REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Retired Traffic Cop

Moderator Bios

zulutango

Thanks for taking the time to see a bit of the new Cop behind the call sign. I'm what was known as a "Career Traffic Man". I worked RCMP Traffic Services on Vancouver Island and have been for over 16 years until I retired in 2009. I've been part of the RCMP since 1980 now, in one form or another. I'm trained in Radar & Laser, Accident Investigation Level 2, RSD, SFST and many other specific Traffic-related skills and I have tendered "expert" evidence (Traffic specific) for Supreme Court trials. The Supreme Court of BC has deemed me an "expert" in the areas of motorcycle operation and safe riding techniques. I am also employed by a Provincial Govt branch as as a SME (subject matter expert) in the field of motorcycle safety and training.

I designed and taught the RCMP Police Motorcycle Operator course as a Senior Instructor, and am the former National Director of Rider Education for an international motorcycle club. In addition,I'm a licensed Class 6 and 8 Driving Instructor and I teach as an Instructor for several well known driving schools. I teach class 5, 7, and GLP with Young Drivers of Canada and I also teach advanced motorcycle courses for my own company.

I have designed and presented safe driving seminars, and instructed, in Canada and the US.
My past exploits include Rallying, Gymkhana, even had a CASC Competition License and circuit raced cars and motorcycles, drag raced both and off road raced MX till I finally admitted how much it hurt when the ground jumped up and bit me one time too many. I actually own one of the founding shares in one of the first car & motorcycle race tracks built in Eastern Canada.

I'm a "Car Guy" and "motorcycle nut" and I enjoyed working with fast cars and motorcycles. I use my experience and training, on and off the job, to help try to train & educate drivers & riders so that less of us end up getting hurt. I heard about Revscene from Skidmark and hope that I can be of assistance as a resource for you.

Spiker

13 yrs with VPD
7 yrs dog handler
Graduate of Bob Bondurant Race School.
Road raced for 6 yrs
1998 Novice of the year SCCBC
3rd Place SCCBC Endurance Championship 1998{Finished every race }
Ran SCCBC Invitational 2001 Nissan 200 sx{finished18th I think}
Ran SCCBC Invitational 2003 G1 Teg {Sponsored by PACER}
Running this year in the West Coast Sport Car Series in the 200 SX again.

A few other trophy,s at Mission road course for podium finishes over the years.
Completed the 6r enduro at Portland in the old 200 sx.

Here are some sites I like to visit
The Sports Car Club of British Columbia Official Website (SCCBC)
Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs
UBCSCC - The University of British Columbia Sports Car Club {crazy fun with these guys}
VCMC Motorsport Club Forums - Sponsored by PDM Racing - Latest {great people to learn with.}
International Conference of Sports Car Clubs I some times race in thier RS class
Sports Car Club of America Forums, SCCA News, SCCA Racing, and Discussion Boards
Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Hows that

Oh,.,I just came in from the garage.Im putting in a new Nissan comp header on the 200 sx.

Pacer

Just to give all of you a back ground about me....

I am a member of the RCMP and have been for almost 20 years. I am currently in charge of the Richmond Traffic Services Unit.

I worked in Northern Saskatchewan for 9 yrs before moving to Richmond. I have been in the Richmond Traffic Section for over 12 years. (the longest current serving member)

I am also a Collsion Analyst (not as long as skidmark but I can answer and have training in most of the same areas as he)
I teach several topics, including Radar, Laser, RSD (roadside screening devices), Breathalyzers, and EVO (emergency vehicle operations).

I have training in all of the above noted topics. Plus I am a Comercial Vehicle Inspector, Standard Field Sobriety Tester, and a Police Motor Cycle operator. I have training in and operate several other types of vehicles.

I am and have been an avid car person for years and have owned a few modified vehicles. I am new to the Import scene but I am trying to learn. I became involved in the PACER program several years ago as I saw a need for more education in this area and the PACER program seemed to be a good place to start. (it was already developed and had major sponsors). Since this prgram has since disapeared, I assisted in the creation of RTR (resist the race). I am also trying to develop some training and educational presentations that will be of value to teens and people in the import scene as well.

I will be leaving the majority of the replies to Skidmark and I will try to answer question relating directly to the Lower Mainland and Richmond as best I can.

Thank You.
Advertisement

Learn more at DriveSmartBC

Last edited by Five-Oh; 08-31-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Closed Thread