REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-off-topic_175/)
-   -   cheeseburgers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/506408-cheeseburgers.html)

jeffh 12-04-2007 05:03 PM

cheeseburgers

i fucking love cheeseburgers, with bacon and sauce and all the fixins, who in town makes your favorite burger?
me
1 kreative cookery (near shaw cable and the dealerships off of enterprise)
2 tripple o's on spall
3 and mc dinks cheese burgers with no pickles when im drunk as hell

underscore 12-04-2007 06:54 PM

my mom makes kickass burgers. I personally go for a cheese, bacon, lettuce, ketchup, mustard and french fry combo. but when I'm really hungry meat cheese and bun will do to save time.

as far as eating out triple o's on spall and A&W are my faves.

Delerious 12-04-2007 07:45 PM

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-conten...burger_410.jpg

Quicksilver 12-04-2007 07:56 PM

Last summer, after the advent of the Baconator at Wendy's, I was hooked on them with lettuce and tomato.

My buddy came from Victoria and I introduced him to them and he liked it. Well, he decided to better it at my place. The new burger: 2 patties mixed with onion soup mix, barbecued, aged cheddar melted on both patties. 6 strips of bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickles, BBQ sauce and a fried egg. It's called the Symonator.

JDMattraction 12-04-2007 07:58 PM

ahhh, never ever the baconater... made me and my friend so sick when we ate there. A&W will always be my fave for cheeseburgers!

jeffh 12-04-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Well, he decided to better it at my place.

reminds me when i used to work at a winery and then a steakhouse in the same day in penticton, id get drunk at the winery and then to sober up for my shift at the steak house i would make my manwhich
kaiser bun
chipotle mayo mixed with a jd bbq sauce (both made in house)
white onions blanched in milk and then deep fried with a seasoned flower
dill pickles
1/4 pound patty
2 slices of grilled canadian bacon (like smoked ham cut in rounds, not strips)
lettuce
and a few french fries

i had to cut it in half to fit it in my mouth but damn it was good

foxy_DA9 12-05-2007 02:10 PM

this thread has made me very hungry!

RRxtar 12-05-2007 02:48 PM

as far as fast food is concerned, dairy queen double cheeseburger takes the win with Tripple Os double double close behind.

I used to love Burger Kings bacon double cheese burger back in highschool but they changed them. I havent eaten there in years.

god damnit I want a cheeseburger now

underscore 12-05-2007 04:15 PM

DQ got played out for me after going there a thousand times in Grade 12. The Macho Meal is pretty epic though.

Dirt Rider 12-05-2007 04:23 PM

hey thread.... fuck u....

goin to mcdonalds

jeffh 12-05-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirt Rider
hey thread.... fuck u....

goin to mcdonalds

Quote:

Originally posted by DA_TEG

god damnit I want a cheeseburger now

Quote:

Originally posted by foxy_DA9
this thread has made me very hungry!

jeffh is actually on fast food inc.'s payroll. mwahahaha

the macho meal from dq is pretty intense, my ex gf's dad who was a superlardo challenged me to eat a macho meal with him once when i was like 16. needless to say, skinny kids can eat

RRxtar 12-05-2007 07:09 PM

whats a macho meal? do they still have them?

Slo40 12-05-2007 07:25 PM

what ever happened to the full meal deal? I used to love gettin the sunday coins haha.

fourtirefire 12-05-2007 07:30 PM

Harvey's cheeseburgers take the win by far. The patties they use taste like a homestyle burger, you get to choose which toppings are on it, and for a single cheeseburger it'll fill you up a decent amount. The only thing that sucks about them is that there is only one location in town so far!

DQ's Single cheeseburger has my vote for 2nd, I used to eat those all the time back in high school when I had leftovers from the school store.

Slo40 12-05-2007 07:38 PM

as crappy as the are, I still love the taste of the Mcdonalds cheeseburger.

RRxtar 12-05-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slo40
as crappy as the are, I still love the taste of the Mcdonalds cheeseburger.
oh god ya. every few months i get a craving for them.. and then eat like 10 of them.

Therin 12-05-2007 09:32 PM

You guys ever hear of, or remember: Beef n Burger Boy's?

It was on reid's corner where cody's auction is now. Man for 5 bucks you would get a buger that was probably made from half the cow! god damn that was goood eatin'.

underscore 12-05-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DA_TEG
whats a macho meal? do they still have them?
They still have them, the DQ on Hwy 97 by Staples has them for sure, they had a sign for a bit but now you have to request it. It's a $7 or so combo that gets you:

-the biggest drink they have
-(I think) the biggest load of fries they have
-a triple patty burger loaded up with cheese, pickles and such.

My first one I didn't finish because I felt sick, not full. I went to my friends house and ate a bag of nachos after. If you ask for no ice in the drink you'll get the most for your money.

SpooSports 12-05-2007 10:08 PM

Tripple O's Gets my vote, the sawce owns!

Second off would probably be some reggie old mc'donks

I have been told that the harveys are good, ill have to adventure one day.

racer__X__33 12-05-2007 10:21 PM

macho meal (legit) made me think of the "man meal"...mmm...donairs + spicy fries

delSol97 12-05-2007 11:05 PM

I gotta go with Triple O's too .. that place r0x... y0

zumvette 12-06-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Therin
You guys ever hear of, or remember: Beef n Burger Boy's?

It was on reid's corner where cody's auction is now. Man for 5 bucks you would get a buger that was probably made from half the cow! god damn that was goood eatin'.

I remember that place, they were awesome. The biggest burger for 5 bucks for sure.

jeffh 12-06-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by racer__X__33
macho meal (legit) made me think of the "man meal"...mmm...donairs + spicy fries
i had a man combo just the other day, first time with hot sesame and damn its as good as the tzaziki

jeffh 12-06-2007 10:59 AM

i forgot about the cactus clubs burgers.
they make a mean bbq burger

Delerious 12-06-2007 12:28 PM

triple o's owns all for breaky burgers... ask for the 'burgegger' when you go there, they're not on the menu's anymore but they still make them... and they're like heaven on a bun.