REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #676
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
have you played the Quail too? i played both consecutively, was a long day!
No, didn't get a chance. Walked The Bear and it was 34 out, no energy to play another round after that. Haha.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #677
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Canal is fun. such a different golf course from the Ridge.

i've played Westwood Plateau a dozen times or so. you pull up into the bag drop off area, and the boys will unload your bag and get your power cart ready for you. (yes, power carts are mandatory there). there's also a couple of nice girls down at the pro shop area where you pay/check in.

the driving range is stocked with high end golf balls, piled in a pyramid, but it's for irons only because it's a very short driving range.

lastly, it is a pretty tight course, accuracy is better than driving for show. if you miss the fairway, it's usually toast.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #678
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Ya, I've only played Ridge once. Think I shot a 94 or something with a birdie, birdie finish. Came from 3 strokes behind with 2 to play to beat my buddy though. So that was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #679
RS Operative (G)

How long have you guys been playing for? Did anyone take lessons?
I'm just starting out and trying to get into it but not doing that great. Been thinking about taking lessons and getting the form and technique down.

I just bought a set of the Ping G15's and have been heading to BBY MTN course quite often to try and pick up some techniques from more advanced players.
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #680
Waxin’ Punks

I've been playing about 8 years now. I don't get out too often and have never taken lessons, although I would like to.

I would definitely recommend getting lessons early, before all your bad habits form. I know someone who took lessons for the first time recently (after playing 10 years) and it messed him up pretty good. He said it was like learning all over again.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #681
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I've been playing about 8 years now. I don't get out too often and have never taken lessons, although I would like to.

I would definitely recommend getting lessons early, before all your bad habits form. I know someone who took lessons for the first time recently (after playing 10 years) and it messed him up pretty good. He said it was like learning all over again.
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. Played over 10 years of golf, shot in the high 80s, hit a plateau. Decided to take lessons and is shooting in the 100s now.He's hitting the ball amazing but often out of nowhere his old swing creeps up and he shanks it..

Mentioned that he can't overcome his previous swing instincts.

Best to take lessons before you create bad habits. Find the best pro that you connect with. Not every pro is good. Don't learn from friends unless they are trained professionals. Seen way to many people at the range train their friends when they can't even hit the ball well...
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #682
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. Played over 10 years of golf, shot in the high 80s, hit a plateau. Decided to take lessons and is shooting in the 100s now.He's hitting the ball amazing but often out of nowhere his old swing creeps up and he shanks it..

Mentioned that he can't overcome his previous swing instincts.

Best to take lessons before you create bad habits. Find the best pro that you connect with. Not every pro is good. Don't learn from friends unless they are trained professionals. Seen way to many people at the range train their friends when they can't even hit the ball well...
can anyone recommend some lessons? i prefer richmond but i guess i can always drive out

i'm just a beginner but shouldn't have a problem spending $$$ to learn it properly..

ps: is this guy legit? http://golfer4hire.com/

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
can anyone recommend some lessons? i prefer richmond but i guess i can always drive out

i'm just a beginner but shouldn't have a problem spending $$$ to learn it properly..

fuck no, lol. i can pretty much guarantee any local teaching pro can do better than that guy. if you want to stay in Richmond, go see the guys at the driving range on #6, just north of Green Acres. ANYBODY but that guy in your link. it's tough finding a good instructor, but the guys at the Richmond Driving Range are CPGA, it won't hurt to take 1/2 dozens lessons from them.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #684
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
fuck no, lol. i can pretty much guarantee any local teaching pro can do better than that guy. if you want to stay in Richmond, go see the guys at the driving range on #6, just north of Green Acres. ANYBODY but that guy in your link. it's tough finding a good instructor, but the guys at the Richmond Driving Range are CPGA, it won't hurt to take 1/2 dozens lessons from them.
Haha yeah I was planning on taking lessons from savage creek but I saw this guys ad on CL lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #685
RS Operative (G)

anyone else pick up a groupon for eagle quest?
9 hole for 2, or 18 hole pitchputt for 4. + food credit and 2 buckets at range. $30
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #686
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Eaglequest Coquitlam? That 9 hole course is so short/horrible and is next to the dump so it stinks to high hell on hot days. I'd much rather play one of the Burnaby pitch and putts.

If you want to play a really good 9-hole course, head up to the Westwood Plateau academy. I think its only $8 more than Eaglequest Coquitlam
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #687
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Might as well play Eaglequest in surrey.. I think it's 20$ after 2pm or 3pm on weekdays or 25 on weekends.. lol

And on mondays, it's 20$ all day long
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Might as well play Eaglequest in surrey.. I think it's 20$ after 2pm or 3pm on weekdays or 25 on weekends.. lol

And on mondays, it's 20$ all day long
in Surrey it's actually Coyote Creek, with an EagleQuest teaching center attached to it.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #689
Waxin’ Punks

$20 for Coyote is pretty good. I paid $24 for the little par 3 at Peace Portal. IIRC 7 / 9 holes (play 9 twice from different tee boxes for 18) are 110yds or less though...

If you play the executive at Newlands ($15-20 with cart), its only 11 holes but you can turn right after 10 and go right back to the 2nd no problem when its not busy = 20 holes of golf on the cheap.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #690
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post

Try the following -
- Contact Information | Rob Houlding Golf
- Mayfair Lakes: GBC Golf Academy - Practice Facility, Golf Lessons and Programs in Richmond, near Vancouver British Columbia
- GolfTEC - Proven Path | Proven Results
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #691
Waxin’ Punks

Westwood Saturday was nice. Once again, I put up a solid front 9 of 42 only to completely fall apart on the back. Pulled my drive on the 10th tee right into the trees and was hitting 3 from the tee box. All downhill after that. 54 back for a 96. Only one three putt all day, on the 18th of course...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #692

played Fraserview sunday, damn that course is fun. i got thrown in with the men's club, so we played the golds the front 9 and blues on the back. still a short course i found.

bought a set of forged Nike Procombo's from Peak golf for $149, 3 to pitching wedge, and did surprising well at Fraserview. great feel to these things but not nearly as long as my Burner Plus's. fortunately i went to the driving range the day before(when i bought the irons) and hit a bucket. i usually hit 165-170 with my 7 iron, but with the forged Nikes, i have to mash it to get 160, so more like a 150-155 club for a smooth shot.

other than that though, awesome irons. the feel and control of a forged iron is the way to go.

Westwood can kill you if you lose concentration,lol. i start getting tired and begin to over draw the ball, just "arm" swinging. gotta slap myself to pay attention on the back nine.

Last edited by N.V.M.; 08-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #693

hope this TwitPic link works. LoudMouth! :

Old 08-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #694
Waxin’ Punks

Played Sandpiper last Friday, nice course, would definitely make the drive to play it again. Shot a 93, 46 front, 47 back.

Just got off Northlands, that course is hard as I remember it being. I played it years ago and it destroyed me. Did today too, 102, 49 front with a 53 back. Haven't lost that many balls in a long time...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #695
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Just played in a scramble tournament at Morgan Creek. Holy shit is that a tough course. If it wasn't a best ball format I would have shot 140+.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #696
Waxin’ Punks

Ya, Morgan Creek is tough. Lots of houses too. I pulled a ball once and it was heading right for a bay window and luckily hit the frame and not the glass.

I'm also a 5 minute walk from the 12th tee box. Always wanted to walk down with a few clubs and see if I can get away with playing a hole..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #697
I don't get it

anybody played golf in maui before? I'm headed over there in a few days, wondering what is a nice decently priced course and where to rent clubs as I do not want to pay to check in my golf bag 4 times as we are flying into honolulu first.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #698

Old 08-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #699
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Ya, Morgan Creek is tough. Lots of houses too. I pulled a ball once and it was heading right for a bay window and luckily hit the frame and not the glass.

I'm also a 5 minute walk from the 12th tee box. Always wanted to walk down with a few clubs and see if I can get away with playing a hole..
Apparently the glass on most of the homes is made of "golf ball resistant" glass? That's what one of the employees was telling me...

Quote:
Spoiler!
Where is that? looks amazing!!!
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #700
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Eaglequest Coquitlam? That 9 hole course is so short/horrible and is next to the dump so it stinks to high hell on hot days. I'd much rather play one of the Burnaby pitch and putts.

If you want to play a really good 9-hole course, head up to the Westwood Plateau academy. I think its only $8 more than Eaglequest Coquitlam
Westwood plateatu has awesome 9 hole and good golf carting experience.. Lots of hill

Not really a beginner friendly( when i m ean beginner as in real noob or thinking eaglequest 9hole is already challenge) course tho, its gets tougher and tougher
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote