REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #51
Banned (ABWS)

I was checking out a TSX for a friend at Richmond Acura, and that Steve came out to help me. I told him that there was an a-spec TSX with half of the km, way more goodies for the same price at the north van. Acura. So I asked him what he could do for me about the price of the TSX that I was looking at. and he kept asking me to throw him an offer, so I did, and that bitchass laugh at me and started to walk away from me.... man... that really piss me off.

so please don't buy a car from that bitch!!:
Advertisement
tony2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #52
RS controls my life!

Yes.I brought a car from a Korean guy in lougheed..
went over to Richmond honda to check out the civic got the same stupid attitude as Steve ...

guess what..

buying a car in Richmond sucks...

Btw, Richmond Suzuki ripe my friend off too

for my friends unlocking/2nd hand phones page
airwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #53
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wow, seem like for this Steven Cheung guy there's 1 good comment for every 10 bad comments from this guy... So obviously this guy isn't very good. What I'm thinking the reason for why some people that got good service from this guy is because he probably finished ripping a bunch of foreigners at MSRP and he doesn't care about the rest of the commission he makes for the rest of the day.... Haha, that's one of the reason I'm thinking... lol

§[]D€€Ð Ѐ[\/]Ö|\| 4 L I F E!

My CarDomain
My Honda Showoff
tamazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #54
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

richmond landrover dealership is very good too.. me and my buddy were looking for an suv his dad was gona buy but wanted us to go look at a few things the guy pretty much gave us the keys and said lets go have fun ..he knew that were only looking for his dad who wasnt with us and he was soo nice forgot the guys name but my friends dad ended up buying and got like a nice deal on a range i think they took care of all his service for the next 4years..
jaz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #55
RS controls my life!

so..to this date, i forgot to add since i started the thread, Steven called me on the very saturday that I brought my car from Lougheed Acura From Chris....I told him I got it from Lougheed and hang up!

for my friends unlocking/2nd hand phones page
airwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #56
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

got the same shit from RICHMOND BMW...they started talking about the price of the car before i could even test drive the car...soo pushy too...ended up not buying the car at all.
Chinchilla!!!!
ac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

bought my car at richmond acura, dealer was Jane Zhang..
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #58
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD3000GT View Post
I always have bad services at Richmond dealerships. Richmond Toyota, Richmond MB, Richmond Infiniti, and Lansdowne GM are places I will never return. The only two Richmond dealers that have good salesmen are Richmond Audi and Richmond Lexus. Because of that, I am unlikely car shopping at Richmond anymore.
honestly i do not discriminate the entire dealership becuz of one person. I had excellent service both at Richmond MB and Richmond Land rover when i went alone with a buddy to check out their cars. They gave me excellent service although they know i'm not the type that could afford any of the cars than. However I also went back with my dad before, roll in with his 04 e-class and got crappy crappy service by different sales.

Anytime I'm really unsatisfield with any kind of sales service I always try to do the community and everybody else a service and complain to the manager. I worked as a sales before and I know what good customer service is and how to get a sales fire. Plz do the community a service and let someone that matter(the manager) know about your experience.

EDIT: just want to add while the service at landrover richmond was excellent their cars has crappy reliablity... during our 4 yr lease of the freelander it has already went in for close to 7k worth of repair. Good thing its under warranty. Completely shatter my dream of owning a rangerover one day.

Last edited by threezero; 03-25-2008 at 12:59 AM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 AM   #59
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Every dealership has a prick sales person but on the other hand I've met some really nice sales people and managers at various dealerships.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #60
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Hah, in 99 I bought a new Integra. It was Friday and I was trying to get the best price so was shopping between Lougheed and Richmond Acura. I had a deal done at Richmond but they told me it was to late in the day and they'd have to wait until Monday to get back to me about my financing which didn't make much sense to me. I called Lougheed and was like this is the price I want the car ASAP can we do it? No problem, went in and signed the papers that night picked up car next day.

Monday, Richmond calls me and is like ya we have all your paperwork in credit is good just come on in and sign you can drive away tonight. Ya, sorry you dropped the ball I already got the car from Lougheed. The saleguy was choked but whatever it's a buyers market.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

For any Acura needs, it's definitely worth a drive to North Van. You get the best service and the best price. Deal directly with Richard. I bought three cars from him. No haggles, best price and no hidden fees etc...

Would definitely recommend North Shore Acura

Last edited by iljw; 03-25-2008 at 08:22 AM.
iljw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #62
Need to Seek Professional Help

Get the lady at front desk, she'll definately help you out !
bwco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #63
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
bought my car at richmond acura, dealer was Jane Zhang..
same. Got my 08 tl for 8k off sticker
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi128 View Post
Steven Cheung use to work at Clarkdale VW and he was an ASS there too lol
i knew i recognized the name from somewhere. i think i dealt with him there once.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #65
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

vancouver acura in burrad ^^b
few years back i went there looking to buy a rsx-s, the salesman insisted i take a test drive, even tho i told him i didn't know how to drive stick. he said he'll teach me.
i live in richmond, but i buy all my cars in vancouver, i find salesman there easier to communicate and deal with, richmond dealers tends to be more anal.
AhXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #66
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaro View Post
^
you still havn't made it right yet. It's HIM only. GOD how clear can this not be?
After all these posts, I think he still doesn't acknowledge it.
yingjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #67
Hyde's Understudy

LOL most of you guys dont have a clue about car sales....but thats ok since you guys havent sold cars before.

