REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #76
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I got that sleep paralysis thing a few times in my life... not that often or anything, but it's sometimes i'm about to fall asleep and kind of start having a nightmare I try to wake myself up and try as hard as I can to open my eyes..when I finally can my eyes are wide opened and i'm just sweating like shit with goose bumps all over...

but yeah i have a few stories..mine aren't really that scary or anything just random abnormalities...

so i was in grade 7 I think? and we were on a class field trip to the ... gold mines or whatever they are, basically we took some pictures blahblah buddy got them developed and theres this 1 random picture of this guy on a horse posing with us in this 1 picture.. so we're like wtf.... we never saw him there.. we even asked around and noone knew who he was...

also when I was like.. 5 or 6, I had this ninja turtle toy i fucking loved, i wouldn't go anywhere without it. I had this dream one night where I put my toy on top of a volcano and it blew up the toy. I wake up next morning I can't find my toy anywhere. Fast track... maybe... 6-7 years later. My moms like.. hey is this yours? *giving me this frozen ninja turtle toy* i'm like yeah where'd u find it? she's like.. "in the freezer". I highly doubt I put it in there but who knows.. kind of random lol.

ok this other shits just recently and hella random, I think my minds just going crazy

Once in a while when I sleep now I see these random shades of colors just moving about in the room, my visions pretty bad without contacts/glasses so it could just be that...

just a few weeks ago I came home kind of drunk, and I brushed my teeth prepared for bed, and i'm walking to my room in pitch darkness, but as I get to my room I get surrounded by 3 shadowy figures, I can make it out to be 1 girl and 2 guys. In my head I knew they weren't there, they were kind of clowded figures in the dark but i'm kind of like .. fuck... who the hell i'ma fuck you up... and I start throwing punches left and right but obviously I hit nothing. I turn on the lights and noones there. I start thinking to my self "am I that drunk? nah...i've been worse" and i'm not the type of guy that hallucinates either. So i'm just like fuck it i'ma sleep whatever. I go to bed and i'm surrounded again by these guys allaround my bed. I start talking to them I have no idea why. But i'm just like heey how's it going and that's the last thing I remember before i passed out. lol

oh yeah does anyone else do this? when you suspect someones in your house like you hear noises n shit. do you talk to them? Like when I suspect someones in my house or I hear noises I grab a weapon start walking that way then start yelling shit like"I KNOW YOUR THERE COME OUT BEFORE I STAB YOU IN THE EYES" even though noones ever come out, it's just something I do to reassure myself I guess but if someone comes out.. i woudln't know what to do lol.

and just last night and these other random nights. I keep hearing this scratching sound inside my cupboard, but I can't pinpoint the location. I try to go closer and the sound stops, I go back to bed and it starts again. I'm not really scared as it's just a piss off that I can't fall asleep with these random noises and I can't find it where it's coming from to see what exactly it is.
Advertisement
.Dream.Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #77
Banned (ABWS)

This is my GF's Story she told me years ago when she was younger ...

time: 12am +

So beaver lake i guess from what ppl say is the place to practice "dark magic" witch craft stuff... who knows..

ive never been there myself but from what she said theres a some sorta lake and a trail around it.. and theres like only one exit in and out w/ park benches around the lake..

shes w/ a group of 6+ ppl and they split into 2 groups.. and decide to meet back at the starting point.. during her walk she said they saw some dark figure sitting on the park bench. but they cant see that well cuz its dark and as they get closer they noticed a headless guy sitting there cradling his head and as they walked past the thing / guy says HELLO.. and they all ran as fast as they can around to find the other group .. once they met up.. they told them about that headless guys and they didnt notice anything at all..

gf wanted me to go and walk around that place.. SHES NUTS.. lol i wouldnt walk around there even during the day time after hearing her tell me this story lol..

i get chiills just writing this ...
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #78
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
After hearing all these ghost stories.

Have any of you actually tried to move and attack it or throwing punches at the "fog" or whatever?
Most of us would be scared frozen or run for their lives, but just curious.

I personally never seen anything unordinary, and I'm very skeptical about ghosts. If I ever saw one, I would plan to attack it or tell it to get lost, but reallstically, I would probably be scared frozen. lol

I think a lot of this is psychological though. Have any of you guys ever seen ghosts while you were in a pissed off state? For example, I was watching this scary movie, then my mom calls me and nags me about something, making me pissed off. Then I wasn't scared watching that movie anymore for the next 20 minutes.

So I suggest some of you go to Beaver Lake after something has really pissed you off and see if anything weird happens.

Edit: I just scrolled up and read Dream.Time's post. Randomly hiliarious. lol
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 10-16-2007 at 11:54 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #79
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally posted by puckle
I am carpenter and we where building a house last year just off the pat bay Indian reserve,, you put a tool down turn around
go to get it again and its gone
Edited.

Inter arma enim silent leges
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #80
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AzNightmare

Edit: I just scrolled up and read Dream.Time's post. Randomly hiliarious. lol
^lol
this isnt supposed to be scary in any way at all...but does anybody remember the scene from One Missed Call where the girls turn off their cellphones but in the middle of the night the eerie ringtone goes off anyways?
well it happened to my friend while i was sleepin over at his place..some of his friends decided that it was fun to take his phone and set the alarm 3 in the morning, knowing that he always turns off his phone at night.
it scared the living shit outta me that night lol...cuz i was sleeping in the room right next to the staircase in his townhouse and the door was open, so there was this dark eerie atmosphere from the staircase already
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #81
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

This was at the Queen Charlottes when i was about 10. Me, my brother, and a cousin were sleeping over at our grandparents, and they put us in a spare room in the basement. Us kids always hated the room cause it was so dark and such, but there was 3 of us so we braved it. there were 2 beds which my younger brother and younger cousin slept it, and i slept in a sleeping bag in the corner of the room half hidden by a dresser. I wake up in the night and its bright in the room, i sit up and there is a person as tall as the ceiling and bright as can be in robes standing between the 2 beds, and he is facing towards me but just looking down at my brother and cousin. I dont know how much time goes by of him just watching back and forth, then he slowly starts to lift his head up into my direction and i pull the sleeping bag over my head. After a couple min i take a little peak to see what was going on now but he was gone. Ive had other little things happen that i remember thinking "thats fucked" but Ive forgotten them cause i just tell myself it didnt happen, but i never forget this.

15 Lincoln MKC 2.3L Ecoboost

07 RAV4 Limited V6 *Sold*

90 CRX *Sold*
B16A, larger throttlebody and wires, lowered, 16" rims, front and rear upper strutbars, intake, white gauges, cross drilled brakes, exhaust, other small mods

05 Escape Limited *Sold*
CRX SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #82
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ I think u seen jeus..... Lol. u shouldn't be scare of jeus.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #83

No beard and long hair. hahahahaha apparently my parents house is haunted. being home alone in the family room downstairs and hearing some drawers upstairs sliding in or out, or hearing someone walk down the stairs. nothing major, and dont see anything (that Ive been told).

15 Lincoln MKC 2.3L Ecoboost

07 RAV4 Limited V6 *Sold*

90 CRX *Sold*
B16A, larger throttlebody and wires, lowered, 16" rims, front and rear upper strutbars, intake, white gauges, cross drilled brakes, exhaust, other small mods

05 Escape Limited *Sold*
CRX SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #84
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.HappySilp
^^ I think u seen jeus..... Lol. u shouldn't be scare of jeus.
LOL
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally posted by Dinan3
LOL
x2
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #86
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Since this thread died.. I'll try to bring it back to life (no pun intended)..

In my earlier posts, and someone else also asked or stated about military base hauntings. Well, here are a couple of my experiences with military bases and just weird things that happen there.

This is at Seaforth Armoury on burrard just before the bridge. There is actually a noose in the middle of the parade square. There have been stories about it but I never particularly paid much attention to it. Apparently it was some sort of training encouragement or anti-treason propaganda. Anyways, back to the story. We had slept over there for an over night weekend exercise. I woke up especially early and just went down to the parade square. There was a knee high fog on the square which I thought was rather strange because the building was completely closed and the temperature variation shouldn't have caused a fog. Eitherway, I didn't care too much because who the hell cares about a fog. Walking along the parade square I see a figure in the distance at the other end of the parade square. I was thinking it might be someone else who had also woken up early so I started to walk towards it. As I was getting closer, I could see that the person had a drill cane (or pace stick) and was promenoding around the end of the parent square. Immediately I thought, SHIT its the RSM. Then the figure looked right at me I thought I'm going to get the shit kicked out of me so I just stood there waiting to get my ass kicked. No sooner than i thought it, the fog disappeared along the figure as if being blown away by the wind.

Second story

This is at RMC, there is a barrack block where no one is allowed to sleep on one of the floors because of a haunting that has been going on there for quite some time. Anyways, this one time one of the soldiers decided that the whole haunting thing was BS and that he would rack up in that floor. All seemed to be well for a couple of days but then he started to act weirdly or unusual to how he normally behaves. No one took too much notice of it because sometimes people are just weird or stressed. From there things got gradually worse. The guy was a good soldier, he had no medical conditions or anything physically or mentally wrong. One morning, he just never showed up to work and then someone people got worried and tried to get in contact with him. They called him and no one answered, they went to his room and no one was there, everything seemed untouched. He was then reported as AWOL and the base went on search for him. Reviewing the security tape, they found that he had sleep walked into the lake and drawned himself. This is again a guy who had no medical conditions or prior history of sleep walking. He just sleep walked right into the lake. No hesitation and went under and never went back up.

I have a couple more class is ending soon so I'll save it for later..

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #87
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Does anyone have any good links for ghost story? Getting bored at work and I want to read some ghost stories lol ^_^
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally posted by CRS

Second story

This is at RMC, there is a barrack block where no one is allowed to sleep on one of the floors because of a haunting that has been going on there for quite some time. Anyways, this one time one of the soldiers decided that the whole haunting thing was BS and that he would rack up in that floor. All seemed to be well for a couple of days but then he started to act weirdly or unusual to how he normally behaves. No one took too much notice of it because sometimes people are just weird or stressed. From there things got gradually worse. The guy was a good soldier, he had no medical conditions or anything physically or mentally wrong. One morning, he just never showed up to work and then someone people got worried and tried to get in contact with him. They called him and no one answered, they went to his room and no one was there, everything seemed untouched. He was then reported as AWOL and the base went on search for him. Reviewing the security tape, they found that he had sleep walked into the lake and drawned himself. This is again a guy who had no medical conditions or prior history of sleep walking. He just sleep walked right into the lake. No hesitation and went under and never went back up.

I have a couple more class is ending soon so I'll save it for later..
wow thats pretty spooky..they found his body in the lake?
ive heard of people getting sick and coming down with all sorts of weird conditions in military camps from my friends who were in the cadets...i always thought it was just one of those campfire/ cadets stories but apparently a friend of a friend of mine suffered from similar illness after visiting a camp in alberta
Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #89
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
my co-worker told me a freaky ass story tonight at work

i'll post it tomorrow cause i'm sleeping soon and i don't need any nightmares

Last edited by Ch28; 10-18-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #90
CRS

And answer Physixx's question, yes he was found in the lake. As for the cadet illness, it's called being home sick.

And Kev, it's the morning and I see NOTHING.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally posted by CRS
And answer Physixx's question, yes he was found in the lake. As for the cadet illness, it's called being home sick.

And Kev, it's the morning and I see NOTHING.
maybe..but the symptoms didnt sound anything like homesick..apparently she would just gag and gag but nothing would come out of her throat.
i dont know..just something i heard from my friend who was at the camp the same time she was
Old 10-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #92
CRS

Quote:
Originally posted by Physixx
maybe..but the symptoms didnt sound anything like homesick..apparently she would just gag and gag but nothing would come out of her throat.
i dont know..just something i heard from my friend who was at the camp the same time she was
Panic Attack.

And its been 2 days now Kev...

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #93
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

a few years back i was sleeping in my bed and in the middle of the night i felt, what it seemed like, something stepping on my bed to the left of me. i was like wtf and then i had the guts to open my eyes a bit just to see if i was actually imagining this or not, i didnt have my eyes open completely but just a slit. i notice a dark figure stepping over me and then stepped onto the bed on my right and then it disappeared. i was so freaked out that i turned the light on until it was morning. to me it looked like the figure had a hat on but it was just dark, i wasnt sure if it had stared at me or not. i was thinking maybe it mightve either been my grandpa or my dad who had died a year or 2 before that incident. ever since then it hasnt happened, but to this day im pretty sure it was a ghost.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally posted by CRS
Panic Attack.

hmm.. common?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #95
CRS

Quote:
Originally posted by Physixx
hmm.. common?
Fairly.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #96
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I used to live in van, on Findlay st. (between trout lake & commercial) my aunt lived on the same st. her house was 3 floors and she'd rent out the top floor. Before i was born there was a family that lived on the top floor soon after moving in they started to have problems and the husband ended up killing himself or his whole family, cant remember.
Whenever a family would move in since that incident, their relationship seemed to get worse and worse (coincidence sure) but anyone whoever moved into the top floor wouldn't last long they'd always move out quickly, most of their stories were that people were breaking in, in the middle of the night. Unlocking the back door (terrace) and just walking through the house.. ??? even though no sign of forced entry ever showed.

Whenever i was at my aunts house you could hear people moving around upstairs either running from one side to the other or just slowly strolling through, this is when no ones living upstairs. My aunt herself would get scared i imagined she became somewhat senile cuz she used to talk to the ceiling saying "sorry about the noise" or "don't get mad" shit like that.

This is where it starts turning weird.. One night when i was at my house looking across the street towards my aunts place i saw that there was a guy at the top floor looking out the window, my imagination got me kind of chilly but i figured it was probably a new tenant.. then i found out no one was living up there and my aunt wasnt going to rent it out anymore.. gives me the chills thinking about it

this is when things started happening on the 2nd floor as well we would see a man standing just by the corner of our eyes my cousin saw a guy standing in the hallway looking in the bathroom where she was coming out of.. Also my aunt raises a parrot, its locked in a cage, one morning she woke to find the parrot de-feathered and dead (cage still locked) i was pretty much too scared to go over to her house anymore after that, and she soon moved out of the place as well.

As i got older i heard more stories about things happening in the basement where an older man lived i always thought he was just crazy though so i still wouldnt believe what he said goes on down there is true, its pretty much more of the same except he claims he's been attacked by it and things would fly around etc few years later we heard he passed away through the grapevine, dont know of what, but my aunt claims she saw his ghost while clearing out the basement.

my aunt ended up selling the house 5ish years ago, she didnt tell them about the stories but the new owners painted the house a weird green and added some odd looking chinese doors to the place kinda makes the house fit in more with the happenings

edit: i totally forgot a better description of where it is would be beside the Croation Centre next to the apartment.

another note, all the people who rented after the death if there were any guys they'd always get injured badly (coincidence maybe but yeah)

Last edited by StylinRed; 10-22-2007 at 04:30 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #97

the grudge lol
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 AM   #98
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
why'd i decide to check this page out at this time.. oh wait its almost 6:30am.. but still

got a lot more "odd" things that happened but kinda eerie writing about them now
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #99
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wow spooky stories...entertaining now but watch me be wide awake tonight in bed expecting for something freaky to happen to me
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 AM   #100
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I'm sitting in my bed in the dark with my laptop on and I just saw some shadow dart across the end of my bed
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote