REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
RS Veteran

Local Ghost Stories

Anybody got any?
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

one time at band camp
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
ek1
Need to Seek Professional Help

yea. heres one i encountered its not really a story just an experience.

so when i was around the age of 5 i use to live in an older house and throughout my house there would be like a hall/corridor leading to every room. i use to alwasy run along the hall back and forth from room to room n after awhile i noticed that when it got a little dark if i ran really fast across the hall i would see a figure sitting in my living room couch even though nobody was there. i thought this was just a blurry vision thing while running fast. couple months later an older cousin of mine ran across the hall n said "damn your hall is so freaky, everytime i run across it, i see your dad sitting on the couch." the figure did in a way look like my dad. so yea turns out i wasn't the only one seeing this figure and it wasn't just a imaginary blur. spooky. luckily i moved now that room always did have a eerie feeling to it.

Last edited by ek1; 10-11-2007 at 07:27 PM.
ek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

One night my friends and i went to Churches Chicken for dinner on the corner of Fraser and 41st. This was back when we were age 14/15 and we didn't have our license back then so we had to walk and bus everywhere. After eating our meal, we decided to head towards a friends house. We realized it would be a lot faster if we were to cut through the graveyard. It was about 10/10:30 at night and we were already half way through the cemetery when all of a sudden my friend points out that there was this woman dressed in black holding a lantern/lamp walking by in the distance. I reanalyze her and realize that she isn't walking by, she is in fact floating by. My friends and i looked at eachother and without saying a word we high-tailed it outta there.

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. Did Good_KarMa actually see a womanly ghost figure in the distance; or was his mind just playing tricks on him. You decide!

Berz out.....errr i mean Good_karma Out!

P.S:i don't sound as cool as Berzerker when i do it, do i?
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
^ no u dont

i once crashed at my friend's place when my parents were outta town 4~5 years back..i was about 14 or 15 then.
i was there for about a week, and one of the nights, my buddy got wasted at a party (i was at his place when he was out with another group of people), so he called me and told me that he would crash at his friend's place for a night..meaning i'd have to sleep in his place alone.
he lived in a decently big house, as the house was originally his parents', before they moved back to Hong Kong.

so i was just climbing into bed, and after a couple minutes, i start hearing what sounded like footsteps (couldnt be too sure because i was upstairs and it sounded quite distant)..i guessed that it was just somebody revving their cars and busting up the music..as it was pretty common in my neighborhood to hear that at night..
but then i started to hear bangs (almost as if somebody was beating on the floor with their fists) downstairs.
i thought it was just my buddy playing games on me telling me he was drunk and then scare the shit out of me, but when i got out of bed and walked out of the room, i looked down the staircase (the staircase was only about 2~3 meters away from the room), and then i saw a black figure in the dark (the place had a huge window right by the front entrance by the den, so the place was pretty much lit by the moonlight)
so i turned on the light switch, but nobody was there, and i never once looked away when i was turning on the lightswitch (it was just a couple meters from where i was standing).
"it" couldnt have ran away because
1. i was looking at it the whole time, and
2. the front lobby by the den was very spacious, and if it had made any big moves, it would had been very obvious.

but nothing was there...
and indeed, my buddy had dropped dead at his friend's place just moments after he called me.
wasnt a thief or anything either, because he wouldnt be making that kinda noise, and nothing had been misplaced or stolen the very next day

luckily my buddy sold the house after like 2 years when he moved closer to UBC, but he claimed to have seen something similar, but in his backyard full of weeds.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 10-11-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
The RS Anchorman

What Happened to the old Ghost Stories post in VLS ?
wahyinghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

When i was a kid like 6-7 i would guess, my sister and i were up in our bedroom and we were kicking the walls laying in bed. My mom and dad were out in the garden working and we could see them out the window. Out of nowhere there was a loud bang bang bang from the other side of the wall we were kicking, strangely though there was no room there it was the staircase and part of the attic. The house was built in the early 1900's and my parents just said it was probably one of my great grandparents that died there .
silva95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
my neighbour is a ghost. He speaks english and married an asian woman. The end
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by asian_XL
my neighbour is a ghost. He speaks english and married an asian woman. The end

^^^ lol

well i lived in the philippines til i was 9, our house back there was haunted.. lots of shit went on

me and my bro slept in the same room

i just remember waking up or dreaming one night, i got up from my bed and i look outside my window and i saw my older bro playing, i was around 8 years old at the time and my bro was 13...

and mind u that i saw him playing at night outside of our house

he then saw me through the window and started calling me out..

i remember telling him i didnt want to because it was late and then he walked up toward the window and started yelling at me

i stood back and when i looked at his bed, i saw my brother still sleeping..

and then i cant exactly remember what happened but i did recall just waking up after

either it was just a dream/nightmare, it was still fucked up.. because it seemed that my "brother" was luring me out of the house late at night..
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

a few years back, my sister had just moved into a house with her husband and child. my nephew was about 6 at the time. so one night when my sister and her husband was watching tv, my nephew for some reason was by the stairs area where the main entrance was located. not noticing my nephew around, my sister went to look for him and he was by the stairs. when she asked him what he was doing there, he said he was talking to a man in a hat that was sitting by the stairs. my sister went to the area my nephew said he was at and nobody was there...

that scared the shit outta me. i never came over to their house again lol
Drizzt Do'Urden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
When I was about 6-10, yeah I gave a big range because it happened all through those years. This is at the current house I'm living in.

Late at night, like whenever I was going to sleep, I would see these shadows. They weren't your typical shadows, they had different colours and when you looked at them, they would disappear. By the doorway, there would always be this one tinted green shadow with a spot of yellow that kept looking in. I say looking in because it never entered the room but was always there just as if someone was peeking in through the door way to say something to you or to check up on you. I always closed the door to avoid seeing that thing.

The weird thing was that this one night, it wasn't there, like the door was open but it just never showed up. Instead, there was this one blue shadow. Along with the blue shadow there was a brown one. The blue shadow pretty much did what the green one did before just peering in and stuff but the brown one would actually come into the room. I of course was scared shitless so I turned away from the door to sleep on my other side. I somehow muster up the guts to turn around and there it was. Inside my room, right next to my bed. Then it disappeared as I saw it. I'm freaking out, I close my door and turn on my light. I slept with the light on that night and then i guess my parents turned it off when they saw it on. That night, I had a dream where I couldn't breath, there was no reason why i couldn't breath I just couldnt. I knew I was dreaming so I tried to wake myself up but nothing would work. I couldn't breath and I was losing any hope of getting anything. In my dream, I grap a oxygen mask and inhale, there was my breath of air. I wake up and its the morning.

Second Story

I was cleaning my room somewhere in that age range. But this one only happened once. Anyways, I was cleaning my room and I just had finished. I close my eyes briefly and then try to open them. I couldn't. It was as if they were glued shut. I tried so hard to open them, i even tried to pry them open with my fingers. Nothing worked. I was freaking out, I laid my back agaisnt my wall since I started to lose sense of my surroundings. I then sat down and tried to open my eyes again. I couldn't. I then started to see with my eyes shut. I know this sounds weird but it was as if I could see but I knew my eyes were shut. What I saw was the blue shadows. Except this time there wasn't just one but there were several of them. All surrounding and looking at me. I'm freaking out, and then try to relax. I eventually opened my eyes and the day was sunny. I don't know what had happened and never told my parents what had happened that day.

Third Story

I woke up suddenly from my sleep, I was just laying down in bed flat. I tried to move to reposition myself but I couldn't. It was as if every single muscle in my body had froze. I couldn't scream, I couldn't yell, hell all i could do was move my eyes around. I started praying and then not long after, I could start moving and everything.

Fourth Story

I wasn't dreaming or anything, I just woke up suddenly and I was standing next to my bed. Standing up facing the door. My head was on one side of my shoulders but other than that, I was straight up. I was facing the door but I don't have any history or any incidences of sleep walking. I went back to sleep.

Alright, thats about it for me. I know my dad has a few but I don't know haha. I know there is a scientific and biological reason for stories 1 and 3 but for the other two I just don't know what happened and can't find any grasp of what the reasoning behind it was. I'm studying health science so I know that for younger children, their brains are still developping and random flares of neurons can cause hallucinations which fits quite nicely to story #1 and being able to see something that is not there. And for the not being able to move one, it is called sleep paralysis. Basically what happens is your brain woke up but your body didn't quite just yet. Scary as hell to feel but it happens.

Anyways thats all.. haha long read.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by CRS

Third Story

I woke up suddenly from my sleep, I was just laying down in bed flat. I tried to move to reposition myself but I couldn't. It was as if every single muscle in my body had froze. I couldn't scream, I couldn't yell, hell all i could do was move my eyes around. I started praying and then not long after, I could start moving and everything.
similar thing actually happened to my friend...and amazingly enough, i think there was some kinda report on it as a sort of psychological thing
i recall hearing about it in the news too, after it happened to my friend in camp, he claimed to have woke up half suffocating, and couldnt move a single muscle
it was eerie too, because we were in a bunk bed at this old camp spot the night it happened..and he said he had apparently tried to scream too, but i didnt hear a thing.

EDIT: F_ck why am i trying to scare myself with the lights off reading this thread at almost midnight lol

i remember when my cousin and i were still little kids, we used to think that ghosts came out at midnight, and when i went to his place for a sleepover, if we couldnt fall asleep before midnight, we wouldnt sleep at all.

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 10-11-2007 at 10:55 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden
a few years back, my sister had just moved into a house with her husband and child. my nephew was about 6 at the time. so one night when my sister and her husband was watching tv, my nephew for some reason was by the stairs area where the main entrance was located. not noticing my nephew around, my sister went to look for him and he was by the stairs. when she asked him what he was doing there, he said he was talking to a man in a hat that was sitting by the stairs. my sister went to the area my nephew said he was at and nobody was there...

that scared the shit outta me. i never came over to their house again lol
didn't somebody else had a similar story like this and made a post about this a few weeks ago?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #14

^ i remember something about that too..but it was a while back.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Man, I used to live in a house across from Freeway Mazda ... some effed up shit for real because we've had to get the house exorcised by monks but that didn't really do anything.

Anyways, I used to sleep in the basement and imagine a room with a regular single bed along the right side. I would always wake up to the sounds of feet scattering around my bed like little children were playing a game of tag around the bed. I would never see them but I could hear them. They would stop and start again close my eyes, fall back asleep and awake to the sounds of childrens laughter. That was the last straw. I thought I was going crazy but it was going on for quite some time. Told my parents and the monks came.

A few weeks later, we moved out of that house. I was the last one out and I distinctively remember turning off all the lights. I drive back later that night and all the lights are back on! Me and buddy go in the house and expect for any forced entries ... didn't find any so we turned them all off again. We leave for some dinner and come back and ALL the lights were back on again!! Called my parents and my sister and they tell me no one has been back to that house except me.

We find out that the people who had bought that house moved right the fuck out a month later.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #16
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

A thread like this pops up every Halloween, I love reading these
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 AM   #17
JqC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally posted by sexyaccord
one time at band camp
a ghost stuck a flute up my pussy.
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 AM   #18
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Grandmaster Tse has a pretty fucking creepy one from his old house...
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #19

its a good read, but its f_cked up to imagine just what kinda supernatural things happen sometimes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #20
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally posted by AzNightmare
didn't somebody else had a similar story like this and made a post about this a few weeks ago?

was probably me under my other name last halloween lol
Drizzt Do'Urden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

There's gwai los on RS. True story.
BaoXu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden
was probably me under my other name last halloween lol
multiple accounts :O!
lol
Old 10-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #23
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Physixx
multiple accounts :O!
lol
Change of names..

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #24
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally posted by Physixx
similar thing actually happened to my friend...and amazingly enough, i think there was some kinda report on it as a sort of psychological thing
i recall hearing about it in the news too, after it happened to my friend in camp, he claimed to have woke up half suffocating, and couldnt move a single muscle
it was eerie too, because we were in a bunk bed at this old camp spot the night it happened..and he said he had apparently tried to scream too, but i didnt hear a thing.

EDIT: F_ck why am i trying to scare myself with the lights off reading this thread at almost midnight lol

i remember when my cousin and i were still little kids, we used to think that ghosts came out at midnight, and when i went to his place for a sleepover, if we couldnt fall asleep before midnight, we wouldnt sleep at all.
I think they call it sleep paralysis or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Old 10-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #25
straight from the fields of squamton

True story, Theres a creepy guy named Steve who works/worked at the 7/11 on kingsway near metrotown across from the KFC who like fisting, but can't get a woman because when he get's romantic his skin turns transparent(so he told us...The conversation started randomly when he asked us why white girls don't like fisting...while ringing up nachos which ended up cold)

That friend and I spend 30-45 minutes talking to steve because he was so cool. We sent friends to talk to him and apperently Steve thought I was a gay emo kid and the girl I was with was a fat lesbian(neither are 100% true) however they took a camera and Steve didn't turn up in any of the pictures, and they took a lot of pictures of Steve.

100% true story ^^^

Last edited by 1990TSI; 10-13-2007 at 12:38 AM.
1990TSI is offline   Reply With Quote