REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Whats YOUR work out routine? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/477402-whats-your-work-out-routine.html)

marclapierre 06-19-2007 04:30 PM

Whats YOUR work out routine?

Theres lots of different routines, and opinions about the best way to stay fit. Whats yours?

Heres mine:
20-30 Minute jog every morning
5 minute skip rope every morning
15-30 minute speed bag exercise every morning
Crunches, pushups every 2nd morning

Basically thats all ive been doing, ive been pretty busy so I havent been getting around to my weight routine, but ill be doing it again shortly. When i do, this is what I do(usually every 2nd morning)

Bicep curls
Dumbell bench press
Calf raises, + reverse
Hammer curl
Front Row
Weighted quad and ham lifts
Rear delt row
lying tricep extensions
Shrugs

generally i do about 3 sets of 10 reps

L0uie69 06-19-2007 05:03 PM

monday: 45am cardio
tuesday: heavy legs/ light pull
wednesday: 45am cardio
thursday: heavy push/abs
friday: heavy pull/ light legs
saturday: relax
sunday: light push/forearms/abs

marclapierre 06-24-2007 11:27 AM

Changed my routine abit. I hear squats can damage knees, so I switched to lunges, and my usual quad and ham lifts.

L0uie69 06-24-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by marclapierre
Changed my routine abit. I hear squats can damage knees, so I switched to lunges, and my usual quad and ham lifts.
LOL lunges are even worse for the knees bro

When you go ATG (ass to grass) it takes less pressure off the knees and puts more on the hamstring

marclapierre 06-24-2007 12:38 PM

really? i guess it varies with who you talk to then huh? seems everyone has a different oppinion on it.

penner2k 06-24-2007 12:40 PM

day 1 - bench press, deadlift, push press (low reps, lots of sets)
day 2 - off/cardio depending how I'm feeling
day 3 - squats, straight legged deadlift, calfs (various exercises)
day 4 - off/cardio/wakeboarding
day 5 - deadlifts, dips, bent over rows, chinups or pullups (weighted)
day 6- whatever I feel like I need to work on I'll actually do an isolation day
day 7- off/cardio/wakeboarding

sometimes I'll change things around a bit if I feel like it but for the most part I prefer to just stick with heavier compound lifts..

jakobi 06-24-2007 12:54 PM

all compound and bodyweight exercises...no machines

mon (shoulders, quads)
-bb standing military press
-bb upright rows
-bb rear delt rows
-db swings

-bb zercher squats
-bb overhead squats

tues (traps, core, hamstrings)
-db incline shrugs
-bb overhead shrugs

-bb bent press
-turkish get up
-bb good mornings

-romanian deadlift
-zercher deadlift
-bb walking lunges

weds (triceps, calves, forearms)
-bb incline close grip press
-wighted dips
-db elbows out extension

-weighted donkey calf raise
-bb squat raise

-one hand deadlift
-plate pinch curls
-weighted towel chinups

friday (chest, biceps, quads)
-bb incline press
-bb floor press
-weighted v-dips

-one hand bb rows
-db incline rows
-weighted chinups

-atg squats

sun (back, calves, forearms)
-deadlift
-snatch grip deadlift on a block
-bb rows
-weighted wide grip pullups

-weighted donkey calf raise
-bb standing calf raise

-farmers walk
-one hand seated bb wrist curls
-plate toss

L0uie69 06-24-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

really? i guess it varies with who you talk to then huh? seems everyone has a different oppinion on it.
its more like they say that cause they don't even squat cause they're afraid of exercises that taxes their body

!Shuya80 06-24-2007 04:23 PM

try p90x..its a pretty good workout and guarenteed you'll get results...tryied it for a week and i'm already gettin results..they do like 20 minutes of nonstop ab workout and you'll do around 340 core/ab excercises..i couldn't walk right for the next 2 days after doing it...couldn't even sit without pain.

penner2k 06-24-2007 04:34 PM

one thing I have never been able to get a good answer about is if push press is good for building the shoulder or not..
some ppl say its more of a power movement.. some ppl say it can work well as a mass builder too

TRDood 06-24-2007 09:57 PM

is it normal for my upper back/neck/shoulders to hurt when i do squats?

or am i too boney?

marclapierre 06-24-2007 10:12 PM

Dunno.
Can someone explain to me why squats are better then lunges?
dead lifts i kinda wanna stay away from... i use the extention on my bench to work those, so dunt need it.(lay on my stomach, bring my leg backwards)

jakobi 06-24-2007 10:45 PM

push press is an excellent shoulder builder..it allows you to push more weight that the ordinary military press

Quote:

Originally posted by penner2k
one thing I have never been able to get a good answer about is if push press is good for building the shoulder or not..
some ppl say its more of a power movement.. some ppl say it can work well as a mass builder too

jakobi 06-24-2007 11:03 PM

Why is this even debatable?
Lunges is not as EFFECTIVE as squat.

Squatting is hard work. It can be uncomfortable, it requires full concentration on the job in hand. Squatting works nearly the whole body - calves, quads, hamstrings, lower back, glutes, abdominals, heart and lungs etc. Because of the degree of difficulty, squats also force your body to release higher amounts of important anabolic hormones, such as testosterone and growth hormone, thus resulting in total body muscle growth.
They don't call it the King of ALL exercise for nothing

Quote:

Dunno.
dead lifts i kinda wanna stay away from... i use the extention on my bench to work those, so dunt need it.(lay on my stomach, bring my leg backwards)

Hockey Pimp 06-24-2007 11:20 PM

m-jiu jitsu am, lift pm
t-muay thai
w-jiujitsu am, lift pm
th-muay thai
f-muay thai
sat- muay thai, jiu jitsu
sun- jog with the girl

penner2k 06-25-2007 05:11 AM

Quote:

Dunno.

you'll understand when you have more then your body weight loaded on your shoulders

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-25-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by penner2k
you'll understand when you have more then your body weight loaded on your shoulders
yeah dude, unless you can hold like 150pound dumbells in each hand doing lunges... i duno man. lunges are kinda lame.

L0uie69 06-25-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
yeah dude, unless you can hold like 150pound dumbells in each hand doing lunges... i duno man. lunges are kinda lame.
I think lunges are good to get the separation but it certainly can not be compared to squats

Full`Throttle 06-25-2007 11:08 AM

i think the OP was asking why squats are better for his knees than lunges. Obviously squats are the better mass builder.

marclapierre 06-25-2007 11:22 AM

Exactly.

I just want to tone up my legs abit. Not looking to become a body builder lol. Like I said, i do weighted ham and quad raises. But squats and lunges work more of your lower body, as well as those 2 muscles, so I want to include them in my routine.

L0uie69 06-25-2007 11:47 AM

what is "tone up".. how the hell do you tone up your legs.. you can only get them bigger or drop the bf% for better definition.. seriously if you're worried about your knee buy some knee wraps..

curious have you ever squatted?

Meowjin 06-25-2007 12:14 PM

Monday - Legs - Deadlifts, Side split squats, burpies, roman deadlifts, leg extensions with ball, hamstring curls with ball
Tuesday - Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps
Wendsday - Back and Core
Thursday - Chest and Cardio (usually 30 minutes of swimming
Friday - Legs Again

I have to make up for 2 months of leg excersizes... have been out with a leg injury. I also play hockey at elast once a week.

marclapierre 06-25-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by L0uie69
what is "tone up".. how the hell do you tone up your legs.. you can only get them bigger or drop the bf% for better definition..

curious have you ever squatted?

You just answered your own question...thats how you tone them, lose the bf%, and ya, of course build em up a little. all i was saying is that Im not planning on getting HUGE like a body builder. Just lose some fat, gain some muscle. thats the overall purpose of my whole routine.

and no i have squatted. ive done lunges before. like i said, i want to work an exercise into my routine that works alt of the lower body. but i dont want to fuck my knees up. based on all the comments here, your saying squats are better though... i guess ill switch to them.
Im just looking for a clear answer as to why they are better?

penner2k 06-25-2007 04:40 PM

so.. this morning I woke up.. I did squats on Saturday and you wouldnt believe it.. my legs looked like Ronnie Colemans..
but bigger..
dont do squats.. you might get too big

Wagonized 06-28-2007 03:29 AM

monday-chest and calves
tuesday-back, rear delts and traps
wed-legs
thursday-shoulders and traps
friday-arms

every 2nd friday i do deadlifts only and insert bis and tris somewhere throughout the week.

exercises vary.

squats and deadlifts are the kings of all exercises imo. Lunges can be good but should never be chosen to replace a squat movement.

Push presses are absolutely awesome aswell. I never feel a pump in my shoulders like i get with push press and it obviously works the core better than a seated movement.