Him buying from another guy in the same dealership equals split commision between the two guys. He wont feel bad since he wont have to close the sale and still get half.

And commision is not alot, ur buying a new car, theres no money to be made in new cars. Maybe if u were buying an exotic or supercar.
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #68
Hyde's Understudy

And to the guy posting he offered 10K to a a dealership for a 29K car b/c the salesman refused a test drive:

Did u plan on buying it if it was up to your standards? Thats why salesman always write up a sale subject to test drive. B/c whats the point to let u drive around their car, waste his time for a possible sale from another customer, when you are not sure if you will buy it. If you say you after driving it, you still had to compare to a few other used ones, then u shouldnt waste his time, no one knows what will happen the next day. I mean someone might come in and offer him more that sticker , u kno wut i mean. So they view it as business NOW, not later b/c there are too many factors affecting your decision if u were to leave the lot that 90% of the time u wont go back to that lot

I will never test drive a car unless im sure i can afford it, and im sure i will buy it if its up to my standards and makes me happy
Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
And to the guy posting he offered 10K to a a dealership for a 29K car b/c the salesman refused a test drive:

Did u plan on buying it if it was up to your standards? Thats why salesman always write up a sale subject to test drive. B/c whats the point to let u drive around their car, waste his time for a possible sale from another customer, when you are not sure if you will buy it. If you say you after driving it, you still had to compare to a few other used ones, then u shouldnt waste his time, no one knows what will happen the next day. I mean someone might come in and offer him more that sticker , u kno wut i mean. So they view it as business NOW, not later b/c there are too many factors affecting your decision if u were to leave the lot that 90% of the time u wont go back to that lot

I will never test drive a car unless im sure i can afford it, and im sure i will buy it if its up to my standards and makes me happy
exactly. last time i checked, a pre sale agreement isn't a binding contract to buy the car... it's a statement that signifies that you are serious about buying the car and if you are satisfied with the details, you will make an honest effort to buy it. this program is set in place to ensure that salesguys aren't giving test drives to 18 year old punks who wanna brag to their buddies that they got to try out the new TT over the weekend or whatever... the idea of a pre sale agreement is twofold: 1. it tracks how many test drives the salesguy is going on as compared to his units sold. its a productivity thing. 2. weed out the idiot test pilots who have no intention of buying, thus saving the salesguys time for more productive means. a 'sales agreement' will scare off anyone not serious.
when i bought my range rover, the sales manager asked me for a credit card deposit of $500, at first i thought it was kinda degrading, but i realized that if i'm not their typical customer and i'm not willing to let the dealer hold $500, i must not serious about buying. if i'm not serious about buying, why should they offer a test? needless to say, i never saw that $500 again , although i have had a few rounds of golf with the guy on his dime.

the moral: don't go strutting onto a dealer lot thinking you're king shit and that you can buy up the place with fresh 100s if you're not willing to humor a salesguy's protocols.

-----
Quote:
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT

Last edited by the_rickster; 03-25-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #70
Hyde's Understudy

^^ well said, i agree with u

i wouldnt waste any person's time if i wasnt buying, even for a tv or sumthing cheap. I'd let the sales person kno im just looking if i wasnt gonna buy

when i was in car sales, i'd usually ask commitment for more expensive cars or sports cars.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #71
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
same. Got my 08 tl for 8k off sticker
lol.. yea.. jane zhang is really flexible on price..

i got my 08 tsx in november 07 for 6.5k off sticker price plus additionals free items such as floor mats, wheel locks, trunk mat, and the 20th anniversary edition spoiler...
She was really friendly, patient, and excellent manner..
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

My family bought 2 cars from Richmond Acura, about 10 years apart. Our salesman was Tinny Tin (yes that's his name) both times and he was really nice the whole time, even some time after the sale.

A few other people there don't seem as friendly... Including one of the parts guy that doesn't seem to know what's going on. One of the girl that used to work at the cashier is really nice though.
[RSX-S] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #73
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Not everyone know what good service is / professionalism in this world. However, I m surprised they never lose their jobs, and the company they work in continue to grow.

WTF.
blackg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #74
dL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Best salesman ever - Nelson Pang @ Wolfe Mazda Boundary. If you're looking for a Mazda, he's the guy to go to. No pressure at all!

dL
dL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz93 View Post
i think they took care of all his service for the next 4years..
that generally happens when you buy a $80,000+ automobile.

-----
Quote:
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT