REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #51
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
This was back in the winter of 92 or 93 in our house near Victoria and 45th.

I was about 8 or 9 and the place we had was a pretty old school victorian style house. The house itself has no history I've been able to uncover but the neighbors all told us that the previous owner had committed suicide in it 50+ years ago. Either way, the room I had was a larger room with a huge rectangular window along the entire wall of my room. My room was beside the kitchen and in the kitchen was a locked door that led to the basement.

The basement in this house was unfinished so it was normal to go down there and see a bunch of bugs. I'd hear faint noises coming form the basement every now and then because the basement was directly underneath my room.

One night I was laying down in my bed reading and I thought I heard something bang in from the basement. It was common for small animals to get down there and tear up the place or just die. Difference this time was it seemed much louder than any other noise I've heard before so I went to grab my dad. I walked down the hallway where the other bedroom was.

I'm going down the hallway and I see a bit of a white night gown, and as I step into the living room fully about 10 feet away from me is this white shadow, i couldn't see a face, it was very white and faded at the same time. It was hovering in the corner of the ceiling and looking down at me. I freaked and ran across the hall to wake my mom/dad and dragged them into the living room. My dad/mom got up, thinking maybe someone had broken in or I was just dreaming, but when they went back into the living room it was empty.

It might not sound scary and my parents think I must have been sleeping. I still believe I saw something that night.
Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #52
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
My mom used to be a manager at a bank back in the phillippines

she would bring me and my brother to work sometimes to play with other co workers' children..

now to give a heads up, my mom's bank was an old building, from the outside it had a very spanish design look to it,

there was an undergound parking lot, the main floor for the bank and an upstairs attic...

us kids would go up in the attic, which is the same floor size as the bank itself so it was pretty big and empty, other than one corner full of toys and a mini playground stuff and one room as a kitchen.. the lighting is also minimal at best, so even during the day, the entire attic isnt fully lit, so there is some dim light feel to it

.. usually when us kids are playing up there, there would be a 6 to 8 of us so we get pretty entertained.. its when several of us gets taken away for lunch break and only 2 or 3 kids left out that someone would notice some wierd anomaly things in that attic..

but it wasnt a big deal or anything, like we would just feel like someone is watching us or just wierd peripheral visions that we not too sure what we saw and stuff.. but nothing major..

one morning, my mom and me arrived to work earlier than usual.. so i was the only kid to go up in the attic.. i just remembered going up there to hang out and draw on the table, not too long, i heard someone singing in the kitchen room with the door closed, i thought it was just one of my mom's co workers....

its when i started getting goosebumps and reflex just made me run down the stairs crying...... i just remember bolting back to the main bank floor as quick as i can...

my mom and 2 other tellers that arrive early that morning were freaking out and wondering what was wrong with me and that time i couldnt really describe why i got scared all of a sudden.. but i just said to check out the kitchen room...

one of the tellers went up to the attic and the kitchen room to check it out and saw no one..

basically this was what i heard...the song had that distinct old tagalog/spanish song to it.. like something that came from the early 40s or 50s.. i just recognize what it was because my grandmother used to listen to old records just like it..
the voice just kept getting louder and louder through door but it wanst like someone was screaming...

even now, it still freaks me whenever i remember hearing that singing voice.....

but that bank has more stories... from all of us hearing someone walking around with shackles, furnitures being moved etc..

. ill save it for part 2, if i can tell the story decent and easy enough to read..

Last edited by dub.g; 10-14-2007 at 06:00 PM.
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by puckle
I posted this last year but for all the newbs here ya go!

Ghost stories ehh.... where to start...

Where were you driving??!
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #54
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally posted by fuhkyu
Where were you driving??!
On the sunshine coast up by Trout lake and once in Davis bay
puckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #55
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Have you guys ever played with the Ouija Board?

Anyway, this was a story of my experience. This was awhile back when I was 8. My friend told me about the Quija Board and how it moves by itself to answer your questions and comments. Anyway, being a kid, I was extremely curious of the mechanics of the game so my friend and I went into his older sister's bedroom and took the game over to my house to play.

At my house we convinced my older sister to play it as well and so we did. Nothing happened for a good 10 or so minutes while we were conjuring the spirits when all of a sudden it told us to go into the attic.

Here's a back story of the attic just so you know how creepy it is up there. The house i lived at when I was 8 was a very old and creepy looking house. I was always scared of the attic. We never used it or ever go up there and we always, ALWAYS left the door that led up there closed. It had a funny smell and it was cold.. the usual creepy stuff basically.

Anyway, the Ouija Board told us to go up to the attic and reluctantly ( a lot of protesting on my part ) we did. After playing around with it, we started to get scared. If you've ever played with the Ouija Board, you know that the NUMBER 1 rule is to get the board to say goodbye to you before you can leave. We asked for a goodbye and we got a NO. It didn't stop there. After we asked for a goodbye a second time, it repeatedly went to NO like probably 15 times in under 10 seconds. Scared shitless, all three of us bolted downstairs.

This is where the creepy shit starts happening. After the event, every once in a while, I swear I would hear footsteps up in the attic when it was just me and another family member at home. Every time that happens, I would run to my bed and cover myself with my blanket.

One time, my uncle came to live with us for a few days and so he slept in the attic. After the first night he started sleeping on the couch. When my mom asked him why he didnt sleep in the attic instead, he told her there was a ghost upstairs.

I still get goosebumps thinking about that house.. :-(
Drizzt Do'Urden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #56
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
ouija board either freaks me out or im really skeptical about it.. either way im not trying that...

i just recalled my sister were doing it with her friends couple of years back.. and in the middle of "interviewing", one of her friends just passed out...

they called the ambulance and once help came, they got her to wake up basically she said she started having problems breathing during the sessions and felt nauseous and just dropped on the floor...

have you guys done any house haunting locally?

illegal or not? like breaking in to abandoned houses and stuff?

i just remembered back in high school, bunch of us buddies were smoking up and dared to go to one of those steveston houses in richmond but i wussed out...
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #57
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

This is funny to me because I have a 20 year old GUY friend that would shit his pants reading these stories.
DeadMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #58
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
spooky. this thread is awesome!
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #59
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally posted by puckle
On the sunshine coast up by Trout lake and once in Davis bay
you still remember where it is in your head? when's the last time you've been back on that stretch at that time?
I've had a couple of similar road "incidents" though nothing as creepy as to have a hitch hiker jump in front of me. But christ, I will never forget exactly where those happened.
aperfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 AM   #60
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I've got a couple too, I wasn't sure about posting them but Girl bullied me into posting haha (jk)

When I was about 10, I lived in South Langley with my Dad. We were visiting my Nana (who lived on 198th and 24th, down by the old stone quarry) and it was quite late when we were heading back to our place (we lived on 208th, just off Fraser Highway). We were driving down 200th, and as we were driving past 26th, I saw this old lady walking along side of the road. She was clearly visible in the headlights (she was very pale and old and wearing a lot of white), but once the headlights were past her, she completely disappeared, not even a trace as I looked out the window as we went by where she had been standing. Freaked me out royally.

Another time was when I was about 8 or 9. I was living in New West with my Dad on 6th ave, just off 12th. I was going to sleep one night when it sounded like there was a cat or a small dog roaming around my room. I thought it was just my little collie Rosie playing, but she was on the bed beside me sleeping. So I sat up and I looked down at the floor, and I saw these two little red eyes looking back at me. The shape was somewhere between a cat and a really mangled dog. Rosie never even flinched though, so maybe I just was dreaming it?

Then again when I was 13, living in Langley on 207A, just down from the pool by H.D. stafford, I was sleeping in my room when I woke up all of a sudden, it felt like someone was watching me while I slept. I got really freaked out so I went into my Dad's gf's daughter's room (she was 15 I think) and woke her up and told her what happened. So we went into my room and she said she could feel it too; so we went and woke up my dad's gf (she was a very religious person) and told her and she got some oil, said a prayer over it, then put a cross above my bed, above my window, and above my door, all the while praying for the evil spirits to be cast out of the home (she was also part native). So we finished that and went downstairs to have some tea and talk. We were sitting in the living room, when all three of us stopped talking at once. Out in the backyard there appeared to be a doorway opening and someone stepping into it or coming out of it. Now we were sitting in complete darkness. So it wasn't coming from anywhere in the house, nor was there anyone home next door. So we just kind of watched it, and after a couple minutes it disappeared and we all felt an immense pressure lift from us. I'm not sure that is considered a ghost story, more like angel sighting, but you get the point.

More recently, I've had a few nights in my current apartment where I've woken up to shadows playing across the wall that shouldn't be there (no they weren't coloured) and what feels like someone sitting next to me on the bed. But I turn over and no one is there.

I've also had the paralysis CRS was talking about. It's very debilitating. I can't move, can barely breathe... the only difference is sometimes it'll go away for a minute or two then come back twice as strong. And it's always accompanied by a "cold wash". Very disturbing.

omg... sorry about the novel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #61

reading some of the above actually reminded me of another one that happened 2 years back.

i was sleeping over at my friend's brand new townhouse in California (well he was still living with his parents back then, so it was his parents' townhouse), but nobody was home cept me him and his younger brother.
anyways, the townhouse was quite small it only had 2 bedrooms, 1 for his parents, and one for the kids...so we decided we'd put his little bro into bed and sleep downstairs so we could play some PS2, eat, talk, etc..the regular stuff.

that night though, we were just talking to each other, just the normal kinda sleepy talk before u fall asleep..and then we started to hear muffled voices.
like it wasnt even anything scary..just maybe when somebody has too much in their mouth or trying to speak to you from under the blanket..and it wasnt anything abnormal.

so we were like wtf? we checked upstairs where his brother was sleeping and he was still fast asleep, so we thought well it might be the folks next door talking.
but then it didnt make any sense because it was already 3ish in the morning..but we didnt think too much about it.

we lay down again and just tried to sleep and then the muffling became very distinct, to the point that we could tell it was a female's voice, and the muffled voice would talk faster and faster and then after we heard thumps and screams and yelps..all in the same kinda manner...like covered in some way.

by then we freaked the fuck out, we thought somebody was committing murder or something next door, and there was just the two of us 16-17 year olds with a kid in the house, so we both went upstairs and slept in the same room his brother was in until morning. we didnt even think about calling the cops because it was just right next door and we'd rather not risk anything...besides, at the point we were just stupid teens too scared to know what to do

His parents came home in the morning and we told them about what had happened the night before...we went to the other half of the townhouse and living there was an old couple..barely able to move around freely without a wheelchair.

it was after a month or two after that when i went to visit him in Cali again that my friend told me that apparently some kind of murder had occurred at the site of the settlement while it was still being built..
we decided to check up the records and indeed, there had been an unsolved mystery murder case of a 22 year old girl at the very site...how it happened remains a mystery even up to this day, but we do know that she was killed and part of her body had been cut up, and she was thrown in an unfinished townhouse in the little townhouse neighborhood..which just so happened to be the house we were in.

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 10-15-2007 at 03:42 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #62
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
^^^ that's so creepy... I don't think I would ever go back to his place ever again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally posted by aperfectcircle
you still remember where it is in your head? when's the last time you've been back on that stretch at that time?
I've had a couple of similar road "incidents" though nothing as creepy as to have a hitch hiker jump in front of me. But christ, I will never forget exactly where those happened.
well when you think you have killed someone you remember... I was on that stretch of highway a couple weeks ago
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #64

I've also had the paralysis CRS was talking about. It's very debilitating. I can't move, can barely breathe... the only difference is sometimes it'll go away for a minute or two then come back twice as strong. And it's always accompanied by a "cold wash". Very disturbing.

I went on a ghost tour here in Victoria about a month ago and at the end of the tour he took us to this little place that they rent out and thats where the tour ends. Anyways we get there and he opens the door,we go inside and I sit in this chair that is in a doorway to a back room, as soon as i sit down i get really sleeply I'm talkin like I cant for the life of me hold my eyes open so he goes on to tell us that this place is one of the most haunted in Vic and that they cant rent it out to anybody cause of the hauntings, he said that one business lasted something like 2 nights and cleared out. So hes goin on about this place and then pionts towards me and says that the back room that i have my back to is THE MOST haunted room in the place, I had a hard tiime standing up at the end and could barely get outside but once i did I was wide awake,full of energy it was odd
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #65
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Inaii

omg... sorry about the novel!!
I HAVE IT TOO! But it only happens when I sleep for like more than 10hrs. I can't move my body at all...... like some kind of force is pulling me flat on my bed. I could breath fine but I just couldn't move. It usually goes away after a few mins though. I always though that it only happens when I sleep too much.......

Anways here is my story.

When I was in HK(when I was about 7) I ate too much vitiams pills(the yummy kinds with fruit favor I finish whole bottle in 2 days O_O). My mom find out and took me to the hospital. I was to stay there for a few days just to make sure I was ok.

Frist night when I was there I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. As I was going to the washroom I saw sth outsdie the windows. It was like a while figure standing on the balcony as I walk closer he turn his head towards me with is really creepy look and then he jump down! I was like OMG scare shitless I pee my patns and started screaming. The nurse came and ask me what happen. But at the time I was too scare/nervous to say anything and I just keep crying.

Fast forward to the 2nd night. I was pretty creep out from what happen the frist night so I just keep my blanket over my head. All of a sudden I felt sth is reaching for me under my blankets. It actually touch my throat. I felt this really cold hand tighting around my neck....... it does not only felt cold around my neck but also it was all through my body! I coulnd't scream or say anything. All I knew was I keep kicking and rolling and out of relief the nurse lift my blanket and that cold feeling was gone......... I just keep crying and crying (they actually have ot use some type of mecidine to make me sleep that night.....)

So after 2 freighting night I left the hospital thinking it was gone for good. Nope..... after leaveing the hosptial I keep getting sick...... I have no energry to do anything and my mom took me to countness doctors yet they still can't determine the casue. And I am getting wrose by the day(I dont' even have the strenght to go to school or even watch TV). So my mom finally took me to this temple(she have to piggy back me there casue I was pretty much half dead X_X).

Turns out there is some kind of evil spirt trying to kill me. They ppl at the temple stick some type of werid yellow paper with red writing on me and said a few words then mix some type of stuff for me to drink(tasted very nasty btw). Withn hrs I was poking non-stop......... my mom got really worry and took me to the temple again. The ppl there said not to worry coz the ghost is being froce to leave my body so it is trying to fight back...... note the stuff I puke out is like really greenlish. and mush......

That night the ppl at the temple let my mom and I sleep over. The next day I felt much better. I got my energy back and everything is fine.

Not sure if I did saw a ghost in the hospital but from then on I get creep out about hospital.......

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 10-15-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #66
Need to Seek Professional Help

^ haha sounds like a movie
justYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #67
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by justYU
well I made a bit more scay than it was but ie did happen lol. Even now when I felt uneasy being in an hospital.

Another time when I was in china vising relatvies(around 12 or 13). My relatives live in the country side(in villages and it takes about 2 to 2.5hrs to drive to the city). The place and house is pretty old(the still don't have running water in the house and no washroom insdie). Anyways one night need to go poo outsdie (they have this booth outsdie of the side with a huge wooden bowl where u poo and pee in it). I was going outsdie and this cat(they own several cats to kill off any rats insdie the house) follow me to the washroom and keep mewoing really loudly(I have no idea what it was doing). I saw sth like a fog getting closer(can't really see clrealy coz I was half asleep) the cat keep meowing and it looks like it was realy to attack or really tense. I turn aorund to look at the cat for a sec and then look back at the fog and it was gone..... O_O anywyas I went took my poo and rush back home at the same time the cat was looking at me.

Yrs later I learn from my cousin(who was in china) said that the village I visit have a lot of ppl kill during WW2(where the japanese came and kill tons of villagers) and that the cats are to protoct the ppl there from ghost(I guess cats can see ghost and scare them away..... O_O I alwways dogs is suppose to scare ghost away). So I guess there was a ghost that night or sth.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 10-15-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally posted by justYU
yea i had the american remake of grudge 2 in my head at first lol
Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #69
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch28
my gf told me about that...didn't the two girls inside the car that flew into the ditch get saved by another driver?

nawww. alll three passed away.
the driver was my friends boyfriend.
unfortunally by the time someone was there to help, they had all drowned.

so sad....
i hating going past there at night. creeps me out.
babychica002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #70
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Mr.HappySlip's typing makes me EL OH EL.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #71
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

ok, well the old house i live in was pretty weird, well its not really old, its a vancouver special built in the late 80s, but i'm guessin the land is bad
well my grandparents still live there right now, but i rarely visit cuz the place freaks me out
we had people there before, and they said the place had a negative feeling about it

ok, well theres 3 incidents that happened in there, one involving me, one my mom, and one my aunt

well for me, when i was living there, i lived at the top of the stairs to the left. if you been to a vancouver special, you would know the layout
my room is next to the living room which is next to the kitchen
so this happened to me a few times, where i would go to sleep, and i would start to hear marching. this would be some type of army battalion marching. this noise would start from the kitchen and get louder and louder towards my room. the first time this happen i freaked and i pulled the covers over my head and tried to pass out as fast as i can. i think by the 3rd time this happened i got the courage to open the door to see what was going on, and when i opened the door, the noise would go away and nothing was there. freaky shit

for my mom, she slept in the master bed room which was towards the back of the house. she told me that one night when she was sleeping, she woke up in the middle of the night and saw a white figure standing at the foot of the bed. of course she freaked out and tried waking up my dad, but he didn't really budge. while my mom was tryin to wake him up, the figure was still there. eventually my mom just pulled the covers over her head and the figure was gone in the morning

my aunt was probably the freakiest one
my aunt lived in the basement with my uncle. so one day she went to take a shower, so she went to go get the water warmed up for her shower. she pulled the shower curtains open and she saw a pair of feet.
yes, a pair of feet. it was just feet there with no body. she got freaked out and ran upstairs and waited for my uncle to get home. when they went back to check later, the pair of feet was gone, but yea, PHANTOM FEET!!!!

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #72

^goosebumps.
the ghostly figures never tend to do anything or attempt to "attack" anybody ive realized from these stories and from my own experience..
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #73
I don't get it

whoa it seems like a lot of ppl get that sleep paralysis thing, I also get it too, but during a span of a week, I use to get it every night from 2-3am, Im not sure about you guys who get it, but it seemed like something was in the room or something was watching over me...

I told my friend about it and he said it happens when a spirit is sleeping on top of you, he told me to put a knife under my bed and i haven't had it happen for me for a while now, but when i think about it, it could have been me being tired cause that week i had lot of things going on, but it was weird that it happen every night around the same time

I only have one story of something weird happening at my house...this was when i was about 10-13 or so years old, it's not really scary at all but oh well...

so I wake up suddenly one night and see a light out of my room door. My room is right next to the kitchen and the light that i was seeing out of my door was the kitchen light reflecting off the wall. The thing about it, is the light that controls the kitchen light squeaks everytime you push it up or down...so im lying in my bed, i see the kitchen light reflecting off the wall and then i hear the squeak of the light switch and the light turns off...so im like wtf who was in the kitchen, so i get out of bed to see who it was, but the werid thing is I don't see anyone

now it could only be my parents, sister, or grandma...It wasn't my sister cause her room is right next to mine and i would have saw her as she was leaving the kitchen to return to her room I even went to her room and she was fast asleep. It couldn't have been my parents because from my doorway i can see their room and their door was closed from the minute i saw the light go on to the minute i got up and went to the kitchen, I asked them the next morning just in case but they said no they didn't go into the kitchen. Okay it must have been my grandma, she sleeps downstairs and I would have saw her walking down the stairs but no i don't see her, and it's not her cause i can hear her snoring from the top of the stairs.
Disillusion_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #74
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

after reading these i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8CP9Hhb58

it freaked me out
t~prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #75

^oh Shiiett i jumped..

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 10-16-2007 at 12:51 AM.