REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #151
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

how much space is needed to do this? how many sets and how heavy weights are needed?

i live in a condo and am concerned about noise for tenants downstairs. is there a lot of jumping and stuff?
Advertisement

i'm a single, forty year old janitor. what's god gonna do, take that away from me?
killyourparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #152
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
so P90X is just like Billy's Boot Camp DVD?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #153
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
so P90X is just like Billy's Boot Camp DVD?
I just had a quick look at billys boot camp. It looks to me more cardio oriented and a lot more girls to look at on the tv. You can also watch all of it on youtube.

P90x has resistance training 3 days a week and 12 different hour long workouts. Similar idea I guess in that you both watch them on tv.

I'm on day 39 of p90x now. Haven't missed one workout and take 1 rest day a week. Not one cheat meal in 39 days so something is working. Doing this makes me realize just how out of shape I was. Not seeing crazy visual results so far but I'm down ~5% bodyfat and ~8lbs and lost inches in some spots and seen big increases in endurance and strength relative to what I started at.

51 days to go.
sdubfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #154
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
anyone can email me or PM me the nutritional guide? I have the videos, and Excel workout plan. but not the nutritional walkthrough.
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #155
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My buddy burnt me a copy and I tried a bit of kenpo tonight. I felt the burn in like 10 mins. Was prob really only like 5.. I can definitely tell this is gonna be an intense program. Don't really have the nutrition plan though. But this is gonna be tough on me since I play on 2 hockey teams this summer, started to go back to the gym again, and with my non-office job, p90x is gonna be killer on me. haha.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
ok so i guess it really works

i might try it if i ever feel like it

sounds like it is more promising than billy's boot camp
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #157
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

im on DAY 24, i've always been athletic but i've usually let my skills help me get by.
anyways first week was brutal, soo fuking intense, but after that, doing the moves every week and repeating it, it gets easier in some aspect but still tiring as hell.
I can see my arms taking shape already, some muscles are showing which i havent had before. My legs i know are changing too as when i play hockey, i'm not getting tired at all. as for my abs, i believe that's one of the last thing to disappear after the fat on ur arms and everywhere else goes first?? but i could lready fit into some of my tight shirts lol.
as for nutrition plan, i do my own plan, definitely more self conscience about what i eat but yes i do cheat, bbt here and there, alcohol, i eat my mom's cooking (pho, etc). but definitely lots of protein bars n shakes and fruits n vegables.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #158
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

there is a p90x+ program out now as well. reviews aren't as high as p90x though.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #159
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm only on disc 2 and I've lost 2 lbs already. Didn't do it on consecutive days nor am I following the diet plan. haha. I guess it works, even though losing weight isn't what I want to do really, but I sure as hell sweated like there was no tmrw.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #160
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I just finished week 3 of this program and I love it. Not much weight loss ~3 lbs but large difference in inches already. Ab Ripper X 3x a week is just hell.
StylinCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #161
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
p90x lol

I saved xxx amount of dollars, and just used common sense.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #162
Rs has made me the man i am today!

it's not just about common sense...it's about following the program
the program is also a motivational tool....
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #163
I don't get it

anyone working out for 3 months straight will see results if they noe wut there doing. P90x is basically for noobs that are just starting to work out or people who cant go to the gym.
ninja_bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #164

my first round of p90x will be done july 13. So far lost just about 20lbs since mid april.

Yes it is common sense, eat less and move more. There is just a lot of variety in the program and the best part is it spells it out for you. Anything that gets you moving and wathicng what you eat will work. I'm happy with it so far and thats all that matters.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #165

its prolly already been answered, but where can i purchase the p90x locally? also, is this is a good idea for someone with a leaner body looking to GAIN muscle weight (instead of losing)? all the results im hearing so far is ppl losing fat/weight.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #166
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Wal Marts have p90x for sale, in the fitness section.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #167
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
its prolly already been answered, but where can i purchase the p90x locally? also, is this is a good idea for someone with a leaner body looking to GAIN muscle weight (instead of losing)? all the results im hearing so far is ppl losing fat/weight.
download it..why would u pay for it. If your looking to gain just eat more and lift more. Everyone on here is probably using p90x to lean out there body to be more cut.
ninja_bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #168

Update: Finished my p90x first 90 days on saturday. Started at 185 22% bodyfat april 13 on sat july 11 i was 165 at 17% bodyfat. So I lost 20lbs and about 5% bodyfat even with beer and unhealthy choices once in awhile. Will be taking a week and a bit off and then start up round two.

Round 2 goals, maintain/increase weight and reduce bodyfat.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #169
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Update: Finished my p90x first 90 days on saturday. Started at 185 22% bodyfat april 13 on sat july 11 i was 165 at 17% bodyfat. So I lost 20lbs and about 5% bodyfat even with beer and unhealthy choices once in awhile. Will be taking a week and a bit off and then start up round two.

Round 2 goals, maintain/increase weight and reduce bodyfat.

Congrats! and good job! may I ask how tall you are? 165 is pretty light..

other than that.. keep up the good work..
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #170

I am 5'10". I know it is light. I'm still really weak but way stronger than when I started. I will be increasing my intake on my 2nd round to try and add some weight.

When I started I could barely do a chinup and now I can do 8-10. Pushups are at about 30 up from 15.

If anyone is overweight I suggest giving it a try. I recommended it to a friend and she has been doing it for 8 days now and has lost 8lbs and 19" from her arms, legs, hips and chest combined. I couldn't beleive it in just 1 week.

Has anybody else had positive/negative results from trying it?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #171
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
I am 5'10". I know it is light. I'm still really weak but way stronger than when I started. I will be increasing my intake on my 2nd round to try and add some weight.

When I started I could barely do a chinup and now I can do 8-10. Pushups are at about 30 up from 15.

If anyone is overweight I suggest giving it a try. I recommended it to a friend and she has been doing it for 8 days now and has lost 8lbs and 19" from her arms, legs, hips and chest combined. I couldn't beleive it in just 1 week.

Has anybody else had positive/negative results from trying it?
i'm like 190 and at your height so i really wanna give it a try

isnt it bad losing 8lbs in one week? i heard losing 3 lbs in a week is healthy

so did you purchase p90x?
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #172
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I bought the program couple months back along with my new TV system that I put in the basement.

I consider myself in pretty good shape already when I started but still got owned by this when I first started. I think the pace that they do it was pretty intense, I found myself taking a lot of breaks.

Been doing it for 2 months and then stopped recently because life got too busy with work and other stuff and just doing basic cardio and hitting the gym once in awhile.
I don't do any of that stretching, and yoga etc stuff inbetween the workouts and don't follow the nutrition guide. I eat what I want so I guess my results can be a lot better if I did that.

Things I loved about the program:

- It's a VERY EFFICIENT workout. You get the maximum among of work in the minimal among of time.
- Very good for toning, good for the Brad Pitt in fight club look and not the meathead bodybuilder look.
- Awesome abs program.

Things I didn't like:

- Leg workouts were lacking some things. I think you still need to incorporate squads and deadlifts once in awhile.
- If you do this for a year - I can see myself getting bored. I guess you gotta do it for 90 days, then stop and do regular workouts for 6 months or so and then go back to another 90 day again.

Would I recommend it to my friends and family?

Yes, recommended it to my brother and some friends.
My brother is currently doing it and he had awesome results.
Friends are really out of shape so they really struggled the first 2-3 weeks, but now they seem to be getting the hang of it.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #173
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I did Lean P90X for about a month and a half. I lost a few pounds within the first week and a half and since then I've noticed a difference in my arms, stomach, and legs. I am trying to get back on it but I am feel so lazy. It definitely delivers great results if you stick with it. It's not easy but it offers a lot of variety which I prefer over the regular gym routines I used to do.
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #174
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
London Drugs also sells it as well. Personally Id just download it haha. I just grabbed it recently and checked out the ab work out and thought the program was pretty good. Will get into it later.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #175
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i did this for 50 days so only p50 for me cuz i injured my wrist doing the flying off the ground push ups...started at 160 now down to 145 and pretty ripped....i was already pretty toned before but wanted to get super ripped for summer lol...no i look smaller but more ripped!....im 5'10 btw ....

over all..this program does work!
still_fly is offline   Reply With Quote