REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Golf Season! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/461632-golf-season.html)

Hondaracer 03-26-2007 04:14 PM

Golf Season!

Who's excited for the new golf season?

this is the first season in a while i'm totally pumped about getting back into it, been to the range about 8 times so far

Picked up a Odesey[sp] 2 ball and a White hot putter to try out, see which one i want to use

picked up a Nike SQ1 Tour 10deg today at golf town :D :D

also got 2 boxes of dope balls for free, 1 box of Nike ONE's and another full box of the Callaway HX Blue's

OH, and i bought the same shoes Tiger wears on the tour, they are AMAZING, they feel so freakin good when i'm swinging i love em

anyone else feelin it? :lol

AdamR 03-26-2007 04:21 PM

Can't wait for the weather to get better. I only have 6 rounds in this year.

Tenacious J 03-26-2007 08:18 PM

Re: Golf Season!

Quote:

Originally posted by Hondaracer
Who's excited for the new golf season?

this is the first season in a while i'm totally pumped about getting back into it, been to the range about 8 times so far

Picked up a Odesey[sp] 2 ball and a White hot putter to try out, see which one i want to use

picked up a Nike SQ1 Tour 10deg today at golf town :D :D

also got 2 boxes of dope balls for free, 1 box of Nike ONE's and another full box of the Callaway HX Blue's

OH, and i bought the same shoes Tiger wears on the tour, they are AMAZING, they feel so freakin good when i'm swinging i love em

anyone else feelin it? :lol

You bought 2 odssey putters? Baller! Have you hit with the callaways? how do you like them? Nowadays I only use Noodles.

I recently picked up a Ben Hogan 3 hybrid. Methinks Benny is going to be gone now that Callaway owns them. Golftown had this nice Ben Hogan with the adila green shaft for 79 bucks. waht a deal.

I cant wait for the season! Btw, I suck and am going to try hard to break 90 this year

nlinkz 03-26-2007 10:57 PM

I'm super stoked...
cant wait to get back on the course...

Hondaracer 03-30-2007 08:39 AM

Re: Re: Golf Season!

Quote:

Originally posted by Tenacious J
You bought 2 odssey putters? Baller! Have you hit with the callaways? how do you like them? Nowadays I only use Noodles.

I recently picked up a Ben Hogan 3 hybrid. Methinks Benny is going to be gone now that Callaway owns them. Golftown had this nice Ben Hogan with the adila green shaft for 79 bucks. waht a deal.

I cant wait for the season! Btw, I suck and am going to try hard to break 90 this year

well i had the normal white hot, then my dad had both the half moon white hot, and the 2 ball so i snagged the 2 ball, pretty sure im gonna keep it it's awsome for puts under 10 feet

went to the range 2 times with the new SQ driver, the thing sounds so nice haha, hittin it pretty well too

the_rickster 04-01-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Golf Season!

Quote:

Originally posted by Hondaracer
Callaway HX Blue's

dont get addicted.

btw... my clubs got stolen a little while ago so if anyone has any clubs for sale or any lines on some, shoot me a PM. i will consider anything of quality at this point. im right handed.

bossxx 04-01-2007 02:50 PM

Ya man I am pumped for the season. I was at Golf Town in January and bought two boxes of the Nike SFT2 Long and Soft baby :D . I was going to buy a new Nike bag but they seem so overpriced. eBay seems like a good route for golf bags actually if you've ever checked. I don't have a carry bag I have one of those big assed bags meant for using with a pull cart thing (which I will not use). I just carry the big frickin bag around the course lol - it was a gift.. But yea time for a new bag. Also looking at gettinga Taylor Made 3 and 5 wood to complete my wood set.

I am pretty pumped about this year. Last year I didnt play nearly enough (1 or 2 rounds/ month).

the_rickster 04-02-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by redliine
Ya man I am pumped for the season. I was at Golf Town in January and bought two boxes of the Nike SFT2 Long and Soft baby :D . I was going to buy a new Nike bag but they seem so overpriced. eBay seems like a good route for golf bags actually if you've ever checked. I don't have a carry bag I have one of those big assed bags meant for using with a pull cart thing (which I will not use). I just carry the big frickin bag around the course lol - it was a gift.. But yea time for a new bag. Also looking at gettinga Taylor Made 3 and 5 wood to complete my wood set.

I am pretty pumped about this year. Last year I didnt play nearly enough (1 or 2 rounds/ month).

the R5 fairway woods are a special buy at golftown.ca right now. and if you're looking for a new bag, check this one out. i will probably splurge and buy a tour bag within the next few weeks.

anyone used the cleveland hibore? it seems i cant take a BAD shot with that club... only $198 right now... total steal considering my departed callaway from last season needed tons of concentration and a prayer before every shot. where do you play mostly?

rb 04-03-2007 01:55 PM

My season is already done with another wrist injury. Was testing out my new Orlimar driver for the season, bombed a few nice drives and felt instant pain. Its for sale in the buy/sell btw. Hope you guys have a better season.

bossxx 04-03-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_rickster
the R5 fairway woods are a special buy at golftown.ca right now. and if you're looking for a new bag, check this one out. i will probably splurge and buy a tour bag within the next few weeks.

anyone used the cleveland hibore? it seems i cant take a BAD shot with that club... only $198 right now... total steal considering my departed callaway from last season needed tons of concentration and a prayer before every shot. where do you play mostly?

Hey there. I'm actually not in the market for a nice tour bag. Looking for a light weight but functional carry bag. I will check out the R5 next time im at Golf Town. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

I am from Abbotsford. I play most of my golf at Ledgeview.

Hondaracer 04-04-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

when i was at golf town buying my SQ i asked the guy about the hibore since it was a driver one of my buddies was looking at, the guy working there said its nearly impossible to hit a bad shot with, very very forgiving and rarely will u take it outside the fairway

2 weeks from now me and my buddies made reservations for our first round of the year at Northview, we went there last saturday and it was AMAZING, i really wish we could have played that day, we only hit up the range though :(

the_rickster 04-04-2007 08:54 AM

redline - the link i sent was for a stand-bag. its $149 and looks similar to last years tour bags. its a damn good price for a damn good bag. not everyone wants a $350 leather bag, but everyone wants the quality.

i've never played ledgewood... i have a thing for #2 a redwoods, so when i'm in langley thats where i play.

hondaracer - i demoed it at golftown and it seems great, i was consistent as far as distance and control but when i go onto review sites and read reviews there were a lot that said negative things. its only $198 right now so its not much of a risk. im torn between the orilimar that rb has for sale and the hibore. hmmm.

bkw 04-04-2007 09:02 AM

the weather is getting better and better. but the next couple weeks i think are going to be crap starting tomorrow. I wanted to get a buncha new stuff this year but i learnt over the years to not tinker too much.

i just got some ping i5s last year and i might get a new putter this year but other than that im keeping everything the same.

do we have enough people for a couple tee times somewhere sometime soon ?

bossxx 04-04-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

redline - the link i sent was for a stand-bag. its $149 and looks similar to last years tour bags. its a damn good price for a damn good bag. not everyone wants a $350 leather bag, but everyone wants the quality.

i've never played ledgewood... i have a thing for #2 a redwoods, so when i'm in langley thats where i play.

hondaracer - i demoed it at golftown and it seems great, i was consistent as far as distance and control but when i go onto review sites and read reviews there were a lot that said negative things. its only $198 right now so its not much of a risk. im torn between the orilimar that rb has for sale and the hibore. hmmm.

Its Ledgeview not Ledgewood lol :D its a really nice course on the mountain. The greens are very deceiving! Lots of hills, 2 holes where you have to shoot uphill over a gully (175ish par 3 with the green right at the edge of the gully, and the other one a little shorter). Also 2 more holes where water is a factor. It's a par 72, you guys should check it out one time if you're ever out here.

Yeah you're right that is a stand bag haha and it is a good price but I don't really like white. I am gonna bid on this Nike one I have been watching on eBay.

Thanks tho.

Yea we should have a RS Golf tourney!!

Hondaracer 04-07-2007 02:03 PM

Gonna go out tommarow and buy a new Sand or lob wedge and a new glove

my Nike bag towel came in the mail today from Ebay, very satisfied as it matches my bag, and i couldnt find the same one anywhere locally :D

bkw 04-09-2007 07:40 AM

How many people would be in for some golf times ?

seems like theres only about 4-5 people posting in this thread.
im in the vancouver - fraserview area...

where is everyone located ?

the_rickster 04-09-2007 09:39 AM

i aced the par 3 #7 at fraserview from the yellows. 219 yards. heartlink nike one platinum and a r5 fairway wood.

bossxx 04-09-2007 05:57 PM

I think im gonna bid on this bag.

http://www.mariesfleas.com/gallery2/...Golf+bag+B.jpg

1 bid. $20US. 23 hrs to go.

Hondaracers, which Nike towel did you get??

the_rickster 04-09-2007 07:11 PM

where are you gonna stash all the beer?

bossxx 04-09-2007 07:14 PM

I dunno :] haha my current bag is great for that tho haha. This one will hold a couple im sure.

ahh finally a light weight carry bag. Just hope I win the auction.

Hondaracer 04-09-2007 10:30 PM

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/8e/ag/a26f_1.JPG

i bought this one because i couldnt find a small hand sized one in stores

but my buddy came home tonight with the larger style Callaway towel, and i think the large ones are actually pretty nice on the bags

got a great deal today at Perfect lies in guildford

Nike Dri fit glove normally 25.99 for 9.99

and Nike Tiger woods Dri fit Slacks which usually go for 149.99 for 69.99$

very happy :D

anyone care to share pics of their setup? was gonna take one tom

nlinkz 04-11-2007 01:20 AM

If you guys are on Facebook and are looking for some golf games...

Look for the group "Weekly Golf"

Its mainly a core group of us looking to play every sunday...
but its open for people to join who want to make up additional 4somes with others in the group (if you happen to not have enough players)

Hondaracer 04-18-2007 05:36 PM

uhg...was going to play northview this weekend but it looks like it's going to be raining :( :(

bkw 04-18-2007 08:32 PM

the weather is a funny thing, one day it'll say rain for the next 3 days then all of a sudden is sunny for the next week.
check http://twn.ca/weather/cities/can/Pages/CABC0308.htm

you might be lucky and get some clouds =)

anybody want to get a round going ? we only need 4 guys ? anyone ? =)

Hondaracer 04-20-2007 09:06 PM

ahh shit Northview tommarow, 11am Tee time :D

i will post some pics if i bring my camera