REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #51
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I've no clue how they attain the phone numbers and address, but this does not affect you renewing your insurance in any way.

Yes, you can change your phone number with ICBC but no, they won't start calling that number instead. They'll stick with the number they originally had you with when you recieved that ticket.

What you can try is get yourself another ticket purposefully, and if they start calling your second number, then you know that ICBC is the company that's giving out information. LOL.
Advertisement
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #52
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Where else other than my insurance company can my phone number be attached to my vehicle? I don't mind the mails, but the calls are admittingly slightly bothersome even with caller ID. It feels like I'm the target of a telemarketing list.

I'm going to change my phone number attached to ICBC anyway, I tend to get a random ticket from them every couple of years on average for some BS reason. Or maybe I'll try baddabing's suggestion to proceed with written correspondence only.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
they get the info from ICBC, I think it's because they run parking lots they're allowed to request such info. that's why if you change your plate quickly after getting a ticket, they can't contact you, because they request the info for a plate that is no longer valid, and get nothing.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #54
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

So the autoplan broker told me they don't change phone numbers, just home addresses. I've forgotten if I even wrote down a phone number when I first applied for insurance, but you would think I would have had to.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I have lots of tickets from Imperial and diamond parking.
I'v never paid. I have both imperial and diamond parking calling my house but I don't pick up my house phone.
Whoever picks up the phone just says wrong # if they call my house.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #56
SRK
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I got tons of parking tickets...Wiggins adjustments has my number on speed dial...it doesnt effect my credit one bit...I probably owe close to 2k...after 3 years the tickets expire they cannot collect..
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote