REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   My car is painted now (PICS) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/436858-my-car-painted-now-pics.html)

fletch 11-28-2006 06:57 PM

My car is painted now (PICS)

I've been working on my car and getting it ready for paint over the last few months. Most of the work was done by me with lots of help from the guys I work with. Finally got it painted on monday and put it all back together today.

Here's the link to the progression photo album:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554052217oWqIqY

I thought some people might be interested so have a look and let me know what you think.

There are still a few things to do (overspray removal, door jams, trim, etc)but it's pretty much done.
enjoy
cheers

-fletch

dustinb 11-28-2006 07:07 PM

Looks great! I envy anyone that can do that type of work. Where did you do the work?

And according to your windshield, you like boys.

fletch 11-28-2006 07:58 PM

Haha well that'll give you a clue as to where the work was done, a bodyshop! They wrote a bunch of crap like that, "crush it", "owner won't pay", etc...

It was done at advance collision, I was working there full time in the summer and now I'm there fridays because I don't have school.

-fletch

TurboRay 11-28-2006 08:03 PM

Dude that looks awesome! Nice work.

Celica Girl 11-28-2006 10:10 PM

Pure sex....another beautiful toyota.

Good choice on colours too dude! Basically the same as mine :)

Congrats...i'd be proud!!

danny_d19 11-28-2006 10:14 PM

Nice man, looks good in the pics..

Probably even better in person

darkVR6 11-28-2006 10:19 PM

I "HEART" Black cars! Looks great !- get ready to be anal about washing your car to keep the scratches away.

fletch 11-29-2006 12:07 AM

thanks!

Yah I knew what I was in for when I decided on the colour but I can handle taking care of it. Once spring/summer rolls around i'll wet sand a couple nibs, polish and wax it. Can't touch it until then though:( Kinda sucks that it's already dusty from sitting overnight in the bodyshop. when I was putting the nose peice back on I had to press pretty hard to thread a nut so my hand print is now in the clear haha, gotta polish that too i guess.

Still, I can't stop going out and looking at it though haha. Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm happy with it...I couldn't stop thanking the painter .

cheers

-fletch

Paradox 11-29-2006 01:44 AM

looks good man, did you cut out the grill area of the front bumper, too? i cant fully tell from the images.

fletch 11-29-2006 06:53 AM

^no it's a removable grill, took it out to paint, I just haven't put it back in yet.

-fletch

**edit: I think i understand you question, and no I didn't cut it out, all the clips are still there to hold it in I just have to put it back on**

Black SC2 11-29-2006 09:51 AM

That turned out great Fletch! Good times. Can't wait to see it back at the shop for some more go fast toys ;)

projectcivic 11-29-2006 10:04 AM

looks great, nice work.

Real Talk Sucka 11-29-2006 11:41 AM

noice job now slam that bitch

JD35 11-29-2006 09:09 PM

looking good
needs some deep dish rimsssss
turbos for life!! haha ;)
its jerrry btw

fletch 11-30-2006 08:56 AM

Haha hey jerry, yah I agree, I've seen and red rx7 softtop with some nice dished rims on it, I was gonna go steal those when the owner wasn't home. Have you seen that car?...lol

The weather's clearing up so I'll be putting those springs in real soon! My problem is that I can't take my lugnuts off, they don't make the key for them anymore. Everyshop in town I've gone to said they can't get them, at least SHC tried but the one they ordered was wrong and thats all they could find. So i'll have to figure that one out...

-fletch

Sunfighter 12-03-2006 02:52 AM

The paint job looks amazing, especially in those pics where the black color picks up all of the reflections of hte snowy surroundings. Nice job.

Kaito1412 05-05-2010 08:22 PM

Nice paint works! How much did it cost you?

Super Dipper 05-05-2010 10:18 PM

way to bring up a topic almost 4 years old genius.