REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #701
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
top pic and snake are Osoyoos G&CC, others are Sonora Dunes.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #702
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Played Morgan Creek yesterday. Love that course. Maintained so well. Greens were stupid fast I had trouble reading them, probably 3 putted 5-6 times.

Despite my 98 I had a great day though, teed off at 7:35AM which is ideal IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #703
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Hey pros!!! need help. I've taken golf a bit more serious this year and been practicing more.

1. My iron has improved drastically and i'm happy but how can I get more distance out of them? any tips?
2. I THINK i made a mistake and focused more on my iron/short game that I have 0 confidence with my driver/woods/hybrid. I used to be able to hit my hybrid fine but now, it just feels like i've never hit one ever.

Any tips or videos you've used that helped you improved your driver? THANKS! My confidence is so low with it that I struggle pulling it out of the bag at the range
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #704
Waxin’ Punks

Not a pro by any means, but this has helped me:

1. Hit down on the ball and make sure you accelerate through.
2. Tee it up higher and line up with the ball more toward your front foot. Prety much right in line with your front foot helped me in the beginning..

I would dedicate an entire bucket of balls (or more) on those clubs until you're comfortable again.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post

2. Tee it up higher and line up with the ball more toward your front foot. Prety much right in line with your front foot helped me in the beginning..

I would dedicate an entire bucket of balls (or more) on those clubs until you're comfortable again.

Thanks. It's just frustrating where I can hit the iron/wedges just fine with no problems.. but when I get to the hybrid/driver part of my routine.. I slice/hook/top the damn ball... this is why it's sometimes hard for me to pull those out of the bag.

I guess next time, I'll just bring those 3 and hit with them so I can figure this shit out.. lol
Old 09-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #706
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post

1. Wouldn't recommend hitting down at that ball as this promotes an over the top swing. Same with accelerating through, makes you swing with the arms.

If you want more power and consistency. Focus on how to lag the club and swinging with your lower your body. You might want to read the following book to get the concept - The Impact Zone: Mastering Golf's Moment of Truth
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #707
Waxin’ Punks

I guess my point was, if you're looking for more distance, rather than "scooping" the ball, hit it on your downswing and the last thing anyone should do is decelerate through..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #708

off the tee for sure , accelerate. i can't of many times when you don't, unless your doing a short shot shitty lie stabbing kinda of follow through.

if you have an iPad, i highly recommend Paul Azinger's Golf Plan. you can select your issue, and go right to the lesson to help you. it's designed that way so you don't have to be bored going through every video.

lastly, most guys have problems because they don't let the big muscles and the swing of the club do the work, especially with the big clubs. relax, go slow, feel the tempo, and don't tense up and force the swing. don't grip the club like your going to strangle the wife, just use enough pressure on your grip to keep control of it.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #709
Waxin’ Punks

Unfortunate that the weather is seeming to take a turn for the worse. Have a Sunday tee time at Mayfair Lakes... might have to cancel

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #710

saturday looks ok!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #711
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Hey pros!!! need help. I've taken golf a bit more serious this year and been practicing more.

1. My iron has improved drastically and i'm happy but how can I get more distance out of them? any tips?
2. I THINK i made a mistake and focused more on my iron/short game that I have 0 confidence with my driver/woods/hybrid. I used to be able to hit my hybrid fine but now, it just feels like i've never hit one ever.

Any tips or videos you've used that helped you improved your driver? THANKS! My confidence is so low with it that I struggle pulling it out of the bag at the range
First off, the longer the club, the farther away you should be from the ball; having said that, naturally the ball should be more forward in your stance. If your having trouble containing the ball with your driver/woods try slowing your swing down a bit and focus on maintaining tempo and swinging through the ball. Once you are able to control the ball at a slower speed and consistent tempo, increase your swing speed until you're able to bring your swing speed back up normal. It helps build confidence, control and helps you feel what's going on in your swing. Swing speed gives you distance, but if you work controlling your swing with consistent tempo, speed and distance come later.
Posted via RS Mobile
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #712

got my new-used Nike Procombo's regripped(mid-size), and added 1/2" from 6-P.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #713
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:

How long you have been hitting your irons? for instance a 7iron.

Just my personal experience. I had never been able to have both iron and driver/wood hits good constantly. Good driving = bad irons, good irons = bad driver/wood game; for two years. UNTIL i change my grip to a more finger, less palm, which i guess you suppose to. Now I can hit all my clubs even any of my friends' clubs. THe grip is the fundamental if you not 100% sure you grip it right, dont brother hitting any golf ball, at the range or course. And you must know why grip has to be that way to begin with, then you will have no trouble hitting any clubs, and control ball flight, and at less, know what you did wrong/right in the last shot by looking at its flight.

feel free to add me!
yangwenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #714

THANKS for the tips.. I'm trying to get this game LOL..

For my 7 iron, I usually get 140-150? The funny thing is.. I hit my 6 iron last week about 180 but it was a realllllllllly solid hit and straight...it felt damn good :P but I WASN'T able to do that ever since LOL..

My goal right now is to just get it straight with a slower swing as SATURN2NR suggested. I enjoy the challenge of this game that's for sure.

Another thing i'm focusing on is my posture.. being a taller dude...i tend to stand up during my downswing.. i usually top the ball if i mishit

Last edited by 411ken; 09-24-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #715
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
THANKS for the tips.. I'm trying to get this game LOL..

For my 7 iron, I usually get 140-150? The funny thing is.. I hit my 6 iron last week about 180 but it was a realllllllllly solid hit and straight...it felt damn good :P but I WASN'T able to do that ever since LOL..

My goal right now is to just get it straight with a slower swing as SATURN2NR suggested. I enjoy the challenge of this game that's for sure.

Another thing i'm focusing on is my posture.. being a taller dude...i tend to stand up during my downswing.. i usually top the ball if i mishit
Your distance sounds okay then, as a new player. IF you could hit 180 with 6iron meant you did something really right so, hopefully next time you do it again, you will know what you did right! its really important. Those things will work on any clubs, including driver.

If you start losing, or cant gain distance on iron, make sure have someone with good eyes, golf mechanic wise, look at you, if you are scooping and add loft. It is almost impossible to notice and it felt good and solid but the ball goes nowhere and you cant gain distance.

Im tall as well and I tend to top as well. The old saying is, try not to look where the ball flying before impact, it really would stands yourself up and top the ball. BUt even i keep looking at the ground I still top it, but I figured out because my weight wasnt shifting to the target as you downswing, causing your weight hang back the the right leg (if you are RH), but the club still travelling, with its club head leading edge comes up and blade the ball.

I try to image all these causes after a good shot or bad shot, it will make you better way faster, usually you will not do that bad cause again in the next shot.

U sounds okay overall, have fun!

feel free to add me!
yangwenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #716
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Golfer4Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
can anyone recommend some lessons? i prefer richmond but i guess i can always drive out

i'm just a beginner but shouldn't have a problem spending $$$ to learn it properly..

ps: is this guy legit? http://golfer4hire.com/
Hey Hakkaman! I came across this posting with your question about me and it boggles my mind how somebody can volunteer an answer without knowing the person, having any facts, basis or knowledge about their statement not realizing that it could be libelous. I guess some people just open their mouth (I should say type) just to appear cool to others. The thing is I don’t take things personally. I am going to answer your question directly. I am a certified golf teacher with over 20 years of experience in golf, playing tournaments, teaching and researching the game of golf. I teach out of Delta Golf Centre which is one the best facilities in the Lower Mainland. I could go on and on about me but I rather show you how good a teacher I am, so you be the judge, with no cost to you. You can go to my website www.golfer4hire.com and fill out the contact form, make a reference to this thread and I will be happy to give you a lesson on the short game and putting for FREE, that will eliminate those 3 putts that most beginner and intermediate golfers dread. To show that I don’t take things personally, I will extend this free offer to the poster of the unfounded comment and anybody in this forum. Hey guys, winter is coming and it’s the best time to learn how to play better golf for next season. Learn, practice, play, enjoy this beautiful game we call GOLF!
Golfer4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #717

^^^^ Fabio, show us exactly where anything was said that is libelous. i dare you to!

next, i see you just spammed Revscene about a Free Will Kit? http://www.revscene.net/forums/65499...-will-kit.html

oh wait, i see that on your website that if we buy a video phone from you, we get golf lessons, awesome, you MUST be good.

btw, i just looked at your scores on the VGT:

SandPiper Classic +17

Nickel Heating +16

Paine Edmonds +26

fucking hell, i think i'm going to join too!

i'm on the phone tomorrow to verify your teaching credentials. why don't you just admit you're an entrepreneur and go away.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #718

Last weekend, played Innisfail GC and shot a 79, could have been better, made a couple dumb mistakes on 3 holes on the back 9. Hitting up Sundre on Saturday for the final weekend of the season, heres hoping for a good game to finish the season.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #719

[QUOTE=Golfer4Hire;7603643]Hey Hakkaman! I came across this posting with your question about me and it boggles my mind how somebody can volunteer an answer without knowing the person, having any facts, basis or knowledge about their statement not realizing that it could be libelous. I guess some people just open their mouth (I should say type) just to appear cool to others. The thing is I don’t take things personally. I am going to answer your question directly. I am a certified golf teacher with over 20 years of experience in golf, playing tournaments, teaching and researching the game of golf. [QUOTE]

It boggles MY mind how you open your mouth assuming noone knows what they're talking about and they have no facts to back it up. 20 years of experience? I'm not a certified pro but I've been golfing for 20 years and am a low single digit handicapper, I offered suggestions based on my experience and what has worked for me to get to where I am, granted what works/worked for me may not work for others, but I made the same rookie mistakes 90% of new golfers make. I took tips and advice from professionals and made it work for me by analzing my own swing and spent thousands of hours at the driving range.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #720

Quote:
Honestly your first mistake is asking people on revscene to help you figure out your swing. My biggest problem developing my driver and woods was that I had too many people trying to tell me what to do that it fucked up so bad. Finally got input from my golf pro and that made the biggest difference. My advice see your pro or take lessons.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #721

I think N.V.M and GOLFER4HIRE should play a match LOL.....
Old 10-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Honestly your first mistake is asking people on revscene to help you figure out your swing. My biggest problem developing my driver and woods was that I had too many people trying to tell me what to do that it fucked up so bad. Finally got input from my golf pro and that made the biggest difference. My advice see your pro or take lessons.
I see what you mean.. It doesn't hurt to ask if they've watched videos or soemthing that helped them I know it's different for each individual but ya... ehehe
Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #723

Went to Sundre GC on the weekend. Wow. Wish I brought my camera, I've played on nicer courses, but this course is REALLY well maintained. Every bit of the course is manicured. Gorgeous golf course in a place you wouldn't expect one to be. Fairly challenging too. Greens were rediculously fast, had to make some big adjustments on the green. Shot an 85, was really hoping for a better round but the greens were the killer, really had to work to get the ball to stick the green. If anyone is in the Calgary area during golf season, check it out. Its about an hour and a half north-west of Calgary. Really nice course.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #724
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Drove by "The Falls Golf Course" and it looks like they closed down. Receivership?

FYI for anyone not looking to make a long drive out to Chiliwack.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #725
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Northview right now is in pretty bad condition (for fall); just got aerated and there are tons of spots which are still covered with sand
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote