance" part is offset by a "skill" requirement. For instance, in a contest involving drawing a winner's name from a box of entries, a Canadian station could require an entrant to purchase the sponsor's product to enter. The winner would have to perform a "skill" test, such as correctly answering a mathematical or trivia question. Free entries as an alternative to the "skill tests" are being discussed, but as of right now the general consensus in Canada is to use "skill tests" to avoid running afoul of the law.

— Rico
Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #1136
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hahaha that is very interesting! No wonder I see the Granville island brewery logo on it.. Good stuff!
Posted via RS Mobile
.darlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #1137
RS controls my life!

I'm taking one of my girlfriends there tonight for her birthday! hope you guys have some good desserts!
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #1138
Director of RS Cares

Went for lunch on Friday with the hubnut. Was hoping to catch you but glad to know you got the afternoon off! You need a break!!!! LOL.

but seriously...we loved the chicken nambam? Nannan? ...the fried chicken with the cream sauce. YUM!
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #1139
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
Went for lunch on Friday with the hubnut. Was hoping to catch you but glad to know you got the afternoon off! You need a break!!!! LOL.

but seriously...we loved the chicken nambam? Nannan? ...the fried chicken with the cream sauce. YUM!
Posted via RS Mobile
chicken namban*
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #1140
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Hey Deon,

Will you be having another dine-out type combo/menu set this year? Friends bday is coming up and was wondering about it!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1141
Ebisu Boss

^ Good question, yes & no, it's not exactly Dine-Out per se. We will be launching a course menu package in February so stay tuned!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #1142
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
^ Good question, yes & no, it's not exactly Dine-Out per se. We will be launching a course menu package in February so stay tuned!
Of course not dine-out, that would mean garbage. This is why I said dine-out type!

That and who wants to pay a ridiculous fee to be a part of "dine out". Lame.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #1143
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Where the boss at
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #1144
Ebisu Boss

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #1145
I subscribe to Revscene

U mean baus
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1146
VLS Head Mod

Will be there tonight for dinner
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #1147
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
i will be waiting

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #1148
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
As will I. Look forward to going back.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #1149
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Saw your new ebisu flair on vaneats and i must say im impressed, it looks amazing
cant wait to get one and drop by!
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #1150
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
"Exclusive 5-Course Dining Pass / $20 / February 9th - April 5th, 2012

A. “Aigamo Duck Salad”, roasted duck and sauteed button mushrooms served on a garden of fresh spring greens and peppers in a citrus infused ginger dressing

B. “Salmon Carpaccio”, Atlantic salmon marinated in soy based olive oil topped with citrus white wine mayo & flavoured garlic chips

C. “Tiger Mayo”, deep fried Black Tiger prawns complete with the chef's sweet chilli mayonnaise dip

D.“Crunch & Munch Roll”, prawn tempura, cucumber, tobiko wrapped with unagi & avocado. Served with unagi & wasabi cream sauce

E. “Mars Attack”, featuring smooth nougat and creamy caramel coated in milk chocolate then deep fried served with 2 scoops of polar vanilla ice cream on flakes"

shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote