REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Unhappy Parking Ticket

Last night, I parked in front of Office Depot on Lougheed and had dinner at Boston Pizza. When I came back, i found a parking ticket under my wiper. Its 50 dollars and the reason was "walked off lot towards Boston Pizza"

I parked at 7:15 and they issued it at 7:25.

What should I do? Dispute it? I'm getting a new license plate at the end of the month, if that makes a difference. If I don't pay it, will they come after me? Thanks!

What do I say if i dispute?
Advertisement
kknater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Director of RS Cares

well the thing about that parking lot is, it's sectioned off for each business.

you were parked in the spots designated ONLY for office depot customers whereas boston pizza has their own spots on the left hand side of their main entrance.

rules are rules my dear.

however, if you plan on disputing it then good lucks!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
You're a fucking retard, there are a million signs inside boston pizza saying, "IF YOU PARK INSIDE OFFICE DEPOT'S LOT, THEY WILL TICKET OR TOW YOU"

Suck it up and pay it, don't be a whiny little bitch and try and get out of something that they warned you would happen.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Let me guess, the ticket is through diamond parking. good luck trying to dispute it.
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Get a new license plate. End of story.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamR
Let me guess, the ticket is through diamond parking. good luck trying to dispute it.
Yeap that lot is diamon parking, and the office depot is the only guarded section

I park at timmy hoho's when going to BP (like when i did for rs drink meet) $50... lesson learned.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

$50 parking ticket
-or-
$18 license plate change

You do the math.

Most parking enforcement won't actually send collection agencies after you b/c it costs them more to do that, it's all bullshit trying to scare you to cough up the cash.

Jus change the plate.
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CRiXy
$50 parking ticket
-or-
$18 license plate change

You do the math.

Most parking enforcement won't actually send collection agencies after you b/c it costs them more to do that, it's all bullshit trying to scare you to cough up the cash.

Jus change the plate.
yea just change liscense plate.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
Lomac owned my ass at least once

diamond parking will send collections.
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
G'd up! w000weee

just change ur plates
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS

thanks for supporting my restraunt!!! but ya if its a private company just throw the ticket in a folder and never pay. hell i park in the handicapped spot when i got to my restraunt and i dont got a permit...
95redrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

this is my understanding of how these private lot operators work...

if you don't pay, they can't really do alot... BUT, if they notice you on their lot again, run your plates, etc... and it comes up that you owe, they can have you towed and car impounded until you do pay.

plus then you have to pay the towing fees, etc...

they can do this, cause its considered private property, and you are on their property.

anyone hear this before?
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #13
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffK
if you don't pay, they can't really do alot... BUT, if they notice you on their lot again, run your plates, etc... and it comes up that you owe, they can have you towed and car impounded until you do pay.

plus then you have to pay the towing fees, etc...
1/2 true. They'll tow you but you only pay the impound fee for the yard (unless the parking company owns the yard)

My advice? Copypasta the following letter into an email:

Dear Diamond Parking,

Suck them.

Love,

kknater
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

hate diamond parking...they can't do anything right. first they give me a ticket when i was at lansdowne claiming that i "walked off" and than i looked at the time and it was totally off..so i called them and sent in my proof that i WAS in lansdowne. a month later, a little letter arrived in my mail saying that the ticket is over due so i called bak and they say "o just ignore it" fine....today..got home and saw a letter from "WIGGINS ADJUSTMENTS LTD" i think they r the collection company and they said i have to pay 100!! so now i donno wut to do..i called them but the answering machine told me to leave my number so they will call me bak and i'm still waiting for the call...AHHHH!!!
Chinchilla!!!!
ac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CRiXy
$50 parking ticket
-or-
$18 license plate change

You do the math.

Jus change the plate.
Anyone wanna educate me on plate changes?

I don't have a car so this is interesting stuff.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

got dinged by diamond today. i parked at 1:30 exactly, went to the bank machine (not on the lot) and to denny's (on the lot) came back and saw a ticket saying i walked towards the clinic???
the time? 1:32. what the fuck.

if they don't budge on the ticket, and i highly doubt they will, what's involved in switching plates?
skaquix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 AM   #17
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
1) Park your car overnight at a club, a street, or anywhere outside

2) Remove the front plate (or back plate, but front plate would probably be easier)

3) Dispose of said plate.

4) Contact the police and tell them your plate was stolen. Just tell them where and how long you were parked in that area for. You will be issued an case number which leads us to step 5.

5) Take said case number and your remaining plate into an Autoplan broker. Explain the situation and they'll switch it for you for an $18 lost plate fee.

The reason I know this is because crackheads keep stealing my plates. I'll go out to my car in the morning and find that my rear plate (the decal one) is gone. Fuckers.
I guess the homeless hate VANOC so much that if they see someone with 2010 plates they have to gank them.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
HELP ME PLS!!!

$50 I would pay. $97 I would not.
Fuck Richmond parking lots~
Quote:
Originally posted by Los Bastardo

2) Remove the front plate (or back plate, but front plate would probably be easier)

4) Contact the police and tell them your plate was stolen. Just tell them where and how long you were parked in that area for. You will be issued an case number which leads us to step 5.

5) Take said case number and your remaining plate into an Autoplan broker. Explain the situation and they'll switch it for you for an $18 lost plate fee.

The reason I know this is because crackheads keep stealing my plates. I'll go out to my car in the morning and find that my rear plate (the decal one) is gone. Fuckers.
I guess the homeless hate VANOC so much that if they see someone with 2010 plates they have to gank them.
WOAH!
*Note to self.*
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."

Last edited by Gachinto; 11-09-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Gachinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #19
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

No need to go to such extremes. Just walk into an autoplan agent and tell them you want to change your plate!!
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #20
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

pretty extreme dude.. just hit up your closest insurance place n tell them you want to change your plate simple =)
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamR
diamond parking will send collections.
word. wiggins has been calling me for the past year. they have that stupid recording now instead of actual people. they sent about 4-5 letters threatening, then the calls started coming in.

Quote:
Originally posted by mmmk
just change ur plates
my insurance was up for a renewal and i picked up the new olympic plates. best time to do it! so if you have the regular plates, just go up to them and tell them y ou want the new olympic plates. done.

oh and it doesnt affect your credit, at least it hasnt to mine yet. i've renewed my insurance, renewed my lisence, and got a loan with no hassle.

AKA >>> 9!.t3g

pharma_joe@hotmail.com

-Joel
JN06300T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #22
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyvious
pretty extreme dude.. just hit up your closest insurance place n tell them you want to change your plate simple =)
it's extreme but i guess if u park there long enough, u can blame the person who stole ur plate as using it when you got that ticket??

but that doesnt work since they'd need to have the same car as you.

yeah, too extreme for no reason.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #23
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

You really don't have to pay any private parking lot tickets. Here's why. They have no right to get your name or address from ICBC to send you anything in the mail or to find you and collect . It's called the privacy law. If you ever get a ticket and they send you mail to collect just call them up and ask them how they got your name and address from your plate number. ICBC is not allowed to give out this info. Works every time.
thelaws69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

So how do they get your info?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #25
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Does it really matter? The only people that should have your info from your plate are the police and icbc. That's it.
thelaws69 is offline   Reply With Quote