REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #326
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,735 Times in 812 Posts
Takaya in North Van has had an ongoing online coupon(print it out and show them) for almost a year now. you get 4 buckets for the price of three. and, you get 90 balls/bucket before 6pm weekdays. that = .054/ball
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #327

just got a call. invited to play Seymour, 4 o'clock today...

guess i have to leave work early...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #328
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
Takaya in North Van has had an ongoing online coupon(print it out and show them) for almost a year now. you get 4 buckets for the price of three. and, you get 90 balls/bucket before 6pm weekdays. that = .054/ball
i just went to Hastings for their early bird special..
$4 for 75 balls, 830am-12pm

i thought the coupon for Takaya expires mar31? i know some of you said it dosen't.. but that's was in april.

u tried the coupon recently?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #329
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
i just went to Hastings for their early bird special..
$4 for 75 balls, 830am-12pm

i thought the coupon for Takaya expires mar31? i know some of you said it dosen't.. but that's was in april.

u tried the coupon recently?

they ALWAYS take the coupon regardless of the date - they have a lame webmaster

we print 2 coupons every week and use them - still good!
miznorthvanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #330

Quote:
just got a call. invited to play Seymour, 4 o'clock today...

guess i have to leave work early...
Let me get the crying towel, you are just soooo hard done by.....
Old 07-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #331
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

fuck, i really should ditch the office and play a round... my girlfriend is in early labour, which means the baby is coming tonight... which means no golf for a while

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rickster View Post
fuck, i really should ditch the office and play a round... my girlfriend is in early labour, which means the baby is coming tonight... which means no golf for a while

I was interupted while reading your post and misread what you wrote. You should have heard me cursing you....I read (quickly) that you "should ditch the office and play around....my girlfriend is in early labour" . I won't tell you what went through my mind............I humbly apoligize

From experience, early labour can last 2 days (trust me, I went through it).
Go have a game and relax....it will be your last time for awhile

And, incase I miss the annoucement.........congratulations to all on the birth of your new child
Old 07-26-2008, 06:00 AM   #333
bkw
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rickster View Post
aw too bad, but congrats though. we should hack it up again before the birth haha

Also looking for 2 more guys to make up 4, looking to play thursday the 31st probably aroudn 2'sh? anyone want to come out? maybe fraserview or something.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #334

barely made the last sunlight @ Seymour last night. teed off @ 4:20, so any later would have been too late. other than that, what a nice course. so well groomed. fairways...mint. bit pricey, but other than that, i really liked it.

btw,i think non-members can only play mondays or fridays.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #335

a scorching 76 @ Delta, too bad its only a par 67...

ok, off to Golden Eagles right now. very cloudy, but no rain so far.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #336
bkw

weather should hold out for you hopefully. i drizzled a bit over here at fraserview from about 5-530am and looks like it'll be decent for most of the day.

I've never been to Golden Eagles before, looks nice on the website. Is it anywhere near Pitt Meadows or Meadow Gardens? Those are the only ones I've played out there...
Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #337
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
a scorching 76 @ Delta, too bad its only a par 67...

ok, off to Golden Eagles right now. very cloudy, but no rain so far.
Damn, good job. Could you give me a lesson or 2 ? ahahah
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkw View Post

I've never been to Golden Eagles before, looks nice on the website. Is it anywhere near Pitt Meadows or Meadow Gardens? Those are the only ones I've played out there...
see the red balloon, that Neaves Rd. as you can see, its about 5 minutes southeast of Swaneset. i suggest playing the North Course. the South Course is a bit shorter,bit easier.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #339
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

hey guys, problem..

i got myself a cheap beginner set at sportschek, but there seems to be a problem..
at first, i got a set of Dunlop DDH for $200, but after a week or so, my driver dented and cracked.. so i went back to sportschek and the manager was nice enough to let me return it (i used all of the clubs already)

now, i got myself a set of rams, because it was stiffer and i got a pretty aggressive swing.. (the dunlop feels too light). it's perfect and it's only $129.99!
however, i was hitting at the driving range for these couple days.. after about 40 balls on the driver, it started to DENT AGAIN! no cracks yet.. but i am sure it's going to fuck up soon.

is it me or the club? i gotta admit i swing pretty hard..
the dent is at the back of the club face.. you know.. the back part when you lie it on the ground..

and no i didn't drop it. give me some pointers! should i keep it and wait for it to break and go buy another driver, or just return it to sportschek again?

thanks guys!
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 AM   #340
bkw

Quote:
see the red balloon, that Neaves Rd. as you can see, its about 5 minutes southeast of Swaneset. i suggest playing the North Course. the South Course is a bit shorter,bit easier.

ooohh, cool I'll make sure to try it out before sept rolls around thanks.

Quote:
hey guys, problem..

i got myself a cheap beginner set at sportschek, but there seems to be a problem..
at first, i got a set of Dunlop DDH for $200, but after a week or so, my driver dented and cracked.. so i went back to sportschek and the manager was nice enough to let me return it (i used all of the clubs already)

now, i got myself a set of rams, because it was stiffer and i got a pretty aggressive swing.. (the dunlop feels too light). it's perfect and it's only $129.99!
however, i was hitting at the driving range for these couple days.. after about 40 balls on the driver, it started to DENT AGAIN! no cracks yet.. but i am sure it's going to fuck up soon.

the dent is at the back of the club face.. you know.. the back part when you lie it on the ground..

and no i didn't drop it. give me some pointers! should i keep it and wait for it to break and go buy another driver, or just return it to sportschek again?

thanks guys!
if your getting dents on the bottom of the club, you must be contacting the bottom with something. if you dont hit any of the poles or stalls aroudn you, it must be a ball or something. do you top the ball?

i've seen clubs dent at the bottom because of topped balls so its not uncommon. i've seen it w/ expensive drivers and cheap ones, just that part of the driver isn't made for ball contact thats all. if its from an inexpensive full set i wouldn't worry too much about it, just whale away man.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #341
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
hey guys, problem..

thanks guys!
You're lucky you got a refund after you dented your first driver. If you are hitting the ball with the face, there's no way it can dent on the back of the head -- it could maybe crack on the face. You must be doing something like dropping the club on the ground or topping the ball as mentioned.

Also, if you're just starting out I would suggest taking easier, more controlled swings for a while until you can consistently make good contact.
dspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 AM   #342
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
hey guys, problem..

thanks guys!
Can you post pics of the club? IMO, might be your stance if you're topping the ball. Try these tips? http://golf.about.com/od/golftips/a/hitting460cc.htm

Last edited by rb; 08-06-2008 at 05:18 AM.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #343

Random trivia fact # 432:

there are 3 golf balls on the moon.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #344
My homepage has been set to RS

Im lovin my Taylormade R7 irons and new clevland launcer driver 9.5....although my handicap isnt where id like it to be, im hitting some good shots so im happy with the season...its been fun so far!
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #345
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I will start to play SHOT online to learn my golf clubs again. The one near silvercity riverport richmond is pretty cheap. Don't know the rates or anything but it's on no.6 road.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #346

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
do u mean savage creek?

price is decent. however, there tends to be too much punk kids there talking way too loud and hitting the ball all over the place
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #347

my g/f and i are off to NorthView(Resort) for a Texas Scramble company tourney. over 100 players, and win a new Pontiac if you ace a designated par 3.

yay for no work fridays and playing golf!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #348
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
I'm in the market for new irons. I went to golftown and swung the X18s and X Tours as they're both on sale. I have '04 Big Berthas now so I'm slightly partial to Callaways. Anyway, I liked them both but found the X18s were a lot softer to hit because they're much more forgiving. So now I'm in a rut. Do I buy the more forgiving club that are basically no different than what I'm using now? Or do I buy the X tours which are slightly harder to hit, but will give me something to work on?

The main reason I'm buying new irons is because I'm taking lessons in the offseason and want a new fitted set to learn properly on.

I think I'll go down to Birdies and Buckets in Surrey and hit the Callaways as well as the R7s and even try some Nikes. Its nice they have a golftown right there at the range. They'll tape anything up and let you hit them there rather into some video screen.

FYI - Costco has an awesome deal for Whistler Golf course. $100 for a green fee, bucket of warmup balls and a $15 food voucher. Played it last weekend and it's easily worth the drive. Very well maintained course as you would expect.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
FYI - Costco has an awesome deal for Whistler Golf course. $100 for a green fee, bucket of warmup balls and a $15 food voucher. Played it last weekend and it's easily worth the drive. Very well maintained course as you would expect.

my boss just gave me two of those as a little bonus. sold them on craigslist for $150 in a few hours.

btw, if you have the $$$ and you like Callaway, try the FT series of irons. wow, they hit like butter. the caveat though is that everybody hits differently, and just because you get the most expensive,newest technology equipment doesn't necessarily mean they're the clubs for you. i read once golfers should'nt pick the clubs, let the clubs pick the golfer. so true. whatever you get,make sure you try them out first,preferably in a few rounds of golf. hard to do, i know. also, make sure you get them fitted for your swing and body type. if you are tall for example, order them long from the factory(most stores will do that for you). don't get stock length off the shelf and later on get them lengthened from the fitter(lengthening/new grips=$$$$$).

Last edited by N.V.M.; 08-23-2008 at 06:42 AM.
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:34 AM   #350

4:30, off to Peace Portal.