REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #3051
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
When you change the date be sure the watch is set to any time that is not 8PM to 2AM. Between these two times, the movement is using additional mechanisms to change the date, this will really screw up the mechanism of the watch if you try to set the date.

All watches are different so saying 8PM to 2AM is a wide range. For my Khaki King i just make sure its nowhere between 10PM and 2AM.

Also when changing the date and time on Hamilton watches, be sure to fast wind forward, it gets wonky when winding backwards, I thought I had broken my watch at one point when I didn't know how to set the dials by winding backwards.
From what I've been told, it's a problem with most older day/date watches in general. Something to do with how the day/date wheels interact. And yes, it seriously can fuck up a day/date wheel. The watch may still work but the day/date may become nonfunctioning. In any case, I've been told the best way to set watches would be to first set the time to 6am or 6pm. Next set the day/date to the day before. Finally set the time, going forward 12 hours if needed.
Advertisement
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #3052
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Latest buy, Suunto Core All Black ABC Watch

Denzel was wearing one in the movie "The equalizer" to time his ass kickings

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #3053
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Latest buy, Suunto Core All Black ABC Watch
Did you pick that up locally? Wanted to get one for work on Boxing Day from Sport Chek/Atmosphere, but none of the locations had that model anymore.
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 AM   #3054
I subscribe to Revscene

anyone know where i can get a reliable place to restore watches? Im just looking for someone who can buff out scuffs/scratches...minor cosmetics restoration.
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #3055
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
Did you pick that up locally? Wanted to get one for work on Boxing Day from Sport Chek/Atmosphere, but none of the locations had that model anymore.
I bought it pre-owned. The last time I've heard of someone finding the Core all black locally was at a Costco 2-3 years ago.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #3056
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
^ you can get it at MEC. that model in particular is another story.

I've had mine for over 10 yrs and took it diving in Trindad and Tobago so it's legit watch. I even took it in for service by sending it to Suunto. Legit over all.

Compass ain't the best and temp ain't going to be on par cause it's on ur wrist all the time.

I love that it's battery changing friendly.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #3057
I am Hook'd on RS

Can anyone recommend a good watch repair shop in Surrey or Langley? Have a Nixon watch with a digital display that went wonkey after I took it into The Bay at Willowbrook Mall to have the battery replaced. (They would not take responsibility for it despite it being in perfect working condition since the battery was dead when I took it in and they did not see it themselves if it was working or not) The battery on the watch is already dead again despite having it replaced at The Bay a couple months ago. Also have a Fossil watch that needs battery replaced too.

Thanks!
thebrownboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #3058
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownboy View Post
Can anyone recommend a good watch repair shop in Surrey or Langley? Have a Nixon watch with a digital display that went wonkey after I took it into The Bay at Willowbrook Mall to have the battery replaced. (They would not take responsibility for it despite it being in perfect working condition since the battery was dead when I took it in and they did not see it themselves if it was working or not) The battery on the watch is already dead again despite having it replaced at The Bay a couple months ago. Also have a Fossil watch that needs battery replaced too.

Thanks!
I always tell people never to go to the Bay for anything watch related, no matter if its free or not. They have a high percentage of fucking shit up.

I trust those little asian shops in malls to change my batteries when needed.

But sorry to tell you it will be hard finding someone to service a Nixon watch.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #3059
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Dammit rb, I was looking for that exact model too
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #3060
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

White G-Shock
xjabboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:01 PM   #3061
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Panarei Luminor Marina PAM048 (Weekend Driver)
IWC Portuguese Chronograph (Garage Queen)
Moto 360 Gen 1 (Daily Driver)
Fitbit Charge Hr (Beater to Gym)
asian_XL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:42 AM   #3062
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
will watch winders found on ebay get the job done for an automatic that I only wanna wear on weekends? i don't care about the looks/build quality.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:16 PM   #3063
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
will watch winders found on ebay get the job done for an automatic that I only wanna wear on weekends? i don't care about the looks/build quality.
I know this doesn't answer your specific question I hope someone else gives you the answer you are looking for. I honestly don't think you need a watch winder. Just set the time when you need to wear it and go; You mentioned automatic so it will wind on your wrist. That way you know it's accurate. If you use a winder you will probably have to adjust the time for accuracy anyways. Unless you have a super accurate movement or a chronometer then I bow in shame (but then you would need a sick high end winder).

If i'm missing something i'd like to know too

side note, found me a nato strap at DSTactical. Pretty damn good quality fyi anyone interested
DS Tactical
Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #3064
The Fiesta Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Yup they'll do the trick. My first was a 60$ dual winder I got from Amazon. It was all plastic and the build quality seemed decent but the electic motor for the bottom watch eventually burnt out. I think mainly due because I had a Heavy 44mm Stainless Steel Chronograph on the bottom. But either way it lasted about 2 years then I just tossed in the garbage
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #3065
The Fiesta Dipper

I received this Ball Fireman Victory on a partial trade a couple weeks ago. Pretty nice watch something of a poor man's Rolex DateJust II very similar in style. I've worn it for a couple weeks but not really my cup of tea. I'll likely be selling it in the next few weeks if anyone is interested; it's in mint condition full box and papers even has one year warranty left watch is only 2 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12558683_1513228532305585_1392387893_n.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by E_Fahlman; 02-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #3066
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Well I've joined the club!

radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #3067
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
^^^
Congrats!!! I hope you didn't over pay like the one you showed me in whatsapp chat.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #3068

Old 02-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #3069
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i have a panerai luminor marina as daily beater watch when i do wear my watch, cheap, so if i lose it not gonna cry over it

im always been a fan casio digi watchs ever since i was a kid and the fact every is wearing one these days, i kinda want G Shock

i looking for something that doesnt break the bank (some ppl spend more then 700 cnd for one), color easy to maintain

this will replace my beater watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 02-06-2016 at 10:59 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #3070
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^ wears a panerai as a cheap daily. So much jellyness.

I've gotten into g shock lately too but I've only been spending less than $100 for all of the pieces I have.

Check out the rangeman. Master of G series, it's a big and have some wrist presence, will certainly remind you of your panerai. Starts at about $250 and goes up depending on color and function.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #3071
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Fahlman View Post
I received this Ball Fireman Victory on a partial trade a couple weeks ago. Pretty nice watch something of a poor man's Rolex DateJust II very similar in style. I've worn it for a couple weeks but not really my cup of tea. I'll likely be selling it in the next few weeks if anyone is interested; it's in mint condition full box and papers even has one year warranty left watch is only 2 years old.
How much were you thinking of asking for it?
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #3072
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post

I've gotten into g shock lately too but I've only been spending less than $100 for all of the pieces I have.

Check out the rangeman. Master of G series, it's a big and have some wrist presence, will certainly remind you of your panerai. Starts at about $250 and goes up depending on color and function.
mines a super A and its cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #3073
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post

What's in your G-Shock collection?

The Rangeman is quite pricey locally (Watch It!). I snagged 2 of it on eBay before the Canadian dollar tanked
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #3074
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Well I've joined the club!

Nice Hammy, looks a tad big on your wrist from that angle though.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:30 PM   #3075

Ya that auto only comes in 46 sadly. Probably could have been a tad smaller.

Obviously overcompensating

Spoiler!

Last edited by radioman; 02-07-2016 at 11:42 PM.