REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #2976
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
Anyone have 22m nato strap they want to sell?
Try Perlon Watch Straps in Best Quality - DecoWrist ? decowrist

just ordered some, have ordered from them before. The perlon straps are nice too. Just got a promo code in my email from them

Thanksgiving Promotion!!
Enjoy 30% off Sitewide! Because Thanksgiving
Use code: DWTHANKS2015 ( Till 27 Nov 15 )
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #2977
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CED` View Post
looking for recommendations on an automatic watch...new US$1000
i like one's where it's see through on the backside so the movement is visible
preferably Swiss Made from an indie company...not conglomerates like Swatch or LVMH

not sure how realistic my parameters are...I have been looking at some of the entry-level Breitlings but they look kinda big for my small wrist and a bit too blingy
Try frederique constant. most are in house and affordable. jomashop has good discounts for them, but not always in stock. They sell them at holt renfrew if you want to see them in person.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #2978
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I don't mind smaller...I have a small wrist

my first mechanical watch so I don't want to stretch my budget

i was originally looking at smartwatches but realized I don't need all that distraction and it'll be obsolete in a few years. Then I looked into swiss watches with activity/sleep tracking like the new movado and frederique constant, then realized I'll probably stop caring about those smart features after 6 months (nor am I gonna wear it to the gym).

What's a good website to browse used watches?

Yes my watch will be under a nitrile glove quite a bit, I'm thinking this is something nicer I can wear on the weekends and I will just daily my steel Seiko quartz chrono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
How big r u looking for 33-34mm? If u don't mind smaller you can go vintage style. Vintage seamaster that well restored is a nice piece or other vintage higher end watches are very classy.

If you want bigger, have you heard of nomos, look at their tangente. I don't know if you like the white face blue hands look.

If u can go used, and you can stretch that 1000 a bit you can get a used Aqua terra.

If you want to stay under 1000 and a dress watch look at frederique constant. They sell it in that watch store on Georgia, time and gold. Go in and look at the watch but buys new online much cheaper, unless you can haggle them down. ��
Also if you are ok with swatch groups now too, since u looking at tissot, u can give longines a look, they may have different style. But tissot and longine is like Honda and Acura, same inside different outside paying for the name.
But visodate is classy, one of the best affordable dress watch.

I would suggest you look into frederique constant too
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
Oh I also read that you work in scrubs, r u in hospital setting, if so maybe look for something with a decent wr, water resistance, and I dunno how well the leather strap will hold up under constant water. Just a though.
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:20 AM   #2979
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone know if there any jewelry/watch stores locally that would let you trade in/trade up on mint condition luxury watches?

Don't want to go with a pawn shop for sure, and selling online is kind of a hassle dealing with shipping etc.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #2980
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Recently picked up an 80's Seiko

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #2981
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Bought this watch as one of my traveler's watch
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008...ilpage_o00_s00
Was using the Casio Tough Armour but found that watch a bit bulky even though it was built with protection.
Also thinking of getting at watch from these guys
The Fifth Watches
I really like the clean design and only around $100 USD.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #2982
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ I just bought the same one last night but with a leather band. I got mine for $15, cant go wrong with that
Amazon.Com has/had a black friday sale. I'm not sure if its still working but TIMEXGIFT gives you 50% off any of the Timex watches sold by Amazon.com.

Amazon.com: Timex Unisex T2N893 Weekender Silver-Tone Watch with Leather Band: Timex: Watches
van19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #2983
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

^^ Is a nice watch. It does have a ticking noise but not that annoying.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #2984

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001SQLI9C/r...088100_TE_item
$97 dollar with the lighting deal

Not sure if I will like the cuff style......
Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #2985
The Fiesta Dipper

Here's the current state of my collection: From Left To Right
Zelos Helmsman in Stainless Steel #12 of 50 in Brown Dial (Kick Starter Company)
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day Date Chrongraph With Factory Diamond Bezel CAF2014
Zelos Abyss 3000M In Bronze #3 of 50 in Green Dial & Custom Patina Done By Me (Kick Starter Company)
Oris Williams F1 Chronograph Team Watch

Watches owned in the past but sold include
Tag Heuer Monaco CW2112
Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage
Tag Heuer Formula 1 WAC1110-0
Tag Heuer Formula 1 WAC1111
Heuer Professional 1000 - 980.209L
SevenFriday P1-B
Tag Heuer Formula 1 - CAH1210
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12346249_925002950929358_647778820_n.jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by E_Fahlman; 12-12-2015 at 02:53 PM.
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #2986

Where is a good place to pick up a nice leather strap locally? Want to a new strap for my new Sekio watch. Want to use this as my daily driver if possible.
Sorry for the dusty watches. Was cleaning my desk and there dust all over! I should also get a case to put my watches in instead of leaving them on my desk.
Like this watch a lot. It just arrive today! Don't really like the leather strap though.

My everyday watch

is decent

This watch super tough! It got chew up by co-worker dogs, bang on walls etc etc and still looks decent. One of my travel watch. Solar power so I am not worry it will run out of battery and it have most cities timezone built in so I can switch timezone easily. Also comes with alarms.
My other everyday watch

Other watches that I use but don't use them daily (as you can tell some of them needs a new battery.)

Cheap solar watch I pick up. Seems a lot cheaper than the pics when I purchase it online......

Ex bought this watch. Still decent looking but needs a new band and battery change.

Parents and sisters bought it for my as my graduation present. Is a nice watch but if I can pick again I would have pick another one. For the price I could have gotten something better made rather than the brand.

Co-worker got it as a birthday present. More like a fashion watch than anything. Not very comfy to wear as well.

I bought this myself as one of my first expensive watch. Looks really sharp but on the heavy side and is pretty thick.

Never wear much. Guess I got them coz they are on sale.

Anyways I am really starting to enjoy wearing watches but changing batteries on all my watches is really expensive (some charge as much as $30!!!) does anyone know a decent place that changes battery for cheap? And also a place that sells nice leather strap?
Got myself some tools online to change battery and adjust strap myself
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00C...ilpage_o03_s00
http://www.amazon.ca/Piece-Watch-Rep...70QE9MKYASXTRV
http://www.amazon.ca/8-25mm-270pcs-W...70QE9MKYASXTRV

I also have another watch I order as my one of my own Xmas present
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive BM6930-57E Black Titanium Eco-Drive Watch

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 12-22-2015 at 08:03 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #2987
I am Hook'd on RS

For the money and fit/finish, quality, you can't go wrong with FOSSIL! Average price is from $50-$300, but with that you get a super nice watch! I have one of their gold watches, and it doesn't get scuffed or wears out like similar GUESS watches I've gotten before. I have a ferrari watch, lots of michael kors, guess etc. I have a huge GSHOCK collection, and those are amazing watches by Casio and last forever, they take a beating and keep on ticking! Lightest, most comfortable watch you'll ever wear!
MuranoGO-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #2988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoGO-15 View Post
For the money and fit/finish, quality, you can't go wrong with FOSSIL! Average price is from $50-$300, but with that you get a super nice watch! I have one of their gold watches, and it doesn't get scuffed or wears out like similar GUESS watches I've gotten before. I have a ferrari watch, lots of michael kors, guess etc. I have a huge GSHOCK collection, and those are amazing watches by Casio and last forever, they take a beating and keep on ticking! Lightest, most comfortable watch you'll ever wear!
I was debating on getting Sekio, Citizen or Fossil. In the end Citizen and Sekio won me over. Seems like Citizen is a better brand than Fossil in terms of being a casual business or business watch. Fossil have seems a bit flashly where Citizen seems to focus more on tradition. Sekio seems to be more flashy then Fossil in my books. For me personal I found a lot of Fossil watch try too hard to be a tradition while being flashy. Just doesn't match.

Edit still looking for a good place to buy leather strap and can change batteries for cheap.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #2989

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoGO-15 View Post
These are all "fashion" watches with cheap Chinese quartz movement inside + brand name = over priced.

In my humble opinion, money spent in the same price bracket would be better suited to Seiko, Citizen and even pre-owned Tissot. Workhorse automatic movement, great pedigree and trusted for it's construction and quality for the money.

But to each their own, at the end of the day, it depends on what people are looking for in their watches.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #2990
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Where is a good place to pick up a nice leather strap locally? Want to a new strap for my new Sekio watch. Want to use this as my daily driver if possible.
what kind of leather strap and what size lugs? I have a 20mm Hirsch Modena in brown with white stitching which was worn once.

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #2991
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
is there a way to fix up all those scratches that's on the watchs?

Spoiler!
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #2992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTalon View Post
what kind of leather strap and what size lugs? I have a 20mm Hirsch Modena in brown with white stitching which was worn once.
20 mm but looking for a black one.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #2993

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post

Spoiler!
Most likely no. The Guess one needs a lot of work most likely change the strap. Some ppl say you can try toothpaste to make it look better? Not sure how that will work. It actually doesn't that bad. I just zoom in real close lol.

Early Xmas present from my sister.

Now I am not sure if I should keep the citizen that I order. If I don't cancel I have 3 new watch in a month that seems a little over the board.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #2994
rb
Network Admin Team

Quote:

Spoiler!
I use Meguiars mag and aluminum polish to take out the fine scratches. Then I go over it with Never Dull wadding. You can buy both products from Canadian Tire for about $10/each.

I apply the polish with a q-tip to go over the stainless bits as it will ruin any colored parts. Then I buff it off with a microfiber cloth.

Toothpaste can be used as a polishing compound but it only works on acrylic crystals and those are more commonly found on older watches.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #2995

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:

Spoiler!
Amazon.com - Cape CodŽ Metal Polishing Cloths Foil Pouch 0.53oz - Household Cleaning Wipes And Cloths
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #2996
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

is the Seko destroyed from the polish perminatly?
mciroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #2997
rb
Network Admin Team

Yup, that's why I had to order a whole new parts watch as dial refinishing costs $150+. It was a really sentimental watch and I was gonna pay that but I was lucky to find an identical parts watch for $40 on ebay. Those polishes certainly do work on the steel parts to bring back the shine and to remove small scratches... but keep it the hell away from anything with colour or even a brushed steel looking watch case/strap. That goes for almost any watch polish.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #2998
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Put a deposit for the Tag connected watch, it'll be arriving in March.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #2999
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Put a deposit for the Tag connected watch, it'll be arriving in March.
When do they let you trade in for a classic Tag?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #3000
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Bought this watch as one of my traveler's watch
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008...ilpage_o00_s00
Was using the Casio Tough Armour but found that watch a bit bulky even though it was built with protection.
Also thinking of getting at watch from these guys
The Fifth Watches
I really like the clean design and only around $100 USD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
^ I just bought the same one last night but with a leather band. I got mine for $15, cant go wrong with that
Amazon.Com has/had a black friday sale. I'm not sure if its still working but TIMEXGIFT gives you 50% off any of the Timex watches sold by Amazon.com.

Amazon.com: Timex Unisex T2N893 Weekender Silver-Tone Watch with Leather Band: Timex: Watches
Have the same watch also, but in the process of returning it, the ticking is too god damn loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote