REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #2776
I subscribe to Revscene

so i just did a HUP at a store (was going to buy the S6 outright) and was able to carry over my current plan ($60, 4G, all the bells and whistles, off contract for a year already). I asked the guy how this was possible because i remember trying to upgrade a few months ago and i would have been forced onto one of the $80+ plans. He said they changed their policy recently and they don't do that anymore. If i wanted to jump onto a new contract i would be able to receive a further $200 discount on the phone though.

This was the Rogers in Bentall btw - better experience here than the major mall locations.
Advertisement
dat_steve is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #2777
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Wtf...it's like Rogers is run by the Vogon bureaucracy.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #2778
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
so i just did a HUP at a store (was going to buy the S6 outright) and was able to carry over my current plan ($60, 4G, all the bells and whistles, off contract for a year already). I asked the guy how this was possible because i remember trying to upgrade a few months ago and i would have been forced onto one of the $80+ plans. He said they changed their policy recently and they don't do that anymore. If i wanted to jump onto a new contract i would be able to receive a further $200 discount on the phone though.

This was the Rogers in Bentall btw - better experience here than the major mall locations.
WOW

What was your HUP price?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #2779
I subscribe to Revscene

it was 450 to re-sign using my existing contract but for a two year term. so it would have been 250 had i chosen to get onto one of their new plans (really expensive).
dat_steve is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #2780
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
is there any way to check your roaming usage with rogers?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #2781
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
you can use their rogers app to check. but you need to be off wifi. i haven't used their app in ages but IIRC, there is a roaming section to show your usage.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #2782
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post

lucky.. I was just on chat with them inquiring how much it would cost to do a HUP to 6+ or S6 and was told I have to change my plans beforehand (I have a 50$ plan with 6gb data, unlimited calling, etc) and was told I could get that same plan I have but only 5gb for 70$ or have 3GB, non-pooled, tetherable, LTE enabled/ Unlimited Canadian Long Distance/ for $60

anybody else able to do a HUP but keep the plans you have??
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 AM   #2783
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
lucky.. I was just on chat with them inquiring how much it would cost to do a HUP to 6+ or S6 and was told I have to change my plans beforehand (I have a 50$ plan with 6gb data, unlimited calling, etc) and was told I could get that same plan I have but only 5gb for 70$ or have 3GB, non-pooled, tetherable, LTE enabled/ Unlimited Canadian Long Distance/ for $60

anybody else able to do a HUP but keep the plans you have??
I was told by their retentions department yesterday that it was not possible to do if I want one of their premium phones as they require a plan that is at least $70/mo. The reason is that about $17.50/mo goes towards paying off your phone on a 2 year contract.

That being said, I'd love some thoughts on what I was offered by Rogers for a share everything plan for 2 phones.

Unlimited talk, text, picture & video nationwide
basic voicemail/call display
4gb shared data
Roam Like Home

$135/mo + tax on a 2 year term

1st phone 32gb Galaxy S6 - $153.29 + tax
2nd phone 32gb Galaxy S6 - $235.09 + tax

Their retention's department was telling me that this is the best that they can offer me right now but there may be different promotions available as of June 3rd as the CRTC has apparently stated that on this date all existing 3 year phone plans will be ended and you will now be month to month.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #2784

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
I was told by their retentions department yesterday that it was not possible to do if I want one of their premium phones as they require a plan that is at least $70/mo. The reason is that about $17.50/mo goes towards paying off your phone on a 2 year contract.
Do you still have the reference number? If that is true,.does that mean after 2 years, your monthly payment will be reduced by $17.50 since by that time, you already paid off the subsidy?

there was an article saying that consumers in us/uk are complaining that they shouldn't continue to pay the same monthly as they did at the beginning of the contract when their contract ended.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #2785

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Do you still have the reference number? If that is true,.does that mean after 2 years, your monthly payment will be reduced by $17.50 since by that time, you already paid off the subsidy?

there was an article saying that consumers in us/uk are complaining that they shouldn't continue to pay the same monthly as they did at the beginning of the contract when their contract ended.
Yes, I do still have the reference number for this and no, they did not clarify if I would see a reduction in cost once the device has been paid off. It is a very good point that you bring up though and I will be asking them about it.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #2786
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
you can use their rogers app to check. but you need to be off wifi. i haven't used their app in ages but IIRC, there is a roaming section to show your usage.
The Rogers app works while on wifi now, thankfully. Always used to turn it off to check my info and would forget to turn it back on afterwards.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #2787
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post

That being said, I'd love some thoughts on what I was offered by Rogers for a share everything plan for 2 phones.

Unlimited talk, text, picture & video nationwide
basic voicemail/call display
4gb shared data
Roam Like Home

$135/mo + tax on a 2 year term

1st phone 32gb Galaxy S6 - $153.29 + tax
2nd phone 32gb Galaxy S6 - $235.09 + tax

Their retention's department was telling me that this is the best that they can offer me right now but there may be different promotions available as of June 3rd as the CRTC has apparently stated that on this date all existing 3 year phone plans will be ended and you will now be month to month.
lol that plan is pretty shit.. although its only a single line so obviously they are charging a premium

me and GF are on the shared plan

Unlimited canada wide calling
unlimited text, video, picture messaging
basic caller ID voice mail
8GB shared data
roam like home, etc.

$190 taxes in for both phones
Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #2788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
lol that plan is pretty shit.. although its only a single line so obviously they are charging a premium

me and GF are on the shared plan

Unlimited canada wide calling
unlimited text, video, picture messaging
basic caller ID voice mail
8GB shared data
roam like home, etc.

$190 taxes in for both phones
It's not one line, it's for two lines. basically you are paying an extra $38.80 for an extra 4gb from what they offered me.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #2789
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

what's the best way to cancel a shared 2 phone contract?

i've had my number with rogers for 15+ years....this past december i got a new S5 as well as my wife. we have a shared plan now....2 years

anything i can do to mitigate the costs? looking to can in july.

pay out the fees and sell the phones?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #2790
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Went from 5gb to 11gb for an extra $19
Old 05-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #2791
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Has anyone try buying a phone outright from Rogers? I went to 2 different Rogers store to buy the Note 4 outright but they refuse (I didn't want to do a Hardware upgrade because apparently they needed a company code, which I left long ago..so trying to avoid it and keep my current plan) Does anyone know if the Samsung store at Metro/Richmond sell the phone outright? I'm really in need of a phone (hell, they don't even have any pay as you go phone for me). I called Rogers and almost went through with a hardware upgrade but they needed the company code.
kiwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #2792
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

yes the samsung store sells the phone outright. i got one for my friend
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #2793

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
I bought a s6 from the samsung store outright for my girlfriend and myself and evem tho you pay full price, its still locked!
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #2794

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
i am surprised that the phones you buy outright are locked. did they ask you what carrier you were with?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #2795
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Might be leaving my plan soon... can i transfer my plan to someone else without losing my # when i move to a different carrier? Plan is pretty good...
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #2796
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
falk, i'm going ot leave rogers cause i'm getting raped. $78 tax in for 500 MB

with LTE, i only use 1 GB - 2gb
i'm thinking of going to kudoos for 55 bucks.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #2797
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I'm currently on the super 6 plan, comes to an average of $82/mth.

A few weeks ago, Rogers called me and tried to offer this loyalty plan. 8gb, unlimited nation wide calls, unlimited text, and free roaming in the states for $100/ mth.

Stupid CSR kept trying to persuade me to get the plan. He even said that I only use 80% of my 6gb, that I should just upgrade and get the 8gb.

Had to tell the CSR no like 5x before he finally gave up.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:53 AM   #2798

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
i am surprised that the phones you buy outright are locked. did they ask you what carrier you were with?
Yes, they ask which carrier because each s6 box was colour coded depending on carrier, so they are locked from the get go
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #2799
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i just renewed my contract with rogers in december and did the shared plan to add my wife....we're going travelling again in july

what are my options. we both got new S5's so i'm sure we're going to get screwed on the phone buyout but can i change us both to just a minimal data plan???

any recommendations?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #2800
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
fuck, plans are expensive af now a days.

I got the super 6 gig plan a while back and also bonus package, basically everything unlimited for 57 a month.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote