REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #601
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Has anyone here played Furry Creek. How was it? Is it worth it or should I just go up to Whistler to play a round?

I was thinking about playing there in next week or so.
Advertisement
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #602
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Furry Creek is something you should experience, but it's a tough course. trees,narrow fairways, major elevation changes.you'll see why a power cart is mandatory.

bring LOTS of golf balls, you'll need them. i've played it 6-8 times, i really enjoy it, but i do not expect shooting 80 there. lastly, leave your driver at home.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #603
I don't get it

Furry Creek is one of the most picturesk(spelling) courses out there. I'm gonna bet your gonna say, "this is the life" multiple times while playing the course there.
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #604
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
lastly, leave your driver at home.
Why? just wondering
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Why? just wondering

even from the Gold tee boxes, there's only 1 par 4 over 400 yards, and it's downhill, big time. most par 4's are in the 350 range, so a 3 wood leaves you a wedge in to the green. control is the name of the game there, not power.

the holes on the west side of the highway are probably the safest holes to hit driver, but personally i just still use the 3 wood.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell View Post
Furry Creek is one of the most picturesk(spelling) courses out there. I'm gonna bet your gonna say, "this is the life" multiple times while playing the course there.
I have played Tobiano before and that course had some amazing views. One of the reasons why I wanna play Furry Creek is because it just looks amazing.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #607

Tobiano is like playing on the moon!

oh wait,water....

Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #608
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Anyone play zoekels(sp) course sagebrush? Someone told me that a 4-some is $700 and after the 2nd hole you go fishing for 2 hours before continuing?
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #609

didn't read about that fishing bit, HERE .

but it is $700 for 4 persons & notice that it has to be cleared by the members first, too.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #610

i played Langara this morning. i chunked it, i topped it, i three putted. shit, just not my day to hit it well. one of the guys shot a 77, just to piss me off more.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #611
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXV603 View Post
Has anyone here played Furry Creek. How was it? Is it worth it or should I just go up to Whistler to play a round?

I was thinking about playing there in next week or so.
if you plan on playing at furry creek, go to golfbc.com and register(its free). i've played there a couple times and we always book online with the last minute tee times. sometimes even 50% off
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #612

played on wednsday at Cultas lake mens night, think thats the last round of my season

i gotta fix my swing, cant go on playing with what i have, ive been golfing for like 10 years now and a guy in our 4-some actually asked me "hey, u thinking of taking golf up seriously? implying like i'd never played before even though i've got like $2000 of shit in my bag

inconsistancy is killing me the last few, gotta rework my swing completely.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #613
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^ I've been thinking about taking lessons myself. I got my dad a great deal on off-season lessons at Northview which included 9 holes with the instructor after the lessons were done. You'll be playing in the cold rain, but it was inexpensive (can't remember exactly) and I think having an instructor with you on course to teach about uneven lies etc. even for 9 holes would be pretty valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #614
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

i gotta fix my swing, cant go on playing with what i have, ive been golfing for like 10 years now and a guy in our 4-some actually asked me "hey, u thinking of taking golf up seriously? implying like i'd never played before even though i've got like $2000 of shit in my bag

inconsistancy is killing me the last few, gotta rework my swing completely.
The guy sounds like a prick. I was playing new irons last year without even hitting the range and thats what some old guy said to me too.

Do you change your gear often? I'm far more consistent now since I've stopped changing my clubs. I've learned not to buy into the hype of getting the latest and greatest. If something works, dont change it.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #615
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Do you guys know when Winter Rates Start? Sept or Oct?
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
The guy sounds like a prick. I was playing new irons last year without even hitting the range and thats what some old guy said to me too.

Do you change your gear often? I'm far more consistent now since I've stopped changing my clubs. I've learned not to buy into the hype of getting the latest and greatest. If something works, dont change it.
He was an older guy who's played with my buddy before but I figured he would have realized I've got all this gear in my bag and I'm not new to it

This year is the first year with my new irons so they've been hit and miss but my main problem is consistancy of my swing, I find at times I will almost forget how my swing works and I'll just duff it or worse, my problem is my swing is mostly my upper body and my backswing is a 3/4 backswing on thr best of days, more like half take back most of the time

Gonna try to rework my swing completely during the winter and try to get a full backswing going
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #617

went to the opening of the new Golf Town in North Van yesterday. i think its what you call a "soft" opening, and hopefully there will be a full blown grand opening with tons of specials in the next week or two.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #618
Waxin’ Punks

Realized the other day that this is the first season I haven't purchased a new club... the only thing I really need is an X20 4 iron. My set came with a 4 hybrid which looks horrific at address. I can't use it. I got one of the last sets of X20's Golftown had and none of them had a 4 iron, only hybrids.

I also realized my 53* Cleveland wedge is my money club. What I have done with it:

My hole in one - 18th hole @ Meridian (was the 9th) short 85 yard or so blind uphill. Can only see the top of the flag. Knew my shot was all over it but when I walked up there were only 3 balls. I assume I went long and walked over the green to look for it. My buddy looked in the cup, reached in and pulled out my ball. I had to buy a round of beer. What kind of f'ed up rule is that? lol

Only eagle without putter - 15th hole @ Newlands. Hit 3 wood off the tee and had about 80 yards or so, again uphill. Pin on the top tier. One hopper then rolled right in.

Only birdie from the sand - 17th hole @ Northview (Ridge). Massive bunker behind the green, had like 30 feet of sand to fly, hence the 53*. Landed just outside the bunker on top of a small hill, rolled onto the green, broke a good 10' left to right and rolled into the cup. Probably my luckiest shot, I'd say luckier than the hole in one.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #619

Lop a buddy of mine also got a hole in one at meridian like 8 years ago
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #620
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Been playing for about 10 years now. Finally got sick of not getting better so I took lessons. On my 2nd set of 8 right now at Mayfair w/ Shingo and I have to say it's been the best investment in golf for me. Wish I did this eons ago. Wish the season was longer because I feel close....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
^ I've been thinking about taking lessons myself. I got my dad a great deal on off-season lessons at Northview which included 9 holes with the instructor after the lessons were done. You'll be playing in the cold rain, but it was inexpensive (can't remember exactly) and I think having an instructor with you on course to teach about uneven lies etc. even for 9 holes would be pretty valuable.
rsx604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #621

I had a decent year of golf this year. I also hit 2 eagles without a putter this year on Par 4's.

The first was at Belmont. After hitting a fairly decent drive I found myself just off the fairway about 105 yards out. Normally I hit a 56 from that range but I pulled out the 52 since I wasn't on the fairway. Hit a nice high shot that was about 10 feet left of the pin, it took a nice little hop off a ridge on the green and started rolling toward the hole and in.

The next one was a few weeks ago at the Falls in Chilliwack. It was the 7th or 8th hole I forget which one. But I was left with a 195 yard shot according to the GPS unit on the cart. I pulled out the 4 iron since it was a little up hill and back pin location. I hit one of my nicest looking shots ever. I saw it take one hop on the green and heard it hit the pin. My buddy who was about 40 yards ahead of me yelled that it went in. Went up to the pin and sure enough, it was at the bottom of the cup. Best thing was I birdied the next hole as well

I can't wait till next season.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #622
Waxin’ Punks

^ 195 yds. Nice!

Ridiculous is Phil Mickelson, yesterday on the 18th he hit a 6 iron 217 yards pin high. Retarded.

Next guy (think it was Donaldson) hit 4 iron pin high... 6 iron!? For me, 160-170 yds.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #623
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
^ 195 yds. Nice!

Ridiculous is Phil Mickelson, yesterday on the 18th he hit a 6 iron 217 yards pin high. Retarded.

Next guy (think it was Donaldson) hit 4 iron pin high... 6 iron!? For me, 160-170 yds.
I read that Mickelson bends his clubs heads so much that his 6 iron plays like regular 4-5 iron.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #624

better play it while you can. King's Links shuts down for the winter very soon! i'm going to play there til it does, love that course!

Last edited by N.V.M.; 10-06-2010 at 06:48 PM.
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #625
Waxin’ Punks

I played Kings Links three times this year. Fun, difficult track. As long as the mosquitos aren't around...

For some reason I putt really well there. If I have a horrible first putt, I usually drain the second. Even 10 footers. I rarely seem to 3 putt there. (And before anyone mocks being 10' away on your 2nd putt, you have to see the size and angulation of some of those greens)

I hope to get out for one more round before the season is done. I still have a $150GC to Morgan Creek I got for my birthday.. damnit, now I really want to get out. lol

Quote:
Quote: