REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

life is good!

im 21, grading next year with my bachelors in nursing
currently working at the hospital on weekends
i live with my bf.. he has a good career, just finished his masters

my plan is to work at vancouver general hosp for 2 yrs fulltime after grad then apply to a masters program
Advertisement

Last edited by KChen; 09-19-2007 at 09:09 AM.
KChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #27
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
mind 20's graduate form BCIT but I am sitll trying to find what I really want to do in life.

I guess in my earlier yrs I wasn't really planning my future ahead and just kinda of finihs school while partying and stuff.

Also living at home and paying rent to my paretns. I wasn't born in a rich family so I have to get everything on my own. Been with my gf for 2+yrs but things is starting to die down coz I still havne't figure out my career path or working in jobs which will secure our future.

Life sucks sometimes but we have to keep trying.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

at 22, i was working my ass off doing two full time jobs instead of spending time on internet asking what others were doing ...
STREET-RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #29
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Im 22 and a second year student at SFU. In highschool I skipped 60% of my classes, cheated on tests, don't remember any math beyond Math 8 or 9 and basically, don't remember much from highschool studying.

I went to Langara directly after HS and got on academic probation and dropped out. I goofed around, wasted a lot of money and just had fun (although it wasnt really fun). I went back to Langara after a 1.5 year break and took some courses that would help me get to SFU. The next semester I went to South Korea for a student exchange and met lots of great people and did some Soul searching.

I cam back and now I am determined to try harder in SFU. My biggest difficulties are trying to get through uni without knowing any of the basics from HS.

I am kind of screwed but trying hard now. I know where I want to be and that is my goal. At times I feel hopeless and lost because everyone is doing so good except me, but that just makes me try harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

right where i expect to be around this age... dying or dead.

**Signature Deleted**

www.buypbl-paintball.com
www.badlandspaintball.com
www.paintballgear.ca
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

drive a benz from my parents
live at home
fuk school get drink high and party
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
^
Hope your parents are rich cuz it looks like you're gonna be living at home for a loooooong time.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

staring at the fact that every house for sale in my area is now over a million and wondering HTF am I surposed to live in the city I was born in.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercenary
im 28y/o 5'2 and 238lbs
only had 1 girlfriend in my life
work at a video store
drive an 82 accord

my life is great
Not to be off track, but maybe this is the guy that the guy in Relationship forum was talking about? 'guys who need help' lol
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #35
Aloha!

At 22, I was clubbing every weekend and just had fun. I was quiet during high school so my "wilder" days in my early 20's. I had no clue what I wanted to do so I took a break from school and worked with my mom and sis at a family business.

I didn't want to be tied down and this was the time I really wanted to "have fun" so I did and I don't regret this time at all.

Nvasion; I know you went through some super tough times but do what means most to you and you will do fine.
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\-----
Macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #36
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanks BellyDancerYuna. I just wanted to see what everyone around my age has accomplished. Just felt that ive been set a couple of years back with what has happened.
I know this post may make some people think that ive given up on my life or whatever. but going through what ive been through makes me having to climb the "ladder" from mid way point all over again.

i know one day ill look back at this post and laugh
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #37
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
22, just graduate from ubc forestry...
looked around for jobs, and decided against running around in a forest.....
back to school, now doing GIS at bcit...
need to make money, soon, parents are retiring, no more free meal tix...
i will be their meal tix..
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mercenary
im 28y/o 5'2 and 238lbs
only had 1 girlfriend in my life
work at a video store
drive an 82 accord

my life is great
dude, i want ur life!
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #39
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i'm 19.
-still in school at SFU doing business administration
-currently actively doing work in the financial services industry doing personal financial management (licensed to deal with life and securities)
-pursuing my CFP credential at the moment
-steady gf for almost 2 years now
-own a car
-bought a new apartment, moving in in 2008 (brentwood gates)

My goal is to earn my CFP and CFA by the age of 25. And be able to not really worry about money by the age of 30. Oh and, get a BMW 6 series.. always wanted one of those.
stevenwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #40
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
At age 22 I was doing fuck all, i had no life (school).

pretty much still the same now. although within the next 3 years I think that'll dramatically change. as soon as school ends, i'll have a real life.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #41
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stevenwwjd
i'm 19.
-still in school at SFU doing business administration
-currently actively doing work in the financial services industry doing personal financial management (licensed to deal with life and securities)
-pursuing my CFP credential at the moment
-steady gf for almost 2 years now
-own a car
-bought a new apartment, moving in in 2008 (brentwood gates)

My goal is to earn my CFP and CFA by the age of 25. And be able to not really worry about money by the age of 30. Oh and, get a BMW 6 series.. always wanted one of those.
Wow that's quite impressive - good job! It's good that you have goals and milestones.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #42
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
I'm 21, in my 4th year of biomedical engineering at SFU. Right now on co-op at vancouver general hospital doing imaging research. A little behind schedule, but I feel I made the right choice scaling down my course load last year, as it allowed me to finally have a life. It does mean pursuing a minor in business would be an impossibility though, if I plan on graduating at a reasonable date.

Always wanted to be an aerospace engineer, since I was 5. Then I grew up and realized how unrealistic some goals are. I like to think I'm still somewhat on track though - at least I'm helping people.

As for dreams and ambitions, it depends on which path I choose to take with my education I suppose. I'll have to make a decision on whether to continue with graduate studies in engineering or get an MBA later on in life. I won't know til I get to my honors thesis. I do know that I want to end up in a career where I'll be happy and kept challenged, and that'll allow me to buy a reasonably decent home in Vancouver. <-- a pretty impossible goal these days, I know.

VP of a fair sized car club, making enough money to have some kicking around, getting in better shape than I've ever been, I'd say I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.

I say life is a game of motivation. There's nothing you can't do if you want it bad enough. I've had to want some things pretty bad to get them though, and personally I think I've got quite a ways to go.

Last edited by RabidRat; 09-21-2007 at 12:56 PM.
RabidRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm 24, graduated from post-secondary in 02 and started working the same year as a CG artist. 5 years later I am in the same field, third company, working as a senior and teaching part time making good coinage. Have a great GF of over a year right now and in terms of possessions, right now I have an 05 Legacy Turbo (for sale), 02 S2000, 01 CBR F4i, and an apartment on the way (Espana). I was a lazy ass in high school but luckily found something I enjoyed doing and happened to be good at. I'd like to think it's because of hard work and big brains but I'm sure luck had its part in it as well.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #44
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I'm 22 right now.
after hs i went to langara with the hopes of transfering to UBC. After 1 year at langara i was frustrated with my progress and wanted out of school fast.(but i really wanted a degree) So i bascially blindly picked something at BCIT. After 2 years of hard ass work. i got my diploma in Operations Mgmt. Spent the summer of 2006 looking for a job and being a bum. I also applied to SFU for fun. And i Was accepted based on my langara marks. I was stunned. If only i knew my marks were good enough i would've gone to SFU instead of BCIT.
Well i got a job in Sept of 2006 as Buyer. Pays ok. Could do better though. As well as working towards a being a professional purchaser.
Got my dream car..a 400 hp STi monster..muahaha.
During this Summer i broke up with my 3 year gf because i just wanted to be single . Don't want to be tied down during this part of life. just wanna have fun before i get too old.

my future goals.
go back to school and get a degree. possibly royal roads since i can get a degree in 12 months.
being my own boss. if not..then moving up the corp ladder.
getting my own place..BUT honestly living at home aint so bad..YOU save tonnes of money.
save up some capital and get my hands dirty in the Stock market.
conjur up some buisiness plan with my buddies.

Being 22 is so weird. Choices you make now will shape the many years to come. Well thats how i feel atleast. NO time to waste as well.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #45
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

25 years old
in a great 6year relationship.
didn't do too well in highschool so had to do some upgrading and college prior to univ.
trying to finish off remaining electives to graduate university.
owned a civic but sold it.
currently own 00 accord and 03 600RR
currently 3D artist working in the industry for almost a year now. took me a while to figure out what i wanted to do and finally found it.
currently renting apt, trying to save up to buy some time in the near future.

PS. Nvasion, goodluck with recovering from whatever you're recovering from. Just figure out a place to start and what your immediate goals are and aim for them first and keep your long term goals in mind to work on next. One step at a time...at 22 you're still young.
alsex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #46
Aloha!

I remember the self expectations of wanting everything before 30; have my education done, have a good paying job, have a nice car, own my own home and being married but the thing is, all of these take years to get. This really bugged me a lot back in the day.

After a while I realized that we live for a while so there shouldn’t be any ‘deadlines’ in life. You can set goals but there’s no need to over expect from yourself. So if your “finished” all your goals, what’s next? There’s going to be 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s....see, there’s lots of time. People get married in their 40’s, people finally get a career going in their 50’s, and women have first child in their 40’s. Life is full of setbacks and interruptions but you can’t blame yourself for this.

Life’s not over after 30. 30’s is actually BETTER than the 20’s in my opinion. You actually know yourself more of yourself and you deal with things better than in your 20’s. I’m early 30’s (yes RS's oldest female member) and I do have my moments when I think maybe I should have done things earlier but there’s always a time and place.
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\-----
Macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS

Single
Own a unit, which is being rented out for passive income.
Drive an S40, which I believe is a reflection of my personality.
Have a high def tv, satelite, xbox 360, and about 10 high performance RC cars as my fun hobby.

Been a nationally certified millitary music teacher since the age of 15/16. While pursuing my history degree at UBC (in the hopes of becoming a highschool teacher), I realized that at age 23, I've been teaching music & millitary performance for about 8 years - and that I needed a career change. By the time I was 23, I had already:
- created national doctrines
- won multiple awards, titles, and championships with various units I had trained
- created an archetypical organization based on streamlined efficiency
- developed personel who could now operate the organization without my neccesary prescence

On top of that, I had also established an internationally recognized association at UBC, founded & propelled a local RC racing club to nationaly recognized status, developed my body into a sculpted piece of art with a 30 inch waist, and satisfied my hunger for knowledge in the many books & documents I had absorbed through my years as a history major.

So after thinking it over & over, I realized.....am I finished? Minus money, a car, and a wife.....I basicaly completed my life goals at the age of 23. So what does one do at this point? Fuck it. I took my education & aquired fundamentals, and jumped into big box retail to attain the money, to buy the car, to get the hot girl that would become my wife.

Started managing the largest cellular department in western canada, made positive changes to the companies systems & protocals, and helped train other managers & supervisors. Got to know some ppl at headquarters as well, and basically played the game well, to a point where I was able to cruise. I then got head hunted to become a marketing executive for a posh lifestyle & home living magazine. Money was no longer a problem, and neither was meeting fine ladies. I also got myself a nice car, and was begining to dabble in a specific sector of real estate & construction (project management & unit investment). I'm 25 at this point.

So now what? Once again, I attained all my goals at an accelerated pace. I didn't like the work, cause I had no interest in what the magazine represetned. Plus the world of magazines was forgeign to me, and again - I really had no interest to become a crucial part of it. It's easy to walk away from money, when you have no interest in what you are doing and are confident enough to know that you can earn the money that you need. Plus I found that the women I was after, were shallow, fake, and promiscuous. Note to all young men, women who say they are "not like that", likely are ;p

Having goals & attaining achievements are nice. But if you complete them too fast.....you'll be wAndering where to go & what to do next. I now work as a corporate sales consultant for a major mobile provider. I got a steady 9-5 job in a comfortable working environment, that can allow me the freedom to do the recreational things I enjoy.....and thats fine by me. I'm not responsible for anyone or anything, nor do I really care to be at this point. I guess I can consider myself semi-retired. Or I can also be labelled as a guy who has lost their ambition via overachievement.

So don't get caught up in keeping your eyes on the prize & trying to get there faster than the guy next to you. Cause once you attain it, you'll be asking yourself what is next. It's always good to WANT or STRIVE for something. Cause when there is nothing left that you want.....things seem pretty mundane & boring. So if you know your potential, aim higher, or else you'll plateau early and just sit around - watching your 30 inch waist slowly expand until it no longer fits into those clothes you once looked so stunning in.

Kinda like the 18 year old highschool kid who signs a $10 million NBA contract, and then ends up sitting on the bench for his whole career - overachievement looks great at a young age. But it is not always good.
0000000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #48
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

-19 in october
-just got kicked out of SFU in april because i was too much of a slacker
- broke up with my ex who held me back from school, friends, and basically life
- met someone new who complements my life and improves it
- still unsure of what to do, different options but slightly similar (civil engineer or actuary)
- still living at home
- only have 4 figures in the bank
- trying to figure out how to save money
- trying harder to stay focused on the important things like school, family etc.
- looking for a new job more related to my career, fast food really isnt my thing
- currently at kwantlen retaking courses that i took at SFU (and kwantlen is by far superior to teaching)
- struggling with addiction to cell phones
- sharing my car with my older sister
- trying to stay on track with life and not get caught up in the moment

- enjoying life even though its getting harder and harder.

Last edited by JKam; 09-22-2007 at 10:28 PM.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #49
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

-24, 25 in dec.
Was a stoner in highschool and destroyed what i had going for me in terms of schooling. Moved up north to the oil fields. Dicked around for a year then landed my current career.
Decided to give it up due to the lack of a real life and moved back to kelowna and went in debt. Met a fantastic girl. Went back up north in the winter, went back to kelowna in the spring. Went further in debt and lost the girl.

Currently up north, just got a promotion and a raise, make more money than i ever thought possible and still dont want this career. Currently killing off debt and saving money to do whatever it is i wanna do with my life come spring as my mind tends to change career idea's. maybe school.

Quote:
Originally posted by E N D L E S S

Yeah and if you fill up half tank v-power and then go fill the rest with chevron techron you got mad vtech power yo
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Therin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:04 AM   #50
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
At 22 I was $10,000 in debt, working for $8 an hour at Canadian Tire, driving a 1974 Ford maverick pile of shit, surviving paycheck to paycheck, living in a basement suite in East Van with shitty roomates.

12 years later I have payed off ALL of my debt, own a condo with my girlfriend, own a payed off Lexus and a payed off Civic (both with kick-ass systems!), a 50" Plasma and a wicked home stereo working at a job that I love (car audio sales and installing).

I think the point is, when you can't even imagine seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and your life feels like a bag of shit, with a positive outlook and attitude you'll trudge through the bad times pretty quickly. I know it sounds cliche but I had no idea I would be where I am even 10 years ago. Life is as good as you make it. Just make sure you try to enjoy getting where you want to be.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote