REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #126
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
just registered with revscene..gonna go this week... how do i check rs member page?

my bloodtype is AB+

chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #127
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Wow, it's been dead in here.

I finally went today. This will be number 11.

Well, technically number 12. Number 11 went all wrong. Dude couldn't get any blood out of me. I think he was like a rookie. Anyway, they called in their best today and sure enough she got it out. Apparently, I have very tough veins. Just have to jam the sucker in harder to get the juice. Anyway hurt more than usual, but it was all good. Not bad looking blonde next to me. I wasn't gonna cry in front of her, LOL.

There were lots of young people in today. A lot of first timers, which was good. The ad campaign worked. Over half, I say, were Asian. Awesome.

It was so busy today, they turned a few people away. You definitely had to have an appointment today. I actually went in without one at around 11:00 am and was told to come back at 2:15. I was fortunate a person canceled.

They will be open on Monday. They tell me it is usually very quiet on holidays. If any RS members have been sitting on the fence, it's a really good time to go. Like they say, "Blood - It's in You to Give!."

EDIT: The clinic that's open on Monday is the one on Oak and 33rd. I'm not sure if any other locations are open this holiday Monday. And, be sure to call for an appointment.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #128
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
I just booked an appointment for Monday at 1:55pm. I've wanted to donate for a while. I plan on trying to do this every 56 days.
Thanks for the info MG1
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #129
MG1

You just made my day, my friend. Hope others get the message that giving blood is so important. It could be anyone's friend, relative, neighbour that one day will need some blood.

Hope it goes smoothly for you.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #130

Alright just got back. Took roughly an hour. I felt fine afterwards. Not dizzy or anything. The finger prick hurt more than the donation itself
Old 09-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #131
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Alright just got back. Took roughly an hour. I felt fine afterwards. Not dizzy or anything. The finger prick hurt more than the donation itself
LOL, same here. Except this Saturday, the big one hurt more than usual. Were there many people there?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #132

Very few people were there today.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #133
MG1

Went in again this past Saturday. Number 13.

That last one was nasty. The girl who did me was not good.

This time I got a nice looking gal. Blonde with light complexion. She had very nice, soft touch. Sent shivers up my spine when she ran her fingers up and down my arm to see where she could stick me with............. the needle.

I was done in under 8 minutes. I think she raised my blood pressure quite a bit. I love women who tie their hair up to expose their neckline.

Anyway, I usually have some bruising on the arm, but this time, there's nothing. She could have drained me dry and wouldn't have noticed.

Dumbass me. I didn't even ask for her name. She's the only good looking nurse there. Well, there is this tall dark haired chick who loves wearing high heels. She's not bad, I guess.

This time around, there were lots of Asians at the clinic. One Asian lady who was in her 60's was giving blood.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #134
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
You make blood donations sound so sexy.

I gotta do it more often...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #135

Going again today. I won't be able to donate again for a while though because I'm getting a piercing.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #136
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Went yesterday, haven't gone since july or august. i need to goo more often.

and the last two times hurt a bit, the flatter your arm is, the more likely it'll hurt, so don't strainghten up your arm too much. at least that's what i think the nurse said, but w/e it's not bad pain. my piercings hurt much more.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #137
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
this thread needs to ^^

they need 35,000 donations by the end of the holidays IIRC..

i've been due for a while and will go after my finals

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #138
MG1

They have me on a schedule now. I'm up at the end of this month.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #139
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Definitely need more donors. Unfortunately, I have to wait for a year after my trip to Thailand. They told me that travelling to Thailand made me a malaria risk and since they had no reliable tests for it, I need to wait a year.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #140
MG1

Went in for number 14.

Nice blonde with soft touch was there, but I got an EI gal who said she' was just as good as blondie, so I said, "Sure why not." She ended up being very good - damn. I was in and out of there in less than 40 minutes. This is counting the filling out of form and 3 or so minutes of sitting at table eating the free cookies and drink. No pain whatsoever today. Even the iron test went well.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #141
Need to Seek Professional Help

Walked in and donated first time yesterday. Was pretty nervous when waiting because needles in general scares me a bit. This needle was as thick as a korean chopstick, but barely felt it go in.

Got 2 stickers. First one was @ the reception that says "1st time donor". Afterwards got one that said "Be nice to me, i gave blood" . Also got my my first pin, looking forward in getting my "10" pin

Wasn't as bad as i thought it was, people there were very nice. Will make a appointment for next time after i get my donor card .
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #142
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
fuck.. kinda want to do this, but hate needles..
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #143
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyGreenTea View Post
Walked in and donated first time yesterday. Was pretty nervous when waiting because needles in general scares me a bit. This needle was as thick as a korean chopstick, but barely felt it go in.

Got 2 stickers. First one was @ the reception that says "1st time donor". Afterwards got one that said "Be nice to me, i gave blood" . Also got my my first pin, looking forward in getting my "10" pin

Wasn't as bad as i thought it was, people there were very nice. Will make a appointment for next time after i get my donor card .
Good for you, man. Popped your blood donor cherry. Don't forget to register yourself under the Revscene banner. Makes us look good..........

You will actually get a "3" pin before the "10" pin. Unless they decided to get rid of the 3 pin - which would be a shame, because that pin got me going.

Anyway, welcome to the club!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #144
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
fuck.. kinda want to do this, but hate needles..
Just think of all the lives you will be saving. Plus, you'll be part of the gang.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #145
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Just think of all the lives you will be saving. Plus, you'll be part of the gang.
yeah, thats why i want to donate blood, but fuckkk.. that huge needle going into my inner elbow..
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #146
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Good for you, man. Popped your blood donor cherry. Don't forget to register yourself under the Revscene banner. Makes us look good..........

You will actually get a "3" pin before the "10" pin. Unless they decided to get rid of the 3 pin - which would be a shame, because that pin got me going.

Anyway, welcome to the club!
I did register to become a member for the partner for life thing with revscene prior to going in, but not sure if it counted towards it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
yeah, thats why i want to donate blood, but fuckkk.. that huge needle going into my inner elbow..
The iron testing hurts more than that thick needle that draws your blood.

Just try it once, it's not as bad as you think it is.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #147
MG1

Did number 15 today. Ended up with the nurse who gave me the bruise the last time she did me. Blondie (chick with the soft touch) was on the platelet side of the building today (damn). Almost had a room full of Asians today. One combo breaker kind of spoiled it. Had one Asian chick almost pass out. Looked like first timer. Probably didn't eat before coming to the clinic. They had the crash cart out and everything. Even mom and dad came in. Turned out she just felt a little weak. Attention whore, LOLOLOLOL.

Another fast one. Was in and out of there in 45 minutes. Took 7-1/2 minutes to fill the bag. Not bad for an old fart closing in on 60. I plan to give till I'm 90. Probably won't get the 100 donor pin, but at least try for the 50.

Last edited by MG1; 02-18-2012 at 09:59 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #148

Last time I went, when they pulled out needle, blood leaked all over. Going for number 4 this wednesday
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #149
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Last time I went, when they pulled out needle, blood leaked all over. Going for number 4 this wednesday
Did you ever receive a "3" pin? I thought I had one. I think I lost it.

Anyway, I wear my "10" pin with pride. Certificates are given out at 50, along with the cards.

http://www.bloodservices.ca/CentreAp...RPBrochure.pdf

Last edited by MG1; 02-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #150
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Remember to donate people, blood only has a shelf life of 5-6 weeks.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: